Metal Storm logo
The Four Horsemen (Metallica) vs Mechanix (Megadeth)

Original post

Posted by DIE_by_my_HAND, 17.05.2006 - 04:29
These two songs almost encapsulate the continuing battle between Megadeth, Metallica, and their fans. On the one hand you've got the origional "The Four Horsemen" on Metallica's debut "Kill 'Em All" album which was a speedy, furious epic about Hell's messengers. Now, you have to remember that Dave Mustaine was still in Metallica when The Four Horsement was written and had a part in writing it, so one can understand him being pissed off about being kicked out of the band right when it was on it's way up and wanting to write a "F**K YOU!" comeback song to get back at his former band. And sure enough, with Megadeth's first release, "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good" came that song simply called "Mechanix" which had the exact same riffs as The Four Horsemen except for the altered intro.

Now, to me, both songs speak greatly of the fued between these two thrash bands, however, The Four Horsemen seems to be more controlled and clean, while Mechanix sounds a bit more sloppy, and rushed (due to its quicker tempo). The reason for this sound was probably Mustaine's being so anxious for his new bands debut to get out as quick as possible so it could compete with Kill 'Em All and possibly Metallica's next record. Regardless of it's rushed sound, you can definitely hear the anger in Mustaine's voice and even in his guitar playing, which makes it an all out angry, aggressive song.

Finally, my choice (since I'm being forced to chose) would have to be The Four Horsemen because of it's overall cleaner sound despite the emotion which is present in Mechanix.

Poll

The Four Horsemen or Mechanix?

The Four Horsemen
Mechanix

Total votes: 280
14.06.2006 - 03:55
aporyon
i preffer the four horsemen because the mechanix's lyrics are so fucking silly and i dont like much dave's voice
15.06.2006 - 23:27
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
For me is mechanix, is fast, it's loud, it's a disasterpiece and is in the voice of one of the best guitarist ever: Dave Mustaine. Incredible and awesome partida de madre (fuck to metallica) from his best guitar player. Hail megadeth...
15.06.2006 - 23:33
Ahto
ehehe ive changed the draw with my vote mechanix has now 23 votes
16.06.2006 - 00:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
"The Four Horsemen" any day, one of Metallica's masterpieces ... and "Mechanix" is not one of Megadeth's masterpieces!
----
16.06.2006 - 12:42
sweetLeaf
Account deleted
one is Metallica,the other one is Megadeth...why comparing?!!.. isnt it so clear?!
17.06.2006 - 08:54
DIE_by_my_HAND
umm, no, it's not clear.... please elaborate, even though you have a pic of Metallica after they went gay (which looks a little big for a signature pic...) Megadeth and metallica obviously rival each other, but I'm not trying to compare the bands here just the songs... NOOB... You mustn't be so bias... but I'll let it slide because you are 14,,, ahhh so young, so naive... you'll learn...

EDIT: Hetfield looks so emo, hahahahahaha
----
And music: well it's just entertainment folks!!
-Devin Townsend
17.06.2006 - 14:08
marinBG
My vote goes for Metallica... they have more songs I like than Megadeath + dave is a real asshole in real life
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
17.06.2006 - 19:34
Man Or Ash
Account deleted
The Four Horsemen
20.06.2006 - 21:26
DIE_by_my_HAND
wow, did you not just read my post? I said it was not about the bands, IT IS ABOUT THE SONGS, I don't care if you think Dave is an asshole, and how would you know anyway? Have you ever met him? I didn't think so...

so, once again, just to clarify... THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE SONGS, NOT THE BANDS
----
-Devin Townsend
20.06.2006 - 22:08
RavenLord
Written by DIE_by_my_HAND on 17.06.2006 at 08:54

umm, no, it's not clear.... please elaborate, even though you have a pic of Metallica after they went gay (which looks a little big for a signature pic...) Megadeth and metallica obviously rival each other, but I'm not trying to compare the bands here just the songs... NOOB... You mustn't be so bias... but I'll let it slide because you are 14,,, ahhh so young, so naive... you'll learn...

EDIT: Hetfield looks so emo, hahahahahaha

That's low. And Metallica did not 'turn gay', Bob Rock and Lar$ collectively raped James' talent and turned Metallica towards hard rock, where they should not have gone. That said, i still like Re/Load.

Now, as to the songs, Four Horsemen was the one I heard first, but the pure speed of Mechanix and Dave's vocals (at this point far better than Hetfield's) do it for me. Now, normally, I'm more of a lyrics guy, which would turn me toward Metallica's version, but in this instance I prefer Mechanix ('cos I can't make out the lyrics anyway )

EDIT: And not wanting to be pedantic or anything, but the Four Horsemen are actually heaven-sent, not hell's messengers
Speaking of these, has anyone seen the video on Evil Ducky entitled 'My Little Apocalypse Pony'? It is so funny, you will literally laugh yourself off your chair.
----
24.06.2006 - 09:37
DIE_by_my_HAND
No worries - as long as it's constructive...

p.s. I love your avatar -> one of my favorite all time movies!!!...
-You've got no arms left!!
-yes I have!!

