Metal Storm logo
Dutch And Belgian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Marcel Hubregtse, 17.05.2006 - 11:44
This thread is to discuss life in the Lowlands (both for the Cheeseheads and the Masters Of Beer) and anything else on the midns of you Lowlanders and people interested in the Lowlands.
20.05.2006 - 14:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
@Eddie the numerus fixus wasn't only based on grades. But with higher grades you had a higher chance to get in. Because then your name was put into the so-called collective bowl about four times instead of once and then thy drew the names from the bowl and 100 lucky people would get in (out of 1000 applying that year I heard) so instead of a 1:100 chance I had a 1:250 chance of getting in.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.05.2006 - 14:27
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
@ Eddie : awesome that we study the same
Within a few weeks I have examinations of 'Methodology', 'Introduction into Psychology' and 'Criminological Psychology', 'Victimology' and 'Pyschopathology'
----
Your favorite band sucks.
20.05.2006 - 15:32
Olddoggie
Account deleted
Written by Stoemp on 19.05.2006 at 17:35

Hi there lowlanders. Glad to see some Belgian and Holland guys here! Do you guys go to GMM? Perhaps we can organise a MS meet there someday? What do you think?

I'll be going on friday, hope to meet some Metal Stormers aswell.

Olddoggie.
20.05.2006 - 17:49
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
@Thryce
Hahah, I didnt know that Thats really cool. Are you in your first year as well? Or already 2nd? You certainly have a lot courses you need to exam in. The max I had so far were 3 of them, I also have quite few classes in a week, like 3 or 4 of them, 2 hours a class.

I will have examinations of: (I'm just gonna write them in Dutch) Theoretische Sociologie, Inleiding Rechssociologie, Inleiding Internationaal Recht. And I also have 'Practicum Beschrijvende Criminologie' this period (of the 3 periods I have) which is about writing papers and searching through and for different sources, there won't be an exam of that one, the papers will make up your final grade.

These courses I already passed: Inleiding tot de Rechtswetenschap, Inleiding Strafrecht en Criminologie, Inleiding Publiekrecht, Inleiding Methoden en Technieken, Inleiding Criminologie. Its all 'inleiding', but thats because its first year, and also quite a lot of 'Law' in it, but that should be mostly over at the 2nd year. I don't like the Law part that much, I just pull myself through that hahah. So far I passed everything So there is no doubt that I will pass this year, which is really comforting, because if I wont pass this year I wont be able to do this study again for another 3 years.

@Ozman, ah I see, quite a big number of students applied for that study.

And something crazy happenend today. I went to Rotterdam with a friend to check out a musicgear store. After we left there we went to 'Sounds', a record store which houses a basement where gear for playing live was set up, which is quite new. We heard a good band playing, we checked it out, and freaking Textures was playing there. A really small crowd was there, but it was nonetheless really cool. Unfortanetly when we walked in they were just finishing up their last song, so we only saw like a minute of them, which sucked. But I was really surprised, I definetly need to keep my eye on that store from now on
20.05.2006 - 20:34
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
@ Eddie : I'm already in my second year. We have some totally different courses, but that's also because Criminology in Belgian and The Netherlands is quite different from each other (although we have to read a lot of texts from Dutch writers).
We have about 18 to 20hours of classes in a week. Last year I had 9 different courses and this year 8.
Normally you have 'law' courses in every year. In the first year we had an Introduction into Law. This year we had Criminal Law (Strafrecht), next year Youth Law and in the Master International Law. But we also have to study a lot of laws in a course about Police and Victimology.
I passed last year with almost 60% but this year I already have 3 re-examinations (I got screwed really bad by Criminal Law)

Anyway, good luck with the examniations soon (I have mine from 9 until 26) !
----
21.05.2006 - 02:36
AntaeusM
Elite
@Nafanin

The English word for Maatschappijleer is Social science. I never understood how history could be difficult. I finished this class in the 4th class with a 8,1. I hardly studied, but they keep repeating about the same topics. Second World War, Cold War etc. Same for social science, I had the same tests as you had, and I ended the class with a 8,4.

@Ozman
Ah, you are always striving for perfection? Well, nowadays only a few studies requires a good grade list. I already know what I am going to do, and that study isn't that popular, so they really don't care about my grades. As long as they are above a 5,5
23.05.2006 - 14:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Happy Birthday Nafanin !!
----
23.05.2006 - 14:26
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Thryce, you are right! Happy Birthday Nafanin!

23.05.2006 - 17:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Happy B-day!

Just cam back from a two-day 'stage' at the 'mentally disabled centre'. Really impressive.. :scared:
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.05.2006 - 01:51
Falcon
Ok, let's join the Dutch/Belgian thread too Happy Birthday Nafanin! ghaha Quite a sad period you chose, in the middle of that goddamn exams I'm really looking forward to GMM as well! In exact 1 month we will be seeing Opeth!
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
24.05.2006 - 09:56
Stoemp
Written by Eddie on 20.05.2006 at 02:19

I wonder if anybody actually contacted Jeff Yep, I'm definetly going, already got my ticket.

I have contacted Jeff yesterday, but I didn't hear from him yet. I hope we can arrange some MS meeting. It would be great to see you guys there in real life.
24.05.2006 - 11:08
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by Stoemp on 24.05.2006 at 09:56

Written by Eddie on 20.05.2006 at 02:19

I wonder if anybody actually contacted Jeff Yep, I'm definetly going, already got my ticket.

I have contacted Jeff yesterday, but I didn't hear from him yet. I hope we can arrange some MS meeting. It would be great to see you guys there in real life.

Yeah, it would be cool if we would be able to arrange something. Unfortatnetly Jeff aint going this year. But that shoulndt stop us from organising a meeting.
24.05.2006 - 11:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I got a questio to all of you doing exmas at the moment... how have they gone up to now?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.05.2006 - 11:23
Falcon
Well, in my case they still have to start (30 may, till 22 june(!)), but now it's the period before, to study for them (we call it 'de blok' ). But the studying doesn't go that smooth
----

24.05.2006 - 14:07
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2006 at 11:14

I got a questio to all of you doing exmas at the moment... how have they gone up to now?

Biology was really difficult(maybe you have read it in the newspapers the Cito made the exam WAY too difficult). Anyway, I had a 35 out of 79. Which isn't really good, but good enough to pass for Biology. Chemistry was easy. A 43 out of 69. Which will be something between a 5,6 and a 7,6. So that went well. Yesterday Dutch, a 26 out of 45, which will be something between a 5,4 and a 7,4.(It is so great we can calculate our grades :p) All the grades are good enough to pass the classes. Next week I have English, Maths B and Physics, so I don't expect any problems..only Maths B could be difficult.
31.05.2006 - 19:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
My turn to give this thread new life? Well, what are you gonna do this summer?

Me is going to Waldrock, (if I pass this year, that chance is getting bigger )

And well, spending time in Barcelone (10 days). Maybe a summerjob, but for the rest.. NOTHING..
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.05.2006 - 19:44
sonofdeath
fwewie, I'm finally back on ms
well if you just try hard anough I think you can go to Waldrock. I donnu where I'm going, probably nowhere as I have to work/study/exams :
----
----When I drop dead, could you place a sixpack of beer besides me? I've heard it's quite hot in hell----
31.05.2006 - 19:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Would be cool. Nafanin is going too, going with her.

1th of July, be there!
----

31.05.2006 - 21:41
Falcon
Immediately after my exams I go to Graspop And I still should find a job for one month as well, I'm going to start driving lessons after passing the theoretical exam, I'll start learning guitar too and reheasre a lot with my band (where I'm the drummer from). Further, I have no idea, there will be things enough to do I guess Can't wait till these fucked up exams are over!
----

04.06.2006 - 14:34
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Hey MetalFalcon !
So am I !

I got a history exam (oral) in the morning friday 23rd of June .. So I'll just dump my costume at home, and leave for Graspop !
08.06.2006 - 22:56
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
So Nervel and I came up with the idea of holding some sort of "Low Lands MS Meeting" somewhere apart from Graspop (for preference at a metal festival/gig) also preferably in July...
(First suggestion was Annihilator in Helmond (close to the Belgian border) on July23)

Anyone interested in pushing this proposal through into realization ??
----
08.06.2006 - 23:18
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
july 23 is my birthday, so when you guys meet, drink one for me please
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
09.06.2006 - 00:26
Falcon
Yeah, why not, maybe I'll be there On this very moment I can't say for sure
----

09.06.2006 - 15:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Bas2, I will drink a few for you then.

@All interested in Thryce's suggestion: Please tell us more than 'I'm interested'.

We need:

Days you're away/available.
Stuff you're interested in. (Bands you like and bands you don't want to see)
Also useful would be a picture of you, and your real name.

And, I have a concert agenda myself, but it is mainly for the Netherlands, so anyone with (not too expansive, everyone's gotta travel) suggestions, post them.

You can PM me (and I think Thryce too) for this stuff, so we can keep a list of people interested and stuff.

Thanks very much, and I hope we can realize it!
----

10.06.2006 - 14:32
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
It would definetly be cool. But, the Annihilator was already cancelled I believe

I was already planning to go there, but I saw on the site of Plato (http://www.poppodiumplato.nl/ ) that it got cancelled due to a conflict in the touring schedule. But its only postponed, so they will come, just a bit later

'Annihilator have postponed their planned European summer touring, due to a scheduling conflict. Mainman Jeff Waters: "We were, of course, really looking forward to doing this tour but will unfortunately have to push it back to early fall 2006. We had planned on finishing up our new cd by tour time, however the recording is taking longer than anticipated and some of the people involved in the recording/mixing are not avaliable after the tour. We sincerely apologize to the fans and promoters but will see you all in the fall!'

The Prog Metal Night at Helmond on 15 september (or november) seems interesting though, I dont know if I will be going, but I would like to. There will be Riverside, Vanden Plas and The Aurora Project. I've never heard the last band, but I will check them out some day.
10.06.2006 - 14:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That's a shame!

But well, I'll take your suggestion into consideration and we'll see what the others think of it. I already know Ozman would like to go to Dead Head/Destruction on 8/9 September, what do you think of that?
----

13.06.2006 - 17:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I can only make the Dead Head date because I am still tied up with cricket on the other dates.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2006 - 21:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
So, Thryce and I decided we gotta do it differently.

We wont do a gig meet, since we have only two replies and those were both different, and dates Thryce couldn't make it, so between 21 en 27 juli we can sort something out. I'll hear it from you.
----

30.06.2006 - 20:32
Olddoggie
Account deleted
Well, guys and gals, how did the exams turn out? I hope you've got the results you have worked for !!!
30.06.2006 - 21:45
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by [user id=7151] on 30.06.2006 at 20:32

Well, guys and gals, how did the exams turn out? I hope you've got the results you have worked for !!!

Hmmm, not really, but I passed this year anyway, so at least thats good. On to the 2nd of year of Criminology!

Even got a 5,4 which is like 0,1 points removed from passing that course ...