Metal Storm logo
Best New Metal Vocalists of the last 10 years (new generation)

Original post

Posted by Hellish Star, 25.05.2008 - 22:15
Hello, what are, in your opinion the best NEW vocalists (maximum 10 years in the scène)? Don't mention Dickinson, Halford, King Diamond or whoever, they're too long in our scène and there are topics enough about them. I want you to mention the new generation!

My list

Chuck Williams (Six Minute Century)
Kelly Carpenter (ex Outworld, ex Beyond Twilight)
Rick Black (A TORTURED SOUL)
Matthew Bizilia (Icarus Witch)
Freddy Ferrell (Brutal Hand)
Michael Grant (Onward, Crescent Shield, Cypher Seer)
George Call (Aska, Omen)
Bill Jannush (Ravensthorn)
Greg Wagner ( Shatter Messiah, Archetype)
Carlos Zema (Vougan)
Sean Peck (Cage)

I suppose I forget a few

Please, add name of the singer + his/her bands
28.10.2009 - 08:00
Kingslayer76
This is hard i guess i like too many older bands.
----
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."--Thomas Jefferson
17.11.2009 - 13:52
JD
Account deleted
Who!!?
17.11.2009 - 23:39
IronBlackZepp
I cant think of any since the 90's. This decade has not been so great with new metal singers. Really most of the good ones come from the past 3 decades.
18.11.2009 - 03:19
His Eminence
Account deleted
Carlos Zema has a fantastic voice. His work in Vougan and Outworld is phenomenal. Too bad Outworld never released an album with him.

Also Christian Alvestam is very good, even though I think he's overrated by many.
18.11.2009 - 04:02
Konrad
Mormon Storm
What the shit kind of list is this? How about Mike Akerfeldt...well if you're really going to limit it to 10 years...nobody? lol
----
Brujerizmo!
18.11.2009 - 15:30
Hellish Star
Written by Konrad on 18.11.2009 at 04:02

What the shit kind of list is this? How about Mike Akerfeldt...well if you're really going to limit it to 10 years...nobody? lol

Another mature and intelligent reply :

I suppose your knowledge about Metal is so immense big you're able to tell something me something intelligent about the list?
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
18.11.2009 - 15:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I forgot about this tread now I would edd Marta Gabriel from Crystal Viper
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.11.2009 - 16:23
Hellish Star
Written by Guest on 18.11.2009 at 03:19

Carlos Zema has a fantastic voice. His work in Vougan and Outworld is phenomenal. Too bad Outworld never released an album with him.

Also Christian Alvestam is very good, even though I think he's overrated by many.

Hey, great choice! Although Kellp Carpenter's work in Outworld was fantastic too...
----

18.11.2009 - 19:21
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Hellish Star on 18.11.2009 at 15:30

I suppose your knowledge about Metal is so immense big you're able to tell something me something intelligent about the list?

Oh, I didn't know you wanted to get personal. The reason why the list sucks is because it spans all of maybe 2 genres. There are many different styles of singing that fit different metal genres. You should have named the list "Which vocalist do you like best out of my favorite bands". The question is also too arbitrary, especially when people are to supposed to consider the list you gave them, plus "a few" that you may have forgotten. Additionally, everyone's voice is different, which would make it more of an opinion matter than a "best of" matter...so you should have just asked people their favorite vocalists. You've obviously done that here yourself, and just figured the ones you like the most are automatically the best.

As for my metal knowledge, I don't even listen to too very many bands who were formed after 2000. Even some on your list were formed before 2000. So, the question is too limiting even for someone with skills like me. You know, like nunchuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
----
Brujerizmo!
18.11.2009 - 19:34
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Konrad: you're not asked which of the mentioned you prefer, but who you think is the best. A perfectly valid question, so read the post before whining
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.11.2009 - 19:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Without doubt Whiplasher Bernadotte of Deathstars. His voice is perfect for the band. I just love and adore his whispers, shrieks and normal deep dark voice.
----
18.11.2009 - 20:05
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by GT on 18.11.2009 at 19:34

@Konrad: you're not asked which of the mentioned you prefer, but who you think is the best. A perfectly valid question, so read the post before whining

WAH
----
Brujerizmo!
18.11.2009 - 21:51
Hellish Star
Written by Konrad on 18.11.2009 at 19:21

Oh, I didn't know you wanted to get personal. The reason why the list sucks is because it spans all of maybe 2 genres. There are many different styles of singing that fit different metal genres. You should have named the list "Which vocalist do you like best out of my favorite bands". The question is also too arbitrary, especially when people are to supposed to consider the list you gave them, plus "a few" that you may have forgotten. Additionally, everyone's voice is different, which would make it more of an opinion matter than a "best of" matter...so you should have just asked people their favorite vocalists. You've obviously done that here yourself, and just figured the ones you like the most are automatically the best.

As for my metal knowledge, I don't even listen to too very many bands who were formed after 2000. Even some on your list were formed before 2000. So, the question is too limiting even for someone with skills like me. You know, like nunchuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

The question was who you like... I only gave my list. Difficult? I suppose not...

If you don't like anybody from my list that's ok for me... Why should I care....
----

18.11.2009 - 23:20
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Hellish Star on 18.11.2009 at 21:51

Written by Konrad on 18.11.2009 at 19:21

The question was who you like... I only gave my list. Difficult? I suppose not...

If you don't like anybody from my list that's ok for me... Why should I care....

Yeah...I realized I misunderstood the question. I still have kickass skills though.
----
Brujerizmo!
19.11.2009 - 03:26
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 18.11.2009 at 16:23

Written by Guest on 18.11.2009 at 03:19

Hey, great choice! Although Kellp Carpenter's work in Outworld was fantastic too...

Carpenter was really good too. If Jorn Lande can be considered "new generation" I'd say he's among some of the best as well. Pretty much everything he sings on turns out well in my opinion.
27.08.2011 - 20:05
Scorpyin
JENS KIDMAN (Meshuggah), RANDY BLYTHE (Lamb of God) AND DEZ FAFARA (Devildriver)!!! And no I'm not talking about coal chamber :, ovbiously...

...Clearly I hate clean singing, so don't bother trying to correct anything for me ...
28.08.2011 - 00:38
Metal_4Ever
Roy Khan (Ex Kamelot) FTW
28.08.2011 - 03:50
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
The guy from Tyr.
28.08.2011 - 10:43
Metal_4Ever
Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 03:50

The guy from Tyr.

You can say Heri Joensen
28.08.2011 - 20:09
arwestromen
Daniel Heiman
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
29.08.2011 - 02:30
V.I.T.R.I.O.L. from Anaal Nathrakh. He can do virtually every vocal style. He can let out blood-curdling shrieks, he can growl like a damn monster and he can sing like Dio (almost)
29.08.2011 - 17:30
Pazu
If you don't count his first 3-4 years with Persuader (first album was released in 2000 anyway), then I'd say Jens Carlsson definately takes the crown. This guy is incredible, especially on the two Dark Empire albums. He has range, great high-pitched vocals and this certain rough edge to his voice, that makes it really unique. It is kind of weird for me to say that though, because sometimes he really sounds like Hansi Kürsch, but that's only the first impression. After a while, you hardly even notice it anymore. Let me give you a few examples of this man's talent:

Dark Empire - Northern Sky
Dark Empire - No Sign Of Life
03.10.2011 - 14:23
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Charlotte Wessels from Delain and the guy from Darkest Era, can't remember his name. And Robert Lowe from Candlemass, unless he's been around too long.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"