Metal Storm logo
Get Thrashed

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 24.01.2010 - 21:29
Recently I watched "Get Thrashed" movie for the second time, its a very nice movie when you compare it with other
metal movies as for example "A Headbanger's Journey". But there are some little mistakes in this movie in my opinion.
When we are talking about Thrash metal we cant ignore bands like Sepultura or Testament for sure. But in this movie
they talk near by 10 minutes about Sulicidal Tendencies and they dont talk about Testament and Sepultura as its needed.
They talk about Pantera which is not a Pure Thrash metal but dont give a minute to Flotsam And Jetsam and Testament. All in all
this is my own opinion, just wanted to know what you all other thrash fans think about it? which is more importnat
in thrash metal? Sepultura, Testament, Pantera, Flotsam And Jetsam or Suicidal Tendencies?

PS 1:this is the third Poll about the same thing (it was my fault ppl, sorry I was drunk!)

PS 2: special thanks to Wrathchild who gave back my right to open the poll again and again

Poll

Which is more important in movement of thrash metal?

Testament
Seplutura
Pantera
Suicidal Tendencies
Flotsam And Jetsam

Total votes: 84
25.01.2010 - 22:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Got it. typical TBG thread.

extol the virtues of anyone who agrees with his point of view.

if someone posts an idea he does not agree with (even if they are correct), go off on some completely incoherent oddball tangent that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.01.2010 - 22:40
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by Guest on 25.01.2010 at 22:12

As Rap-core is metal, korn is metal and they were influenced a lot of bands but metal ppl just dont like them so much.

Rap-core is not metal and Korn is not rap-core. Korn is nu-metal, albeit the term was given to them retroactively since they were usually called alternative metal, funk metal or even death metal back in the mid 90s when they first became popular.

These are FACTS. The poll in the first post is stupid since ST being more influential on thrash than the other bands is a FACT, it is not something that can be debated. This whole thread is dumb and moronic since its like discussing "which one of these is more of a rock: a. pillow b. napkin c. vodka d. granite"
25.01.2010 - 22:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2010 at 01:08

Slayer and Anthrax have done more for rap metal with their co-operations than ST.

LOL Slayer did a rap metal tune? i want to hear that, Araya rapping must be pretty funny
25.01.2010 - 22:42
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 25.01.2010 at 22:33

Ive already felt like adding some more schooling to this thread a few times but the more I read, the more it seems useless. Seems like such things as reason, logic, facts and analysis by real experts simply do not matter to our dear The_Black_Dog...

no you are wrong, I just say my opinion but staff cant take it! I opened a thread they locked it (this is the same thread)

you said Experts, Mustaine is one of those experts, if he was made this movie now all of your friends would talk about Great 5 it seems. ppl just take each others back over here my friend. they are bitching me more than try to convince me!

I cant worship anything, I dont worship Get Thrashed, this is my fault! god knows how many parts of this movie has cut cause the director didnt like it. this is a human not a goddess or god, he shows his own view and I think if this movie doesnt exist no one would say that Suicidal Tendencies are more important than Testament or Sepultura, not just in Thrash metal in whole of metal I mean.
25.01.2010 - 22:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 25.01.2010 at 22:41

Slayer and Anthrax have done more for rap metal with their co-operations than ST.

LOL Slayer did a rap metal tune? i want to hear that, Araya rapping must be pretty funny

Check out the Judgement Night sountrack where Slayer team up with Ice T
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 22:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 25.01.2010 at 22:42

Ive already felt like adding some more schooling to this thread a few times but the more I read, the more it seems useless. Seems like such things as reason, logic, facts and analysis by real experts simply do not matter to our dear The_Black_Dog...

no you are wrong, I just say my opinion but staff cant take it! I opened a thread they locked it (this is the same thread)

you said Experts, Mustaine is one of those experts, if he was made this movie now all of your friends would talk about Great 5 it seems. ppl just take each others back over here my friend. they are bitching me more than try to convince me!

I cant worship anything, I dont worship Get Thrashed, this is my fault! god knows how many parts of this movie has cut cause the director didnt like it. this is a human not a goddess or god, he shows his own view and I think if this movie doesnt exist no one would say that Suicidal Tendencies are more important than Testament or Sepultura, not just in Thrash metal in whole of metal I mean.

You really were at the end of the line when God handed out brains, weren't you.

FACT Suicidal Tendencies were more important for metal as a whole than either Sepultura or Testament. Testament were never of any importance at all. At least Sepultura was important for getting Brazil on the map.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 22:44
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 25.01.2010 at 22:40

Written by Guest on 25.01.2010 at 22:12

As Rap-core is metal, korn is metal and they were influenced a lot of bands but metal ppl just dont like them so much.

Rap-core is not metal and Korn is not rap-core. Korn is nu-metal, albeit the term was given to them retroactively since they were usually called alternative metal, funk metal or even death metal back in the mid 90s when they first became popular.

These are FACTS. The poll in the first post is stupid since ST being more influential on thrash than the other bands is a FACT, it is not something that can be debated. This whole thread is dumb and moronic since its like discussing "which one of these is more of a rock: a. pillow b. napkin c. vodka d. granite"

when it comes to Rap-core rap metal nu metal or such things I dont have good answers cause Im blind about them I didnt hear them and I consider them as No Metal. so maybe Im wrong about it.
25.01.2010 - 22:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Yes you are WRONG and have been wrong all along.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 22:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Guest on 25.01.2010 at 22:31

and one of those kids is Mustaine who is not agree with you he says grate 5 cause he knows better than you! post it as a funny stuff for Marcel who seems so weak nowadays.

Mustaine says it should have been 5. I didn't coin the phrase "The Big Four" or "The Big Four of Thrash" - it was coined decades ago by someone else and stuck. It is a grouping that specifically refers to four bands - Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer. It was based upon size of following, popularity, and albums sold.

It very specifically refers to that group of bands.

Just like "The Big Three" in regards to US automaking refers to GM, Chrysler, and Ford. It doesn't matter if Toyota sells more cars in 2010 than Chrysler does... or more people like Toyota than Chrysler, "The Big Three" will still refer to Chrysler, Ford, and GM.

It doesn't matter what anyone now thinks about who should or shouldn't be in it.

And while there is no getting anything through your thick skull, as you simply only take in what agrees with your point of view, but maybe some other individual who doesn't know better might walk away from this thread a little smarter and more educated than they did upon clicking on it.

Then again, with the sheer number of posts and responses you have made, it's more likely that anyone visiting this thread will have been dumber (word choice intentional and ironic) for it.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.01.2010 - 22:46
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2010 at 22:43

Written by Guest on 25.01.2010 at 22:42

You really were at the end of the line when God handed out brains, weren't you.

FACT Suicidal Tendencies were more important for metal as a whole than either Sepultura or Testament. Testament were never of any importance at all. At least Sepultura was important for getting Brazil on the map.

when someone cant respect others then he is an idiot when someone cant hear opposite opinions then he is more than a idiot; you forced me to like you in the end sorry.
25.01.2010 - 22:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

it wasn't rap metal - Ice T (also of Body Count) teamed up with Slayer to record a (then) slightly modernized medley of Exploited classics.

Disorder

incidentally, that track could be considered Crossover... given Exploited were Hard Core Punk.
----

25.01.2010 - 22:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 25.01.2010 at 22:46

when someone cant respect others then he is an idiot when someone cant hear opposite opinions then he is more than a idiot;

wow, you finally looked in the mirror.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 22:50
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2010 at 22:48

Written by Guest on 25.01.2010 at 22:46

when someone cant respect others then he is an idiot when someone cant hear opposite opinions then he is more than a idiot;

wow, you finally looked in the mirror.

I showed you the mirror cause its you and your friends who locks normal polls and threads (cant face the turth) cause its you who cant control himself and delete a poll which Wrathchild has posts in it, its you who call me with your rude words and your friends. sorry Marcel you can just rule in Virtual places Im sure about it.
26.01.2010 - 00:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Virtual Palace...I think I'm going to start a power metal band with that name.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.01.2010 - 00:47
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 26.01.2010 at 00:45

Virtual Palace...I think I'm going to start a power metal band with that name.

use it as your new sig.
26.01.2010 - 03:00
ferencziffra
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2010 at 21:50

Written by ferencziffra on 25.01.2010 at 21:47

The Black God, finally! You're my man. Fully support you about Testament, about shitty crossover, about Anthrax not sounding thrash, and all that shit. Testament deserve to be on the Big 4, not Anthrax.

The big 4 is all about sales in the eighties early nineties... so Testament have no place to be on there. Testament were followers not originators unlike the big four.

Oh yeah, and based on charts and sales Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey are better than Sepultura, or Testament, or Slayer, or you name it. Ridiculous.
26.01.2010 - 03:04
ferencziffra
Written by BitterCOld on 25.01.2010 at 22:19

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2010 at 21:50

Written by ferencziffra on 25.01.2010 at 21:47

The Black God, finally! You're my man. Fully support you about Testament, about shitty crossover, about Anthrax not sounding thrash, and all that shit. Testament deserve to be on the Big 4, not Anthrax.

The big 4 is all about sales in the eighties early nineties... so Testament have no place to be on there. Testament were followers not originators unlike the big four.

i think we waste our time. too many kids are too fucking stupid and do not understand what "The Big Four" is/were and never will grasp it.

From now on, whenever anyone spouts that "Band A" should be out of the Big Four, and "Band B" should be in, i am just going to quote them in the "metalheads are teh smart" thread.

Since when am I not allowed to post my personal opinion?
26.01.2010 - 03:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ferencziffra on 26.01.2010 at 03:04

Since when am I not allowed to post my personal opinion?

The Big Four are not based on personal opinion. The Big Four being Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax is a pure fact, Saying that for example Testament or Exodus should be part of it is like saying World War Two should be called World War One.
Btw if any band was to be added to the four thus making it the big five it should be Exodus cause they are infitely more inluential than Testament.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 03:12
ferencziffra
Oh and by the way, for all of you that bitch about my words, I'll translate:

I prefer Testament to Anthrax a million times, and no, I don't think they brought anything entirely new to thrash and metal as a whole. I like Anthrax too, and if sales define what ppl should call the BIG *N* of anything - well, it just shows how degraded they are. What matters in the end is music, not platinum albums.
26.01.2010 - 03:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ferencziffra on 26.01.2010 at 03:12

I prefer Testament to Anthrax a million times, and no, I don't think they brought anything entirely new to thrash and metal as a whole. I like Anthrax too, and if sales define what ppl should call the BIG *N* of anything - well, it just shows how degraded they are. What matters in the end is music, not platinum albums.

The Big Four were the biggest thrash and most influential thrash bands. Most sales, most fans, most influence. You might like some generic thrash band more no problems there but that doesn't make the generic band amongst the originators.
Anthrax did birng loads of new things to thrash whereas Testament didn't, and that is a pure fact. Anthrax brought fun, having a good time, skateboards, experimenting by woking with artists from outside of thrash etc etc etc. And what did Testament bring? Oh yeah... just one and half great thrash albums....
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 03:22
ferencziffra
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:19

The Big Four were the biggest thrash and most influential thrash bands. Most sales, most fans, most influence. You might like some generic thrash band more no problems there but that doesn't make the generic band amongst the originators.
Anthrax did birng loads of new things to thrash whereas Testament didn't, and that is a pure fact. Anthrax brought fun, having a good time, skateboards, experimenting by woking with artists from outside of thrash etc etc etc. And what did Testament bring? Oh yeah... just one and half great thrash albums....

Agreed with you there...
..except for the last part. IMO, Testament doesn't really have a weak album, maybe different style merging in a few of them - but generally still thrash. You can't deny the fact that Metallica, or Anthrax have gone quite far from what they were initially, can you?
26.01.2010 - 03:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ferencziffra on 26.01.2010 at 03:22

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:19

Agreed with you there...
..except for the last part. IMO, Testament doesn't really have a weak album, maybe different style merging in a few of them - but generally still thrash. You can't deny the fact that Metallica, or Anthrax have gone quite far from what they were initially, can you?

Testament still play thrash true. But are we any the wiser with their new albums, imo nope. They lost it halfway through The New Order. Tried to become big like Metallica with Practice What You Preach and Souls Of Black and then went to a heavier sound cause that was popular at the time. No weak albums? Well Practice and Souls are actually very very very weak albums as is The Formation Of Damnation.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 03:31
ferencziffra
Souls of Black, no matter how much people dislike or underrate, imo is one of their best albums. Same thing about The New Order. Practice is weaker, true. Are you saying Slayer or Anthrax lyrics make you wiser as opposed to Testament (or, say, Metallica) lyrics??
26.01.2010 - 03:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ferencziffra on 26.01.2010 at 03:31

Souls of Black, no matter how much people dislike or underrate, imo is one of their best albums. Same thing about The New Order. Practice is weaker, true. Are you saying Slayer or Anthrax lyrics make you wiser as opposed to Testament (or, say, Metallica) lyrics??

I don't ive a fuck about lyrics. But if I did Anthrax's lyrics are generally much better imo than Testament's
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 03:41
ferencziffra
Well, I don't pay that much attention either. Anyway, everyone's entitled to have their own opinion
26.01.2010 - 03:47
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Anthrax influenced more than Testament but Testament sold more and have more fans. just dont know about 80's 90's or whatever but its a fact that ppl like Testament more than Anthrax. I dont believe in any big. what was new about Megadeth for example? Testament is like Megadeth nothing new but why we cant understand it? cause they dont call it Big? cause they dont show it in get thrashed? why the hell? this is all ridiculous. we had an almost 2:30 minutes movie and we dont talk a minute about Testament then we realize that wow what the fuck we did man, then we create a special features. ty well done!
26.01.2010 - 03:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by ferencziffra on 26.01.2010 at 03:41

Well, I don't pay that much attention either. Anyway, everyone's entitled to have their own opinion

but someone thinks that you had to be there in 80's to have an opinion and when you say: "my opinion is this", they say its a fact its the history! we have a lot of wrong histories, ppl write histories and they write as they want. I dont say all of history is wrong but something is missing sometimes and thats why Mustaine says big 5 and for me you can say big 20 or say just big one, cause it was metallica who started thrash and all of others were just followers. or you can say I dont believe in anything which media wants to brainwash me with it.
26.01.2010 - 05:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
The movie was based on the thrash movement of the 80's/very early 90's. Anthrax was by far bigger than Testament or Exodus.

THE BIG FOUR was the term coined to describe Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer. It is not an arbitrary term to describe the four thrash bands, it was a term that very specifically created to describe those four, as the were the biggest, most influential, and wielded the most clout. And yes, album sales certainly were a major factor as well. (oh, new guy, The Big Four is short for The Big Four Of Thrash, which pretty much nullifies your michael jackson suggestion)... Those specific four bands, just as "Brangelina" is Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and not just any brad/angelina couple . It is very specific. It's a Thrash "Brand Name". I am not sure why people have such a hard time wrapping their heads around this concept... but the fact that scores of you cannot is a clear sign that metal heads are not nearly as smart as they like to think they are.

That is it. Case closed.

Opinions as to which bands are better than one another are fine.

Opinions as to which bands deserve to be in the Big Four are useless. They don't matter. The term was coined and was in popular use.

The Big Four is still Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer. It just doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks.
----

26.01.2010 - 12:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Yes Im agree that no one can change the big four, its a term for those bands and I think its not a problem anyway. but ferencziffra tries to say that he likes Testament more than Anthrax or whatever, he thinks it was Testament's right to be there, he dont say: I want to change the history.
26.01.2010 - 15:27
Written by BitterCOld on 25.01.2010 at 22:48

it wasn't rap metal - Ice T (also of Body Count) teamed up with Slayer to record a (then) slightly modernized medley of Exploited classics.

Disorder

incidentally, that track could be considered Crossover... given Exploited were Hard Core Punk.

Man listen Threshold and some songs from Diabolus In Musica those songs are Rap based metal NO Doubts.

I think Exodus would be the 5 big, they were from the first wave with Metallica and Slayer but they were sooooo involved in parties and debauchery that they recorded their debut 2 years after Metallica, Anthrax and Slayer did. Megadeth is in the big 4 cause Mustaine was in Metallica and let's face it Megadeth is awsome. hehe