Metal Storm logo
Metallica

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 24.09.2008 - 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.
02.01.2009 - 21:30
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Slayer666 on 20.12.2008 at 15:10

Wow, if you can't tell the difference between Metallica songs, then yeah, the world of Thrash is closed for you (actually just kidding). I think Metallica is one of those bands that write very good and distinct songs... Many thrash bands' song are very alike in structure; Metallica's are not.

P.S. You don't need to say something is crap and you actually shouldn't especially if you don't back it up.

I don't know.I don't think that there is an exact reason I hate them,I just do.Only Tharsh metal band I can partialy stand is Slayer (my nickname is not there because of them,it's because it sounds cool),others.....
P.S. Yes,I have to.Need to let that hate OUT.

I'm usually not rude or disrespectful for it's not proper, but..........
just shut the fuck up. You don't have to say anything if you have anything to back anything up. You're not obliged to make stupid comments.
We are, however, obliged to pull your ignorance out, but you did that well on your own.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
04.01.2009 - 18:06
Coté
Written by Slayer666 on 19.12.2008 at 22:53

OK,guys,not like i want to offend enyone or anything,but Metallica is a piece of shit....

I'd say that I like more the old-fashioned Metallica with songs as Nothing Else Matters, Unforgiven I and II, One and so on. It's true that I stopped to like them after their latest albums but I'd never write something like this guy above me did...

It's just unrespectful towards the true fans and also idiotic. You have to be able to express yourself and that isn't the way...is like talking to a ten year old FFS!!

Well fourteen, ten, not a big difference...???
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
04.01.2009 - 19:10
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Coté on 04.01.2009 at 18:06

I'd say that I like more the old-fashioned Metallica with songs as Nothing Else Matters, Unforgiven I and II, One and so on. It's true that I stopped to like them after their latest albums but I'd never write something like this guy above me did...

Well, I wouldn't consider Nothing Else Matters or any of The Unforgivens old-fashioned. One, yes. And by latest albums you mean what?
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
04.01.2009 - 19:15
Coté
I'll just say I lost my interest after St. Anger
----
04.01.2009 - 19:21
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I hated St. Anger when I heard for first time in 2003; I thought this is not the Metallica I know (I was actually comparing it to Reload and stuff). Now I do love St. Anger... seriously... it has great songs.

P.S. I think I have posted something like this before...
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

08.01.2009 - 18:34
Slayer666

OK,guys,not like i want to offend enyone or anything,but Metallica is a piece of shit....

It's just unrespectful towards the true fans and also idiotic. You have to be able to express yourself and that isn't the way...is like talking to a ten year old FFS!!

Meh, I wrote that when I was extremely bored. Needed to do something with my hands. Don't mean it. Well, actually I do, but forgot to say that's purely IMO. I could go on forever why I think so, but I just don't feel like it. Why? There are sooooo many people here that pretend to be "open-minded", "tolerant" and "non-ignorant" (when actually they are the worst) that are gonna jump right on me if I say anything, and quite frankly, I'm so sick and tired of arguing with those pretenders.
To those of you who find themselves in this description: I'll always say EXACTLY what I think, and if you don't like it, feel free to fuck off and die.
P.S. This doesn't directly apply to you, Anne.
08.01.2009 - 19:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Slayer666 on 08.01.2009 at 18:34

Meh, I wrote that when I was extremely bored. Needed to do something with my hands. Don't mean it. Well, actually I do, but forgot to say that's purely IMO. I could go on forever why I think so, but I just don't feel like it. Why? There are sooooo many people here that pretend to be "open-minded", "tolerant" and "non-ignorant" (when actually they are the worst) that are gonna jump right on me if I say anything, and quite frankly, I'm so sick and tired of arguing with those pretenders.
To those of you who find themselves in this description: I'll always say EXACTLY what I think, and if you don't like it, feel free to fuck off and die.

probably in some other forum, I don't think you will have long life here behaving this way.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.01.2009 - 20:00
Slayer666
Written by Elio on 08.01.2009 at 19:49

probably in some other forum, I don't think you will have long life here behaving this way.

So, I'm supposed to think what others want me to? Heh, maybe in some other life, not this one for sure....
08.01.2009 - 20:05
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Slayer666 on 08.01.2009 at 20:00

So, I'm supposed to think what others want me to? Heh, maybe in some other life, not this one for sure....

Defiitely not, but we are educated people who like to express why we love/like/don't like/hate a band or whatever and like to know why other people do the same.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.01.2009 - 20:08
Slayer666
Written by Elio on 08.01.2009 at 20:05

Written by Slayer666 on 08.01.2009 at 20:00

Defiitely not, but we are educated people who like to express why we love/like/don't like/hate a band or whatever and like to know why other people do the same.

Not sure how educated I am though....
The reason I didn't say why I think Metallica sucks is that, there are way too many things to say.
08.01.2009 - 21:17
Coté
You could've at least explained some of them so that we could've understood you better
----
09.01.2009 - 06:28
mankvill
I'm a relatively new fan to Metallica, and while I really like the first four albums, I think Death Magnetic is their best since AJFA.
10.01.2009 - 09:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Slayer666: That is why we have threads in Metalstorm...if there are too many things to say, then just say them...
14.01.2009 - 00:05
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601679
Grammy Nominations
12/3/2008
"Death Magnetic" Picks Up Four Noms

Tonight the good people at the Recording Academy announced their picks for the highlights of the year in music and we're honored to be included. "Death Magnetic" has been nominated in the Best Rock Album and Best Recording Package categories, while "Suicide and Redemption" gets the nod in the Best Rock Instrumental Performance area and "My Apocalypse" goes up for Best Metal Performance. And a big congrats to Rick Rubin, who was also nominated for Producer of the Year.

it seems that Rick Rubin wants to walk again but this time he wants to walk in grammy awards hall not dancing in the studio with metallica (cause I dont know if he was dancing or walking in the studio with metallica Marcel and Lucas r Masters for answering such things)
14.01.2009 - 00:16
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 14.01.2009 at 00:05

Rick Rubin, who was also nominated for Producer of the Year.

Now we have the joke of the year !!!!!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.01.2009 - 00:23
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Darkside Momo on 14.01.2009 at 00:16

lol and why? cause its not ur taste?
14.01.2009 - 00:28
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 14.01.2009 at 00:23

because I think this is one of the worst productions Rick Rubin has ever done.
----

I am awake"
14.01.2009 - 00:37
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Darkside Momo on 14.01.2009 at 00:28

but I think u didnt hear all of his productions! specially rap ones, the main reason is metallica and the walk problem lol
14.01.2009 - 00:42
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 14.01.2009 at 00:37

but I think u didnt hear all of his productions! specially rap ones, the main reason is metallica and the walk problem lol

Sure, I didn't hear all his productions... After all I didn't hear all Slayer albums he produced! And as far as rap is concerned, I can't judge, maybe they're alright?
My point is, anyway, that compared to what he did for Slayer, Slipknot, System Of A Down and others, the sound is bad. Not because it is Metallica, but because he's done MUCH better.

As a side note, I'm not a fan of Death Magnetic, but I don't hate it either, far from it. It's just an average album for me (but the best Metallica album since the black album).
----

I am awake"
14.01.2009 - 00:51
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Darkside Momo on 14.01.2009 at 00:42

Written by [user id=31891] on 14.01.2009 at 00:37

Sure, I didn't hear all his productions... After all I didn't hear all Slayer albums he produced! And as far as rap is concerned, I can't judge, maybe they're alright?
My point is, anyway, that compared to what he did for Slayer, Slipknot, System Of A Down and others, the sound is bad. Not because it is Metallica, but because he's done MUCH better.

As a side note, I'm not a fan of Death Magnetic, but I don't hate it either, far from it. It's just an average album for me (but the best Metallica album since the black album).

first of all, he is just nominated! he didnt win the award, secondly they dont give grammy for his best work, they look at big works of the big producers (or realeses of big companies) of the year and they nominate them. yes u r right maybe he has much more better works before. I myself dont care about awards such as Oscar, Grammy, MTV ...... but its shows that which famous band or company or individual worked better. (just famous shits)
14.01.2009 - 00:54
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 14.01.2009 at 00:51

first of all, he is just nominated! he didnt win the award, secondly they dont give grammy for his best work, they look at big works of the big producers (or realeses of big companies) of the year and they nominate them. yes u r right maybe he has much more better works before. I myself dont care about awards such as Oscar, Grammy, MTV ...... but its shows that which famous band or company or individual worked better. (just famous shits)

Sure...
But even the fact that he is nominated made me laugh. As always, these awards won't mean anything, we agree !
----

I am awake"
14.01.2009 - 13:37
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Actually the joke of the year is "Suicide and Redemption" being nominated for Best Instrumental Performance.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

14.01.2009 - 13:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by K✞ulu on 14.01.2009 at 13:37

Actually the joke of the year is "Suicide and Redemption" being nominated for Best Instrumental Performance.

But seriously though, I hope you are joking. But knowing this award thing, you're probably right.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2009 - 14:22
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2009 at 13:44

Written by K✞ulu on 14.01.2009 at 13:37

But seriously though, I hope you are joking. But knowing this award thing, you're probably right.

Actually now that I listen to it, it doesn't sound as bad as it used (just as the whole album actually) - it kinda grew on me.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

28.01.2009 - 16:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Man, i'm currently falling in love with all the songs they used to worship back in the day LMAO. Saxon - Princess of the Night(which was ripped off in the song The Four Horsemen), Diamond Head- Am I Evil?(which was clearly semi-ripped off in the beginning of "Whiplash"), Budgie- Breadfan, or the first Mercyful Fate albums.

these guys didn't have bad taste!
28.01.2009 - 17:36
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Valentin B on 28.01.2009 at 16:40

Man, i'm currently falling in love with all the songs they used to worship back in the day LMAO. Saxon - Princess of the Night(which was ripped off in the song The Four Horsemen), Diamond Head- Am I Evil?(which was clearly semi-ripped off in the beginning of "Whiplash"), Budgie- Breadfan, or the first Mercyful Fate albums.

these guys didn't have bad taste!

you could as well listen to the whole Melissa album by Mercyful Fate, most songs of which were used for the Mercyful Fate medley... and those songs are great.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

01.02.2009 - 07:22
Captain Renor
Account deleted
I think the new album is pretty stupid myself. i havent heard anything creative in it. Its like metallica for half-wits. Its got twice as much thought put into it as st. anger did. Which still makes it a pretty terrable album. Seriously sit back and listen to the album for a minute all the pieces are there, except 1... effort.
Part of the reason is ulrich will never play like he used to again. Ive heard buzz here and there from people inside the bizz that he is sick and has been sick for a while. Part of the reason metallica got mellower in the early 90's.
02.02.2009 - 09:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Damn i just listened to Seek and Destroy once again, and guess what i've noticed? THE RETURN OF THE SAXON RIPOFF(chorus and instrumental break). don't get me wrong i love some Metallica songs, but rehashing one riff is pretty unepic, but rehashing a RIPPED-OFF riff is REALLY uncool.

i checked the metal-archives reviews for both their No Life til Leather demo and K'eA and NO-ONE noticed this.

fuck you Metallica fanboys.
02.02.2009 - 09:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dane Train on 31.12.2008 at 20:58

Bargains
Imprisoning Me
All That I See
Absolute Savings
What A Great Deal
What A Great Find
Look At These Jeans
Damn I Look Sexy As
Heeeeelllllllllllll!

as a counterpoint to that:

Armani
has taken my cash
taken my card
taken my money
taken my greens
taken my wallet
taken my credit
fucking overpriced jeeeeaaaaaannnsss

02.02.2009 - 10:43
Captain Renor
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 02.02.2009 at 09:48

Damn i just listened to Seek and Destroy once again, and guess what i've noticed? THE RETURN OF THE SAXON RIPOFF(chorus and instrumental break). don't get me wrong i love some Metallica songs, but rehashing one riff is pretty unepic, but rehashing a RIPPED-OFF riff is REALLY uncool.

i checked the metal-archives reviews for both their No Life til Leather demo and K'eA and NO-ONE noticed this.

fuck you Metallica fanboys.

I have no idea what return of the savon is. plz go on. either way somtimes things like this happen mistakenly especially since that particular part of the song is pretty mellow and simple if you compare it to most songs. Also You can easilly cite one song that helps define Thrash Metal on Each of their first 4-5 albums.Maybe only one or two other bands can lay claim to somthing like that.