Metal Storm logo
Body Disposal After Death

Original post

Posted by AiwiAstwihad, 01.10.2009 - 12:50
Simple question, which one you prefer and why? Do you want traditional religious funeral?
My vote goes to Cremation. And i don't care what happens to ashes.

Poll

Which do you prefer?

Cremated
Doesn't Matter, I Don't Care
Other
Donated To Science
Buried

Total votes: 40
02.10.2009 - 08:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Ragana on 02.10.2009 at 00:45

I hate funerals. I've been to 5 or 6 funerals and I totally hate to see people crying or even myself doing that, but oh, what can I do?

there is no shame on that, if you are doing it because you have relation to the person
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.10.2009 - 10:55
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Haddonfield on 01.10.2009 at 21:09

Although, I think being chopped up and fed to sharks could be a good idea...

Hahaha...Agreed. But unfortunately since you can't manage it yourself, have to persuade someone to do it for you and well, hardly anyone will.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
02.10.2009 - 11:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Forme it would be:
Donate every organ that is usefull to both science and medicine... And then get buried.

And yeah, I agree with Ragana,I hate when people cry way too much. That's why I want my priest or the guy/woman who speaks to have the same kind of dark humor as mine and make jokes about everything.
ut yeah,at the sametime there's no shame in that as Ellrohir said.
And also I want a sign that says "See you guys" with a very happy face.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.10.2009 - 12:24
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.10.2009 at 23:32

Written by Elio on 01.10.2009 at 22:01

Crap, they can do it in a personal way. Funerals are for hypocrits: "OMG THIS PERSON IS DEAD I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HIM, LET'S GO TO THE FUNERAL ANYWAYZ"

Hey, don't generalize like that.

I didn't want to generalize, but I don't want at my funeral people that never cared about me during my life.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.10.2009 - 12:31
Baz Anderson
Staff
The main reason I would want a funeral service is just the idea of inflicting one of my songs to a bunch of people one last time.
What song would I have? Something Emperor perhaps...
02.10.2009 - 13:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Elio on 02.10.2009 at 12:24

but I don't want at my funeral people that never cared about me during my life.

Then the line about funeral being for hiporcrites was completely unecessary. Just a subjective view due to personal experiences or other reasons.
___

I'm with Baz here, I really want to leave with a blasting song.
----
Rod, let me love you.
02.10.2009 - 13:25
Baz Anderson
Staff
"With Strength I Burn" may be appropriate for a cremation. Haha yes, that's a good idea actually.
02.10.2009 - 14:18
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Baz Anderson on 02.10.2009 at 13:25

"With Strength I Burn" may be appropriate for a cremation. Haha yes, that's a good idea actually.

This would be even better, I think I must have to include this in a will or something, just for irony sakes and people would not be able to prevent a laugh which is cool:

PS: With one song, you're letting them get of light, I'm thinking three at least, maybe five, seeing as I don't want no religious service, I may as well replace it with music, which is like a religion to me.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
02.10.2009 - 14:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There is a topic about songs you want for funeral already...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.10.2009 - 14:26
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Ellrohir on 02.10.2009 at 14:23

There is a topic about songs you want for funeral already...

I know I've already posted there, this song is for the cremation humour.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
02.10.2009 - 18:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I don't care, so if science wants me, she can have me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.10.2009 - 20:20
Nexus
Asshat
Donate my organs to science (prolly not my liver, though ...:P), and have one person, whoever it is I trust the most at the time, to bury my body next to a tree so it can absorb the maximum amount of nutrients it can get from my corpse.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
02.10.2009 - 21:20
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah

I don't want at my funeral people that never cared about me during my life.

Nor do i. It's like they have to attend funerals just for the sake of it. Many don't even bother to pretend they care.
----
02.10.2009 - 23:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 02.10.2009 at 21:20

Nor do i. It's like they have to attend funerals just for the sake of it. Many don't even bother to pretend they care.

Well, that can easily be solved by having a very close person who you know yo can trust and he/she take care of who will go to the funeral, I want to do that anyway
----
Rod, let me love you.
03.10.2009 - 02:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I chose "other", for catapult.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.10.2009 - 02:43
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Nexus on 02.10.2009 at 20:20

Donate my organs to science (prolly not my liver, though ...:P), and have one person, whoever it is I trust the most at the time, to bury my body next to a tree so it can absorb the maximum amount of nutrients it can get from my corpse.

