Metal Storm logo
Johnny Depp

Original post

Posted by Sekhmet, 24.07.2006 - 13:16
I was thinking of going to the movies for Pirates of the Caribbean II and realised Johnny Depp was such a great actor that he deserved his own thread/poll The man is so telented he manages to fit in every role he plays, bringing eeriness and uniqueness to his characters.
And he's not bad-looking either

His association with Tim Burton has created some of the most beautiful movies like Edward Scissorhands, dark ones like Sleepy Hollow or funny ones like Charlie and the Chocolate Factor. He's also Victor's voice in the weird (yet wonderful) tale Corpse Bride.
He's still awesome in the role of a complete maniac in Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, or in the popular Pirates of the Caribbean (The first time Depp has portrayed the same character in more than one film)...

It may be hard to choose but I'd like to know which one of his characters do you prefer... My vote goes to Edward Scissorhands but I also love every other movie mentionned in this poll (except for The Ninth Gate which was rather average, and From Hell, disappointing if it wasn't for Depp's performance). You still have the "other" button for his less-known roles.

Poll

Which is your favourite Johnny Depp's character??

Jack Sparrow(Pirates of the Caribbean)
Edward Scissorhands
Raoul Duke(Fear & Loathing in LasVegas)
other
Inspector Frederick Abberline(From Hell)
Sir J. Matthew Barrie(Finding Neverland)
Ichabo Crane(Sleepy Hollow)
Dean Corso(The Ninth Gate)
Willy Wonka(Charlie & the Chocolate Fact

Total votes: 80
05.03.2008 - 17:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by GT on 05.03.2008 at 17:42

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.03.2008 at 17:40

Written by GT on 05.03.2008 at 17:07

He's pretty good in Sweeny Todd as well...the man can even sing pretty decent, which I hadn't expected.

But he did teh voice os Jack in "Nightmare Before Christmas" and he sings in that one too...

I haven't seen that movie so I didn't know...so it was still a surprise for me because the "singing" he does in Pirates doesn't count

You call that singing?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.03.2008 - 18:19
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.03.2008 at 17:44

He's pretty good in Sweeny Todd as well...the man can even sing pretty decent, which I hadn't expected.

But he did teh voice os Jack in "Nightmare Before Christmas" and he sings in that one too...

I haven't seen that movie so I didn't know...so it was still a surprise for me because the "singing" he does in Pirates doesn't count

You call that singing?

Yeah don't you!?...
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.03.2008 - 18:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by GT on 05.03.2008 at 18:19

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.03.2008 at 17:44

You call that singing?

Yeah don't you!?...

Erm... well, I guess.. coming from a drunken pirate yeah, we can call that singing
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

13.05.2008 - 01:35
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
omg i love johnny depp, the only thing is in quite a few films he has an english accent, and a really good one so i thought he was english dammit.

i think my fav johnny depp films have to be sleepy hollow and pirates of the caribbean

edward scissorhands really made me cry though
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
13.05.2008 - 11:42
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Necrogeddon on 13.05.2008 at 01:35

omg i love johnny depp, the only thing is in quite a few films he has an english accent, and a really good one so i thought he was english dammit.

i think my fav johnny depp films have to be sleepy hollow and pirates of the caribbean

Exactly, his accent is great. i don't like american accent, but when i've heard his accent i enjoyed that too much.

in sleepy hollow, sweeney todd and from hell he was great. i like those movies, but they both come after pirate of Caribbean.
18.05.2008 - 16:09
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by John Barleycorn on 24.07.2006 at 13:51

His best performance was definitely in "Dead Man". Other movies are mostly mainstream crap, although Depp may illminate even a shitty movie.

Exactly agree with u - others r sellout cheap hollywood shits!
02.06.2008 - 22:19
6hell6fire6
his actor talent is so good.he is very good in ''dead man'' too. what do you think about ''arizona dream''? about the movie and actors in there?
02.06.2008 - 22:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
pretty sure i voted for 'pirates' mostly because the 3 movies are the only ones i've seen him in lol! but it's really more than enough, i mean the guy was going in a little depression after he finished the first movie, he enjoyed being Sparrow that much, and it shows. he is probably the funniest character i've ever seen in a movie!

'a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest!'

'Captain Jack Sparrow... :rolleyes: '

'couldn't resist, mate!'
06.06.2008 - 17:33
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
wow...i'm the ONLYONE who voted for Willy Wonka !!!!
i like the movie Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Though i have to admit that the character of Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean was truely AMAZING and FUNNY...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
19.06.2008 - 15:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
He is brilliant in Charlie, because of the way he speaks. Its so entangling and you can't take you eyes off of him, because he takes you in.

Besides being very funny.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.06.2008 - 15:26
Black Winter
great! only me and another dude voted for Dean Corso in The Ninth Gate !
Anyway I like all his acts he's really that good
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
19.06.2008 - 20:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW you forgot Sevred Winmdow, werry good intelectual movie whit him
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.06.2008 - 22:42
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
A remake from an older movie, BTW.
----

22.06.2008 - 14:28
The Sleeper
I voted From Hell, just cause i like the movie so much. For me Johnny Depp is like Robert De Niro: i like him in every kind of act.
----
"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."
Bohdi - Point Break, 1991
27.06.2008 - 04:21
Evican
Ann O'War
He is one of the most talented and versatile actors and adapts to every character he is given. I voted Pirates though. He's also great in Sweeney Todd.

You also forgot "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?". He was great in that movie but I think Leonardo DiCaprio's performance outshined him a little.
28.06.2008 - 02:26
Candlemass
Defaeco
Raoul Duke(Fear & Loathing in LasVegas)
For sure
His a character the guy, in any of his movies.
03.07.2008 - 22:02
Infurnace
Jack Sparrow is definitely one of the best characters he's played. The way he talks in the movie is just awesome.
03.07.2008 - 23:48
Baz Anderson
Staff
I recently finally gave in and watched the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films.. and to my surprise I actually liked them..
I never really gave this Johnny Depp guy much of a chance past Edward Scissorhands.. I just despised the new "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" film and expected he would be such a twat-looking character everywhere else. Hahaha.
19.12.2010 - 16:49
JD
Account deleted
Inspector Frederick Abberline (From Hell), i also like his character in (Secret Window) but not in this poll so voted for IFA.
20.12.2010 - 13:26
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Most of his characters are awesome, but Lack Sparrow is just the best