Metal Storm logo
Dropkick Murphys

03.12.2009 - 21:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Irish-American punk band based in Massachusetts, USA...it is my newest discover outside metal and damn, i love their music i saw some people mentioned them in other topics, but why not to make topic of their own

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropkick_Murphys
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.12.2009 - 03:58
tulkas
el parcero
I've only listened to "The State of Massachusetts" because it was the theme song for Nitro Circus and I downloaded it. Other from that I haven't listened to anything, I actually wouldn't have known about them if it wasn't for show. Anyway, it is a great song
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
13.12.2009 - 07:36
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Ah yes, these guys are great...good fun at a bar or if you want to party...I saw them live and they're a hoot...
13.12.2009 - 07:58
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I know these guys...great guys. I stopped listening to them after "The Gangs all Here" though...Do or Die is by far their best album. I liked their current singer Al Barr better with the Bruisers. It's funny I used to play basketball with them at shows of 100 people and now every drunk irish fuck is at their shows. Although they've very popular now, they still have remained true and are awesome dudes.

As for the irish punk stuff/Flogging Molly is better musically IMO. Actually, the song "Black Friday Rule" by them had much influence on the new Ensiferum album.

Edit*Also Live on St. Patty's day is an amazing album. 10/10
----
Brujerizmo!
31.01.2010 - 08:48
Edible Autopsy
Damn good!

"Blackout" and "The Gang's All Here" rank high on my favourite albums list. If you dig Dropkick Murphys you'd probably like Flogging Molly as well (if you haven't already heard them).
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
12.02.2010 - 07:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Been a fan for a long time now. i think their best are "Do Or Die", and "Sing Loud, Sing Proud"... "Black Out" would probably take third place amongst their studio albums.

live the band is awesome, particularly the closer, "Skinhead on the MBTA" - which is always a big trainwreck. When i saw them on the "Blackout" tour, some 100 fans or so stormed the stage... the band kept playing while being 'crowdsurfed' around their own stage. was pretty awesome.

Shame Spicy McHaggis is no longer touring with them, dude saved my ass when i got dumped over a barricade... was about to land splat on my head when this massive forearm shot out from the blue, grabbed me, and yanked me on stage. thanks for the save.

also, you'll get a good reaction from the Reverend Ken Casey if you wear a B's Sweater to an 'away' gig.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.03.2011 - 17:07
Deadsoulman
Elite
I've just realized that they have a new album out. Gonna need a few days to get my hands on it. Anybody listened to it yet?
12.04.2011 - 07:08
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Deadsoulman on 31.03.2011 at 17:07

I've just realized that they have a new album out. Gonna need a few days to get my hands on it. Anybody listened to it yet?

definitely better than their last. not as good as the 90s/early 00's, but still good stuff.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.07.2011 - 19:42
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Are you kidding me? who doesn't love them ?

No seriously, they are a great band with tremendous talent. My favorite track is without a shadow of doubt "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" from The Warrior's Code album. Boy what a mind-boggling song! Even Jack Nicholson and Leonardo Dicaprio couldn't live up it its intensity in The Departed .

I love how they managed to brilliantly tie the celtic bagpiping war machine to punk and generate a sound of their own. Long live Dropkick Murphys, the punk racketeers !

Thanks for opening this thread btw .

EDIT: In my humble opinion, I don't think they belong really to the general music forum, the rock section would be more suitable for them, but not the best either.
23.07.2011 - 19:51
FinnishSammich
Awesome band. My favorite album is The Gang's All Here. I only have 3 of their albums because you can't get them anywhere in Finland, atleast in the town where I live
21.01.2012 - 20:49
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Dropkick Murphys are great! I love Celtic Punk.....the use of folk instruments blended with punk is ingenious.
"Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced" is by far one of the best drinking songs I've heard to this day!
I don't like how they made a song for the Boston Bruins though....
22.01.2012 - 03:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by [user id=160] on 21.01.2012 at 20:49

boo fucking hoo.

they are from Boston, love the Bruins, and the Bruins love them.
----

22.01.2012 - 03:31
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 22.01.2012 at 03:06

Written by [user id=160] on 21.01.2012 at 20:49

boo fucking hoo.

they are from Boston, love the Bruins, and the Bruins love them.

Yeah, I'm aware......I was just saying.
20.04.2012 - 19:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Great music. I love it, it goes perfect with a night of partying.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.04.2012 - 15:25
Branzig
One of the few "poppy" bands that I do enjoy.

Nothing like some Dropkick on St. Paddy's Day!
----
In Grind We Crust
27.06.2012 - 21:38
J:oKeR
Love them....im shiping up to boston is their best song, i like to listen to it while working out....it motivates me:)
----
Aaaaaaaaaa
02.07.2012 - 21:39
axelx666
Dropkick murphy's are awesome!

here: original version:

Children of bodom version:

btw if you like dropkick murphy's check out a band called flogging molly here:

KEEP IRISH PUNK ALIVE!
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
14.07.2012 - 07:08
Kanto
Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced was an anthem to me a few years ago. I listened to Blackout a few weeks ago, ...nice album, love the irish atmosphere lol
----
...Dude.
31.08.2012 - 00:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by axelx666 on 02.07.2012 at 21:39

if you like dropkick murphy's check out a band called flogging molly

agreed...in some ways they may be even better

but there is literally nothing, that can beat this:

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep