Metal Storm logo
What I hate about my country

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 19.08.2008 - 14:32
new thread! something i don't like about Romania is the fact that compared to other countries there are some really expensive shit, at least relative to the normal salary(mostly the utility prices) and of course the EXPENSIVE stuff(musical instruments , PC software and IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc.), of course music albums goes without saying, they're ridiculously expensive, and then there's really cheap stuff(mostly food, which compensates with low quality).. you can't be sure of anything here!

haterz hate on!
16.02.2009 - 16:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 16.02.2009 at 15:42

Written by Valentin B on 14.02.2009 at 12:24

all of this is paid by our taxpayers money.
i don't think there is any country in the EU where there is such a huge wealth difference between the average citizen and the average deputy/senator/minister etc.

Most Eastern Europe is like that....including the Baltic region....
Latvians and Lithuanians made some major protest actions against their government...I don't know whether these made things better or not....

what about China? same thing over there?
16.02.2009 - 16:19
Ragana
Rawrcat

i don't think there is any country in the EU where there is such a huge wealth difference between the average citizen and the average deputy/senator/minister etc.

Latvians and Lithuanians made some major protest actions against their government...I don't know whether these made things better or not....

Those assholes shouldn't throw bricks at the parliament building. That made everything even worse. But it seems like we will have a new prime minister soon.

Despite this all, I can't say that the most part of our citizens are poor or something. Sure, they earn less money than president, some ministers and so on, but I don't consider the average Latvian being poor.
16.02.2009 - 16:47
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Valentin B on 16.02.2009 at 16:05

what about China? same thing over there?

That is entirely possible....if to think of all the millions who are not living in towns but are simple peasants living in small villages, growing everything for themselves on their fields and keeping animals. And if to compare to some business sector workers who earn more than well-to-do people in Eastern (and even western Europe)....and well...let's not mention the politicians...I bet they ain't poor....

I think the thing is that in a small country (most Eastern European countries are small) these contrasts between the rich and poor are much sharper and the society is more prone to problems....Europe is also amidst the crisis and it does painfully affect the small countries that are still developing from the crash of the previous system....
Economy crisis is also affecting China as you see....China has always had an outstanding growth in economy....whereas there is no economic growth any longer in some other countries such as the US, there still is in China....it is the slowest of all times...but it is still here.....
16.02.2009 - 17:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast

what i should also mention, is that at least 80% of the people who got rich here in the 10 years after the fall of the communist regime did so by shady, sometimes immoral and of course mostly illegal means.
16.02.2009 - 19:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

you talk about cool riots there? Mna it wa stypical greek footballd erby thets why I enjoy it, but we didnt exicuted or scared some ministres so .... nothing has changed here, or I shood say therwe

Damn I seriusly think about getting swedisg citizenship, after grow older army age
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2009 - 20:19
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Valentin B on 16.02.2009 at 17:57

what i should also mention, is that at least 80% of the people who got rich here in the 10 years after the fall of the communist regime did so by shady, sometimes immoral and of course mostly illegal means.

For sure....these were all people who were "in charge" or who were close to people "in charge" and who had access to it and could use the collapse of the system for their own benefit....this included the politicians....they all were in the right place at the right moment....

For the ordinary people who were not lucky to have these positions or did not have these connections and therefore did not know or who simply were HONEST and trusted the state and the government....they lost all and had to begin from the beginning.....
20.02.2009 - 20:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This mr

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.02.2009 - 20:02
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ellrohir on 20.02.2009 at 20:01

This mr

Hu is this and he does what?
20.02.2009 - 20:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Prof. PhDr. Tomá? Halík Th.D.

besides other things in the past, he today compared global warming negation to holocaust negation...at first it is disrespectful to WW2 victims plus i count myself more to be global warming refuser (lets call it doubter more likely), therefore am feeling offended when someone says this...
----

20.02.2009 - 20:35
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ellrohir on 20.02.2009 at 20:08

besides other things in the past, he today compared global warming negation to holocaust negation...at first it is disrespectful to WW2 victims plus i count myself more to be global warming refuser (lets call it doubter more likely), therefore am feeling offended when someone says this...

That is possible indeed....it is entirely plausible that the warming process is natural period for nature herself....the warming and cooling are periodical and men have no power over it....the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the volcanos is a lot larger than that of the cars....whether one buys a car or not does not affect the nature that much at all....the damage may be only to a person oneself who inhales the gas directly.....

China and Beijing are said to be covered in pollution so thick it smothers you within moments....

well...I think when the weather is clear, the air is also...and when the air is hot and humid (as in summer) it will also catch more pollution and make the environment less pleasant....it all is in the hands of nature in the end....and when on the great wall of Mutianyu near Beijing, the nature and air are beautiful....you'd never say it's all dirty.....
20.02.2009 - 22:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Ernis on 20.02.2009 at 20:35

it is entirely plausible that the warming process is natural period for nature herself

so you have just denied holocaust, according to mr. Halik's logic

and what is even worse? at least half of our nation is completely with him, because they are tricked with brainwashing mass media or because they just dont like our president mr. Vaclav Klaus who is well known for his disbelieve in this case
----

22.02.2009 - 18:00
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Ernis on 20.02.2009 at 20:35

That is possible indeed....it is entirely plausible that the warming process is natural period for nature herself....the warming and cooling are periodical and men have no power over it....the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the volcanos is a lot larger than that of the cars....whether one buys a car or not does not affect the nature that much at all....the damage may be only to a person oneself who inhales the gas directly.....

That's about it more or less. Global warming and cooling is a natural process which has happened (in both directions) thousands of times in the past. We can even infer some of these climate cycles. For example: around 405 AD there was such a terrible winter in Europe that the whole Rhine froze and Alans, Goths and Huns used this to invade the Roman Empire. Six centuries later, around the 10th-11th centuries, Vikings sailed to North America and found fertile places with mild climates such as Greenland ("green land") and Vinland (Newfoundland), which they named this way because they were able to plant vineyards there. Another 600 years later (17th century), global temperatures sank again, and Baroque pictures show that trade fairs were held on frozen rivers such as the Thames in London. Swedish soldiers crossed the frozen Belts to occupy Copenhagen. The Ebro in Northern Spain froze for seven consecutive years. Historians call this period the Little Ice Age, while astrophysicists are trying to find a connection between Earth's climate and number of sunspots due to the fact that the Little Ice Age overlaps with the Maunder Minimum (1645-1715) during which there were no sunspots and thus Galileo Galilei was unable to prove their existence, just because he was not born 100 years sooner or later. Nowadays, temperatures are rising again and we're likely to record another maximum around 2200 AD.

There are more direct threats to nature than global warming at the moment. Deforestation, pollution of air and freshwater sources, accelerated extinction of various animal and vegetal species, and so on. Of course we can argue that everything is part of the same problem, but we should stop pollution for many more and more important reasons than just temperature rising.
27.02.2009 - 00:51
PsychoNerd

u know, now their calling it climate change because the earth is goin to extremes at both ends of th scale, personally i thnk that its just a natural change in eaths cycle, nothing special.
----
The computer Nerd
01.03.2009 - 18:19
U47
Written by PsychoNerd on 27.02.2009 at 00:51

u know, now their calling it climate change because the earth is goin to extremes at both ends of th scale, personally i thnk that its just a natural change in eaths cycle, nothing special.

Agreed...
07.03.2009 - 19:03
Nardy7
The fact that the USA's economy is going down the drain.
07.03.2009 - 19:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nardy7 on 07.03.2009 at 19:03

Then you shood hate all world my friend
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2009 - 19:11
Nardy7
Written by Bad English on 07.03.2009 at 19:04

Written by Nardy7 on 07.03.2009 at 19:03

Then you shood hate all world my friend

Ahh, you do have a point. Tuché.
18.03.2009 - 02:13
ToMegaTherion
I love my country. The only thing I don't like is that the majority of people in Australia are far too conservative. Especially of the baby boomer generation and earlier.
25.03.2009 - 21:02
DayFly
Lack of patriotism
25.03.2009 - 22:35
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by DayFly on 25.03.2009 at 21:02

Lack of patriotism

This is a problem we face a lot as well. Apparently, it's not okay to be proud of being Swedish anymore. Supposedly it might be seen as offensive to immigrants or some other such bullshit...

I say fuck the neo-liberal government (and the socialdemocrats too), fuck the Swedish Church, fuck the general stupid populace of cowards, fuck the douchebag immigrants that whine their asses off because our culture is different from theirs, fuck the fact that we don't even have any sense of national honour, and most of all fuck the morons who go to schools and on the news constantly preaching about tolerance when we don't even tolerate ourselves. All of these are to blame to varying degrees. Fuckers....

More people seriously need to stand up and say "Fuck you. This is my country, I was born on this soil and the rest of you fuckers are here as guests, so if you get offended by our old customs you might as well just go and fuck yourself.".
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
25.03.2009 - 22:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DayFly on 25.03.2009 at 21:02

Lack of patriotism

patrisotism? does you mean possessed guilty fealing about WWII ?
Sorry this is so anoying when nowdays germans feel guilty about it, i shood feel guilty about my ancestors in stone age killed somebody and eat it?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.03.2009 - 03:03
DayFly
@Bad English Something like that, yeah. But there is more to patriotism than not being ashamed of your country.

@ForeverDarkWoods Well nothing that harsh. I suppose it would suffice if everyone living in a country would be proud of it.
26.03.2009 - 05:05
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Well, where shall I begin?
You guys complain about the freezing cold in Europe, well try to live here in Israel. It feels like you're in hell, seriously. When you go outside it feels like your main goal is to survive the road. It's scary.

People's behavior. Not all of them, but most of them are acting like fucking animals or something. People can't talk normally, they shout, scream and push you whenever they don't like something about you. Try the market. You'd want to kill yourself.

Umm, people die here too often. But that's another story. You know the deal.

NO METAL SCENE. They tell you there is, but NO! There isn't. Everything is crap here, and no bands comes from abroad. Of course sometimes they do, but most of the time they say they'll come, and a date is being given, people buy tickets for like 200NIS (Something like 40$), and two days before the concert they cancel. Imagine how fun it is. Not.

I can go on but I don't want to get upset.
27.03.2009 - 12:49
Silentium
Account deleted
Our goverment & police.
27.03.2009 - 15:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=31000] on 27.03.2009 at 12:49

Our goverment & police.

Gourement is extremly stupid, retired there but cops , if there is A.C.A.B. then in Russia its more hopw other countries
In all ex ussr cops are stupid, corupted bastards
its much fdiference between cops in Swe and Lv for example never had been problems whit those here in Swe, go beck in Lv better site home how go out in streets, if you dont wanna be rrsted for smile
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2009 - 16:06
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 27.03.2009 at 15:23

Our goverment & police.

Gourement is extremly stupid, retired there but cops , if there is A.C.A.B. then in Russia its more hopw other countries
its much fdiference between cops in Swe and Lv for example never had been problems whit those here in Swe, go beck in Lv better site home how go out in streets, if you dont wanna be rrsted for smile

Ah... I was caught by police when I was walking with a friend outside my school's territory during some break. Damn, I felt like I haven't got any rights to be there. And hell, I'm not smoking there either, plus, I'm not ten years old... They usually try to catch those little smokers here.
27.03.2009 - 16:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 27.03.2009 at 16:06

Written by Bad English on 27.03.2009 at 15:23

Our goverment & police.

Ah... I was caught by police when I was walking with a friend outside my school's territory during some break. Damn, I felt like I haven't got any rights to be there. And hell, I'm not smoking there either, plus, I'm not ten years old... They usually try to catch those little smokers here.

Same hepens in old EU and western countries onbly cops wont say girl wanna go free sick my duck
If you do crime you be busted how law says not how here if you drug additch who know cop you go free,
Normal people do you know how they tourtuye prisoners her ein Lv and we're NATO damn a.c.a.b.
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2009 - 18:51
Ernis
狼獾

They usually try to catch those little smokers here.

In China you can be underage and smoke and drink as much as you wish and should the cops see you, they'd just tell you "You know that ain't good to yer health..."...heavier cases would bring the occasion when the cops inform the parents and/or teachers....but at least they won't take you to the jailhouse nor fine you as they do in Baltics....

Opening a beer bottle in a public place is also safe in China....police officers won't harass you....
29.03.2009 - 16:21
DayFly
Written by Ernis on 27.03.2009 at 18:51

They usually try to catch those little smokers here.

In China you can be underage and smoke and drink as much as you wish and should the cops see you, they'd just tell you "You know that ain't good to yer health..."...heavier cases would bring the occasion when the cops inform the parents and/or teachers....but at least they won't take you to the jailhouse nor fine you as they do in Baltics....

Opening a beer bottle in a public place is also safe in China....police officers won't harass you....

Just as long as it ain't labeled Budweiser or some other imperialistic brand
29.03.2009 - 17:24
Ernis
狼獾
Written by DayFly on 29.03.2009 at 16:21

Just as long as it ain't labeled Budweiser or some other imperialistic brand

Define imperialistic