Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Dave Mustaine Posts A Sappy Update

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has issued the following long-winded and sappy update:

"I want to start with saying Merry Christmas to you all and I hope that you all have a wonderful, rewarding day. Anyway, I went to go get a Coronary Calcium Cat scan or in other words, a heart scan, and I have good news! They found one!!

All kidding aside, I had my heart scan done and my score was a mind blowing zero. This means that I have 0% plaque in my heart and my mom died from congestive heart failure, and that stuff is hereditary I hear, so I was worried.

I am so stoked about the result and I owe it to my family, band mates, and my advisors and handlers for inspiring me to get better, to be better, and to stay better. I can't tell you how much my team, even the label have really supported me and helped me understand what we can and cannot do, instead of what "I" can't do.

Believe it or not even the media and the press, both positive or negative have been instrumental in helping me become a better person. There have been a lot of life's lessons I haven't been able to learn until recently, but I can tell you I have NEVER felt this good in my 48 years of life on this planet.

Hell, some stuff can be changed and some can't. I just need to be smart enough to know which is which. My manager Mark has mentored me in a business that is constantly changing (he was very instrumental in helping make the Big Four happen - for that, my hat and prolly several thousand other's hats are off to you). Funny thing is that I have been praying hard that I would be friends with the guys in SLAYER again, and METALLICA too. Is it just me or does it seem like some prayers have been answered?

Now, I am just praying that all of the fans around the entire globe will get to see this tour. Personally, I wish we would hit every single country and every major city. That would rule!!!

One last thing and I will let ya go for Christmas. You are going to want to read this, if you have even read this far.

I have a friend who is a very successful and wise businessman. Yes, he is one of the 7 1/2 friends.

Anyway, he told me that he wants to know if he can have a contest for his company and run it through TheLiveLine. I said, "Certainly!" because TLL is running a contest for me now for a brand new signature Dave Mustaine Marshall 1960 DM-A or 1960 DM-B 4 x 12" speaker cabinet, and a contest for King Of The Ring (a Martial Arts company) to have a fly-away to Okinawa, Japan.

I said, 'Whatcha got on yer mind?'

And he said . . .

'I want to put up travel, hotels, tickets and passes, and some mad money for two 18-plus year olds, from anywhere in the world, to go with Megadeth to one of the Big Four shows. Is this doable, because I would go along to make sure everything is cool.'

I said, 'Are you out of your mind?'

He just stone faced me. He was dead serious.

So, Scott Holmen (my company representative from TLL), my very dear friend who shall remain nameless until I get his permission (whom I'm sure you will all meet by way of internet - prolly by the next time I talk to him) are going to figure out the details and will be launching this sucka by or before NAMM.

He will also have a booth at NAMM for you to fill out registration forms or whatev! I don't know how to run contests, so I may have some of this stuff wrong, I just know how be the prize (or the boobie prize some times hehehe!).

In closing, thank you once again for helping me have a great year, to grow in stature and in success, to thirst for truth, and to hunger for humility (Sadly, I keep upchucking this last one every once in a while!)."

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 27.12.2009 by jupitreas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 35   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 377 users
27.12.2009 - 15:37
Magatouve
Account deleted
I read it quickly, and I didn't get the point! Will read it carefully later I have so much work to do, or if anybody can summarise it for me!
27.12.2009 - 15:50
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Lol
27.12.2009 - 16:07
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 27.12.2009 at 15:37
I read it quickly, and I didn't get the point! Will read it carefully later I have so much work to do, or if anybody can summarise it for me!
Dave sounds like a gushing, ultra-pious Miley Cyrus for several paragraphs starting with the fact she cleared a heart scan despite some family history, mentions a couple of competitions around the middle and the end, and misspells booby. That's it

I agree with this news title but it wouldn't really be approved for any other band submission, would it? Just sayin'...

"Now, I am just praying that all of the fans around the entire globe will get to see this tour. Personally, I wish we would hit every single country and every major city. That would rule!!!" What about the minor cities? Dick!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
27.12.2009 - 16:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Quote:
Now, I am just praying that all of the fans around the entire globe will get to see this tour. Personally, I wish we would hit every single country and every major city. That would rule!!!

Certainly. Mad $$$$ for Mr. Mustaine.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.12.2009 - 16:35
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
"Funny thing is that I have been praying hard that I would be friends with the guys in SLAYER again, and METALLICA too. Is it just me or does it seem like some prayers have been answered?"

as I know your fans doesnt like metallica, at least a lot of them. so its a bad news for them, but liked this really friendly talk. you cant imagine somthin like this by James for example!
27.12.2009 - 16:36
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Metal Maiden on 27.12.2009 at 15:50

Lol

have you read the FAQ?

http://www.metalstorm.ee/home/faq.php?chapter_id=1
27.12.2009 - 17:12
Stalker
Lone wanderer
So they are doing world tours again, or what??
----
27.12.2009 - 17:18
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Guest on 27.12.2009 at 16:36

Lol

have you read the FAQ?

As a matter of fact, I have...Always found interesting the part about spamming...You know, the one that mentions you should stick to the topic at hand...
27.12.2009 - 17:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Ehm okay... good for you Dave!
----
27.12.2009 - 21:47
Symmachus
It was nice reading that; it seems that things are going well for Dave Mustaine.
27.12.2009 - 22:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Metal Maiden on 27.12.2009 at 17:18

Written by Guest on 27.12.2009 at 16:36

Lol

have you read the FAQ?

As a matter of fact, I have...Always found interesting the part about spamming...You know, the one that mentions you should stick to the topic at hand...

FLAWLESS VICTORY.

Anyways, I hope I have a chance to win this contest, because I sure as hell would not dish out money for that concert...at least the amount that they are probably going to be charging.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.12.2009 - 22:27
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Seeing Metalica with Dave. That would seem like a weird dream.
27.12.2009 - 23:21
sbgmetal
So whats the point of posting this up as news?? i mean it almost feels like its trying to diss on dave...
28.12.2009 - 00:22
I didn't get a word !!!!!!!!!!!!
28.12.2009 - 01:45
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Written by sbgmetal on 27.12.2009 at 23:21

So whats the point of posting this up as news?? i mean it almost feels like its trying to diss on dave...

Agreed on both points, but dave deserves it. I mean.... seriously.... I think he is posting this as "news" and that just shows how deep down of a self-indulgent douche he is. always was better than metallica though. See Lars Ulrich and his pompous attitude for example.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
28.12.2009 - 01:46
thesabbathfan
The hell was the point of all that?
----
28.12.2009 - 02:00
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Hahaha, I think Mustaine is a cool dude...just like...a little...different :-D
----
Brujerizmo!
28.12.2009 - 04:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Glad to see that he is alright if that was what the point of that was...
28.12.2009 - 06:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
He's just getting more and more obnoxious. Before, I'd only notice random postings by him and they seemed fine, but the last three or so years he seems to write every day and it's goddamn annoying.
28.12.2009 - 06:42
selken
Irreligious
Dudes, I got confused/too lazy to get to the end, is he releasing a new album? splitting megadeth? preparing a tour? or something? something we can rescue from such a delirium?
----
28.12.2009 - 07:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 27.12.2009 at 16:35

"Funny thing is that I have been praying hard that I would be friends with the guys in SLAYER again, and METALLICA too. Is it just me or does it seem like some prayers have been answered?"

as I know your fans doesnt like metallica, at least a lot of them. so its a bad news for them,

Ya know, in my experience, Megadeth fans generally tend to be alot more open when it comes to listening to both bands. It's normally the metallica fans who I hear say "Metallica is the BEST BAND EVER! AND MEGADETH SUCKS!!!11"
It's just that us Megadeth fans recognize that Metallica sold out first, and has yet to come back to any kind of a true sound, as opposed to megadeth, who are definitly able to say that they have redeemed themselves, at least in terms of sound....that being said, dave is definitly not innocent nor is he lacking of an ego. And yeah, this news update was completely pointless.

Dear Dave, if you are not in ill health then good, but there was no need to announce it. You're not in a potentially life threatening situation like dio, so don't annoy us.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
28.12.2009 - 09:52
Keiheji
I think the big news out of this was in reference to the upcoming contest to see the big 4 bands...wonder if metallica and megadeth would share the same stage? ...that would be interesting
28.12.2009 - 09:59
sbgmetal
Written by ItalktotheWind on 28.12.2009 at 01:45

Written by sbgmetal on 27.12.2009 at 23:21

Agreed on both points, but dave deserves it. I mean.... seriously.... I think he is posting this as "news" and that just shows how deep down of a self-indulgent douche he is. always was better than metallica though. See Lars Ulrich and his pompous attitude for example.

what i actually meant is why is this making metalstorm news?
28.12.2009 - 10:24
STEELER
DAMN DRUGS!!!!!!:wall:
28.12.2009 - 11:29
Dark Seraphim
I think someone had too much "festive cheer". I like dave but he doesn't half speak some shite.
28.12.2009 - 12:06
DrM
DreaMutilated
Written by Arian Totalis on 28.12.2009 at 07:16

Written by Guest on 27.12.2009 at 16:35

as I know your fans doesnt like metallica, at least a lot of them. so its a bad news for them,

Ya know, in my experience, Megadeth fans generally tend to be alot more open when it comes to listening to both bands. It's normally the metallica fans who I hear say "Metallica is the BEST BAND EVER! AND MEGADETH SUCKS!!!11"
It's just that us Megadeth fans recognize that Metallica sold out first, and has yet to come back to any kind of a true sound, as opposed to megadeth, who are definitly able to say that they have redeemed themselves, at least in terms of sound....that being said, dave is definitly not innocent nor is he lacking of an ego. And yeah, this news update was completely pointless.

Amen brother!
Agree with every word you just said (as a die hard Megadeth fan) accept for the ego part - I know that the size of Dave's ego could substitute our moon once it detaches from earth in a few million years, but I do think that he is trying to amend his ways. As little as it says I haven't heard of any new controversy regarding him lately...

Is it really any news? Not really, but do one really expect rattling and bombastic announcements every time one opens his mouth?
In my opinion it is nice to get an update from him nonetheless, as opposed to other bands who can just leave us guessing for years with no actual status updates.
29.12.2009 - 10:46
DrM
DreaMutilated
Written by Irritable Ted on 28.12.2009 at 13:36

Why does any Megadeth, Metallica debate always lead to fanboyism.

Because people always have to be right, and I guess being a "fanboy" of a single band makes one overprotective of his precious favorite musicians...
And as a regular listener (I deliberately don't use the word "fan") of both bands, I just can't figure why can't people just enjoy music anymore... This isn't about pulling ranks if I'm not mistaken.
29.12.2009 - 11:16
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Oh well, at least he didn't wake up thinking Kabbalah, Kabbalah, Kabbalah.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.12.2009 - 11:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Promonex on 29.12.2009 at 11:16

Oh well, at least he didn't wake up thinking Kabbalah, Kabbalah, Kabbalah.

He already had an epiphany of that kind years ago when he woke up thinking "Christ died for my sins, Christ died for my sins, Christ died for my sins"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.12.2009 - 12:43
frankeli
Account deleted
Bravo Dave .... that is if these are your words .... but I tend to believe they are ... anyway, Bravo Dave

Hits total: 4856 | This month: 10