Metal Storm logo
Malice Mizer / Moi Dix Mois

Original post

Posted by AntaeusM, 17.05.2006 - 04:25
Well, here is the new topic to discuss about Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois. Too bad the old topic is gone, it had quite a lot of information about both bands(thanks Darth Satanious and Linak for contributing your knowledge about them ). Anyway, a certain someone( ) claimed he had the last few posts of the old topic, so please post them so we can continue talking/discussing about them
15.09.2006 - 04:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Now I have listened to most of the sinles. Unlike with the albums, I have favourites here: beast Of Blood and Bel Air.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
15.09.2006 - 05:00
Linak
I Own You Bitch
omg GO TO youtube and search for the beast of blood interpretation, you are going to LOVE it ^^'
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
15.09.2006 - 06:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@Linak: So what do you think of my desition, not prefering none between Merveilles and Bara No Seidou?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

15.09.2006 - 09:48
Linak
I Own You Bitch
I think you suck!
hahaha just kidding
I know deep inside you KNOW Merveilles is just better...
and Blackgir is just WRONG
bwahaha

Anyway, look at this one here, you MUST see it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgw12K2jXzI
----
16.09.2006 - 17:45
AntaeusM
Elite
Only watch the Beast of Blood interpretation if you don't care much about the song, because otherwise it will change your view on that song forever. I can tell you, after that interpretation the song makes me smile everytime hearing it

@Reinhardt, I was actually hoping you would pick one. Ah well, I guess you just didn't want to hurt Linak. I understand, but we both know Bara no Seidou is better, right?
20.09.2006 - 06:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
OK kids... (I'm older than both of you so I can call you kids, haha!), You want me to make a choice, so here's teh post.... (Drumroll)

In general terms, I prefer none of them. I think that's clear. I prefer one or the other depending on my mood, but in a "normal" state of mid, I prefer none.
I'f I feel paticularly dark one day... Maybe a bit sad or depressed, I prefer Bara No Seidou, it cheers me up and makes me think of vampires. If I'm feeling happy... TOO happy (According to mom that's whe I act like a moron laughing for nothing, I disagree, I act like a moron all the time) I prefer Merveilles, it makes me smile, and try to sing in japanese I look like a jerk, but I don't care.

I know I did not answer which I prefer in general. I don't know which to choose, yet. As soon as I choose one, I'll post, don't worry, I'll enjoy to see you discussing.

About the video.... I don't know, I did not find it particularly funny... I like the part where he says, "I will present photos of a cat" I LMAO in that little part. But it was not as funny as I thought. Maybe I'm too dumb for that kind of humor.
----

23.09.2006 - 22:04
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Blackgir:

"He does play it live, at least if I remember right from their live DVD."

Yeah, I know what you mean but I cannot tell if he is pretending of playing it or if he indeed plays it. It sounds as if it were a sample.

"Thrash? such as? I haven't heard any thrash metal in their song. The only thrashy thing about Moi Dix Mois is that Mana is a Slayer fan"

Thrash such as? Thrash such as "unmoved" of course. That starting guitar sounds very thrashy a la Lamb Of God, and then the following, short, guitar riff is Thrash definitely. The problem is that Mana has this custom of presenting the theme (the theme of the song) and then decides to stop it in order to present it later on. This makes the song to not sound as fast and aggressive than the songs of proper Thrash Metal bands but those riffs are definitely Thrash.

"I agree with your definition of atmosphere. And honestly, I feel this atmosphere on the entire album, it isn't like that my mood changes on every song."

If you are saying that the atmosphere is similar in the majority of the albums you may be right. I just wanted to point out those songs which don't follow the same mood.

"I am not sure about the Bela Lugosi's Dead reference. They sound different to me. Generally, Moi Dix Mois aren't that much influenced by Bauhaus."

