Metal Storm logo
Johnny Depp

Original post

Posted by Sekhmet, 24.07.2006 - 13:16
I was thinking of going to the movies for Pirates of the Caribbean II and realised Johnny Depp was such a great actor that he deserved his own thread/poll The man is so telented he manages to fit in every role he plays, bringing eeriness and uniqueness to his characters.
And he's not bad-looking either

His association with Tim Burton has created some of the most beautiful movies like Edward Scissorhands, dark ones like Sleepy Hollow or funny ones like Charlie and the Chocolate Factor. He's also Victor's voice in the weird (yet wonderful) tale Corpse Bride.
He's still awesome in the role of a complete maniac in Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, or in the popular Pirates of the Caribbean (The first time Depp has portrayed the same character in more than one film)...

It may be hard to choose but I'd like to know which one of his characters do you prefer... My vote goes to Edward Scissorhands but I also love every other movie mentionned in this poll (except for The Ninth Gate which was rather average, and From Hell, disappointing if it wasn't for Depp's performance). You still have the "other" button for his less-known roles.

Poll

Which is your favourite Johnny Depp's character??

Jack Sparrow(Pirates of the Caribbean)
Edward Scissorhands
Raoul Duke(Fear & Loathing in LasVegas)
other
Inspector Frederick Abberline(From Hell)
Sir J. Matthew Barrie(Finding Neverland)
Ichabo Crane(Sleepy Hollow)
Dean Corso(The Ninth Gate)
Willy Wonka(Charlie & the Chocolate Fact

Total votes: 80
06.08.2006 - 03:57
Stigmatized
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.08.2006 at 05:12

- And the role he makes on Once Upon a Time in Mexico, can't remember teh name fo teh guy. He's fuckin hilarious! And a great gunman!

Sands I believe......(according to IMDB anyway ) That was a good role he did...I was a little suprised when they tore his eyes out though.
06.08.2006 - 05:50
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Stigmatized on 06.08.2006 at 03:57

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.08.2006 at 05:12

- And the role he makes on Once Upon a Time in Mexico, can't remember teh name fo teh guy. He's fuckin hilarious! And a great gunman!

Sands I believe......(according to IMDB anyway ) That was a good role he did...I was a little suprised when they tore his eyes out though.

I was not, after all, it's a Robert Rodriguez Movie, who is very infliuened by Quentin Tarantino. Poor sands, it hurt me when they tore his eyes out, but even like that he was a great gunman!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.08.2006 - 15:40
lordz
IzZo
I love this guy... he is so amazing
the guy can get into any role with no problem
24.08.2006 - 07:47
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i just returned from the movies and saw johnny deep acting at "the decadent"...i liked alot the character and the movie...he plays that kind of parts very well, i dont know but it seems it some way its the way he really is...have u seen that movie?? well, he acts amazingly well...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
24.08.2006 - 20:15
ASiema113
Depp was great in Fear from imaginary bats to giant lizards he put on such a convincable performance it's hard to belive that he in fact wasn't high when they shot the movie. A mastermind in my opinion and Secret Window was an intersesting movie he played in as well.
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
10.11.2007 - 07:45
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
definatley jack sparrow hes soo funny in tht movie
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
10.11.2007 - 15:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I say other because isnt he in 'Interwiew whit wamp'?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.12.2007 - 23:40
Oracle
Orcinus
Jack Sparrow. he is just hilarious and he makes the pirate movies really entertaining.

@K7: if you mean Interview with the vampire then no hes not in that movie.
27.12.2007 - 02:00
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
K7 is wrong again

hmmm as jack sparrow, dunno i think Depp haved some better roles then this one
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
27.12.2007 - 02:33
TDFX
I honestly can't pick, he was fucking awesome in all of them (well, minus Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Finding Neverland which I haven't seen).
----
Last.fm
27.12.2007 - 02:56
Damnated
Churchburner
in the first PotC he was brilliant, playing jazz all the time, but seeing that he does exactly the same in the sequel i was disappointed. i haven't seen the third part, but i can imagine that he does he's tricks all over again. he can reinvent himself, but he can't do it very often. apparently.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.12.2007 - 17:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I choose The inspector in the movie "From Hell"
I love that facking movie.. is awesome.. and he does an exelent job.

