Metal Storm logo
What capacity MP3 player do you carry around?

Original post

Posted by Icarus, 03.12.2008 - 22:53
Please comment on the reason for your choice of MP3 Player.

Poll

With a variety of Mp3 players. What capacity has the one you hace?

2 to 4 Gb
Over 60Gb
8-16 Gb
32-60Gb
over 256Mb up to 1 Gb
under 256Mb

Total votes: 169
08.08.2009 - 09:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
3-4 albums pro day => about 2-3 years
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.08.2009 - 19:31
Hamird
Lieutenant
I've a new Sony Ericsson mobile phone, W902.. And it caused to get rid of my old 6gig Walkman and my cellphone, and now I have a 8gig cellphone/Walkman..
Fuck bless technology.
13.08.2009 - 06:19
BuzzPhil
A Sandisk 4gb... Or should I say 3.8gb...
14.08.2009 - 04:31
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Zune 4GB for the win.
20.05.2010 - 14:53
Candlemass
Defaeco
160 gb...I like my music
20.05.2010 - 15:50
Kennoth
4 GB. Don't really need more at the moment. Maybe I buy 8 GB one one day
----
*insert something deep and profound*
21.05.2010 - 00:34
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
120 GB Zune
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
21.05.2010 - 01:20
Got Mayhem?
A 160 GB iPod Classic, and it was free too. Basically, my computer will run out of space before my iPod does. Which is why I need to go out and buy some external memory soon...

I used to have a 4 gig iPod mini, but that was a hassle because I just had way too much music for it at once. However, I still believe that the Mini was the best iPod that Apple ever made. I think I've had it for 7 years now and it still works just fine. The battery isn't quite what it used to be but that is the only flaw. I've dropped it on concrete, ice, and brick (caseless) and no problems at all. I think that if I were to do the same to my Classic it would break in under a week. They really don't make them like they used to...
----
22.05.2010 - 06:11
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Got Mayhem? on 21.05.2010 at 01:20

A 160 GB iPod Classic, and it was free too. Basically, my computer will run out of space before my iPod does. Which is why I need to go out and buy some external memory soon...

I used to have a 4 gig iPod mini, but that was a hassle because I just had way too much music for it at once. However, I still believe that the Mini was the best iPod that Apple ever made. I think I've had it for 7 years now and it still works just fine. The battery isn't quite what it used to be but that is the only flaw. I've dropped it on concrete, ice, and brick (caseless) and no problems at all. I think that if I were to do the same to my Classic it would break in under a week. They really don't make them like they used to...

ipod.. meh
----

26.05.2010 - 00:09
Tunafish
Creative Nomad Jukebox 3, hell yeah My brother had six of them laying around when my Creative MuVo (4Gb) gave all his bits and bytes to the reaper, so I asked if I could have one. And heck, I should have gotten one waaaaay earlier. These things are truly indestructable (the one I have is over 8 years old), have great soundquality and holds harddrive's, so I never have to worry about diskspace. Currently I have one with 40Gb, but should I need more, I can easily put in a 1Tb disk in there and it would work like a charm.
Totally love it.:bow:
----
Good, better, best, me.
26.05.2010 - 02:04
Archetype
I used to carry around 60Gb but it became inconvenient to take it everywhere so I'm using my phone for music. The capacity isn't great (only few hundred Mb) but I keep changing the music on there so it's been good.
11.06.2010 - 08:58
I have a 30 gig iPod. Where is my category? What do I do? OH GOD!!! This is the hardest poll ever!
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
13.06.2010 - 03:19
raintracks
80GB iPod tho I've debated the 160-120 if it were cheaper. Yes, I need that amount of music/data with me during work/commute.
13.06.2010 - 19:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
80GB Ipod.

I only have 20GB left, so I may have to get a bigger one soon.
14.06.2010 - 10:41
InnerSelf
proofread free
A 2GB Creative Zen with 8GB of external memory and I still have to change the collection every week or so
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
24.08.2010 - 02:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
80gb Zune.

have possessed a 20gbCreative Labs... big as a brick, old, but nev er had issues.

have had two iPods - the first of which was a 120gb classic. it melted about 53 weeks after i bought it and one week after the warranty expired. useless sods at the apple store tried to run some cock and bull story about how it was corrupt files, but given my process of wiping/re-uploading tracks in waves... at times when it should have stalled (supposedly corrupt files), it would successfully load those files the second attempt.

also had one of those iPod randoms for my treadmill time or jogging... fucking thing died within a month.

even my wife's iPod nano is fucked now and won't work.

it's a shame they dominate the market, as given my experience with 3 of their products and two of their competitors, they are vastly inferior.

oh well, thanks to nice iMarketing, saps will line up around the block to hemorrhage cash for any device with an apple on it, relegating competitors to the sidelines.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.08.2010 - 03:40
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Wow, i FINALLY found a Zune user other than myself ! lol
in your face Apple, conformist BEYATCHES !!!
----

27.08.2010 - 06:04
?Bodomchild?
I use my Blacberry for music rite now 3.6gb , since my 30gb iPod got stole, soon im gonna buy a other 30gb iPod
----
asd
27.08.2010 - 06:15
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 24.08.2010 at 02:42

80gb Zune.

have possessed a 20gbCreative Labs... big as a brick, old, but nev er had issues.

have had two iPods - the first of which was a 120gb classic. it melted about 53 weeks after i bought it and one week after the warranty expired. useless sods at the apple store tried to run some cock and bull story about how it was corrupt files, but given my process of wiping/re-uploading tracks in waves... at times when it should have stalled (supposedly corrupt files), it would successfully load those files the second attempt.

also had one of those iPod randoms for my treadmill time or jogging... fucking thing died within a month.

even my wife's iPod nano is fucked now and won't work.

it's a shame they dominate the market, as given my experience with 3 of their products and two of their competitors, they are vastly inferior.

oh well, thanks to nice iMarketing, saps will line up around the block to hemorrhage cash for any device with an apple on it, relegating competitors to the sidelines.

lol I agree with the sentiment of iZombies, but I only bought the iPod because it was the largest capacity available. They discontinued the 160 gb model I have so I'm sure when this thing melts (had it for only 2 years now) I will switch to Zune, or something better. I absolutely hate iTunes, biggest piece of crap ever. Any suggestions for next purchase?
27.08.2010 - 15:20
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Well, don't go for an iPod, i HATE apple ... all of a sudden everyone's using apple products that have the lifespan of a fruit fly, just coz it is marketed and advertised better, which totally sucks .. shallow, conformist, go-with-the-flow, trends disgust me. i prefer to do my own research before purchase.. and when i review ALL the possibilities, i start to make my choice according to which better suits my needs.. i dont go and buy what's popular coz 'surely its good given that so many people use it' .. or the 'if i'm paying the same amount of money anyways, i might as well buy the new 'hip' thing that would make me look cool' ... urrgh. i fucking hate that !

so, basically i can't suggest a certain mp3 for you as i dont know what would u prefer or need.. but for me, when i did my 'mp3 research' i hadnt even HEARD of the Zune, but when i compared it to the iPod, its got bigger storage (back then the ipod had max. of 80 GB while zune was 120GB), its got a screen double the size of an iPod which makes viewing videos alot better, i liked its software more as its more developed, colored, and interesting .. the FM radio feature comes in handy, and the bluetooth feature allows you to listen to online radio too. i like its D-Pad rather than the shitty ipod round-scroll pad ... and at last its NOT APPLE OR POPULAR AMONG 13-year-old KIDS !!! lol
----

29.08.2010 - 14:34
Ragana
Rawrcat
I believe people buy iPod thinking that it won't break after it has been put in the water just because it's from Apple which certainly means 'quality'.
29.08.2010 - 15:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
2gb. I used to have a 16 gig one (a Creative Zen Vision M I think it was) but I got rid of it (well it broke and I opted for a refund instead of a replacement) as I found I could never choose what to listen to on journeys and would end up putting it on random and skipping each song. With 2gb i get a good 20 - 30 albums that I can choose beforehand.

Fascinating.
29.08.2010 - 15:35
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Zombie on 25.08.2010 at 03:40

I personally have an 8GB iPod Nano. Serves me fine.

However, I doubt the Zune is much better. Yes, Apple serve one purpose: make flashy gadgets and Mac computers, advertise them in an elegant manner and keep releasing new versions, distracting and ripping off more, in the end getting little much beyond what you started with. And people think it's cool.

Yet are Microsoft much better? Hostile takeovers, exploiting the IBM contract and forcing Windows and Microsoft Office as the market standard. I could go on about this, but they aren't really superior.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.08.2010 - 18:46
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by vezzy on 29.08.2010 at 15:35

Written by Zombie on 25.08.2010 at 03:40

I personally have an 8GB iPod Nano. Serves me fine.

However, I doubt the Zune is much better. Yes, Apple serve one purpose: make flashy gadgets and Mac computers, advertise them in an elegant manner and keep releasing new versions, distracting and ripping off more, in the end getting little much beyond what you started with. And people think it's cool.

Yet are Microsoft much better? Hostile takeovers, exploiting the IBM contract and forcing Windows and Microsoft Office as the market standard. I could go on about this, but they aren't really superior.

Well, this isn't a Microsoft vs. Apple thing .. fuck'em both, i'm pro-Linux ... but this is more of a Zune vs. Ipod ... nevermind the brands.. the product itself is wy much better than ipod.. the only problem with it is its battery ... it holds up for a few hours before going dead.. you have to cope with daily recharges.
----

29.08.2010 - 18:58
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Zombie on 29.08.2010 at 18:46

Well, this isn't a Microsoft vs. Apple thing .. fuck'em both, i'm pro-Linux ... but this is more of a Zune vs. Ipod ... nevermind the brands.. the product itself is wy much better than ipod.. the only problem with it is its battery ... it holds up for a few hours before going dead.. you have to cope with daily recharges.

that is, indeed, the crux of the argument. i have had 1 creative labs, 3 ipod products of varying levels, and 1 zune product. the zune is the best.

sure, i don't like some aspects as much as the iProduct: primarily lack of accessories such as docking speakers or whatever, not able to actually mess with the data once uploaded - which sucks if the genre tagging is off or for whatever reason it couldn't grab the artwork.

but it has others which i enjoy far more... such as the ability to not only upload songs from your pc to your zune, but also to download from your zune to your pc. i used to buy cds during my lunch break. always annoyed me that i'd have to burn them to my office pc, copy them up to the ipod, then burn again at home. now i just need to do it once. i think their playing software for the home pc is kinda cool. love the fact i have the HD adapter stand and could plug into a tv and control with a zune remote. haven't met another Zune user in my city that i'm friends with, so haven't had the opportunity to check out that "friends" function where if we're both at the gym, i can listen to music off their zune from my own.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.08.2010 - 19:54
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 29.08.2010 at 19:11

Sorry, but just bought an ipod this week. 160Gb.

I wanted something big enough to put nearly all of my CD collection on. I have also bought a Scoobee cable so that I can play it through my hifi.

I keep listening to the same CDs and some of my old ones I have not listened to for years, so I will put the ipod on shuffle songs and hear some of the older stuff I might not have bothered to get out of the CD case.

How did you buy this? Used? I thought they discontinued the 160gb model...
29.08.2010 - 20:17
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 29.08.2010 at 20:02

Written by Introspekrieg on 29.08.2010 at 19:54

Written by Irritable Ted on 29.08.2010 at 19:11

Sorry, but just bought an ipod this week. 160Gb.

I wanted something big enough to put nearly all of my CD collection on. I have also bought a Scoobee cable so that I can play it through my hifi.

I keep listening to the same CDs and some of my old ones I have not listened to for years, so I will put the ipod on shuffle songs and hear some of the older stuff I might not have bothered to get out of the CD case.

How did you buy this? Used? I thought they discontinued the 160gb model...

They re-launched it at the end of last year. It's a bit slimmer than the old one. Got it from John Lewis, where I work.

Just looking at some good earbuds now, possibly Sennheiser cx300ii, but apparently there are a lot of fakes around on Amazon.

Nice... I thought they were crazy for stopping production on that one. Anyone who has a decent-sized music collection, with lots of podcasts and videos (which take up a monstrous amount of memory) will require the 160gb size [actual 148gb]. But I actually found out a better option for my next purchase, the 120gb Zune encodes video better so the file sizes are smaller... holding 375 hours of video compared to the 120gb iPod holding 150 hours. But the battery life is a real deal breaker...
30.08.2010 - 17:53
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Yeah, its battery pretty much sucks .. holds up to 9 hours maybe ... 10 max. and if you're playing videos then it wont last more than 4 hours or 5 at best.

but, this isn't such a big problem for me as i'm never out of the house for THAT long, so daily recharging everynight while checking MS isn't sonething to bitch about.. however, for more 'outdoors' people this might be a problem.
----

04.09.2010 - 05:56
Wishmaster
Account deleted
80GB iPod classic.
05.09.2010 - 20:48
CaLu
Account deleted
16GB iPod Nano, works fine for me.