Hahahha, dude, I bet you would say something like this when I came here looking for an answer to my post. lol Man, don't mind me, I must have been drunk or something when I said that they were similar. Nah, seriously, I heard the song "Bela Lugosi's Dead" after I downloaded a low quality video of the song (which was not only low quality but, as the promotional video is, it is not a complete version of the song). The quality made me hear this sound effects the song has, like something grinding, as if it actually made by the guitar. That is why it felt similar to me when compared to that "grinding" sound Mana achieves at the intro of the song "Perish" by sliding the guitar pick over the guitar chord, making it sound similar to that sound in the Bauhaus song. After I downloaded the song I realized that they had nothing in common except for the prominent presence of the bass there.

After putting some thought about this I have been driven to ask myself what Moi Dix Mois has that makes it Gothic Metal, does it really fit into this Metal subgenre? I know that their songs are pretty melancholic but these past weeks I have been asking myself of what I consider to be Gothic Metal. Is Gothic Metal indeed influenced directly, more like a continuation of Gothic Rock in Metal? Can Gothic Metal be separated from Symphonic Metal when bands claimed to be Gothic Metal (example: Tristania - My Lost Lenore) rely heavily in the use of synthesized choruses, piano, and "modified" organ synth which make the music sound sad, melancholic but which does not astray from having a Classical music approach. Isn't Gothic Metal defined just by focusing in a sad atmosphere created regardless of the instruments which set the mood? Why do bands labeled as Gothic Metal and which are claimed to have a Gothic Rock presence in the guitar playing are considered to have this elements when in the songs I have heard they sound like plain Hard Rock? These questions keep popping up one after the other and unless I get to resolve this mystery by myself I won't use the term Gothic Metal for a while. lol All the people I have seen trying to identify the Gothic Metal subgenre fail because they do not specify which elements of Gothic Rock were really borrowed by Gothic Metal.

"Omg, I don't limit myself to Japan. Sentenced are as far as I know a gothic metal(new) or death metal(old) band."

The Gothic Metal label, I don't know (see the above paragraph to know the reason of me not knowing); they play Hard Rock with some keyboard parts which are very melancholic but this is how I see it. And, yes, I have seen that they are labeled as Death Metal in their earlier works but I don't recall hearing anything from them in this period; just the Melodic Death and Hard Rock period.

"Most of the gothic metal bands I listen to are not from Japan. Same for all the metal genres I listen to."

Oh, so you lump Gothic Metal as "lukewarm" music then? Yeah, only Black, Death and Thrash Metal is grim. :[

"And well, the Japanese Rock scene is at the moment more interesting than all the rockI hear here in Europe, unless you can convince me otherwise?"

There are good Rock bands everywhere, we just have to look more for them because they are hard to find since the focus these days goes straight to these MTV generic Pop/Rock bands, not leaving space for good Rock bands. I could suggest some but I know you won't like any of them.

"I see, but that doesn't mean Sentenced couldn't have stole it."

Oh, definitely. What it means is that it will be a bitch to find.
----
Christless
28.09.2006 - 17:03
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Well, I gave 'Merveilles' some listens now, there are some fun tracks on it, but others I really don't like that much. 'Syunikiss' and 'Bel Air' are both pretty nice songs, especially 'Syunikiss', but then 'Illuminati' is not that much too my likings, its a good song though and the live performance is well ... enticing xD hahah. 'Brise' is better, aw, so happy, and in the live video with Mana running around being all cute its fun to watch though. 'Aegen' and 'Au Revoir' are both nice tranquil songs, but nothing very outstanding imo, I like 'Au Revoir' a bit more than 'Aegen'. I really don't like the tracks 'Ju Te Veux' and 'S-Conscious', they are really the lesser songs of this album to me. 'Le Ciel' is then again a nice song, also quite tranquil, the center part of this song is really cool, which starts at 2 min 30 seconds somewhere I believe, I like it. 'Gekka' is alright, don't like it that much, but its better than 'Ju Te Veux' and 'S-Conscious' at least. And then the outro starts, which is a nice piece of music and doesn't sound like the obligatory ending songs some albums have to me, of course its a rather obligatory ending song, but they took some effort to make into something nice to listen to

