Metal Storm logo
Extreme Power Metal Tips

Original post

Posted by FeskarN, 14.11.2009 - 12:51
Looking for some good extreme power/melodic death metal bands. Similair to these bands: Wintersun, Norther, Kalmah, Children Of Bodom (old), Imperanon etc.
27.05.2012 - 00:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.05.2012 at 20:13
My mistake. I tend to coincide extreme power with melodeath.

These days they do have a lot of resemblance to each other, whereas legitimate melodic death metal (as in death metal bands that employ melodies) are becoming more scarce by the day.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.05.2012 - 12:07
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.05.2012 at 00:39

Written by Infernal Eternal on 26.05.2012 at 20:13
My mistake. I tend to coincide extreme power with melodeath.

These days they do have a lot of resemblance to each other, whereas legitimate melodic death metal (as in death metal bands that employ melodies) are becoming more scarce by the day.

Some may mix the two as well, which I suppose would add to the confusion.
03.06.2012 - 15:37
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I used to really be into extreme power metal, but idk it's kind of lost it's appeal to me. To find any extreme power metal band worth listening to today, it takes so much effort searching for a good band. It seems like back in the early- to mid-2000s all these extreme power bands were coming out of the woodwork and signing to fairly decent labels (Nuclear Blast, Century Media, etc) Now you hardly ever hear of a label signing that type of band.
18.12.2012 - 13:14
FeskarN

Here's a new band that I found some days ago. Nightland (chessy name) are they called and play extreme power metal ofc. The keyboard is quite similair to Norther back in the days and makes me think of power metal in general.

----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
18.12.2012 - 14:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Pretty good, although shitty vocals.
----
24.12.2012 - 01:07
Risto
Wandering Midget
MyGrain tends to get overlooked because of their silly name, but their self-titled album is excellent. It's my personal favourite out of what's considered thrashier Gothenburg (Soilwork etc.) and extreme power metal. The songs are intense, dark and varied to a point where I could argue they should be nowadays labeled under both of these genres.

31.12.2012 - 12:41
Dinruth

Written by Risto on 24.12.2012 at 01:07

MyGrain tends to get overlooked because of their silly name, but their self-titled album is excellent. It's my personal favourite out of what's considered thrashier Gothenburg (Soilwork etc.) and extreme power metal. The songs are intense, dark and varied to a point where I could argue they should be nowadays labeled under both of these genres.

hey that stuff sounds good!