Metal Storm logo
What I hate about my country

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 19.08.2008 - 14:32
new thread! something i don't like about Romania is the fact that compared to other countries there are some really expensive shit, at least relative to the normal salary(mostly the utility prices) and of course the EXPENSIVE stuff(musical instruments , PC software and IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc.), of course music albums goes without saying, they're ridiculously expensive, and then there's really cheap stuff(mostly food, which compensates with low quality).. you can't be sure of anything here!

haterz hate on!
29.03.2009 - 18:12
DayFly
Written by Ernis on 29.03.2009 at 17:24

Written by DayFly on 29.03.2009 at 16:21

Just as long as it ain't labeled Budweiser or some other imperialistic brand

Define imperialistic

It was just a joke. Say an American brand or maybe something European.
29.03.2009 - 19:51
Ernis
狼獾
Written by DayFly on 29.03.2009 at 18:12

Written by Ernis on 29.03.2009 at 17:24

Written by DayFly on 29.03.2009 at 16:21

Just as long as it ain't labeled Budweiser or some other imperialistic brand

Define imperialistic

It was just a joke. Say an American brand or maybe something European.

All right then....

well you've got quite a large alco seIection at stores here....often at prices bit cheaper than in the EU for instance.....depending on the store, brand and yer own income....
29.03.2009 - 23:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Trafic system I totaly hate it each spring they change trains and it mean sthere is no way go home from 100:00 till 16:00
If I need be in Rīga for 2 hours lets say 9:00-11;00 I cant go home buy train till 16:00 fuck it Im so angry
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.03.2009 - 17:32
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 29.03.2009 at 23:39

Trafic system I totaly hate it each spring they change trains and it mean sthere is no way go home from 100:00 till 16:00
If I need be in Rīga for 2 hours lets say 9:00-11;00 I cant go home buy train till 16:00 fuck it Im so angry

Ah, I hate that I don't understand actually WHEN they are changing those train times. Sure, since I'm not living 100+ km afar from Riga, it's easier for me to go home, but yeah, I hate when they change those train times. I'm angry if there's only one train to Riga between 1PM and 2PM.

However, it's really bad when you have to wander around the city just because there's no transport that could take you to your hometown (unless you're allergic to buses).
30.03.2009 - 17:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 30.03.2009 at 17:32

Written by Bad English on 29.03.2009 at 23:39

Ah, I hate that I don't understand actually WHEN they are changing those train times. Sure, since I'm not living 100+ km afar from Riga, it's easier for me to go home, but yeah, I hate when they change those train times. I'm angry if there's only one train to Riga between 1PM and 2PM.

However, it's really bad when you have to wander around the city just because there's no transport that could take you to your hometown (unless you're allergic to buses).

Sorry there is ugly times from 10:00 13;00 and 19:00 and 21:00 when you cant get home, now Rīga - Daugaupils at 13:00 is canceled till dunno

Today I try bougt ticket and bitch in cass didnt understand time when i wanna bought, 10 times she explain me thet only times is 11:50 but I asket her same time at firts time , damn where theyt found such stupid people

In Swe I doubt anybody can work if dont know swe and english, here easely you can get job not knowing main langauge
----

apos;'
[image]
02.04.2009 - 02:51
Wyrd
Canada's Army Sucks except our Air Force the R,C,A,F
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
02.04.2009 - 14:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Wyrd on 02.04.2009 at 02:51

Canada's Army Sucks except our Air Force the R,C,A,F

Why? you shood go there in army? or only those who want
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2010 - 02:40
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
This is what i hate about my country --->

(i'll post the link and you click it to see the pic as it is very disturbing and definitely NSFW)

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d2/Egypt_victim.jpg

This is what happens to honest proud Egyptians who expose crooked cops dealing drugs and post their videos online, they're murdered by the police in an act of retaliation at noon in the middle of the street.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.06.2010 - 03:23
Kennoth
Turbofolk

Our spineless government that screws us on daily basis

The fact that we are the 'bitch' of the developed and influential countries which we apparently have to obey.

