Metal Storm logo
Scorpions

Original post

Posted by Prowler84, 13.07.2006 - 03:52
It's time to share opinions about the legendary German hard rock band I am waiting for all of the fans or regular listeners..
06.10.2006 - 00:00
darksun
Written by Prowler84 on 05.10.2006 at 01:11

Written by darksun on 02.10.2006 at 23:57

yeah i believe that they are something different not hard rock either glam.May be we can call hard'n heavy.But whatever genre they are the definete trtuh is they make great music.Ballads like still loving you placed in most of ppl's hearts.And catchy songs like no one like you or rhytm of love.And "may be i may be you" is a masterpiece too.İ appreciate them and their music

Their music includes many subgenres but overall they were one of the most important heavy metal roots.

indeed you are right.Their sound is closer to metal
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
23.10.2006 - 18:07
marillionfan
Account deleted
One of the greatest rock bands ever, Scorpions has always had staying power, and made great music. Their 70s albums are amazing; their 80s albums are great although they're more accessible than their older albums. they also did a good job in the 90s - except maybe for the Eye to Eye album which was a bit poppy and uninspired. Great come back album in 2004 with Unbreakable - a kind of back to the roots album.
23.10.2006 - 18:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
The best thing with this band is that they made "Don't Stop at the Top" which Children of Bodom did an amazing cover of
----
16.02.2007 - 16:48
anakin.ro
Account deleted
No, the best thing with this band is that they were formed in 1965 (42 years ago !!!) and they still are active till this day. During this time they made some memorable tunes...any scorpions fan is welcomed to talk in here
Scorpions rocks...All my respect for them.
10.03.2007 - 22:35
Spooks
Account deleted
Scorpions ROCKS!
Just a terrific rock/metal band! Love Klaus !!
I went to see them at colmar (a litle city in the east of france, near Germany and switzerland) and i got the drum stick of Klaus (he used it with a bell) So proud
22.03.2007 - 11:30
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
i heard of them when i watch littly nicky i was like woah what song is that " Rock You Like a Hurricane" by Scorpions its funny and metalish lol
25.03.2007 - 13:06
Anathemani@c
I was feeling so much respect about Scorpions two years ago, but now I dont know what happened to me... I only recognise them the ballads offer they have given to music. Generally I dont like them that much
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
13.04.2007 - 00:59
anakin.ro
Account deleted
Hey, anyone knows what happened to their forum ??
20.04.2007 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 13.04.2007 at 00:59

Hey, anyone knows what happened to their forum ??

what you mena by this?

Ok I juat saw Scorpions and Sgypho Orchestra and well I woud say im bored just ehh I wa sbored of metallica stuff but this IMO Scoprions shood go rest some years
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.06.2007 - 11:34
ROCKMASTER
Account deleted
Opinion ? about scorpions ... they are one of the best hard rock bands ever ...theyhave influenced rockers and non rockers .... I attended their show here in cairo last year and wow .. it was amazing ......

a real amazing experience ..... Klaus meine sounded just like the early 80ies ...

Check out the new album .... Humanity , hour 1 ... oh god !!!!
28.06.2007 - 04:16
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I love these guys! One of my favorite bands of all time. Virgin Killer and the Zoo are my two favorite songs! Love at First Sting is also my favorite album, though Virgin Killer and Animal Magnetism follow close! I want to see these guys live so bad! No one ever comes to my state though....
30.06.2007 - 04:53
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
dude i had non-metal friend ov mine with "Rock You Like A Hurricane" in his MSN sign in name .
12.07.2007 - 02:05
Remus
I just kicked "Wind of Change"'s ass on Singstar Rocks!! Yeah, 9200 points baby! Like to see you guys beat that!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
04.09.2007 - 13:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A 13-and-a-half-minute audio interview with Scorpions frontman Klaus Meine, conducted last month by Doug Podell of Detroit's WRIF 101.1 FM, has been posted online at this location.
04.09.2007 - 14:45
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
I missed a concert the played like 60 Km from where I live >.< I didn't know they were coming till the had already played
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
05.09.2007 - 21:19
APOHAKC
The Bard
They canceled concert here, I really pissed off. Anyway, huge fan of Scorpions, although, they are maybe too glam for my style, anyway, I found myself in their music when I was really young, now, I have all of their albums and DVDs, so that concert that was canceled was huge disappointment to me. . .
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.09.2007 - 23:26
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Damn it's so hard to get a hold ov their older ['70's songs] , I have yet to hear their younger stuff before they hit it big.
05.09.2007 - 23:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Author on 05.09.2007 at 23:26

Damn it's so hard to get a hold ov their older ['70's songs] , I have yet to hear their younger stuff before they hit it big.

their 70s stuff is infitely better than their 802, 90s, 00s stuff. Certainly worth to be checked out.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.09.2007 - 00:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.09.2007 at 23:31

their 70s stuff is infitely better than their 802, 90s, 00s stuff. Certainly worth to be checked out.

I dunno much of them 70ties but I like them better how leiter 80ties and 90ties albums IMO thay are boring

Lowelas watch video here in MS you be suprside man
----

apos;'
[image]
06.09.2007 - 03:12
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.09.2007 at 00:34

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.09.2007 at 23:31

I dunno much of them 70ties but I like them better how leiter 80ties and 90ties albums IMO thay are boring

wow this is really surprising to hear, as their '80's stuff got more promotion without question lol.

Which video on MS
06.09.2007 - 13:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
First video in band profile here in metalstorm
----

apos;'
[image]
18.09.2007 - 22:29
?Master?
Account deleted
scorpions are a good band
everytime i hear their songs i can never get it out of my fukin head!
12.10.2007 - 04:23
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
gahhhhh! monthes go by and it's the same problem!!

08.11.2007 - 12:46
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Professionally filmed video footage of Scorpions performing in Manaus, Brazil on August 9, 2007 were posted at the following locations:

"Bad Boys Running Wild"
"Humanity"
"Aquarela do Brasil" / "Still Loving You"
"Send Me An Angel"
"The Zoo"
09.11.2007 - 05:01
bucky01403
Account deleted
They have some awesome songs, but I get bored after about twenty minutes of their music.
14.11.2007 - 05:19
Judas
The Amputator
I've seen them once before, but I'll definitely go to see them again in Mumbai on December 14, if only for the 5 or 6 classic songs that I still cream myself upon hearing.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.11.2007 - 14:05
sleeping sun
iIwas able to see then live , when they had that concert at Sibiu , and i can honestly say that they are so special , so magnific .....i mean there were so many people speachless listening to theyre songs....Scorpions its a band for everyone , they have exceptional songs , and people of all ages listen to then .In my opinion they are one of the few bands , that will remain forever present in the minds of those who listen to them , they will never disapear and they will olso be remainded for theyre music , that < in my case , get staight to my heart .
----
....You can close your eyes to reality , but not to memories.....
01.12.2007 - 23:24
Pegasus
such a great band......they were my fav band ever at some time...but still have much respect to them...they ruled the 80s era in hard rock as i think ....
and right now i'm listening to them...it's been a long time since i listen to anything for them....
----
Still I dream but now I know I dream a lie...so I close my eyes and I die...
02.12.2007 - 17:34
Judas
The Amputator
11 days and I'll be listening to 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' being performed live in front of me, along with around 25,000 other Bombayites...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
02.12.2007 - 17:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 06.09.2007 at 00:34

i watched it and yeah, i was quite surprised at what a lousy video it is on the other hand, the flying V guitar is cool, and the song reminds me somewhat of Zeppelin