Metal Storm logo
Folk Metal

Original post

Posted by VPeter, 23.03.2008 - 01:56
probally the youngest metal genre now, very underground in the early 90ties but starts to grow fast now mostly thanks to the finnish folk metal bands we all know:
Finntroll
Moonsorrow
Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Turisas

but I want to know how many people here actually know of folk metal and what they think of it.

list of various folk metal:

Celtic folk metal:
Cruachan
Waylander
Runecaster
Eluveitie
Skyclad
Mael Mórdha

German folk metal:
Equilibrium
Saltatio Mortis
Falkenbach(Icelandic?)
In Extremo
Odroerir
Cumulo Nimbus
Adorned Brood
haggard

Nordic folk metal:
Svartsot
old Vintersorg
Otyg
Asmegin
Lumsk
old Ulver
Glittertind
Myrkgrav
Folkearth
Yggdrasil
Wuthering Heights
Heorot
Kivimetsän Druidi
The Mist and the Morning Dew
Shaman(pre-Korpiklaani)

Eastern Europe Folk metal:
Arkona
Avven
Chur
Munruthel
Butterfly Temple
Metsatöll
Alkonost
Dalriada
Shambless
15.03.2014 - 13:03
NorthernDickhead

Written by Guest on 15.03.2014 at 05:36

Could anyone recommend me some folk/doom ?

Have you heard bands like Empyrium,Uaral and October Falls?
15.03.2014 - 18:44
JÄY
Metal slave
I finally just got into Elveitie.... That took way too long.
15.03.2014 - 21:33
no one
Account deleted
Written by NorthernDickhead on 15.03.2014 at 13:03

Written by Guest on 15.03.2014 at 05:36

Could anyone recommend me some folk/doom ?

Have you heard bands like Empyrium,Uaral and October Falls?

yes, that's actually what i'm looking for....something like Uaral with better growls would be great
24.06.2014 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.04.2020 - 18:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mag Mell
It is folk black metal band a bit Haive a bit something like that Moonsorrow, Suidakra, Vintersorg
Check it out , I liked few songs on YouTube what I found. Sad band is gone, could be promising.

link
----

apos;'
[image]
03.03.2022 - 08:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Russian slumbers Vo Skorbyah reunites after 10 years hiatus and announced new album where first songs from so far untitled album can be heard whit 2 live events whit Russian death doom band Halter as support.

May 13 Petersburg
May 14 Moscow

Band only album Во Скорбях was released ion 2007 and are mixture between avantgarde funeral doom and deep root folk metal.

https://vk.com/photo-207768204_457239048
----

apos;'
[image]
24.04.2022 - 18:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
24.04.2022 - 18:46
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by Bad English on 24.04.2022 at 18:13

In this january Forgotten North announced that Cahira is their new singer

^^ That's Aela from Skyrim
10.07.2022 - 00:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Frencg folk black metal warlords Adaryn in may the 17th posted, that drummer Milan Olivier aka Tàirneanach leaving band

Band posted statement (translated from french)

Cheers to all of you!
It was the last time we played with our dear Milan (a.k.a Tàirneanach) this Friday, May 13, 2022. Been behind the bars since November 2015, when the band was formed, now it's official that he's leaving.
Here is his statement:
"And here we are!"
Never thought I'd ever have to say this, but I'm leaving Adaryn!
I don't have any more time to dedicate to this project, I'm afraid to slow it down, see disappointing band members. Adaryn it's also some rhythmic requirements, drumming techniques that sometimes exceed mine and a common work function that no longer suits me... I actually prefer to continue making progress more "scholarly" and less ambitious.
I will never forget those moments spent in rehearsals and concerts with Damien, Camille, Matthieu, Ulysse, Clément and most recently Jordan and Ludovic who joined the band. Adaryn is for me: 23 concerts, from the very first on June 3, 2017 at the Bocal to the last on May 13, 2022 at Valhalla, a demo, an album and a music video, which for the amateur musician I am, is huge.
I still remember the first time Damien asked me at Motocultor camping in 2015: "I'm looking for a drummer for a folk metal project, you interested?" ". Me : ' GO ! "The project came together so quickly, that in a few rehearsals the band already had some synergy." I cannot describe our cohesion and our good communion. Sure. Nope. s didn't understand how we managed to manage so many rhythm and tempo changes. I think this is what makes Adaryn's strength, this, and this on stage energy we give off. In my opinion, Adaryn is a band made for the stage.
I greatly appreciate their investment and patience. And yes, not always obvious to support my tatapouf tatapoum at 100 dB! #breakingtheviolinistsears
Thank you again for all the wonderful and sometimes difficult times we spent together, never would I have imagined this amazing experience. I will miss you guys ❤
Special thanks for those people who helped us. and. s, supported.e.s and participated. and. s all this time during: Benoît, Hugo, Marc, Philippe, Jeremy, Pierre, Cathou, Stephanie, Childéric, Nicolas, Kevin, Joscelin, Alexis and my parents. (Sorry if I forget)
Thanks to all the organizers. trice. s concerts and festivals where we were able to perform as well as the bands we played with.
Thanks to our audience and friends who supported us and came to our concerts.
I wish Adaryn to continue ascending and persisting in time, there are many ideas, ambitions and creativity in this musical project!
P. S: I remain present in the Caenaese Metal music scene with my other project: Heirstale "
Thank you for these years of playing with us, your investment, your kindness, your humor and your charisma!
It's with emotions that we look back on the recording sessions, first for our demo (2016) then our album (2019), and the many concerts you had to shake the walls with every cymbal.
We'll miss you, and wish you all the best that life has to offer.
Nevertheless, you people who listen to us will be able to continue to follow the work of Milan Heirstale the training in , which has just been released a demo that you can find on YouTube. For fun, Benoit is also in this project and has been our sound engineer for a long time. We wish you all the best!
See you soon,
Take care of yourself!
Adaryn

https://www.facebook.com/AdarynOfficial/photos/a.1752568978094909/5577049938980108/
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2022 - 13:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
08.10.2022 - 15:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Folk doom team from Czech republik Silent Stream Of Godless Elegy is starting to record tjeir first acoustic album right now. More due in time

----

apos;'
[image]