Some pretty stupid and weakminded people

Me
----
*insert something deep and profound*
18.06.2010 - 04:43
Zuzuz0r
Corruption, drug cartel wars(along with insecurity), our bad memory, our attitude when people make fun of and parody mexicans but we do love making racial jokes and making fun of(and also parodying) blacks, chinese, central and south americans, arabs, americans, etc..., lack of motivation, ignorance and inculture, bleh, it's a long list.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
19.06.2010 - 23:48
Quetzalcoatl
Written by Zuzuz0r on 18.06.2010 at 04:43

Corruption, drug cartel wars(along with insecurity), our bad memory, our attitude when people make fun of and parody mexicans but we do love making racial jokes and making fun of(and also parodying) blacks, chinese, central and south americans, arabs, americans, etc..., lack of motivation, ignorance and inculture, bleh, it's a long list.

That's right.
20.06.2010 - 05:31
Hār Wulfric
Gross lack of cultural Identity among Euro-Americans, rampant public stupidity and lazyness.
The government needs to step out of the way of progress and let the private sector control commerce.

0% government in business = prosperity
23.06.2010 - 11:50
vezzy
Stallmanite
Since we became a democracy in 1989, everything has been going progressively downhill.
Degeneration of the people, many of whom still live in villages milking the cows with little to no knowledge of the modern world.
Many people are ignorant blabbermouths who spread everything told to them to anyone they know, forming a cycle.
Annoying folk music with lyrics about sexual acts that EVERYONE listens to and has on their mobile phone, especially middle/high school kids.

Oh, and the intense blinding false patriotism in which you must act that our country is the greatest and has achieved many things (including the wide-spread lie that apparently originates from some sort of old, forgotten book that our country was once the most powerful in Europe), lest you be labeled an anti-Bulgarian.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
23.06.2010 - 12:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by vezzy on 23.06.2010 at 11:50

Since we became a democracy in 1989, everything has been going progressively downhill.
Degeneration of the people, many of whom still live in villages milking the cows with little to no knowledge of the modern world.
Many people are ignorant blabbermouths who spread everything told to them to anyone they know, forming a cycle.
Annoying folk music with lyrics about sexual acts that EVERYONE listens to and has on their mobile phone, especially middle/high school kids.

Oh, and the intense blinding false patriotism in which you must act that our country is the greatest and has achieved many things (including the wide-spread lie that apparently originates from some sort of old, forgotten book that our country was once the most powerful in Europe), lest you be labeled an anti-Bulgarian.

What you wanna say youw ant beck red deasise what was there before?
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2010 - 13:25
Ernis
狼獾

Welcome to the club... I know Estonia is the sixth poorest country in Europe and you are the first or second, we share so much I think...
The ruling party (of ex-communists) who are all so holy in their holy and patriotic democratic plans (and not electing them automatically makes you a traitor) promised to make progress and make Estonia reach the top five richest countries in Europe (Finland is tenth... going past Finland is a really bold plan...), promised to raise the income of people have actually done exactly the opposite...
If anything is being raised, it's their income and the prices of food and stuff... what is being reduced is the people's income...

Well, you say people in Bulgaria are still milking cows? Well, here people in the countryside are just sitting and dying because they don't have any cows any more... the agriculture has been annihilated and all the products are the leftovers bought from Spain and Holland...

But hey, we're a successful and leading IT-country... they bury enormous amounts of money into creating digital systems which mean that if you don't have an electronic card or a computer you might soon be fucked up because you can't even buy your medicine from the chemists' because... "Paper suck, let's do everything electronically!" Crashes and program failures leave everything into chaos...

And soon... they are going to have their EURO money... at the moment we're giving up our jobs and ready to starve in the name of this holy quest... get the EURO... fast!
23.06.2010 - 14:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Ernis on 23.06.2010 at 13:25

Welcome to the club... I know Estonia is the sixth poorest country in Europe and you are the first or second, we share so much I think...
The ruling party (of ex-communists) who are all so holy in their holy and patriotic democratic plans (and not electing them automatically makes you a traitor) promised to make progress and make Estonia reach the top five richest countries in Europe (Finland is tenth... going past Finland is a really bold plan...), promised to raise the income of people have actually done exactly the opposite...
If anything is being raised, it's their income and the prices of food and stuff... what is being reduced is the people's income...

Well, you say people in Bulgaria are still milking cows? Well, here people in the countryside are just sitting and dying because they don't have any cows any more... the agriculture has been annihilated and all the products are the leftovers bought from Spain and Holland...

But hey, we're a successful and leading IT-country... they bury enormous amounts of money into creating digital systems which mean that if you don't have an electronic card or a computer you might soon be fucked up because you can't even buy your medicine from the chemists' because... "Paper suck, let's do everything electronically!" Crashes and program failures leave everything into chaos...