-it's only a flesh wound.. I've had worse..

-Runnin away, eh? You pansy!!
-You're a looney...

BEST SCENE EVER
----
-Devin Townsend
25.06.2006 - 10:04
nana.MD
Star-Queen
the 4 horsemen is one of metallica's greatest songs...maybe its a little repetitive but it goes along with the lyrics, their past albums were pretty good...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
07.07.2006 - 03:12
lordz
IzZo
You said it man ... in the begining... Four Horsemen was so cleaner.. you can hear the song.. it was produced profissonaly... but that megadeth song sounded like they were recording at there garage where that song was propibly recorded anyway

SaLUt
10.07.2006 - 06:13
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by marinBG on 17.06.2006 at 14:08

My vote goes for Metallica... they have more songs I like than Megadeath + dave is a real asshole in real life

that's why Dave is Awsome is Because he's a asshole...hmm Metallica arent assholes for sueing their fans for donwloading songs off of Napster?...those greedy bitches should be happy that people are actually listening to their music....which btw i dont see Dave Sueing People for d/ling songs off of "Peace Sells....".....as for my opinion about this Post, I actually dont like either of those songs...you should've made it "Motorbreath" v.s "Holy Wars"...but i guess i'll go with Four Horsemen
10.07.2006 - 06:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 10.07.2006 at 06:13

that's why Dave is Awsome is Because he's a asshole...hmm Metallica arent assholes for sueing their fans for donwloading songs off of Napster?...those greedy bitches should be happy that people are actually listening to their music....which btw i dont see Dave Sueing People for d/ling songs off of "Peace Sells....".....as for my opinion about this Post, I actually dont like either of those songs...you should've made it "Motorbreath" v.s "Holy Wars"...but i guess i'll go with Four Horsemen

Woooord. Finally someone agrees with me about the Metallica dudes being assholes. I still haven't seen anything of Dave Mustaine being an asshole...
11.07.2006 - 07:00
DudeitsKevin
Account deleted
Hey, I was googling Mechainix and I seen this post.

Me myself, I am a fan of both Megadeth and Metallica.

Metallica is an awsome band but its true about what was said by an ealier post, metallica went gay they used to be all Metal until Cliff died they went pussy and turned to hard rock, yes they still manage put put a few metal songs in their now rock and roll albums but theyre different. Metallica died with Cliff I think, if Cliff never died then he wouldnt of allowed 'The Black Album' and 'Load/Reload' to happen. Metallicas best albums are their first albums, Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets. I dont care about what anyone else says but they went gay compared to what they used to be. I hear people say that Metallica should of never kicked out Dave Mustaine but think of it this way, if they didnt kick him out Kirk Hammet and all those albums and songs they made above Kill em All wouldnt exsit. Cliff Burton wouldnt of joined Metallica and Megadeth wouldnt of exsited. I think it was a good move, theyre are 2 great bands now instead of having 1 mix between megadeth and Metallica.

Now that Ive said all that back to the discussion about Four Horsemen and Mechanix

Theyre both great songs but my vote is for The Four Horsemen because I think it sounds alot better at its speed and it suits Metallicas old music by its crudity. Mechanix is really fast, hard to hear and you cant understand his lyrics if you dont read them somewhere. The Four Horsemen is a much funner song to play and the solo sound alot better In the Four Horsemen.
13.07.2006 - 20:14
DIE_by_my_HAND

Well, firstly, the reason I didn't pick those two songs is because they are very different, and Holy Wars is a shoe-in... Holy Wars is my favorite song and Motorbreath is simply a thrash song,, nothin too special..
But , yes, the reason i picked the songs I did was because of their unmistakable similarities...
----
-Devin Townsend
13.07.2006 - 20:23
DIE_by_my_HAND
Written by Dangerboner on 10.07.2006 at 06:20

Woooord. Finally someone agrees with me about the Metallica dudes being assholes. I still haven't seen anything of Dave Mustaine being an asshole...

Oh, I agree as well that Lars and James are huge assholes for what they've done to the fans, , and one thing I'd like to add about that is - WHY havn't they re-released any of their first four albums? They wouldn't have anything to bitch about because people would actually go out and buy them... (Most) People nowadays need incentive to buy albums, and other bands like Maiden and MEgadeth have clued in and rereleased all their albums with demos, videos and what not... I think about 80-90% of the albums I've bought in the past year have had some type of extra thing to help with sales... (SYL - Alien, Heavy as a really heavy thing; Maiden - ALL!!! - they even put little snipits of pitures on the side so when you buy all of them there is a piture of Eddy; Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake, Burn the Priest; they all have pics, and videos and extra shit ect...) WHY CAN"T METALLICA DO THAT?
Whatever, that is kind of off topic .. sorry..
----
-Devin Townsend
13.07.2006 - 20:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

I think he went for Mechanix vs. The Four Horsmen, because they are actually the same song. Mechanix being the original version of The Four Horsemen, therefore they can eb compared. Whereas, if you take any random other song by Megadeth and compare it to any other random song by Metallica it is nigh impossible to compare the two.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.07.2006 - 20:29
DIE_by_my_HAND
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.07.2006 at 20:24

I think he went for Mechanix vs. The Four Horsmen, because they are actually the same song. Mechanix being the original version of The Four Horsemen, therefore they can eb compared. Whereas, if you take any random other song by Megadeth and compare it to any other random song by Metallica it is nigh impossible to compare the two.