Overall, this album entertained me, it serves for a good listen, with the exception of a couple of songs. The performance of Gackt was pretty good, but I haven't listened to it in such depth that I can say whether his performance is better than as he is solo.
29.09.2006 - 18:26
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Eddie: bwahaha! omg you said Brise is good! I agree!! You and I should make a society about Brise's genius! take that Blackgir ^^ lol, ah you also think the Illuminati live is sexy huh alright, there's more and more joining the crazyrabidfangirl point of view, woo!
I don't like Ju Te Veux either, but S-Conscious is a good one imo, oh well, we can't always agree huh
Hey, if you can, watch Le Ciel live, that is just their best performance imo, because there's a LOT of Gackt and little Mana haha nah just kidding, and I knew it... you're on the phase of video download next step is wallpapers, mark my words kyaa ^O^ V

Hey, I'm working on a special surprise for this thread haha, I am going to prove to everyone here that Mana does NOT have a female body yes I will yes I will bwahaha *evil* I am excited *excited* haha
----
29.09.2006 - 19:51
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
nooo, I'm just watching them on youtube, no downloading yet xD but I am getting some Diru video's... hahah

I found 'Illuminati' also somewhat frightening hahah.

I've watched 'Le Ciel' live, and I've seen it before! I recognize the outfits But I really can't remember that I heard the song before, my memory fails me at times heh. But anyway, its indeed a cool performance, those outfits are amazing, and all those stars, where they hell did they come from?! but the focus is a little bit too much on Gackt actually imo, we can't agree on everything indeed
29.09.2006 - 22:00
Linak
I Own You Bitch
lol youtube doesn't make it less of a video search you're in denial right now, you'll come to your senses sooner or later ^^'
Look out for the Illuminati Live in Utaban, that one is really awesome, the quality SUCKS but the rest is just awesome, they're all dressed as doctors! sexy sexy doctors... and the part where Mana unbuttons his robe thingie is just... priceless
PRICELESS
haha Gackt rules
----
29.09.2006 - 23:43
AntaeusM
Elite
@Linak and Eddie
Brise isn't that good haha. Actually, I learnt to approciate the song for a certain reason..
but well, it is not my favourite song on the album. Personally I prefer "Bel Air" "Syunikiss" "Illumanti" and slighty "Ju te Veux" and "S-Conscious". The first three songs simply because it "summarize" how Gackt's vocals are. Ju te Veux is just..well nice. S-Conscious is slightly different than the other song, but very good.

The live video of Illumanti is amazing indeed. Actually, the phrase Linak is talking about, is one amazing phase. ah nostalgic.. anyway, videos of Visual Kei artists are highly addictive.

Haha, oh I am so curious how you are going to proof it I will wait patiently till you have showned some "proof" of Mana's body shapes.
30.09.2006 - 02:40
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Damn, I think you are right Linak, I am in denial xD but its a easy way as well to check out bands/songs if you don't want to download *needs more excuses xD*. But its true, they are addictive, and I tend to check them out more intensively than just metal videos.

About 'Brise', its not the best song on the album to me, but I like it more than 'Illuminati', 'Ju Te Veux' and 'S-Conscious', because well, those songs are really not my taste at all. 'Syunikiss' may be my favorite song, not sure, but after having seen the vid of 'Le Ciel' the song got a bit more special heheh.

Oh, yeah, I've seen that video as well with the doctoroutfits actually haha ^^

... damn, I'm doomed, now, whats the best site for wallpapers?
30.09.2006 - 22:06
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Eddie: I KNEW IT!!! bwahaha! *raises fist* victory is mine!!
lol
well, now really, you can find some great wallpapers here: http://community.livejournal.com/jrockwallpapers/ they are all kinds of jrock wallpapers not just Malice Mizer/Moi Dix Mois but you can find them in the memories thingie haha

I can sense it now... wallpapers, banners, avatars, quotes... then you'll wanna learn japanese, or at least a few words, you'll get curious about their privte lives.. let alone their privates hahaha *evil*

yeah I'm excited *excited* XD
----
30.09.2006 - 22:41
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
hahah, thanks for the link Linak ^^ so at least I have that when the time comes that I need it xD

I even already know a couple of words of Japenese, as I already have an interest in Japan with manga/anime and movies

So hey, I guess I should check out 'Bara no Seidou' a bit more deeply now, and I will tell you all what I think of it
01.10.2006 - 00:51
AntaeusM
Elite
I am looking forward to your opinion about Bara no Seidou

Ah the wallpapers I already have a perfect wallpaper related to Malice Mizer/Moi Dix Mois on my computer haha. Yeah Eddie, it is just a matter of time before your banner is replaced by a random Jrockers' face

but don't worry, J-rock is a perfect way to balance all the metal in your life
01.10.2006 - 01:35
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Eddie: Ah so you already have the japanese interest ah matter of time then, just a matter of time *evil giggle* bah, bara no seidou, you're not missing much
haha but still, I also wanna know what you thought about it!

@Blackgir: ahh the perfect wallpaper huh? that's a good answer haha
I wonder what Eddie will want for his banner soon lol, I bet it's either a Diru or Mana thingie, oh maybe even Gackt he's so entering jrockmania like you and me did before him, and maaany others will later
ahh
))
----
01.10.2006 - 02:00
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Linak on 01.10.2006 at 01:35

@Blackgir: ahh the perfect wallpaper huh? that's a good answer haha
I wonder what Eddie will want for his banner soon lol, I bet it's either a Diru or Mana thingie, oh maybe even Gackt he's so entering jrockmania like you and me did before him, and maaany others will later
ahh
))

Oh yes, my current wallpaper is perfect. I really really like it
Hm, I entered the whole Jrock thing without noticing I guess. When I am almost only into the metal or darkwave side of Visual Kei haha. Still, the genre, and the entire fanbase/genres around it are extremely interesting. Nah not Gackt, I think he would go for a Dir en Grey banner. There are already quite a few Mana banners, and a guy with a Gackt banner is kinda odd(but a guy with a Klaha banner is less odd.. and no, I don't try to proof anything here ). Oh well, time will tell
02.10.2006 - 19:35
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Hmm, I think it would be a Diru banner as well. Blackgir is right, a guy with a Gackt banner is just a little bit strange, it would be one of his Visual Kei days probably though, thats a possibility I think. I haven't seen a good enough wallpaper yet though, it'd probably be a Diru thingie as well. I just changed the look of me here on MS to Tenhi, so I think I will stick that at least a while longer hahah, but who knows :

'Bara no seidou', well one thing is for sure, its 180 degrees the opposite of 'Merveilles' and not an easy listen. This is really an album for which I have to be in the right mood for. When I feel optimistic, happy etc, this album doesn't sound well and would drag me into a dark corner, but then the music would sound better, anyway. Classical music, opera, gothic and modern music, thats probably the styles I would give to this album. And I must say, I've never listened to anything like this. At first listen it sounded all pretty much the same to me, but after a while the distinctions between the songs and the progressions in the songs come clear. But not that much though, I still have a feel of repetativeness, but I guess thats just the main feel of the album.

The leads of the guitar in 'Bara ni Idorareta' sound a bit drained and pushed back a little bit too much in the mix and overruled by the violins, guitars certainly don't play a big part in this album. I have a slight dislike to the presence of the harpsichord, at times the constant classical progressions and presence as a whole tire me. For example in the song 'Kagami no Butou Genwaku no Yoru', and well, its quite an important instrument throughout the whole album.

My favorite song of this album is probably 'Shiroi Hada ni Kuruu Ai to Kanashimi no Rondo', or 'Kyomu no Naka de no Yuugi'. The first track of its richness and an imo great use of all the different instruments, like a musical orgy hahah, okay. Hmm, so well, overall, I can't deny that this is a good album, but I can really listen to it at scarce times, so it loses a couple of points for that. And one last note, Klaha's performance is good, but I between 'Merveilles' and 'Bara no seidou' I prefer Gackt's performance, its more my taste and so is the whole album 'Merveilles'.

Well, there you go ^^
02.10.2006 - 22:05
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 02.10.2006 at 19:35

And one last note, Klaha's performance is good, but I between 'Merveilles' and 'Bara no seidou' I prefer Gackt's performance, its more my taste and so is the whole album 'Merveilles'.

Well, there you go ^^

painful those words *sigh*. Oh well, Linak will surely be happy with your reply

I don't agree with you though. Bara no Seidou shows so many creative things(as you said, the whole mix with the instrumentation) and the classical atmosphere that is over the entire album makes it just a very pleasant release. I like this darker side of Mana, it suits him better, and I think he is more talented in these kind of genres.

The main reasons why I prefer Bara no Seidou is the atmosphere, which is just much better than on Merveilles. Merveilles sounds a bit poppy, and definitely a lot more accesible. Bara no Seidou is just closer to what I like in music.

And Klaha has a better voice than Gackt, but it becomes kinda old to discuss about that. It is mostly a matter of opinion anyway.
10.10.2006 - 01:29
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Okay everyone, since there was a commotion somewhere about Mana's so called 'curves' I decided to prove to everyone here why I don't think Mana has got a curvy body more like hipless, so here goes it!

So, sexy Mana, beautiful Mana, talented Mana? yes, yes he is all of those things AND MORE! Yet? he is also a man ah the point of this thing is to show everyone that what creates the illusion of curves is actually all the dresses' fault.

This is Mana in one of his better times imo, yeah, he is one sexy bitch?

But let's start off with some male characteristics, oh yeah I'm gonna go there haha! First of all! Strength?

Now that's a heavy kid (work with me here, think of him as heavy haha), only a strooong man could carry such a heavy kid? (okay fine, that was for my own amusement, he damn looks cute on that pic?

Second! Well? ever wondered why Mana almost always wears gloves?
You got it!

Okay, on to the main topic of discussion? the hips, oh yeah the hips, we all wonder about those huh? *cough* some of us more than we should *cough*

So, this is Mana? or shall we say? Man-a? bwahaha? I think he looks damn fine dressed up in a suit, but that's just me probably ^^

Okay see? No hips, those little bulges over there are his hands inside his pockets, but that's about it, damn shame it's so small?

I also took the liberty to draw on top of some images lol, this is my interpretation of what his body looks like underneath those beautiful dresses? just to show you how they are the ones to create the illusion of curviness.

Because the curve of his ass is OBVIOUSLY not his ass nobody has that ass unless he got a Brazilian Butt-lift and well that's not likely X3

Here we can appreciate more how damn flat his body is (not that it's a bad thing, let's keep that crystal clear):

And on this next one, it is very visible how the thingie around his waist creates even the effect of breasts, we all know Mana can be cool and stuff, but he hasn't got breasts haha

Like this:

See? Completely flat? flat as a board, flat wasn't flat until he was born? *giggle*

Anyway, back on the hipless thingie? notice the effect created by the dress?

we gotta admit, Mana has got skinny man legs *heart*, like this:

LOL *explodes*

So then, this one:

Looks like he is very curvy huh? Ahh don't we girls know how to look like that X3 that, my friends, is the leg's fault, and the incredibly small feminine waist is also created by the position of his upper side, if you laid like that on the floor and did that same position, you'd look damn curvy as well, even if you're not.

On to the next picture, so we all agree that Mana doesn't have breasts? Well think again?

It's obviously the shape of the dress that looks like that, my point is, dresses can make someone look curvy and feminine, even when they're not

Because nobody has a butt like this:

And in this one here, he looks damn curvy too doesn't he? I'll put in the URL because Blackgir said I can't post nudity or sexual thingies here (ahh bet you're all rushing to opening the link how haha) so then, beware of fake penises in this next pic!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/funeralbitch/0mana196.jpg

Well, haha as you can see, not exactly nudity, but well, I rather avoid a warning not, anyone would look like that if they spread their legs a bit

And now I'll just show you? why Mana should look manlier sometimes:

The man hands without nail polish and those rings? the hair, the lips, the lack of thingies over thingies over thingies? ah he looks damn edible, this is my favorite Mana so far *heart*

So I guess that's it : ))) bwahaha, I may post something else later, but for now, I'll leave you with what a damn CURVY man looks like bwahaha

(yeah yeah I know it's the position but omfgackt >.<)

And just for the laugh? kids, this is what you should NOT wear:

Coats with those patterns should burn in hell X3

Eh? okay one more now THIS is why Gackt shouldn't have gone girl:

XD

Out of that bunch, Gackt looks just BAD, Mana looks megalomaniac per usual (*snort*), Kozi looks like out of a bad zombie movie, or Michael Jackson's Thriller, Yuki looks like he ran the hell out of the 'Little Women's' set X3 and Kami looks adorable, *sigh* Kami *heart*

So that's it! ^^
I EXPECT SOME REPLIES!!! Haha : ))) *wubs*
----
10.10.2006 - 02:10
AntaeusM
Elite
ah Linak, you really did your best to convine everyone eh

Oh well, I am still a bit doubting, you do have a point, but.. you are exagerrating

First, the hands. on the pic with the umbrella, you are right. His hands look awfully manly there, but on all the other pics they look scary or just feminine. Actually, I realised now that on some pics his hands are just scary. they look like the hands of a person with anorexia, or of some old lady. so you do made a point that his hands are ugly, but not because they look manly.

now for his curvelous shapes. Yes, he doesn't have that much hips as a female, and he is less curvelous, but he is more curvelous than most men. You exaggerated a bit with your red lines. Using a thick line so you could easily ignore a bit of the hips etc. It does remind me of those drawing lessons, how to look at the body when there are clothes around it.

Anyway, you made me really laugh and you are kinda right..but you also exaggerate. Looking at Mana's older pictures show the same thing you are showing now. Basically from photoshots of his Matenrou era, or with hardly any make-up.

Also, since Moi Dix Mois was formed Mana slowly stepped away from this "trying so hard to look like a female". Especially since Juka left. In the Beyond the Gate booklet he looks already like a male, and so does he on the new Lamentful Miss cover. some photos you have used(such as the one with the two hearts) are made this year, and so, I don't think Mana longer try to hide the fact he is a male, or at least, care about other things on his photos now.

there you go, I hope you are really happy now because you have convinced me but I won't change my opinion that he does have some curves, just not that much as some photos suggests.
10.10.2006 - 23:50
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, well, Linak, a class of how mana really looks like a man... But I must rsay this, I don't give a damn that he has man legs or have no breasts or all that stuff. H eis gorgeous, too bad he's a man.

Anyway, Linak and Blackgir I've got something for both of you. I just passed teh MAlice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois dicography to my cousin Andres (AKA Hell Hound). And he DOES have a favorite between Merveilles and Bara No Seidou.

Children, make your bets!
----

12.10.2006 - 04:10
Alouqua
Account deleted
LINAK.... I want to kill you!!!!!!! I try (I swear, I try) but couldn't stop myself.... I need to say something! You make me lose my concentration (i'm working on some stupid review here) just because I saw this thread.... and those pics.... you make me almost cry...I laugh so hard! but anyway...
The thing is: ok, Mana doesn't have the body (and the curves) of a female, you are right, but you have to admit that he make us think that hi is a woman, is not only the dresses, is his attitude... I don't know.... I don't really care if Mana has or not curves, the fact is that he doesn't need it!
also I don't care if he looks like a woman or like a male, I enjoy both (that sound really weird!), because is is so gorgeous and talented that he can make everything he wants...
About his hands... I never take to much attention to his hands because I have another (weird?) obsession: his teeth.... I'm the only one????

Well dear, you make my day... I was really tired, angry and kind of desperate and then I saw my love (Mana of course)... and your funny comments... now I'm relaxed and ready.. to keep working
12.10.2006 - 05:36
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Alouqua: this is a quickie post cause I really really gotta go but but OMG teeth! >.< asian crooked teeth are LOVE!!! hahaha I love crooked teeth X3 but just a biiit, (I love pumpkin a billion times more ) I have a pretty small pic and maybe not such a good one of Mana ALMOST smiling you can kind of a biiiit notice he has crooked front teeth aww Mana haha anyway I should really really go now PM me so I can add you girl, I so wanna chat with you X3

@Blackgir: aww haha I'll reply to your full post later

@Reinhardt: no idea really hey you're just one year older than me don't call me a kid haha *whines* X3
----
12.10.2006 - 21:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@Linak: We'll keep te mystery alive, at least until Blackgir post his bet, when he does I'll reveal my cousin's choyce. And about the age, I'm just kidding.

BTW: this is my 666 post! Hell yeah!
----

15.10.2006 - 05:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, looks like Blackgir is not gonna post. So Linak, you should beb happy, since my cousin Andrés (AKA Hell Hound) chose Merveilles over Bara No Seidou. As he said "It's easier to listen and it's happier"

Sorry Blackgir, you lost this one. Linak, one for you. No wait! Actually is two for Linak! Mom prefered Merveilles too. Sorry Blackgir, everyone here, except for me, seems to be against you. As for me. I still don't choose.
----

07.11.2006 - 04:53
AntaeusM
Elite
Time to revive this thread

I want to hear opinions about the new Moi Dix Mois single. named "Lamentful Miss".

The song itself is quite good. Seth's vocals are less good, but the overall song is nice. The keyboards are less present, and the guitars are more in the front. It is a different direction, but I wouldn't call it bad.

However, Mana did the unforgivable; he messed up Perish.

The new one only made me cry, and shout, and realising that Hora pwns Mana. The old Perish was my favourite Moi Dix Mois song, but this new one. It is slow, the entire speed is gone, and no atmosphere at all Seth's vocals are also horrible in this song. How could he ever think he could sing just as well as Juka. It already starts with the first few guitar sounds, if you turn your sound too loud it will give you an headache. Then this weird "bong" through it. I am so annoyed by this version. When Seth opens his mouth. Oh my god..the guy should never ever sing this song again. His voice sounds so bad in this song. I want Juka back, and I want the classic Perish back. Mana, you dissapointed me.

The new forbidden is okay. However, Juka's version was so much better. Seth's vocals are just mediocre. Why couldn't he sing just as well as on Beyond the Gate?

Oh, I also discovered Mana found Seth because Seth was in a band named "Brain Hacker". Which is a Japanese rock band with Seth on vocals(his nick was different there though). Something I discovered a week ago or so. It is interesting to give this band a try.
07.11.2006 - 05:16
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Ah Hora so does NOT pwn Mana! hmph... though I love it when you exaggerate this much haha

And anyway, I am neutral about the new version of Perish really, since the old wasn't my favorite song then I guess I am not as terribly offended by the new one as you are

Did it really make you cry and shout though?? oh wow I guess you so completely hate it haha what would you do if you went to a Moi Dix Mois concert and suddenly they started playing that version? I would love to see your expression haha X3

Ah well I expect Eddie to come post now what he thinks about it, or else... he'll be facing another spam session soon.. bwahah ^^'

And and.. Mana should show some more thighs again.. we miss the thighs! Thighs! Thighs! Thighs! Go thighs! X3
----
07.11.2006 - 05:53
AntaeusM
Elite
Ok fine, to give you some proof. Hora remade a song three times(Inner Universe) and several songs two times(Frozen Past, Indwell, Heavenz, Modulate God). He didn't mess up one of these songs. Now Mana decided to remake Perish. He messed up. But that is not all, Mana said in interviews that he prefers the instrumentation versions of his songs. Now, let's compare the instrumentation version of Inner Universe, with that of the Beyond the Gate songs. Hora can catch a certain feeling, when Mana just made the song boring without the vocals.

Really, the day Hora and Kaya signed a contract with Midi-Nette, that was the day the glorious days of Mana were over haha

Well, cry was a tiny exaggeration, but I felt sad, and could hardly listen to the entire song. I did shout though. What I would do? hm..just bear with it, but my face expression would be mad and frustated. Mana should play the old version. Maybe I would even curse at Seth. That guy..I just hope he will leave just as fast as all the other vocalists who has worked with Mana did. He dissapointed me.