Is that legal? I don't think you can do that sort of stuff here in England.
----

03.10.2009 - 02:57
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Haddonfield on 03.10.2009 at 02:43

Meh, I don't even care if it is illegal here. I'm tired of having these preset laws that determine what you can and cannot do with land. Man, it's freaking land for chrissakes. If they, whoever they are, don't like it, they can unearth me for all I care. I'll be dead anyway.

Although if I do it, it'll definitely be out in the middle of nowhere ... I'm not gonna pick a tree in the middle of a public park.
----
03.10.2009 - 03:02
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Nexus on 03.10.2009 at 02:57

Meh, I don't even care if it is illegal here. I'm tired of having these preset laws that determine what you can and cannot do with land. Man, it's freaking land for chrissakes. If they, whoever they are, don't like it, they can unearth me for all I care. I'll be dead anyway.

Although if I do it, it'll definitely be out in the middle of nowhere ... I'm not gonna pick a tree in the middle of a public park.

I was talking about getting someone to dispose of your body, wouldn't he or she get into trouble?
----

03.10.2009 - 03:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Haddonfield on 03.10.2009 at 03:02

I was talking about getting someone to dispose of your body, wouldn't he or she get into trouble?

I was thinking the same thing... It's not like the police will buy the history of " My dear friend wanted me to bury him near a tree in the middle of nowhere"
----
Rod, let me love you.
03.10.2009 - 04:43
MetalSpider
Well ultimately I'll be dead so I really wont care.

But I want to be shot out into space...and no Im not joking. Now whether that can be arranged for when I die is a different story, but thats what I want.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
03.10.2009 - 04:50
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by MetalSpider on 03.10.2009 at 04:43

Well ultimately I'll be dead so I really wont care.

But I want to be shot out into space...and no Im not joking. Now whether that can be arranged for when I die is a different story, but thats what I want.

Been watching Starship Troopers or Battlestar Galactica recently?
----

03.10.2009 - 04:55
MetalSpider
Haha...never actually seen Battlestar Galactica (at least not yet). I have seen Starship Troopers though...it was great

Ive just always loved space. Getting shot out into space is the way Ive wanted to be disposed for as long as I can remember.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
03.10.2009 - 05:00
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Haddonfield on 03.10.2009 at 03:02

Hmm ... that's possible. Although I guess if I'd give my consent to them through my will or something, they would be able to, no?
----
03.10.2009 - 12:41
Baz Anderson
Staff
You can't just dump a body in a public place, consent from the dead or not.
03.10.2009 - 13:47
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Canada may be different though, you never know.
----

04.10.2009 - 02:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.10.2009 at 12:41

You can't just dump a body in a public place, consent from the dead or not.

Written by Haddonfield on 03.10.2009 at 13:47

Canada may be different though, you never know.

I sure hope so. Maybe I'll get my corpse just propped up on a park bench or something and see how long it takes for people to notice....maybe put it on a blooper show or something. I wouldn't mind my body being used as a prop for some awesome pranks.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.10.2009 - 17:12
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
They would be pretty funny, it reminds when the kids use Kyle's dead gran as a prop to scare some teens in South Park.
----

04.10.2009 - 18:00
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.10.2009 at 23:54

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 02.10.2009 at 21:20

Well, that can easily be solved by having a very close person who you know yo can trust and he/she take care of who will go to the funeral, I want to do that anyway

That ain't possible!
Don't know about your country but here, they think they're doing your family (and you) a favour by attending your funeral. People who you've seldom met during your life will come from far afar. And well, you can't ask someone to say: "Sorry, i feel you don't really care for him. Not allowed to participate!".
I want no ceremonies, albeit inevitable. They'll perform all the relligious traditions, whether i want or not...Yeah, having freedom to this wonderfull extend feels great!
----
04.10.2009 - 19:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 04.10.2009 at 18:00

That ain't possible!
Don't know about your country but here, they think they're doing your family (and you) a favour by attending your funeral. People who you've seldom met during your life will come from far afar. And well, you can't ask someone to say: "Sorry, i feel you don't really care for him. Not allowed to participate!".
I want no ceremonies, albeit inevitable. They'll perform all the relligious traditions, whether i want or not...Yeah, having freedom to this wonderfull extend feels great!

I can be a real bitch when it comes to something I want... This would be the case. We'll see.
----
Rod, let me love you.
04.10.2009 - 20:26
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.10.2009 at 19:24

I can be a real bitch when it comes to something I want... This would be the case. We'll see.

Hahaha...Good luck!
I've got some plans too, let the beatings begin!
----