Metal Storm logo
Your Clothing Style(read first post)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 16.09.2008 - 18:52
really simple question, which out of these do you prefer?

1. metalhead:

you all know this: band shirts, denim, black leather, metal, spikes, chains and of course the gloves of metal.. mostly not crackerjack clothes lmao.

2. gothic:

morbid, somber, mostly black stuff, jewelery, really long coats, huge black boots, generally what a vampire would dress like.

3. regular- regular, crackerjack clothes, the stuff most people would wear.

out of the list i choose regular as i don't wear my band shirts that often, and other than those i have no other accessory that links to metal music

i would have included more options but i know only very few people around here dress other than this. if it's not in those 3 categories, i put an "other" option but remember to still answer the question.

Poll

which?

regular
typical metalhead
other(SPECIFY GODDAMIT)
gothic

Total votes: 180
10.03.2011 - 05:35
GraveRoot
Uh....super-casual-nerd-goth?
Jeans, bat man t-shirt (shuttup, it's amazing), ratty sneakers and a zip-up sweater with skulls going around it. That's my favourite outfit. I am the worst person to ask for fashion advice. I'm awful.
11.03.2011 - 00:43
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by GraveRoot on 10.03.2011 at 05:35

Uh....super-casual-nerd-goth?
Jeans, bat man t-shirt (shuttup, it's amazing), ratty sneakers and a zip-up sweater with skulls going around it. That's my favourite outfit. I am the worst person to ask for fashion advice. I'm awful.

+10 for the batman t-shirt.
14.03.2011 - 00:29
Elodie Artour
Slania
Batman T-shirts indeed own!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
14.03.2011 - 01:30
Mad Mike
Pants: either sweatpants or camo pants, I'll wear jeans once in a while
Shirts: Band shirts 97 percent of the time, the other 3 percent is usually something with skulls or anything that looks badass... for example: my Ray Nitschke jersey

so yeah, typical metalhead apparel for the most part.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
11.04.2011 - 22:12
XV535Virago
Pants: leather or blue jeans
Shirts : band t-shirts /longsleeves/leather bra
boots: moto-style boots/cowboy boots
jackets: moto leather/blue jeans
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
11.04.2011 - 22:38
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Regular. Used to wear metal shirts only, but I kind of grew out of it and don't like the style anymore. Imo normal shirts just look better
(I also don't really consider myself a metalhead since quite a while anymore anyway)
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
11.04.2011 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bas on 11.04.2011 at 22:38

Regular. Used to wear metal shirts only, but I kind of grew out of it and don't like the style anymore. Imo normal shirts just look better
(I also don't really consider myself a metalhead since quite a while anymore anyway)

what is normal shirts those suit ttpe shirts?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.04.2011 - 23:17
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.04.2011 at 23:15

Just normal T-shirts that have nothing to do with music or sport or anything like that
----
11.04.2011 - 23:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bas on 11.04.2011 at 23:17

Just normal T-shirts that have nothing to do with music or sport or anything like that

ah yes, the boring ones
11.04.2011 - 23:30
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Not necessarily, most of my normal shirts (colourful) have some writing on it, just not sport clubs or band names
----
11.04.2011 - 23:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bas on 11.04.2011 at 23:17

I see, same here but more whit metal , rock orianteded, but in winter simnplier under jumper or what it calls
----

apos;'
[image]
12.04.2011 - 06:55
Thrashette
I'm considered a combination of goth and metalhead, but have been dressing really casual with the occasional metal shirt lately since I've been really busy....

In my earlier teen years, I identified myself as being part of the goth community. I actually wore fishnets, all black, boots, and heavy dark makeup even in the middle of a heat wave. Now I just can't feel bothered to take that much time to get all dressed up just to go to class or hang around at home all day. As for work, I'm still looking for a job, but I had to dress in business attire at the previous place I worked and usually just changed into some casual clothes when I got home.
12.04.2011 - 06:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Thrashette on 12.04.2011 at 06:55

As for work, I'm still looking for a job, but I had to dress in business attire at the previous place I worked and usually just changed into some casual clothes when I got home.

i love the fact there's no formal dress code at my current place, long story short i'm never EVER gonna work as a waiter again
12.04.2011 - 07:09
Thrashette
Written by Valentin B on 12.04.2011 at 06:57

As for work, I'm still looking for a job, but I had to dress in business attire at the previous place I worked and usually just changed into some casual clothes when I got home.

i love the fact there's no formal dress code at my current place, long story short i'm never EVER gonna work as a waiter again

I don't think I've ever had a job with no dress code, though I've only had 2 jobs not including babysitting...
Even in school, I had to wear a uniform on most days. Probably one of my least favourite memories of high school lol
12.04.2011 - 09:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Thrashette on 12.04.2011 at 07:09

I don't think I've ever had a job with no dress code, though I've only had 2 jobs not including babysitting...
Even in school, I had to wear a uniform on most days. Probably one of my least favourite memories of high school lol

yeah same for me. we were the only class of my year who had to wear a uniform thanks to a teacher obsessed with this stuff.. we all ended up wearing the uniform just at her class, getting changed from our normal clothes.
12.04.2011 - 19:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

work in bar and weited ok maybe good resteranut, but bar, I simply would hate it , that case america, take a pump action shoot guna nd fire in a air, because bar is place where some of guys go to look for fight and I hate it
----

apos;'
[image]
14.04.2011 - 00:31
Yasmine
Semi-formal, yep I look super metal. Jeans are like once a week for me. dress pants or a skirt.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
14.04.2011 - 19:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Yasmine on 14.04.2011 at 00:31

Semi-formal, yep I look super metal. Jeans are like once a week for me. dress pants or a skirt.

most native americans looks more metal how they are , I mean many has long hair an also many wear jeans and cowboy related fassion
----

apos;'
[image]
14.04.2011 - 20:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 14.04.2011 at 19:42

most native americans looks more metal how they are , I mean many has long hair an also many wear jeans and cowboy related fassion

Despite your belief that dressing like a cowboy is "metal", it isn't.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.04.2011 - 20:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.04.2011 at 20:55

Denin m leather is jeans, and ejans jacket looks metal,
----

apos;'
[image]
14.04.2011 - 23:03
Yasmine

Thank you so much for pointing that out, traditional dress isn't "Cowboy" either. I don't know, the guys might with the long hair, but wear dress clothes most days people assume I'd listen to R&B or something like that. lol Or some terrible elevator music.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
18.04.2011 - 00:09
Golden Wing
Regular garb is my choice.. I feel more comfortable in a dress/skirt, than jeans/trousers, though it requires some courage to put on a dress.....
And the only tributes to metal are silver jewels and black colour of clothes..
18.04.2011 - 00:37
Candlemass
Defaeco
Regular...christ, never mind how idealistic some one can be, I still enjoy a social life and good breasted woman.
18.04.2011 - 01:24
Yasmine
Written by Golden Wing on 18.04.2011 at 00:09

Regular garb is my choice.. I feel more comfortable in a dress/skirt, than jeans/trousers, though it requires some courage to put on a dress.....

I'm the same way, I'd much rather wear a dress than jeans. Looking good in a dress > looking good in jeans.
----
18.04.2011 - 01:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast

is it dangerous to dress up as a metalhead in russia?
18.04.2011 - 21:12
Golden Wing
Written by Valentin B on 18.04.2011 at 01:27

Well, it depends.. for example in moscow or st-petersburg nobody cares how you look like, and metalheads are every here and there.. while in other cities the scum in streets will look queerly at your leather/silver/long hair or whatever and its better not to come across such rabble..

Written by Yasmine on 18.04.2011 at 01:24

I'm the same way, I'd much rather wear a dress than jeans. Looking good in a dress > looking good in jeans.

oh, yeah, that's sweet when you have a choice
18.04.2011 - 21:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Golden Wing on 18.04.2011 at 21:12

Well, it depends.. for example in moscow or st-petersburg nobody cares how you look like, and metalheads are every here and there.. while in other cities the scum in streets will look queerly at your leather/silver/long hair or whatever and its better not to come across such rabble..

same shit in Latvia to I would say even more dangerose to be metalhead how in Rus, ppl are clos emindet moorons , those low mindet degredated alcoholics and others ....
----

apos;'
[image]
18.04.2011 - 21:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I think for women whit long hait dressed in metal be safer anywhere how for men
----

apos;'
[image]
18.04.2011 - 22:02
theFIST
Written by Yasmine on 14.04.2011 at 23:03

Thank you so much for pointing that out, traditional dress isn't "Cowboy" either. I don't know, the guys might with the long hair, but wear dress clothes most days people assume I'd listen to R&B or something like that. lol Or some terrible elevator music.

Wtf is elevator music?????? something with melodies that continously ascend and descend?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
18.04.2011 - 22:14
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 18.04.2011 at 21:31

same shit in Latvia to I would say even more dangerose to be metalhead how in Rus, ppl are clos emindet moorons , those low mindet degredated alcoholics and others ....

Your opinion is based on what you've seen and experienced in one region - the one where there's the highest concentration of people who don't like anything (like job) or anyone (starting with metalheads and rappers, ending with different nationalities, including Latvians themselves), so that's quite understandable you didn't like it there (me neither), but don't you dare to say it's like that in the rest of Latvia as well. Of course, there are streets and regions in many cities and towns that I wouldn't like to cross at night (alone), but it's not because I think I look so weird that someone's going to do something to me; I'm generally just looking out for my safety.
People here mostly don't care who you are. If you look differently, they'll look at you, maybe say something behind your back or have a laugh, but they won't come up to you and start a fight... unless, of course, we're speaking of a particular subculture (I don't think there's any culture there, though) that really seems to enjoy beating up random people and eating sunflower seeds all day long.