Metal Storm logo
Which gig would you attend if you had one day to live

Original post

Posted by Powerslavex, 26.06.2009 - 22:23
If i had a chance to attend one last gig before i pass away i would have to choose between Iron Maiden or Pink Floyd, a perfect way to get prepared to burn in hell for eternity where all us headbangers are headed to
27.09.2009 - 23:11
MetallicA
Iron Maiden...I still have not seen them live. I here their shows are freakin awesome!

I've seen most of my other favorite bands so I'm good with just Maiden.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
29.09.2009 - 19:32
Panterica
Megadeth for sure. Love their music and they still performe like their still 30 years old.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
23.12.2009 - 21:04
I_Die_Often
A show with a lot of women... like to get laid just one more time too!

----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
28.12.2009 - 17:33
arwestromen
One day one gig....how about a one day festival?
Like the sonisphere festival
Iron Maiden
Heaven and Hell
the Stoodges etc etc
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
28.12.2009 - 20:17
Don Martin
le fu-
It's sad they don't tour anymore so I would go back in time to the 90's to see Autopsy, the inventors of Gore Death Metal.
From the bands that still exist (and tour) I would pick Slayer. I still haven't seen them though they've been in Belgium a million times...
----
What a tackastrophe!
28.12.2009 - 23:59
Autopsy are playing a gig next year actually. Probably will end up announcing more as well.

Personally for me it would be Manowar....because they are Manowar and nothing will ever be as epic!
----
"The people who are dark fear the people who are fair
And hippies live in terror of the guys who have no hair
The saddest thing of all - what I really find grim
Is we haven't yet noticed what a mess we're all in."
30.12.2009 - 22:26
JD
Account deleted
I think Katatonia or Vader
05.01.2010 - 02:47
flickaa
This is too hard to answer XD
10.01.2010 - 17:05
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Some made up Scandinavian festival that features Carpathian Forest/Nattefrost solo work, Mayhem (w/Maniac), Emperor, Dissection (w/John revived), Darkthrone, Horna, Dark Funeral...damn, maybe with some French BM as well. Not going to ever happen though!

It would be awsome to see Carpathian Forest though, get drunk with Nattefrost..that would be interesting. I'm not really into the worship of "celebs" but, he seems like a cool guy.
11.01.2010 - 08:09
Immortal
For me it would be Maiden too because I've never had the fortune to see them live before.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
13.01.2010 - 15:05
Oracle
Orcinus
If i had one day to live i would travel across the other side of the world just to see Edenbridge or Iced Earth (depending if they were touring on that particular day haha)... But there are soooo many other bands i wouldn't mind seeing either
16.01.2010 - 21:46
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I would have to be a part of the one thousand year long musical composition called "Longplayer".
Quote:
It began playing at midnight on the 31st of December 1999, and will continue to play without repetition until the last moment of 2999, at which point it will complete its cycle and begin again.
By experiencing it I could hopefully gain perspective into the understanding of time before my death.

Website
16.01.2010 - 21:52
Ragana
Rawrcat
Orphaned Land, without a doubt.
16.01.2010 - 21:59
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 21:52

It would be very interesting to see these guys play... They are playing here in the states for the first time in five years this year. Hopefully, I get to see them this time now that I know that their music kicks ass.
16.01.2010 - 22:04
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.01.2010 at 21:59

Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 21:52

It would be very interesting to see these guys play... They are playing here in the states for the first time in five years this year. Hopefully, I get to see them this time now that I know that their music kicks ass.

Exactly. I'd love to see them in their country, though. Here the metal events aren't attended well and I'd love to see Israel any time, hehe.
16.01.2010 - 22:06
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 22:04

Exactly. I'd love to see them in their country, though. Here the metal events aren't attended well and I'd love to see Israel any time, hehe.

Shyeah, same here. I don't expect many Americans to show up at an Orphaned Land show. :/ They are having two shows here this year in my country. That's it (Probably in very small venues too). Luckily, one of the shows is gonna be 3 hours away from where I live. :O
16.01.2010 - 22:23
Ragana
Rawrcat
3 hours away! OMG. That's one reason why I wouldn't like to live in USA. The territory is simply HUGE. I already have problems because I don't live in the capital city of Latvia (20min by train to get to the centre of it) and most of the good events are there, so I technically have no place where to stay... but US is a monster. And there are only 2 shows in whole country!

Well, I don't know about Orphaned Land particularly but the metal events except for Metallica and such aren't attended well in general. I couldn't say there aren't many metalheads but what can you expect from a country with 2,3 million citizens?
16.01.2010 - 22:39
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 22:23

3 hours away! OMG. That's one reason why I wouldn't like to live in USA. The territory is simply HUGE. I already have problems because I don't live in the capital city of Latvia (20min by train to get to the centre of it) and most of the good events are there, so I technically have no place where to stay... but US is a monster. And there are only 2 shows in whole country!

