Rotting Christ (later)
Cradle of Filth (early)
Graveworm
Dark Fortress
Chthonic

Total votes: 105
18.01.2008 - 17:50
Olli
Melodic black metal is a growing genre. I'm not an expert on black metal by any means, but I know I prefer these bands to the raw sound of Norweigan Black Metal etc. Melodic black metal often has gothic influences as well, and that's pretty much where my knowledge ends. If you know any other good bands that play like the ones in the poll please post as I'm interested in listening to them!
My favorite out of these would be Dark Fortress, a German (I think) band, my favorite album by them is Stab Wounds. I reccomend them to everyone!
Oh and please keep on topic and try not to turn this into a genre battle.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
18.01.2008 - 17:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Dimmu Borgir...
Their first three albums are masterpieces.. Now, I don't like them so much.
But Stomblåst [the original one] is just brilliant. the intro of the first song... the piano is incredible beautiful.

I really like Dimmu Borgir's first era.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.01.2008 - 20:48
Abattoir
Staff
I vote for Dimmu Borgir, no doubt...I like them since the beginnig. And for me they are one of the best bands...
On the other side, I would say that Rotting Christ is realy great band. I find this band on this site and I would say that I like their music, style...cool band.
Graveworm is also one very good band...I found some albums, like Scourge Of Malice and Engraved In Black, great as well...
Generally speaking I like this genre pretty much ...
18.01.2008 - 21:05
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I don't really know what you mean with this, seeing the list of bands in the poll and what you say in the first post... what is that "raw sound of norwegian black metal" you refer to? what do you mean as melodic black metal as a growing GENRE? (as even bands in the poll have little to do with each other if not by the fact that they don't play raw black metal).

Anyway... if I had to chose one "melodic black metal" band I think I would chose Emperor.
18.01.2008 - 21:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont wamma post here because there are many bands but for fun I will say Titan Mountain, Lunar Aurora, Emperor, Crimsoon Moonlight, Korozy and so on and I wont return to this poll because I had hear a lot of bands what shood be here but Im lazy take a serach for new
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2008 - 22:17
Olli
Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 21:05

I don't really know what you mean with this, seeing the list of bands in the poll and what you say in the first post... what is that "raw sound of norwegian black metal" you refer to? what do you mean as melodic black metal as a growing GENRE? (as even bands in the poll have little to do with each other if not by the fact that they don't play raw black metal).

Anyway... if I had to chose one "melodic black metal" band I think I would chose Emperor.

I should have said growing sub-genre. And by the norweigan sound, most Norweigan black metal has raw production while melodic black metal uasally has cleaner production, not all the time for either, but generally. And I forgot about Emperor, which is stupid as they are the most well known and will probably win the poll
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
18.01.2008 - 22:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Olli on 18.01.2008 at 22:17

I should have said growing sub-genre. And by the norweigan sound, most Norweigan black metal has raw production while melodic black metal uasally has clean production, not all the time for either, but generally.

Than have you hadf hear polish MBM, German MBM, Frenh , hellenic(who are unique genre ) or italian
I dont wanna give a lits of bands what i had hear in past but those ountries what I mentioned has good bands many good bands unknown and problem are there are to many of tham that we cant know all
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2008 - 22:24
Olli
Written by Bad English on 18.01.2008 at 22:19

Written by Olli on 18.01.2008 at 22:17

I should have said growing sub-genre. And by the norweigan sound, most Norweigan black metal has raw production while melodic black metal uasally has clean production, not all the time for either, but generally.

Than have you hadf hear polish MBM, German MBM, Frenh , hellenic(who are unique genre ) or italian
I dont wanna give a lits of bands what i had hear in past but those ountries what I mentioned has good bands many good bands unknown and problem are there are to many of tham that we cant know all

Could you pm me a few of the best bands? I don't know that much about black metal and melodic black metal is a fairly new find for me. Anyway this poll was pretty general. If it reveals new good bands to me maybe I will remake the poll
----
18.01.2008 - 22:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Olli on 18.01.2008 at 22:24

Could you pm me a few of the best bands? I don't know that much about black metal and melodic black metal is a fairly new find for me. Anyway this poll was pretty general. If it reveals new good bands to me maybe I will remake the poll

in your age i thought like you
Sorry I forgout moust of bands but some are

ok Titan Mountain(Pl) , Korozy(Bul) Crimsoon Moonlight(Swe) Twilight Opera(fin) Tvangeste, Woods of Ypres, Ydalir, Luna Ad Noctum , Dark Fortress, Magog, Ancient, Limbolic Art, Aeon of Fear,

Sorry those are moust of underground bands what I can remeber whit out search in MA but there was and are more, only you shood search tham
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2008 - 22:39
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 18.01.2008 at 22:34

ok Titan Mountain(Pl) , Korozy(Bul) Crimsoon Moonlight(Swe) Twilight Opera(fin) Tvangeste, Woods of Ypres, Ydalir, Luna Ad Noctum , Dark Fortress, Magog, Ancient, Limbolic Art, Aeon of Fear,

Sorry those are moust of underground bands what I can remeber whit out search in MA but there was and are more, only you shood search tham

But Dark Fortress are even in the poll. although they're boring as fuck if you ask me.
18.01.2008 - 22:43
Olli
Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 22:39

But Dark Fortress are even in the poll. although they're boring as fuck if you ask me.

