Metal Storm logo
Pain - Members Beaten Up, Gig Cancelled

Pain touring guitarist Marcus Jidell (Royal Hunt, House Of Shakira) has issued the following update on his official MySpace:

"We had to cancel the gig tonight in Leipzig while some crazy assholes kicked Peter (Tägtgren), Johan (Husgafvel) and David (Wallin) down when they where on their way home from a local bar yesterday. They just came from behind so there was nothing they could do. I was in the bus watching a movie so I am totally ok, besides the fact that we had to cancel. I feel really shitty to cancel but there was no way we could play today [23 Febr.]. I hope we will be able to be on stage tomorrow [24 Febr.] but I am not sure. But the guys are in a good mood and are working on recovering. Today we will sleep in a hotel and I'll try to make our heroes feel a little bit better."

Pain are currently on the road in Europe supporting Nightwish.

Drummer David Wallin has posted the following UPDATE:

"We arrived here (Leipzig) and three of us spent the evening of our day off at some local bars. When we had enough we walked out on the street to find a taxi back to the bus and three assholes decided to kick us down and hit me in the head with a wine bottle. Some guy who recognized us helped us in his car to a nearby hospital. Peter's got a really black eye and was given 10 stitches on his cheek. I have a concussion, eight stitches on the side of my head and glass in my hands. Johan has a broken nose and bruises all over. We're really sorry for canceling tonight's (February 23) show but it just wasn't possible. We're gonna do our best to get back in the saddle again and continue the tour without further interruption. Everything tastes better with blood in your mouth."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Pain
Posted: 24.02.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   Visited by: 266 users
24.02.2008 - 03:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What kind of fag would beat up Peter?????? Was he in a lot of pain? hahaha
24.02.2008 - 03:17
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
The irony...
Local bars in Leipzig must be real dives.
24.02.2008 - 03:50
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
WHAT THE FUCK!? Beat up Peter? And I who just got back from The Abyss studio today. This feels wierd O_o
24.02.2008 - 06:30
kaos666
Even though that is horrible the photos do look totally metal!

...but surely Dani FIlth deserves this kind of a beating?
24.02.2008 - 09:43
ylside
Staff
"Feel the pain"

This is crazy lol
24.02.2008 - 12:34
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
"Today we will sleep in a hotel and I'll try to make our heroes feel a little bit better."

Heroes? They got their asses kicked! What's so heroic about that?!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
24.02.2008 - 12:45
dancingdecember
lol i never thought that tagtgren would get his ass kicked
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
24.02.2008 - 14:19
matos
Written by dancingdecember on 24.02.2008 at 12:45

lol i never thought that tagtgren would get his ass kicked

well i guess these things also happen to the best :/
----
24.02.2008 - 14:41
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I hate these things...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
24.02.2008 - 15:11
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The human bullshit in all its magnificence...
24.02.2008 - 15:45
Infidel
Child of Hell
WTF ? Peter has another band than Hypocrisy and I didn't know it !...I'm going to the kitchen and I'll stab some big knife exactly into my heart !...FAREWELL
24.02.2008 - 16:13
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Idiots are everywhere it seems
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.02.2008 - 17:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
omg...nice Peter looks like

http://www.mobilblogg.net/cache/ttf/00f69978d00f3b7ca3.jpg

i wish them all fast recovery...they were great at Prague's gig
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.02.2008 - 19:23
mara
o f**k... i want to kill that assholes
24.02.2008 - 19:26
Stigma
Account deleted
Shit happens indeed.. But there could be less this kind of shit.
24.02.2008 - 20:12
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Ibet some idiot was jealous cause girl he likes drools on Peter or some other guy vfrom the band. I hope "Pain" and "Hypocrisy" fans finf them and beat the shit out of them.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
25.02.2008 - 06:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
this is why you carry a gun.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.02.2008 - 06:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 24.02.2008 at 03:09

Was he in a lot of pain?

Lolz. But that sucks. Brutal picture of him though. Should make an album cover out of it.
----
The force will be with you, always.
25.02.2008 - 18:43
Dinko Metalac
Fucking brutal :-S
----
Thrash Til Death m/
25.02.2008 - 19:22
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
This is so sad. I just found out and you may call me pussy, but I cried. I mean, where is this mankind going? This is just so sad and I really hope the guys are going to be OK.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
25.02.2008 - 23:04
Dinko Metalac
Written by AnGina-- on 25.02.2008 at 19:22

This is so sad. I just found out and you may call me pussy, but I cried. I mean, where is this mankind going? This is just so sad and I really hope the guys are going to be OK.

Here in my town, a boy was killed for looking at one idiot... So, to you, this is just normal. Unless we open few Gulags :-)
----
Thrash Til Death m/
25.02.2008 - 23:11
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 25.02.2008 at 06:12

"Pain - Members Beaten Up, Member Shoots, Kills Two Attackers"

Well... if the attackers were carrying guns this news could have been a lot worse.
26.02.2008 - 07:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Introspekrieg on 25.02.2008 at 23:11

Written by LeChron James on 25.02.2008 at 06:12

"Pain - Members Beaten Up, Member Shoots, Kills Two Attackers"

Well... if the attackers were carrying guns this news could have been a lot worse.

ok i DEFINITELY read over the member shoots part. i dont know how but i did. WELL then another case of guns triumphing over evil.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.02.2008 - 17:02
matthioso
it's outrages...
Me and a friend of mine were beaten up once, by five other guys with a baseball bat. They ran me off my bike, as I was gettin' up one kicked me twice in my face with his knee. My friend - who stopped to help me - got a few puches too. Luckely we weren't beaten up as bad as the guys from Pain, but with us they took our money.

I think the guys who have beaten up Peter, Johan and David just couldn't stand metalheads and they saw their opportunity... and believe me, there are a lot of anti-metal idiots.
----
www.seedofrock.be
26.02.2008 - 22:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by matthioso on 26.02.2008 at 17:02

I think the guys who have beaten up Peter, Johan and David just couldn't stand metalheads and they saw their opportunity... and believe me, there are a lot of anti-metal idiots.

I agree.

And no, I don't think it's normal to beat up people without any reason or with a reason whatsoever. I have seen a couple of fights, I also had a family member beaten up and it was just so horrible. So no, no matter from which point you look at it, fighting is not normal by far.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
27.02.2008 - 13:48
Alex Smith
Written by White Winter Sun on 24.02.2008 at 15:11

The human bullshit in all its magnificence...

01.03.2008 - 16:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Those was skin-heads? thay like attacking to people
Hope band fans will catch assholes tecah em lessen you know mafia tecah lessens to and all understand em after
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.05.2008 - 18:32
Urizen367
buncha savages in this world. i hope those assholes who beat em up get what's coming to em.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
18.11.2008 - 11:39
seed.ov.hatredy
Account deleted
Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 24.02.2008 at 20:12

Ibet some idiot was jealous cause girl he likes drools on Peter or some other guy vfrom the band. I hope "Pain" and "Hypocrisy" fans finf them and beat the shit out of them.

I hate to say it, but this guy is probably right. Pain just doesn't get the credit they/he deserve(s). People are often envious of a band/person who can put such absolute brilliance into simple songwriting, although there is such complexity within their/his simplicity. These douchefags often can't get their mind around Pain's music and mistake their/his appeal to the ladies or an audience, for being arrogance or showboatery. These same people couldn't make anything of themselves and envy the hell out of a music act they may not personally like or understand, but happen to wander in or get dragged to the show. Just look at this ultra supreme douchefuck "jupitreas" whom this site actually posted as the main review of Pain's 'Psalms' album, the starting quote "Up to this point, I always thought Peter Tagtgren's clumsy attempt at making industrial rock had the most appropriate band name ever: it was indeed a pain to wade through this stuff. And yet, the masochist that he must be, Pete continued releasing albums under this moniker, to the horror of reviewers and fans of substantial industrial-tinged metal out there. His latest release, Psalms Of Extinction, most likely wont change your mind about this side of his creative output, whether you are embarrassed to even listen to Pain or if you're a misguided fan. With all this said, I have to report a marked improvement of Tagtgren's formula on this album.
The said improvement manifests itself mainly in the songwriting aspect of this release since the lyrics are still laughable (at best)." How proposterous! His reviews don't even make sense, he just contradicted himself right there by trashing Peter's songwriting and then saying some inane thing about the improvement being in the songwriting to fakely seem unbiased. Everyone listen to Pain and be the judge, this retard does not deserve to get a main review of a Pain album just because he uses big words somewhat correctly. Pain rules your pseudo-intelligent ass, jupitreas!
18.11.2008 - 15:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 18.11.2008 at 11:39

We do not tolerate these sort of statements. Jupitreas' review makes sense and hits the nail on the head. It's really a shame you do not seem to grasp the concept of 'different opinions'. At least jupitreas gave reasons for his opinion, haven't seen that from you.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama

Hits total: 7847 | This month: 18