And soon... they are going to have their EURO money... at the moment we're giving up our jobs and ready to starve in the name of this holy quest... get the EURO... fast!

We are already inducted in the European Union, but virtually no change has happened (except for the early preparations including raising prices on everything). I don't think we'll be using Euro anytime soon. But yeah, we're nowhere near as technologically advanced as Estonia sounds. Oh, and there are plenty of people here dying in poverty with their babies in the big cities, laying there begging in front of larger structures, even on the stairs to the hospital entrance. The only thing they do is try to put you in debt with all those antibiotics, morphine and stuff.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the typical Bulgarian racism. I don't know what they're called in English, but in Bulgarian they're derogatorily (sadly, that's pretty much their official name now) called "tsigani" due to their lifestyle of poverty and constant drifting/begging. Many of them have no shelter and dig in garbage cans to find food, whereas others which are lucky enough live in battered huts or tents. They originate from India. They're constantly discriminated and spat on by adults and children alike. It has been like this for quite a while now and unlike other black people like the Haitans which received a lot of help from humanitarian efforts, no one cares about these people.
----
23.06.2010 - 14:22
Kennoth
Written by vezzy on 23.06.2010 at 14:04

Oh, and I forgot to mention the typical Bulgarian racism. I don't know what they're called in English, but in Bulgarian they're derogatorily (sadly, that's pretty much their official name now) called "tsigani" due to their lifestyle of poverty and constant drifting/begging. Many of them have no shelter and dig in garbage cans to find food, whereas others which are lucky enough live in battered huts or tents. They originate from India. They're constantly discriminated and spat on by adults and children alike. It has been like this for quite a while now and unlike other black people like the Haitans which received a lot of help from humanitarian efforts, no one cares about these people.

Gypsies?
----
23.06.2010 - 14:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 23.06.2010 at 14:22

Gypsies?

tsigani-gypsies
remeber Divolje Jogade song Ciganka

Yes but same racism exist in Hungary, Slovakia, Czceh rep, probobly Romania
Thay are not welcome in Latvia to, same Lithuania....seems in whole world

In Lv since ther eis maybe 40 skin heads half latvain half russian thay fight in whit ecah other, I havent
heard anything like organised attack to gypsies, bnut wrong area at night you be beatnen
hun, Cz, Sbk neo nazies, skin s etc attack to gypsies, burn houses and kill tham
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2010 - 15:23
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Bad English on 23.06.2010 at 14:45

Written by Kennoth on 23.06.2010 at 14:22

Gypsies?

tsigani-gypsies

In Lv since ther eis maybe 40 skin heads half latvain half russian thay fight in whit ecah other, I havent
heard anything like organised attack to gypsies, bnut wrong area at night you be beatnen
hun, Cz, Sbk neo nazies, skin s etc attack to gypsies, burn houses and kill tham

Right... gypsies. At least here in Bulgaria, no one really cares. There haven't been any attacks though.
----
23.06.2010 - 15:41
Kennoth
Written by Bad English on 23.06.2010 at 14:45

tsigani-gypsies

I personally don't have any high opinion about them, to say the least. There is plenty of them in Croatia, but nothing compared to neighborhood Serbia, where is approx. half a million of them. They want to be respected, but at the same time don't follow the rules of the society they live in. Most of my experiences with them suggest that they deliberately keep they children out of school and any kind of decent education/work; instead relying on huge families and begging for money.

While our country isn't perfect, it has on many attempts tried to educate those children. I especially remember the time where they separated the gypsy kids in one work group, so that it would be easier for both them and the teachers, but the 'poor repressed gypsies' decided that it was racism, and decided to sue the school.

Average gypsy has children at about the age of 14, sometimes less, sometimes more, not to mention the quantity of them. Alright, so it's their tradition (as much as I don't agree on it), but at least keep those bloody children off the streets.

Take your average gypsy family. Father is 20 and mother 17. They have nine children by now. Mother, of course doesn't work, tends to the children (how passionately, I wouldn't know). Father does some side jobs, both legal and illegal to keep the money flowing. The children are usually instructed to go to the populated areas of the settlement to beg for money. They mostly refuse to send their children to educate, for god knows what reason.

While all this might seem like I'm generalizing a bit (and I am), there are always exceptions. There are those who are willing to live like a decent human beings, and to make the best from their selves and their offspring, instead of being burden to the state. There are also even rich ones, though it's mostly a rare sight.
----
23.06.2010 - 15:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Most problem whit latvain gypsies is steriotype thay steel, rob, trick you , pitch pocket, offer buy stollen goods
In country side there fiew, in my area I know one + one family its all, but in Rîga railway and bus station bette rput swastika or jewsiish star on you, swastika thay will be afraid, jewish star somehow thay are feared from jews since thay cant offer them buy 1kg gold by oen euro, but when thay surounds you and offer buy goods , its anoying, also tell fortune, but I never have been such problems so I dont care, I dont care about epople race, nationality skin color etc, because idiots are ewey where

Only problem thay libe like in 12 century sometimes and dont work
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2010 - 19:31
His Eminence
Account deleted
I hate the fact that almost everyone in this country (at least those I know), thinks that our country is the greatest country in the world, and that we are doing others a favor by forcing our ideals on them.
13.07.2010 - 20:47
Don Martin
le fu-
The constant fucking-around approach of our political system. A few examples

1.There's this area called Brussel-Halle-Vilvoorde here in Belgium. My country is divided into 2 fronts the Flanders and Wallonia. People in Wallonia speak French, people in the Flanders speak Dutch. This BHV thing is located in both of these fronts and in BHV there is a lot of bullshit going on about funerals, voting, town counceling, ... in French or Dutch. Politicians have failed to solve this problem for years and it's procrastinated all the time...

2. A couple of years ago the politicians have failed to form a governement for more than 300 days because the Walloons always opposed the Flemish politicians...
----
What a tackastrophe!
16.07.2010 - 17:42
Goricyde
Account deleted
The fact that all Americans are diluted when it comes to reality and actual transpired events.
17.07.2010 - 14:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Don Martin on 13.07.2010 at 20:47

1.There's this area called Brussel-Halle-Vilvoorde here in Belgium. My country is divided into 2 fronts the Flanders and Wallonia. People in Wallonia speak French, people in the Flanders speak Dutch. This BHV thing is located in both of these fronts and in BHV there is a lot of bullshit going on about funerals, voting, town counceling, ... in French or Dutch. Politicians have failed to solve this problem for years and it's procrastinated all the time...

2. A couple of years ago the politicians have failed to form a governement for more than 300 days because the Walloons always opposed the Flemish politicians...

You guys actually have a third official language as well, although not spoken by many. Namely: German
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.07.2010 - 14:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.07.2010 at 14:16

You guys actually have a third official language as well, although not spoken by many. Namely: German

In small part of country near border

I wish I was born in Swizzerland , learn 3 langauges ? english, its be cool know eng, it, fra and ger
----

apos;'
[image]
17.07.2010 - 20:13
Don Martin
le fu-
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.07.2010 at 14:16

Ah yeah, that's only in the outskirts of Belgium in de Hoge Venen, didn't mention it in here because it didn't have part in my previous post, but I'm aware of that
----
What a tackastrophe!
17.07.2010 - 21:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Don Martin on 17.07.2010 at 20:13

Ah yeah, that's only in the outskirts of Belgium in de Hoge Venen, didn't mention it in here because it didn't have part in my previous post, but I'm aware of that

Somehow many people aren't aware of it (even Belgians)
Imagine the Voerstreek being over there. A clash of three languages aarrrggghhh
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.07.2010 - 23:02
CRODv
Cool thread... i like it cause it shows how we have totally different concerns... for example we have a really cool wheater here ... temperature between 20 and 25 all year. But we have terrible transportation systems, bad roads, bad bus and train service and traffic sucks mainly un capital (where I live)... life here can be expensive considering bad salarys and inflation, there is still a clear division between low and high social classes.... but I really love this country..
----
---------
CRODv
18.07.2010 - 08:00
Zuzuz0r

Does people from Flanders are extreme religious and also speak in doodily language? [/badjoke]

Another thing I also hate from this country is how people react when it comes to Soccer, yes, I know this happens not only here, but still, I don't like it, they put it as a priority, even sometimes above important things, like if it was a truly national event, and not to talk about local teams, and worse of all, people call you a fag and a pussy for not liking it. I don't have a problem with people who like it, but hell, this doesn't happen with any other thing.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.