Like I just said a couple posts up, but I know why you missed it, because you were reading the posts, while I posted... it's all good
----
-Devin Townsend
14.07.2006 - 02:19
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by DIE_by_my_HAND on 13.07.2006 at 20:23

Written by Dangerboner on 10.07.2006 at 06:20

Oh, I agree as well that Lars and James are huge assholes for what they've done to the fans, , and one thing I'd like to add about that is - WHY havn't they re-released any of their first four albums? They wouldn't have anything to bitch about because people would actually go out and buy them... (Most) People nowadays need incentive to buy albums, and other bands like Maiden and MEgadeth have clued in and rereleased all their albums with demos, videos and what not... I think about 80-90% of the albums I've bought in the past year have had some type of extra thing to help with sales... (SYL - Alien, Heavy as a really heavy thing; Maiden - ALL!!! - they even put little snipits of pitures on the side so when you buy all of them there is a piture of Eddy; Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake, Burn the Priest; they all have pics, and videos and extra shit ect...) WHY CAN"T METALLICA DO THAT?
Whatever, that is kind of off topic .. sorry..

haha dont be sorry...this is more interesting than the typical "band vs Band" or "Song vs Song" yargin...those topics are boring and the thread usually dies quickly...anyways..people shouldnt buy their albums even if they did do that or .or support those greedy pigs in general..i say DOWNLOAD AWAY..hopefully they'll go bankrupt.. but if you did that,Then Hetfield's life would crumble if he couldnt get a gold plated Television and would have to settle with a regular one like all them common folk ,but it happens.You See,I never really liked metallica to begin with,so it never bothered me when they released "black album","load" "cut their Hair"and so forth...i just thought of it as "another overrated band going commercial"...what made me dispise them is their greedy actions towards music downloaders,i dont care if you shit picasso on demand...you're stripped from the artistic world if you choose money and fame as well as turning on the people that made you who you are, over artistic merit and integrity..ironic how the smallest starving DIY bands that it actually hurts when you d/l their albums, are all for napster/soulseek/kazaa ext ext,yet bands like metallica who have more money than they'll ever need getting huffy and puffy over it...mp3 sharing has actually helped give alot of bands you hear about nowadays exposure....
14.07.2006 - 22:02
Gothya
definitely, the four horsemen, 100% for all the time, a great song, it could have same riffs and almost same lyrics(that is not the case) but in tha case of, hetfield's voice make the difference, the intro that is so great, even the sound, the music!, the song is pretty good, and i agree, mechanix is not the best song from megadeath's music so that's why my vote went for metallica
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
14.07.2006 - 22:18
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Guest on 16.06.2006 at 12:42

one is Metallica,the other one is Megadeth...why comparing?!!.. isnt it so clear?!

But i think megadeth is better, metallica has sold out. They even aren't playing metal at these days, but megadeth piece is so much better, don't you think? or you don't like megadeth?
15.07.2006 - 03:25
DIE_by_my_HAND
Written by Vinnie R. on 14.07.2006 at 22:18

Written by Guest on 16.06.2006 at 12:42

But i think megadeth is better, metallica has sold out. They even aren't playing metal at these days, but megadeth piece is so much better, don't you think? or you don't like megadeth?

It's not a question of liking one band over the other. I like Megadeth more than Metallica as bands, but I like The Four Horsemen more as a song... simply put.
----
-Devin Townsend
15.07.2006 - 03:36
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
well, you're right my brother, megadeth is better than metallica, and i like more mechanix
15.07.2006 - 20:46
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
on No Life 'Til Leather, there's a song called Mechanix, written by Metallica. Did Megadeth steal this or did they write a different song?
16.07.2006 - 04:27
DIE_by_my_HAND
Written by Guest on 15.07.2006 at 20:46

on No Life 'Til Leather, there's a song called Mechanix, written by Metallica. Did Megadeth steal this or did they write a different song?

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Dave Mustaine either had a part in, or wrote all of Metallica's Mechanix, which gives him the rights to publish the same song under Megadeth...
----
-Devin Townsend
16.07.2006 - 04:43
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
oh i just thought it was a metallica song, because i don't listen to megadeth
16.07.2006 - 07:09
DIE_by_my_HAND
Written by Guest on 16.07.2006 at 04:43

oh i just thought it was a metallica song, because i don't listen to megadeth

It was the opposite for me, I thought Mechanix was only a Megadeth song.. and why don't you listen to Megadeth?
----
-Devin Townsend
17.07.2006 - 01:48
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
I just never really got into them is all. I have nothing against them because I've never heard anything by them