Hi is veriu good in the PotC, BUT IT'S THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.12.2007 - 17:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
"Edward Scissorhands" is one of my favourite movies. So damn beautiful and touching. The choice was easy! :
----
30.12.2007 - 16:00
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Gone for Edward Scissorhands, although as someone else has already stated he was quite amusing in Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

I'm looking forward to his performance in Sweeney Todd as well, just hope his singing isn't too bad! Something to look forward to in the new year.
----
This is an outrage...
08.01.2008 - 03:44
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Johnny Depp IS a good actor, yes, as a matter of fact, I apreciate that greatly in him. However, I get so sick of hearing girls "Oh, Johnny Depp he's soooooo hot! " because they are failing to recognize his talent and merely adore him for his looks, or if that isn't the case, that's at least the way it appears on the surface.
so...yeah, that's my thoughts on Johnny Depp.

By the way, I didn't vote, because I really just can't decide between Ichabod Crane and Jack Sparrow. It took good acting to play Ichabod, more so than Jack sparrow I believe, however, Jack Sparrow is so fucking Hillarious that I can't help but let that be a choice. I mean seriously, who doesn't think it's hillarious to watch a half drunken pirate lunatic try to decieve everyone he knows, only to inadvertantly put things in their natural order? it's great lol.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
08.01.2008 - 11:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i voted for Inspector Frederick Abberline because From Hell is damn great movie, but it is hard to choose just one, because Johnny Depp is one of the most talented actors ever (i even think only Tom Hanks is even better than him ) and every character he play is just genious
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.01.2008 - 08:24
Woutjinho
Account deleted
voted jack sparrow
although he's very good in Blow as well. biggest american cocain dealer, true story
09.01.2008 - 19:22
Hamird
Lieutenant
i voted for jack sparrow ... and also i like his performance in chokolate.
14.01.2008 - 00:36
siriuslyawesome9
Account deleted
I personally like Jack Sparrow the best. Though I haven't seen some of his other movies. Jack Sparrow just amuses me a lolt.
22.01.2008 - 10:23
Harmonic
Account deleted
Jack Sparrow. Unforgettable. Classic. Just not the third movie, please. Actually, just the first one, thank you very much.
24.01.2008 - 15:34
Abattoir
Staff
Jack Sparrow, for sure I think that he has rise himself with this character to the top of the all actress in the world. But anyway the most of movies where is Johnny Depp the main actor are realy great...especially the Pirates of the Caribbean of course.
30.01.2008 - 23:49
Bulletdodger
Johnny Depp is one of my favourite actors.
Raoul Duke is by my opinion his best (and funniest role) , man I just love that movie .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
31.01.2008 - 15:36
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
Definately Jack Sparrow but I loved him as Inspector Aberline and i have a real thing for studying up on serial killers, especially the Ripper case so i love the film and have it at home.

Jack Sparroe i love though, plus from a girlie point of view i fancy the pants off the character and kind of want to smoosh him together with Will to make my perfect man! hahaha
10.02.2008 - 03:00
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
I think he's overrated. It's just my opinion, but there's something about him in most of his films (the leading roles) that I just don't like. Edward Scissorhands is his best performance and best film, no contest. I enjoyed the first Pirates Of The Carribean but his "acting" in the sequels was laughable at best. I also thought he was good in Sleepy Hollow and when he's in a supportting role (Platoon), but apart from those few, I can't stand the guy.
25.02.2008 - 20:54
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Sweeney Todd, he was so great in this role and whole movie rocked..... this one role should be add on the poll
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
01.03.2008 - 20:25
belisarius
abberline: he's the perfect antihero in that movie i think
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
01.03.2008 - 20:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i love the guy, he's so crazy and cool you simply can't not like him somehow
05.03.2008 - 17:07
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
He's pretty good in Sweeny Todd as well...the man can even sing pretty decent, which I hadn't expected.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.03.2008 - 17:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by GT on 05.03.2008 at 17:07

He's pretty good in Sweeny Todd as well...the man can even sing pretty decent, which I hadn't expected.

But he did teh voice os Jack in "Nightmare Before Christmas" and he sings in that one too...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.03.2008 - 17:42
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.03.2008 at 17:40

Written by GT on 05.03.2008 at 17:07

But he did teh voice os Jack in "Nightmare Before Christmas" and he sings in that one too...

I haven't seen that movie so I didn't know...so it was still a surprise for me because the "singing" he does in Pirates doesn't count
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep