Metal Storm logo
Old Metal Storm vs New Metal Storm and WHY?

Original post

Posted by iMPERiAL_iCE, 22.06.2006 - 17:07
Greetings I guess this poll was gonna be posted anyway..........
I would normally choose the Old Metalstorm with the junkyard coz it was really fun and I got used to it........
not that I'm saying that the New Metalstorm isn't good NOOOOOOO I'm just saying that we used to have a lot of fun in the old Metalstorm + the junkyard..........
well I talked to Jeff a while ago and he said that MS is heading towards some really good development so I'm not going to vote yet but I would like to see what you guys think............

I LO VE MS however it is

Poll

Which was/is better?

New Metalstorm
Old Metalstorm
Old Metalstorm with "The Junkyard"

Total votes: 77
04.08.2006 - 17:41
Stoemp
I like the new version, and especially the shortcuts feature. Damn that's awesome! The only thing I miss from the old version is the list with changes to bands pages. This was a good thing for me to discover new bands. I clicked every single band that had some changes and sometimes I was lucky to discover a band I liked. Well, I'll get over it I guess ;-)
12.08.2006 - 02:17
Psycho-Filic
Account deleted
It some how seemed more 'Friendly' the old way. Now all I hear is You can't do this, you can't do that. I used to come on here every day, now it's once in a blue moon when I'm bored. I have more than a few friends that completely agree with me... but. oh, well... see you again when the boredom strikes.
12.09.2006 - 17:10
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well to me not big diference, stuff with photos is better
but what i miss in this new metal storm forum is members stats nomber of pots in thread by procents it was nice to see where ppl mostly post

but all in all metalstrom froum and site r awsome
MS is best metal site online
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
12.09.2006 - 23:47
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by EddieGunner on 12.09.2006 at 17:10

but what i miss in this new metal storm forum is members stats nomber of pots in thread by procents it was nice to see where ppl mostly post

agreed, aswell as the average number of chars pro post
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
16.09.2006 - 12:22
Deep Cry
Account deleted
Written by Stoemp on 04.08.2006 at 17:41

I like the new version, and especially the shortcuts feature. Damn that's awesome! The only thing I miss from the old version is the list with changes to bands pages. This was a good thing for me to discover new bands. I clicked every single band that had some changes and sometimes I was lucky to discover a band I liked. Well, I'll get over it I guess ;-)

iim so much with you
06.10.2006 - 01:21
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I can't rightfully vote, because technically I'm still a noob here, and therefore have no room to talk.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.10.2006 - 04:26
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 06.10.2006 at 01:21

I can't rightfully vote, because technically I'm still a noob here, and therefore have no room to talk.

No, by all means, talk. No one is about to lash out at you for saying something.
06.10.2006 - 04:44
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Well I wasn't even around for the old MS, so I still can't really say much. From what I hear it was a lot more laid back atmosphere, with friendlier people, But this place already seems nice enough to me.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
30.10.2006 - 00:18
Grey_Dandelion
the new metalstorm is disappointing....i got into metalstorm in 2003-i miss those days.........i feel really sorry...i really liked this site
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
30.10.2006 - 00:28
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Grey_Dandelion on 30.10.2006 at 00:18

the new metalstorm is disappointing....i got into metalstorm in 2003-i miss those days.........i feel really sorry...i really liked this site

That's ok, but really, it would help everyone (you included) if you could tell us more. What do you miss? What would you want? What don't you like?
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
30.10.2006 - 00:49
Grey_Dandelion
Written by wrathchild on 30.10.2006 at 00:28

Written by Grey_Dandelion on 30.10.2006 at 00:18

That's ok, but really, it would help everyone (you included) if you could tell us more. What do you miss? What would you want? What don't you like?

first of all i cant enter with my old profile due to e-mail problem,then i cant vote,i miss junkyard and the old atmosphere was like a second family because also there werent so many members!I Know this cant change but thats what i feel...maybe i m just getting old
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
30.10.2006 - 01:00
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Grey_Dandelion on 30.10.2006 at 00:49

first of all i cant enter with my old profile due to e-mail problem,then i cant vote,i miss junkyard and the old atmosphere was like a second family because also there werent so many members!I Know this cant change but thats what i feel...maybe i m just getting old

Yeah, most of those things can't change. However, for your old account, you could have contacted someone from the staff.

I'm not trying to prove that the new version is better - especially since your biggest problem seems to be a change in the community - but I would just like to know your opinion on some other aspects, like the site navigation, the design, the new forum and messages features, or anything else?
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
30.10.2006 - 08:47
FOOCK Nam
Im a member of Metalstorm for 3 years ago, exaclty 2003, my ID is Jet, I think the old version is cool as we can show our photo to other member. This is very funny that I intend to put my photo but requirement is 100 posting and at that time, Im not enthusiast of post,and when I got enough 100 posting, haha the site changed different and no longer upload photo. The currently version is good of design and messages, etc. But I just wonder that why during recent few weeks, I load the page of forum very long time, sometimes the page loaded failed or I cant see whole posting of others or the page loaded only half.
30.10.2006 - 09:13
Eight
Shapeshifter
I like new MS design, it's more friendly, tho i miss skins (whitch were useless to the site like this) and somehow, the gallery - that was fun.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040203165951/www.metalstorm.ee/?newskin=1
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
30.10.2006 - 11:11
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I really like the smilies addition to the quick reply thing down at the page its a good addition to MS
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
30.10.2006 - 23:57
Grey_Dandelion
Written by wrathchild on 30.10.2006 at 01:00

Written by Grey_Dandelion on 30.10.2006 at 00:49

Yeah, most of those things can't change. However, for your old account, you could have contacted someone from the staff.