Well, I don't know about Orphaned Land particularly but the metal events except for Metallica and such aren't attended well in general. I couldn't say there aren't many metalheads but what can you expect from a country with 2,3 million citizens?

Eh, Three hours isn't that bad. I think the longest I've driven to a show is 6 hours... and that was an Ozzfest show to see Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. Every large show is AT LEAST an hour-and-a-half from where I live. :/

Oh, and trust me, the metal scene here is fucking PATHETIC. European bands that are bigger elsewhere like Nightwish and Sonata Arctica get very tiny venues. It's sad. For example, Nile (a popular American death metal band) played WITH my friend's fairly young local band at what was basically a bar. That's what they have to resort too.
16.01.2010 - 22:44
Zuzuz0r
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.01.2010 at 22:39

Oh, and trust me, the metal scene here is fucking PATHETIC. European bands that are bigger elsewhere like Nightwish and Sonata Arctica get very tiny venues. It's sad. For example, Nile (a popular American death metal band) played WITH my friend's fairly young local band at what was basically a bar. That's what they have to resort too.

But they still tour almost the entire country isn't it?, I've seen that Sonata Arctica tours the US a lot and more than 10 cities.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
16.01.2010 - 22:48
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Zuzuz0r on 16.01.2010 at 22:44

But they still tour almost the entire country isn't it?, I've seen that Sonata Arctica tours the US a lot and more than 10 cities.

This is true. They also play in bigger venues SOMETIMES (in cities like New York City), but Orphaned Land is definitely not as popular around here.
16.01.2010 - 22:50
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hey, I know Nile! But... wow. Incredibly. I think Nile was here some time ago... but I'm almost 100% sure they didn't play with some local band. Nile is quite... big for that.

I feel sorry for you know. On the other hand, I bet you have there more shows than in whole Latvia.
16.01.2010 - 22:56
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 22:50

I feel sorry for you know. On the other hand, I bet you have there more shows than in whole Latvia.

Yes, we do... Luckily, my interest in music isn't limited to just metal, though. But most of the shows I go to, no matter what genre, are usually in small venues... But I kinda like it like that. There seems to be more of a connection between the bands and the fans that way.
16.01.2010 - 23:04
Ragana
Rawrcat
Yeah, well, my music taste also doesn't consist of metal music only but I have no chance to see much of some other artists as well.

Yeah, that's true. But you'll agree - it's better to have a concert in some small venue not in a big one where the count of people isn't really big and it looks like no one likes the band.
I must say that the venue where usually metal shows here are held at is not a big one, it still looks quite empty when there's playing some band which is not so popular or is just very specific.
16.01.2010 - 23:10
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 23:04

Yeah, that's true. But you'll agree - it's better to have a concert in some small venue not in a big one where the count of people isn't really big and it looks like no one likes the band.
I must say that the venue where usually metal shows here are held at is not a big one, it still looks quite empty when there's playing some band which is not so popular or is just very specific.

That sucks... Hopefully, when you move out of your house in the future, you'll end up in a place with a larger music community.
16.01.2010 - 23:15
Ragana
Rawrcat
That gives me no options - I have to move to Riga or to another country.
Anyway, I guess we spammed here a lot.
16.01.2010 - 23:26
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 23:15

That gives me no options - I have to move to Riga or to another country.
Anyway, I guess we spammed here a lot.

Eh, I think you're right... but we do USUALLY keep things slightly relevant. We are talking about gigs.

Oh poop! I've spammed again! XP
16.01.2010 - 23:37
Ragana
Rawrcat
Well, yeah. XD I just know that there's a thin line between spam and conversation-about-the-topic... and usually I overstep it.

SHH!
Btw, you didn't answer which gig YOU would attend if you had one day to live.
16.01.2010 - 23:41
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 23:37

SHH!

But I did!.. OVER SIX MONTHS AGO, in fact. It's on page one. It was a pretty raw post if I do say so myself.
16.01.2010 - 23:48
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.01.2010 at 23:41

SHH!

But I did!.. OVER SIX MONTHS AGO, in fact. It's on page one. It was a pretty raw post if I do say so myself.

Oh, crap, you're right!
Your post is too complicated - why couldn't you just choose one band?
16.01.2010 - 23:51
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 16.01.2010 at 23:48

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.01.2010 at 23:41

SHH!

Oh, crap, you're right!
Your post is too complicated - why couldn't you just choose one band?

Because I AM complicated. >:[

But seriously, I DID choose one band at the end. It's just that artist used so many great musicians in his works during his lifetime, I had to be super specific. I mean, I can dream, can't I? D: