Metal Storm logo
Old Metal Storm vs New Metal Storm and WHY?

Poll

Which was/is better?

New Metalstorm
Old Metalstorm
Old Metalstorm with "The Junkyard"

Total votes: 77
22.06.2006 - 17:07
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Greetings I guess this poll was gonna be posted anyway..........
I would normally choose the Old Metalstorm with the junkyard coz it was really fun and I got used to it........
not that I'm saying that the New Metalstorm isn't good NOOOOOOO I'm just saying that we used to have a lot of fun in the old Metalstorm + the junkyard..........
well I talked to Jeff a while ago and he said that MS is heading towards some really good development so I'm not going to vote yet but I would like to see what you guys think............

I LO VE MS however it is
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
22.06.2006 - 19:21
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i liked the junkyard, i liked it alot, but i probably liked it too much
i probably spent much too much time there, and this is a metal forum after all, not a nonsense forum

i voted for new metalstorm, alot better then the old one
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
22.06.2006 - 19:56
Baz Anderson
Staff
..i think maybe this is in the wrong forum, but ill answer anyway and leave it up to the people who can move it

obviously we are all used to the new metalstorm now, and i doubt a new version would have been made unless the old one needed some changes or updates, etc.
i like how we can edit stuff and help out on here unlike before. it gives me something to do

theres only one thing that i miss from the old version though, and that is the drop down box under this box you type in with a list of all the forums

the junkyard just wasted space really didnt it, even though a few things in there were amusing
22.06.2006 - 20:10
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.06.2006 at 19:56

theres only one thing that i miss from the old version though, and that is the drop down box under this box you type in with a list of all the forums

ah yes, i fully agree here, i miss that one aswell
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
22.06.2006 - 20:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
the new one still has some kinks to iron out, but i prefer it still.

my only lament was the adjustment to the old band list. I preferred that method to the current one - seemed easier to scroll and find something (or just to mull over and pick a band out at random)... not a knock against the excellent search mechanism.

i like the new notification system - makes it a lot easier to carry on a conversation or argument.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.06.2006 - 21:12
Dam3k
Well the new style is cooler and better but the activity and the participation in threads dunno why I think has decreased a bit...
----

22.06.2006 - 21:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Bas on 22.06.2006 at 20:10

Written by Baz Anderson on 22.06.2006 at 19:56

ah yes, i fully agree here, i miss that one aswell

Yes. We post that in 'Ideas And Suggestions'?

MSv3 has a lot of new functions which pwn!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.06.2006 - 21:42
danzig111
Account deleted
Old MetalStorm with the Junkyard lol.

guy this new one doesn't even have skins! i used to always do the pretty green one but now i have to conform to black! And i used to also rate topics (i did it mostly to show myself that i've already posted in that thread......like how dogs piss on things to mark their property lol).
23.06.2006 - 00:56
W-Lash
Metal Master
Both of them have got advantages and disadvantages.
For example old MS - i really liked that post % feature (x% posts for Extreme Metal Forum, y% for Recreation...), really it's useless but i haven't seen anything like that in other forums.
It's interesting that i receive notifications that i have been quoted - it helps me to remember that i should look at some topics.

I have spent lots of time in old MS so i voted for it.
23.06.2006 - 01:25
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
You all know the saying, "We can never hold onto the past forever". Because of this, I voted for the new Metal Storm. When the Junkyard was deleted back in the old Metal Storm, I knew that it would never come back, and nothing would change the moderator's mind on the decision. Even with the conversion to the new Metal Storm, I prefer the future over the past.
23.06.2006 - 02:19
Deus Ex Machina
I got used to the new forum.
The only thing that stinks is that the site can't be stored offline anymore.
23.06.2006 - 02:30
LethargyMan
I was here for the tail-end of MSv2. At first I didn't really like the changes, but now I'm glad everything got cleaned up. I also really appreciate how active the MS staff have been at streamlining the system and stamping out bugs. Kudos to MetalStorm and Version 3!
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
23.06.2006 - 05:19
Stigmatized
I prefer MSv3. Alot of nifty little features, that really make it a lot better. Plus, the site remained basically the same. It wasn't broke,so MS Staff didn't fix it. They just improved.....
25.06.2006 - 15:27
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I like the new version...I only experienced the old one for a couple of months so I didn't get used to it. Miss the funny stuff-section though...the '101 rules of (genre)'-treads were genius
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.06.2006 - 13:59
Damnated
Churchburner
I think I like both. I miss from the old some things(gallery, forum navigation scroll up window, band comments, your forum activity in %), but there are many good new things also (links open in same window, shortcuts, moving your own topics, notifications! etc.). I don't really miss the junkyard, I was a noob here when it was deleted, so I only experienced it for a few months.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
10.07.2006 - 01:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I really miss the old metalstorm when we had the junkyard...I think that MSers had a lot more freedom back in those days and the mods were a lot more easy going...

This version is great though I must admit...I was so pissed off when it changed though and almost quit MS for good but I just decided to wise up and ride it out...I don't really miss anything nowadays and am a neutral party...
10.07.2006 - 01:30
tulkas
el parcero
I really prefer the new one, specially beacuse now there are a lot more bands and it´s more complete overall.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.07.2006 - 08:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What was this "junkyard" that I've been hearing about and why was it taken away?
10.07.2006 - 10:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 10.07.2006 at 08:20

What was this "junkyard" that I've been hearing about and why was it taken away?

Well, you joined in October of 2005...the junkyard was taken away from us in August...the title for the junkyard was 'for threads that are too stupid to be placed in other forums' or something along that line...there were threads like 'the poster above me', 'what CD are you listening to now', 'song title game'...you know, stuff like that...there was an MS pub was it?...it was pretty much an excuse to post about 20-25 posts a day of spam...I personally used to beleive that a forum-based website could not operate without some sort of forum devoted to threads where the posters could just let loose in a way so that they don't fill up the serious forums with crap...the new MS prooves that you really don't need it I guess...
10.07.2006 - 12:33
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 10.07.2006 at 10:21

Well, you joined in October of 2005...the junkyard was taken away from us in August...the title for the junkyard was 'for threads that are too stupid to be placed in other forums' or something along that line...there were threads like 'the poster above me', 'what CD are you listening to now', 'song title game'...you know, stuff like that...there was an MS pub was it?...it was pretty much an excuse to post about 20-25 posts a day of spam...I personally used to beleive that a forum-based website could not operate without some sort of forum devoted to threads where the posters could just let loose in a way so that they don't fill up the serious forums with crap...the new MS prooves that you really don't need it I guess...

I really wish I had been here for that. It sounds like it would have been a hell of a lot of fun.
10.07.2006 - 18:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Dream_of_Hate: Dude, you joined the same month that I did! You were here for the junkyard man...when did you start posting and actually making yourself known in the forums?

I discovered Metalstorm in September 2003, joined in June 2004 but didn't start posting until August 2004...do you have that kinda story too?
10.07.2006 - 22:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 10.07.2006 at 10:21

yeah...didn't start seriously posting until like 4 months or so after I joined.
13.07.2006 - 04:39
DreamWeaver
Elite
Well, I like the new MS, but there is a thing I miss about the old MS, I liked when the Reviews were divided in two categories: More Reviews and Reviews. I also liked that the genre was written next to the album and band's name.
----
13.07.2006 - 19:01
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 22.06.2006 at 20:12

the new one still has some kinks to iron out, but i prefer it still.

my only lament was the adjustment to the old band list. I preferred that method to the current one - seemed easier to scroll and find something (or just to mull over and pick a band out at random)... not a knock against the excellent search mechanism.

i like the new notification system - makes it a lot easier to carry on a conversation or argument.

I think you can choose to have the bands listed like the old way.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
14.07.2006 - 00:59
Herzebeth
uuuh I couldn't resist..I loved the Junkyard so I had great time posting the undecipherable logos and guess the band and such things..damn those were good times
----
14.07.2006 - 14:15
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I prefer old MS... damn the funny stuff section was good, however the junkyard just wasn't my thing... posting random stuff like that seemed so useless... ahh well...
14.07.2006 - 22:30
ylside
Staff
Written by Guest on 14.07.2006 at 14:15

I prefer old MS... damn the funny stuff section was good, however the junkyard just wasn't my thing... posting random stuff like that seemed so useless... ahh well...

Your profile says you registered in 2006...
15.07.2006 - 04:27
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by ylside on 14.07.2006 at 22:30

Written by Guest on 14.07.2006 at 14:15

Your profile says you registered in 2006...

I only became a member then, however, I did visit metalstorm on several occasions from about 2004 onwards ylside...
15.07.2006 - 11:52
ylside
Staff
Oh yes how dumb I am I forgot about that. The forum was indeed open to non-members before. You're right.
18.07.2006 - 01:23
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I prefer the new version, because the searching method is much better, you can see the last posts, the last topic created, last topics replied, etc. The profile looking is better too. the only missing things are the members gallery and the participation in the forum (%)
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica