Metal Storm logo
What turned you into a Metal Head?

26.03.2010 - 19:39
Bleed4Metal
I was never really into music as a kid. Than my uncles gave me some old school metal albums (Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera) and ever since its been metal through and through.
27.03.2010 - 12:28
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Nothing "turns" you into a metal head. Its predisposed. Just a personality trait in my opinion and whether you will like it or not is completely inherent. I listened to pretty crap music during the early 90's...stuff like Bush or Oasis, simply because at that time I had never been exposed to metal or I knew nobody who liked metal. Once I did I was hooked and thats the end of that.
27.03.2010 - 14:28
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Two words Iron Maiden, Metallica
27.03.2010 - 14:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Listening to "Nightwish - Ghost Love Score"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.03.2010 - 15:02
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Powerslavex on 27.03.2010 at 14:28

Those are three words actually.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.03.2010 - 03:01
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Elio on 27.03.2010 at 15:02

Written by Powerslavex on 27.03.2010 at 14:28

Those are three words actually.

two names
28.03.2010 - 06:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My older sister is a very dark depressing goth who wears a lot of black and chains and O-rings and whatnot...she was always listening to stuff like Manson, NIN, Tool and Metallica when I was growing up...and Black Sabbath which she got from my dad who is a pretty crazy fucker...my dad always likes to party and go crazy and would always put on Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, etc...back in the day...same with my mom...so basically I was turned into a metalhead by default...a couple of crazy kids back in the 70s who would smoke pot and drink and go to metal shows bring into the world metal kids cut from the same cloth so its in my blood to be a metalhead...
28.03.2010 - 17:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
How interesting, Kap.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.03.2010 - 18:12
Roro
Hated someone
28.03.2010 - 19:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
My ex-step-brother whois 7 years older than me. Back when He was 14... I was that little brother that always does what his big bro did. We had a great time when he showed to me what metal sounded like... I loved it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.03.2010 - 21:08
My dad had led zeppelin records , and my uncle had uriah heep records...
from then on there was no stopping anymore...
then came the 80's and it was maiden and motorhead .
and i haven't stopped yet !
29.03.2010 - 00:54
whatsacow
I was into all that gay nu metal crap, then i heard tool, which lead my onto opeth, then cynic, then a whole heap of other awesome metal bands just flooded in after that.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
29.03.2010 - 01:46
soadbyob
Account deleted
My whole live my mom listented to a lot of Metallica and Pantera, and Nirvana and Pearl Jam on the side so I was already prone to heavier music, but it was summer of 05, I just turned 13 and I heard BYOB by System Of A Down, fell in love instantly, gradually grew into harder and harder metal, but thats where it all started.
29.03.2010 - 15:57
SerratedSyringe
Written by Guest on 29.03.2010 at 01:46

My whole live my mom listented to a lot of Metallica and Pantera, and Nirvana and Pearl Jam on the side so I was already prone to heavier music, but it was summer of 05, I just turned 13 and I heard BYOB by System Of A Down, fell in love instantly, gradually grew into harder and harder metal, but thats where it all started.

That's interesting; I know several people who originally got into metal because of that very song.

For me I think it started from playing video games like Need for Speed and Midnight Club. They have soundtracks that play as you're driving and a lot of the songs are metal. That's how I found out about Static-X, Mastodon and Avenged Sevenfold. Now I still listen to static-X and Mastodon sporadically but not so much Avenged Sevenfold.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
29.03.2010 - 16:01
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by SerratedSyringe on 29.03.2010 at 15:57

Written by Guest on 29.03.2010 at 01:46

That's interesting; I know several people who originally got into metal because of that very song.

For me I think it started from playing video games like Need for Speed and Midnight Club. They have soundtracks that play as you're driving and a lot of the songs are metal. That's how I found out about Static-X, Mastodon and Avenged Sevenfold. Now I still listen to static-X and Mastodon sporadically but not so much Avenged Sevenfold.

Yes, exactly. I remember playing Duke Nukem and a freind of mine showed me Megadeth doing a cover of the theme song
29.03.2010 - 16:07
TheBigRossowski
...Satan. *sips wine*
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
29.03.2010 - 19:47
I_Die_Often
I have to say it is just me, it is what I am programed to listen to. My parents didn't listen to anything harsh or into the occult or anything.
My parents were boring people. Can't blame my older brother, he is in pastorial studies -
I am me, this is my music - period!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
29.03.2010 - 21:51
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
I used to listen to radio puke like Disturbed and Godsmack, and then my best friend threw in Megadeth one night while we were drivin' around. Changed my life. I started playing guitar, and listened to nothing but metal from that point on.
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
01.04.2010 - 23:07
caimanjosh
I think the impetus (or "blame" if you were a mainstream person who didn't like metal) would be 2 things for me: Metallica, and Pandora.

First, Metallica: a friend of mine got their Load album back when we were in high school. We thought it was pretty cool, so then he went and got TBA also. That, we thought, was even better. So there was my intro to metal. After that, I didn't hear a lot of metal, just mostly the semi-tripe that was on the radio, so my interest in metal languished for a long time.

Fast-forward 12 years or so..

I'd been feeling like I was stuck in a musical rut for some time. On a lark, I decided to try Pandora (internet radio) to see if I could find some new music I liked. I started with Metallica as a seed, added a few hard rock bands, and listened for a while. After a couple of weeks, I realized the songs I really liked were the metal songs. (And also realized that I still couldn't stand Godsmack, Korn, etc...and found out that there was a term for this sort of stuff that I didn't like: nu-metal.) Anyways, I figured it was just a phase I was going through.

After a few more months of still lovin' the metal songs and not really having much interest in other stuff (except a little classical), I realized: I'm a metalhead!

So that's my story. Hope ya'll enjoyed.
02.04.2010 - 09:59
Oracle
Orcinus
I remember as a kid i used to like more of the heavier music. Also my mum likes Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath etc and i remember i used to always listen to Black Sabbath alot, i think i was about 8 or 9. When I was about 15 i wasn't really into music that much until i heard a friend from school listening to Metallica and then i started to really get into metal and i kept buying metal magazines to discover more bands and then my taste in metal grew
I guess if it wasn't for my mum and my friend, i probably wouldn't be listening to metal today.
02.04.2010 - 17:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Sixth grade Dutch primary school in Singapore 1979 this kid had just arrived from The Netherlands and was nuts about Kiss, Van Halen, AC/DC, Motorhead, Scorpions, Budgie and he played me I Was Made For Loving You and I was sold from the first second I heard that intro bass.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.04.2010 - 18:38
Mikyz
Well 6 years ago I use to listen to punk rock and MTV crap... (gotta begin somewhere ) On the side, I used to listen to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Scorpions and Deep Purple, back then I thought that they were awesome but I didn't dig deeper I just kept at it for 2 years (same albums) >.< Then my new neighbor came along, he was not a metalhead or anything, he just listened to random shit. One heavenly night he made me listen to System of a Down - Toxicity and I was like WTF? I got instantly hooked and then gradually the stuff I listen to got heavier and crazier. So even I listened to Iron Maiden, Metallica... ultimately it's SOAD that got me into metal and their first two albums are of course among my favorite albums of all time. XD
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
02.04.2010 - 20:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Back in 2001, 11 years old, sixth grade. I had just moved closer to Stockholm, met new friends and one of them showed me the Rock in Rio version of Iron Maiden's "Fear of the Dark", after that I was just hooked.
But I grew up with rock and metal. I have a mom who always plays Judas Priest, AC/DC, Queen, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard, Kiss, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin...
And my dad has always been a Rush fanboy.
----
03.04.2010 - 22:32
kyleistkrieg
I grew up listening to classic rock, mixed in with some glam metal growing up, then one day, heard Iron Maiden, and this changed my life.
04.04.2010 - 23:36
Krachyon
Account deleted
Written by TheBigRossowski on 29.03.2010 at 16:07

...Satan. *sips wine*

This Devil and Ghaal welcome you in their club.

Oddly enough for me it started with Finntroll. I came by them while browsing through a friend's music collection and thought they were the most fucked up thing I've ever heard but somehow found them fascinating. I got interested in Ensiferum and Korpiklaani while searching the web for similar stuff, but couldn't quite get into them and decided not to try getting to like something more "noisy", let alone become a metalhead. Then I stumbled upon In Flames and at that point it all went to hell. I decided to fuck my latter resolve and explore that shit deeper. Then I started growing my hair long.
The End?
11.04.2010 - 22:04
edoolin111
I turned into a metal this morning, when I looked in the mirror and realized i had long hair, tattoos, bitter scowl, and a Hate Eternal shirt on.
----
I hope I'm not the only one who has headbanged myself right off the stage....
12.04.2010 - 00:01
Urs Blank
Written by edoolin111 on 11.04.2010 at 22:04

I turned into a metal this morning, when I looked in the mirror and realized i had long hair, tattoos, bitter scowl, and a Hate Eternal shirt on.

What a shock it must have been

But things could be worse. You could have looked in the mirror and see you had oblique lock of hair on your forehead, gay tattoos, angry daddy's boy look, and a Bring Me The Horizon shirt on, and then realize you've turned into a fucking emocore
12.04.2010 - 00:42
edoolin111
Haha, i'd shoot myself right in my daddy's boy face
----
I hope I'm not the only one who has headbanged myself right off the stage....
12.04.2010 - 01:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 29.03.2010 at 16:07

...Satan. *sips wine*

Dammit. Thats the exact same response I was going to go with.

If not, I'll just go with spite...or surgery. Yeah, let's just say it was surgery.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.04.2010 - 01:56
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Genetics, I guess. While mom was pregnant she listened top the 80s glam and hard rock. I had my dark days in the 90s listening to eurodance mostly, but then I got Metallica S&M and I got back on track.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!