I'm not trying to prove that the new version is better - especially since your biggest problem seems to be a change in the community - but I would just like to know your opinion on some other aspects, like the site navigation, the design, the new forum and messages features, or anything else?

well nevermind i ll give it a chance...hopefully one day i can vote again like a free man...all you refer to seem ok as i see...
----
31.10.2006 - 10:51
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Grey_Dandelion on 30.10.2006 at 23:57

well nevermind i ll give it a chance...hopefully one day i can vote again like a free man...

You will - in 179 days...
31.10.2006 - 11:19
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Ivan on 31.10.2006 at 10:51

well nevermind i ll give it a chance...hopefully one day i can vote again like a free man...

And why in 179 days
Are still a chance to da so

My opinion is that although MS3 has a good style, design and the function of the notification is great , i have vote for MS2 . It will be great if all things in MS2 like those skulls( yeah i know that where useless ) , voting of a pic where included in MS3. It would be great version and nothing will be consider to chance again. But this is mine opinion. Ivan and the stuff are doing great job and i'm sure that Ivan is thinking of a new ver. and a new style
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
31.10.2006 - 23:30
Grey_Dandelion
Written by Ivan on 31.10.2006 at 10:51

i hope i m still alive then...
----
28.11.2006 - 04:00
Eternal Flames
To be honest, I preferred the old metalstorm. It seems that many people have left following the launch of MSv3. I'll admit I thought that the changes from MSv2 were going to be good. I felt that the removal of the junkyard was a good idea and also the removal of the gallery was also a good idea. Now, I still do agree with those changes, but I still do think that it would be nice to have a kind of junkyard type forum again. It seems that it was the general discussion forums such as the junkyard where the members really got to meet each other and it was really laid back. Now don't get me wrong, I do think MSv3 is good. The layout, the new features etc are excellent and a big thanks goes to the staff for the time and effort they put in this site. Although as already mentioned, I also miss the skins that were features on the older version. Any chance we might be able to get them back in the near future?

Anywho, I suppose with the departure of many members it affected my view towards the site too. Some of the people that always had some very interesting stuff to say seemed to have left and I suppose just the community feels different now. It doesn't seem to be as close as it was back then. I still think that MSv3 is quite good, but I guess the older members that were around for the junkyard changes and MSv3 changes would agree that there had been a huge change in the community. Some like the changes, others don't.
28.11.2006 - 04:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
But...hasn't everyone gotten used to the new MS already? I mean...I can't even remember what the old one was like...shit like that happens though...you're doing something new for so long after any apparent fact and whatever was old and original simply becomes a faded memory...I personally don't remember why I was upset when we moved into MSv3...life is all about moving on and evolving into new thoughts, ideas and principals...the new MS is simply another example and test of this...
07.12.2006 - 05:21
Eternal Flames
I do agree with you Kap'N Korrupt. Life is about evolving and moving onto new and better things. I'm in no way disagreeing with what you are saying. I have somewhat forgot about the old metalstorm and I'm not saying that I don't like the new MSv3 because if didn't like it I'd have left long ago. Although when the idea of old vs new metalstorm was mentioned, it brought back some of the memories of the old metalstorm and all I am saying is that I do feel that the atmosphere in the forums has changed somewhat. I don't hate this new atmosphere, but I don't exactly love it either. I live with it though.
02.04.2007 - 14:52
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
well I like 'em both, but it would be really cool if you could change the skin like on the old version =)
----
25.05.2007 - 17:01
Lord TJ
I like this skin how it is now. I wasnt here back with the old skin, but Im happy with how it is now. When things arent working right Ivan does a great job fixing it. I wonder if it will change again in the future.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
30.06.2007 - 01:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
For me it's impossible to understand those who do not prefer the new MS... it's today the ultimate website!
----
14.08.2007 - 04:04
Harmonic
Account deleted
I'm fairly new to Metal Storm so I have no idea what things were like before version 3, but I thoroughly enjoy coming here. The site is a great resource for discovering new bands - I particularly like the stats that are available at the bottom of the Band Info pages. Since coming here I've gotten into progressive metal - particularly Ayreon, Symphony X, Porcupine Tree and Opeth.

I also wanted to mention that I am a longtime member of an online community that changed its website format about a year ago. I did notice that some of the old people left after that, but the people who really believed in the site and the community stuck around. Sure, there was a transition period where things got quieter but the community has come back better than before, and boasts some great new members as an added bonus. Change is never comfortable, but the true fans will always return.
14.08.2007 - 12:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
new metal storm because it looks nice and useful and i don't know the old, lol
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.08.2007 - 01:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha, this is why new MS is so much better than old... take a look at the first version of it!
http://web.archive.org/web/20010301203803/http://metalstorm.ee/

Featured bands: Limp Bizkit! Awesome!

Okay, I know... it's not "this version vs the first version"... but I still think it's funny to post it!
This is how it looked when I came to the site:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050102090851/http://www.metalstorm.ee/
Brings back old nice memories.
----
06.02.2008 - 21:41
nana.MD
Star-Queen
i think the shortcuts are cool, i like MS alot...at the beggining i was a bit disappointed with the new MS cuz i was already used to the old one but they both have good stuff...i miss the junkyard from the old MS and the photo gallery, u got to know a little bit more other metalstormers that was ok...i've meet good friends here so i have a special bond to this site...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
06.02.2008 - 23:06
Stalker
Lone wanderer
New MS, all the way!! It had so much improvements lately, that it would really be a shame not to support it, all the stuff Ivan and others have done to make it better.
But I liked MS before, as well, I liked it from the first day, and Im still here, I see mostly positive changes, and the only things I really miss, is the Headbanged Comics, and that little pool which once was on the Home page...

EDIT: LOL yeah, the Junkyard had hilarious moments too
----