What albums have you listened to? There a really good band IMO.

Thanks! I'll check them out first and once I've found what I like in them I'll search for more

Btw first time trying to quote two people at once may have screwed up a bit lol
----
18.01.2008 - 22:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 22:39

Written by Bad English on 18.01.2008 at 22:34

Ye sthay are boring IMO best ger MBM band are Ancient Ceremony , Cryptic Wintermoon, and band whos album title was something about Saxony dunno if i find in MA I post damn I forgot name
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2008 - 22:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Olli on 18.01.2008 at 22:43

Thanks! I'll check them out first and once I've found what I like in them I'll search for more

Btw first time trying to quote two people at once may have screwed up a bit lol

all are in MA and in all home page was songs for free
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2008 - 23:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Alos try Saxorior from Germany
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2008 - 23:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
And where's Dissection? That's by far my choice of the day! Jon Nödtveidt created some magical Melodic Black Metal in the '90s! The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane will always be remembered. Or just listen to the awesome live EP Live Legacy and tracks like Unhallowed, Night's Blood and Where Dead Angels Lie... pure perfection. :
----
18.01.2008 - 23:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 18.01.2008 at 23:12

And where's Dissection? That's by far my choice of the day! Jon Nödtveidt created some magical Melodic Black Metal in the '90s! The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane will always be remembered. Or just listen to the awesome live EP Live Legacy and tracks like Unhallowed, Night's Blood and Where Dead Angels Lie... pure perfection. :

Damm Now I want to vote again [I voted for Dimmu xD]
Dissection's first albums are awesome.. and like you said Live Legacy is one of the best live albums I ever heard... the poduction is very good and clean!!!

Jon is my favorite dead artist u.u
----
Rod, let me love you.
18.01.2008 - 23:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.01.2008 at 23:37

Dissection's first albums are awesome.. and like you said Live Legacy is one of the best live albums I ever heard... the poduction is very good and clean!!!

Yes, the production is very good and clean. But do you know what's so ironic? Night's Blood was supposed to be on that EP too, but the recording of it went wrong and the sound was far from good and clean.
----
18.01.2008 - 23:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i voted for Graveworm...what i heard by them so far is great
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.01.2008 - 00:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 18.01.2008 at 23:41

Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.01.2008 at 23:37

Yes, the production is very good and clean. But do you know what's so ironic? Night's Blood was supposed to be on that EP too, but the recording of it went wrong and the sound were far from good and clean.

LOOOOOL That sucks... Night's Blood is one of the best songs by them u.u
And I hate when the production is not so good... I mean I don't want to hear pure and clean production.. but I want something that I can hear.
And some songs of Dissection's old demos really sucks because the production.
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2008 - 00:50
Bulletdodger
My vote goes to early CoF , I just like how they sounded in the past now , I don't like the other albums , only yhe first ones.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
19.01.2008 - 14:45
Olli
Written by Ellrohir on 18.01.2008 at 23:56

Yeah graveworm are brilliant, my second favorite on that list! Engraved in black is my favorite album by them

Should I delete this poll and create a new one with:
Emperor
Dissection
Graveworm
Dimmu Borgir (early)
Cradle of filth (early)
Rotting Chirst (later)
Chtonic
Dark Fortress
Other
----
19.01.2008 - 18:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Olli on 19.01.2008 at 14:45

Written by Ellrohir on 18.01.2008 at 23:56

Yeah graveworm are brilliant, my second favorite on that list! Engraved in black is my favorite album by them

Should I delete this poll and create a new one with:
Emperor
Dissection
Graveworm
Dimmu Borgir (early)
Cradle of filth (early)
Rotting Chirst (later)
Chtonic
Dark Fortress
Other

Trt this traed http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2519
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2008 - 19:33
Sunioj
From this list my fav. is Dark Fortress. Love everything they put out, period. I hear their new album is more aggressive
19.01.2008 - 21:31
Olli
Written by Sunioj on 19.01.2008 at 19:33

From this list my fav. is Dark Fortress. Love everything they put out, period. I hear their new album is more aggressive

Someone who agrees with me I haven't heard their newest album yet, can't find it anywhere
----
02.02.2008 - 06:18
selken
Irreligious
Voted for Dark Fortress but

WHERE THE FUCK IS DISSECTION!!!!
Their sound is too "blackened" to just ignore them, and IMO Storm of the Light's bane is a masterpiece of overall metal, I don't mind if someone posted it before but my vote goes really form them. In that area Dimmu Borgir is CRAP they are less dissappointing as Symphonic Extreme, and Cradle of Filth suits better for Extreme Gothic, anyway tastes are tastes and dissection owns everyone!!!
----
03.02.2008 - 23:33
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Rotting Christ they sound very original very melodic but dark also
----
Stay Metal !!!
04.02.2008 - 15:26
Dygerman
Rotting Christ for me too .... very brutal and melodic ... really liked thy mighty contract and non serviam ... especially the SONG non serviam ....
14.02.2008 - 00:53
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
your missing Naglfar
----
Coldgrits
14.02.2008 - 09:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by -DC-002- on 14.02.2008 at 00:53

your missing Naglfar

and its good, havnt seen more overated band from Swe like thay
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2008 - 09:54
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
damn - i havent ever seen this thread... im growing very much on this genre, this will be good to get me to find out about the better bands of this genre that was worded extremely badly ah well...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains