Metal Storm logo
A Terrible Metal Tragedy... what are some of yours?

14.11.2008 - 19:06
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Has anything happened to you involving metal that is just generally shameful, sad, or downright bad.

One of my examples is.... A few of my CD's were recently stolen from me.
At The Gates - Slaughter of The Soul
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times,
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Immortal - Damed in Black and Diabolical Full Moon Mysticism
Dark Tranquillity - Haven, Fiction, and The Minds Eye
Wintersun - Wintersun
and the worst one of all because its gonna be so hard for me to get a new one.... Windir - 1184

I am and was VERY pissed off...
----
Coldgrits
14.11.2008 - 19:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmm For me I had lost some 4-6 CD, some tapes and such thinks, I know for shore EoS ''The Spectral Sorrowes'' and Syphony X ''Oddisey'' also tapes are broken, like Tom Petty ''Gratest Hits''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.11.2008 - 19:54
TheBigRossowski
I would say this fits right in there as 'shameful', though to be honest, I'm not too ashamed. On myspace, for the people I would like to meet, I have 'Black Sabbath with the original line-up, not with Dio'. Well, I got a message from a certain band member and his God is Dio I guess, lol. I'm just not particularly into Dio, it seems more like a MUST if you're a 'trOO' metalhead, but I just don't dig it too much. The first time I listened to Dio, I was already listening to black metal and heavier shit, so it sounded so weak. Plus Ozzy has a more pessimistic voice.

Something that happened (which is the REAL reason I live in Germany and not in the US) with Hastings Music and Book store:

I gave my mom 4 CDs to trade because thats what they did back then, 4 CDs for 1 brand new CD. I was in school, had NO money, so I gathered a few albums to trade. Sadly, I wasn't into Behemoth back then, so I offered it up in the trade ..all to get Blackwater Park. The problem was, I let my mom take care of it since she was going into work, I even told her what to do AND wrote the instructions on a piece of paper.

When she came home... she had a receipt from Hastings stating that I have a balance of $4.50.

'Where's my Opeth CD mom... the one you traded 4 CDS FOR!!!'
'Umm... I sold them..I was supposed to sell them, right?'
'NO; GODDAMN YOU! NO! WTF?!?! Fuck this shit, I'm moving to Germany..'

True story...except thats not really the reason I'm here, lol, just thought that is more fun. I still think about that sometimes, I think she tried to sabotage my metalness....fuckin' moms...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
15.11.2008 - 00:11
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I lost fifty metal albums at a party! I downloaded them all back during the six years between me losing them and now, but still! Damn...
15.11.2008 - 00:54
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I traded Drudkh picLP and wooden Box (ltd to 150) for a Mutiilation-Remains LP. That's such a bad deal. Looking back I almost cry.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
15.11.2008 - 01:26
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
My friend's dad was a landlord/property owner and one of his tenants hadn't paid the rent in a couple of months so he was planning eviction, when the dude just fled town and left all his stuff behind. Included in this stuff was about 1000 metal/prog/electronic CDs in assorted leather cases that he just gave to his son. The son, my friend, didn't really listen to any of it and I offered him $50 for the whole lot. The discs were in pretty bad shape so it wasn't a big deal.
I feel that the owner of those CDs must have been so pissed off having to leave behind a collection like that, but his tragedy turned into my gain. I figured I would post this here to find out if anyone on this site was the owner of that collection, and to thank them for making mine a lot larger.
15.11.2008 - 08:58
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
When Dimebag was killed.
15.11.2008 - 09:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Introspekrieg on 15.11.2008 at 01:26

My friend's dad was a landlord/property owner and one of his tenants hadn't paid the rent in a couple of months so he was planning eviction, when the dude just fled town and left all his stuff behind. Included in this stuff was about 1000 metal/prog/electronic CDs in assorted leather cases that he just gave to his son. The son, my friend, didn't really listen to any of it and I offered him $50 for the whole lot. The discs were in pretty bad shape so it wasn't a big deal.
I feel that the owner of those CDs must have been so pissed off having to leave behind a collection like that, but his tragedy turned into my gain. I figured I would post this here to find out if anyone on this site was the owner of that collection, and to thank them for making mine a lot larger.

Uhh...yes, it was mine, I want it back, I'll send my adress and you can mail them to me.

Luckily you can get the scratches buffed out of the best ones for a small fee, a lot of video stores have that service. We have a resurfacing machine at my work, wonderful little thing, works very well.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.11.2008 - 22:13
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
One of my friends borrowed my laptop for some reason, and ripped 24GB of my music:mad:
16.11.2008 - 22:29
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by TheBigRossowski on 14.11.2008 at 19:54

'Where's my Opeth CD mom... the one you traded 4 CDS FOR!!!'
'Umm... I sold them..I was supposed to sell them, right?'
'NO; GODDAMN YOU! NO! WTF?!?! Fuck this shit, I'm moving to Germany..'

True story...except thats not really the reason I'm here, lol, just thought that is more fun. I still think about that sometimes, I think she tried to sabotage my metalness....fuckin' moms...

If that had been the true reason, you would have been my hero!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.11.2008 - 22:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Someone stole my Discman and with it my "Piece of Mind" Iron Maiden cd. It was a few months ago, I had to buy a new Discman (I like the old way, I don't like mp3s or Ipods or whatever it is).

Another thing I consider tragic is the fact that Dream Theater played here earlier this year and it was totally impossible for me to go. What's tragic about it is that I don't think they will be coming back here anytime soon (I hope I'm not right).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.11.2008 - 01:07
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Heres another thing that I think is bad. I don't know if anyone will relate to this but... My friends know that I am pro buying music and absolutely hate it when people download entire discography's of bands, Especially bands I like. So, I show him a new band I was getting into at the time (Primordial) and I had already boughten an album or two.
So the next thing I know he had downloaded ALL the bands albums. I was SO pissed. I felt like he had spit right in my face. I know its not really my business to get mad at someone for that but when its a good friend of mine and he know I hate it. It just rubs me the wrong way
----
Coldgrits
17.11.2008 - 03:09
Stuart
MiseryKing
Most of my bad metal experiences revolve around me getting horribly drunk at gigs and ending up in weird situations with strangers...
17.11.2008 - 03:20
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 17.11.2008 at 01:07

Heres another thing that I think is bad. I don't know if anyone will relate to this but... My friends know that I am pro buying music and absolutely hate it when people download entire discography's of bands, Especially bands I like. So, I show him a new band I was getting into at the time (Primordial) and I had already boughten an album or two.
So the next thing I know he had downloaded ALL the bands albums. I was SO pissed. I felt like he had spit right in my face. I know its not really my business to get mad at someone for that but when its a good friend of mine and he know I hate it. It just rubs me the wrong way

At least they are listening to it though... you should feel flattered that you have that kind of influence. Maybe you just helped Primordial sell another concert ticket or some band merch... and maybe eventually they will actually buy their albums for the higher quality sound and artwork?
17.11.2008 - 03:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
Probably times when you just can't attend a show... like The Unholy Alliance in a couple of days.
----
17.11.2008 - 12:38
Metalbound7
Metal Tragedy? only one name comes to my mind... Dimebag Darrel. R.I.P Brother
17.11.2008 - 12:42
Metalbound7
Written by Warman on 17.11.2008 at 03:22

Probably times when you just can't attend a show... like The Unholy Alliance in a couple of days.

Good point, a few weeks ago i wasn´t able to asist to a Testament/ Judas Priest Concert. and the Priest is my fav band ever. that was a true tragedy for me but anyway im going to Iron Maiden in Feb 2009 my 2nd fav band
17.11.2008 - 16:04
TheBigRossowski
Written by -DC-002- on 17.11.2008 at 01:07

I know what you mean man! Then they said have you heard 'Imrama' from Primordial? NO! Of course you haven't because you don't have the money to buy all the albums, but this douche has the whole discography. I can tolerate one or two, but the whole thing is kinda wrong unless they buy them. Its ridiculous sometimes...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
18.11.2008 - 00:23
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Metalbound7 on 17.11.2008 at 12:42

Written by Warman on 17.11.2008 at 03:22

Good point, a few weeks ago i wasn´t able to asist to a Testament/ Judas Priest Concert. and the Priest is my fav band ever. that was a true tragedy for me but anyway im going to Iron Maiden in Feb 2009 my 2nd fav band

I'm so hoping tickets still will be available at the end of the December for that show. I'd love to see Judas Priest, Testament and of course Megadeth for the second time.
----
17.06.2009 - 03:07
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite

I bought it.
----
(space for rent)
17.06.2009 - 06:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
@Dane Train
Lol
why did you buy it?
----
loves 小巫
17.06.2009 - 14:15
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I actually bought it too, the day it was released. Listened to it once or twice, never got into it. Watched the DVD and got pissed off at Trujillo's chimp like mimics. Devastating especially when all the mags were saying it sounds just like "...And Justice For All", and justice my ass, where's the justice in spending ?20 on that piece of crap.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
17.06.2009 - 14:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Dane Train on 17.06.2009 at 03:07

I bought it.

O man... that's bad.... Just bad.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.06.2009 - 16:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Yeah, shows you just can't go to no matter what you do are a real bummer.. like last year's Graspop and this year's Hellfest
17.06.2009 - 18:04
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Well, in my defense, I'm a completionist, and at the time I was a big Metallica fan. I bought it the day is came out without reading any reviews or listening to it. But then again, I do that with most albums. I prefer to listen to the albums without bias.
----
(space for rent)
18.06.2009 - 00:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dane Train on 17.06.2009 at 18:04

Well, in my defense, I'm a completionist, and at the time I was a big Metallica fan. I bought it the day is came out without reading any reviews or listening to it. But then again, I do that with most albums. I prefer to listen to the albums without bias.

and what is your unbiased opinion about it which shall not be named?
18.06.2009 - 00:34
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 18.06.2009 at 00:18

Written by Dane Train on 17.06.2009 at 18:04

and what is your unbiased opinion about it which shall not be named?

I did not like it. Now, as many of you know, I am not one of these "Metallica sucks after the 80's!" because Load is my favorite album from James Hetfield and the Metallicas. I thought the alt. country influences on some of their 90's material was gold! But it that shall not be named was an embarrassment. The problem wasn't that it was a Nu Metal album, the problem was it was a bad Nu Metal album. The songwriting was just weak and the musicianship was lame. Jame's vocals were bland, Lar's drumming was wrong and as always, Kirk was the bitch of the group.

So I cast my patronus charm and sent it flying away.
----
(space for rent)
20.06.2009 - 17:37
frontpage
Car crashed on the way to winterfest this year...
(deicide,vader,samael,order of ennead,devian and the amenta )
----
http://www.last.fm/user/frontpage2
20.06.2009 - 19:14
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

I bought it.

If you call that a tragedy, here's mine:
I LIKE IT!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.06.2009 - 02:22
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.06.2009 at 19:14

I bought it.

If you call that a tragedy, here's mine:
I LIKE IT!

Oh wow, I guess that wins the award for best tragedy