Metal Storm logo
X Japan

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 10.08.2006 - 10:14
Ah yes X Japan,one of Japan's most legendary metal bands.From their speedy debut,to their beautiful last song.I cant simply get enough of these guys,and I'm curious if anyone else likes them as much as I do.What are your favorite songs by them? Mine is probably Silent Jealousy,though Orgasm and Art of Life as well as the beautiful Endless Rain follow very close.
20.06.2007 - 02:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awesome band, I can't wait what will reunion bring. Hope some good music, and even maybe some live DVD, that would be pretty awesome
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.07.2007 - 22:05
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Great band, one of the big exponents of Japan. I like "Blue Blood" of 1988, one of the best works of the band.
11.07.2007 - 22:07
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
X Japan started first called "Noise", then "X" in 1982.

The band is the precursor of a movement called "Visual Kei", which was very popular in Japan during the 80s and 90s. The music played by Visual Kei bands covered almost everything from pop to metal. All bands were known for colourful, flamboyant clothes and very extravagant hairstyling.
14.07.2007 - 11:51
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 20.06.2007 at 02:43

Awesome band, I can't wait what will reunion bring. Hope some good music, and even maybe some live DVD, that would be pretty awesome

Great News!!! A DVD HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!! FUCK YEAH!!
14.07.2007 - 16:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awesome, I am glad I didn't ive false information, looking forward to watch it!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
14.07.2007 - 17:28
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
A dvd? without hide wont be complete
----
14.07.2007 - 22:23
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by 4look4rd on 14.07.2007 at 17:28

A dvd? without hide wont be complete

Yes very true, but I'm still glad they reunited! I never thought that would happen. I'm sure it's what hide would have wanted. Anyway, all the guitar parts will be played by 11 guest guitarists, I think that number is right, and if not well the guest guitarists part is right though!
26.10.2007 - 16:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Founding member Yoshiki of the reactivated Japanese rockers X Japan was interviewed by a Japanese TV station on the set of the band's video for their new song "I.V." on Monday, October 22 at Aqua City, Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan. You can watch the three-minute clip at this location.
14.11.2007 - 18:30
Mizer84
Account deleted
X Japan reunited...almost too good to be true. "The Last Live DVD" is still the by far the best concert I have ever seen.

It really sucks how expensive (not to mention how hard) it is to get X Japan's material. I visited Japan 2 years ago (lived there for a month at my friends place) and they didn't sell Last Live DVD (and some other X's cds) anywhere there.. The only way I could have gotten that DVD was some "X Japan - complete collection II" box which included it ...for a price of 220?. Nowadays I could order that concert for 107? from Japan, but the price is just too much...

Can't wait for some new releases from reunited X Japan. I'm also eagerly waiting for some releases from the band S.K.I.N (not a very cool name, is it) with Yoshiki, Gackt, Sugizo & Miyavi in it
15.11.2007 - 01:05
selken
Irreligious
X Japan is one of the first bands I've heard, and since 2000 I'm not tired of listening at least a song daily, their influence in JMetal is obvious, no matter the genre, every Japanese bands bears an influence from them, Galneryus, Sigh, Concerto Moon, Sex Machineguns, specially Nightmare (Japanese Hard-Rock/Metal) and so many more I always recongnize an X Japan's element.
My fav album is blue blood, because is the fastest.

I hope that the new X Japan would also release some fast material aside from the ballads that yoshiki kept writing after the break up.
----
02.12.2007 - 16:25
jacut
Mizer84, it's quite easy to find X Japan things in France actually, if you go in Paris there are a lot of fans and so, a lot of shops with X Japan CDs or DVDs, and I mean original ones ! You can find it on the web too on French sites. I live in a remote place of France and it's easier to find X Japan stuff than big metal bands sometimes :p
16.01.2008 - 09:26
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Its weird that their song was used for Saw IV, I almost couldn't believe my ears when I heard it at the theatre, I mean seriously that was fucking awesome. I was walking out then I heard the vocals and immediately knew it was Toshi and I looked at my bro and said man thats fucking x japan!
10.10.2008 - 11:56
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 11:51

Written by APOHAKC on 20.06.2007 at 02:43

Great News!!! A DVD HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!! FUCK YEAH!!

A DVD of the reunion concert?!
10.10.2008 - 12:03
Shadowcross
The Summoner
One of the first true power metal bands. More progressive (and better IMHO) than Helloween in that era.
yeah if you ever travel through Asia's poorer countries have a search at the pirate DVD places. I picked up very nice copies of Art of Life (Live), Last Live (Tokyo Dome) and the clip's collection. All for like US$2.50 each. Otherwise unfortunately their stuff is way too expensive. I'd love jard copies of their albums but +$50 and also shipping is just wayy too much.
16.07.2009 - 20:45
Soliloquy
BUMP!!!!

i have a question for X-japan fans. recently i've been playing acoustic songs at pubs near my place. and i refuse to do the typical oasis and other silly songs that everyone does. i rather do metal songs, and preferably of bands that are not that well known in this part of the world. i've been paying tribute to lots of metal musicians who have passed like dime bag, criss oliva etc. and i want to do one for Hide, however, my knowledge for x-japan is very limited.

can you recommend me one of their slow songs that are all done in english, or maybe have one or two lines in japanese, but mostly english?

thanks!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
22.07.2009 - 07:24
vulgar talent
Written by Soliloquy on 16.07.2009 at 20:45

BUMP!!!!

i have a question for X-japan fans. recently i've been playing acoustic songs at pubs near my place. and i refuse to do the typical oasis and other silly songs that everyone does. i rather do metal songs, and preferably of bands that are not that well known in this part of the world. i've been paying tribute to lots of metal musicians who have passed like dime bag, criss oliva etc. and i want to do one for Hide, however, my knowledge for x-japan is very limited.

can you recommend me one of their slow songs that are all done in english, or maybe have one or two lines in japanese, but mostly english?

thanks!

Crucify My Love - you gotta do this one!!! It's 100% English.

Endless Rain - Has a lot of English parts and translations for the Japanese parts are easy to find on the interwebs.

There's an all English version of Kurenai (here), but it's one of their faster songs.

Sorry I haven't listened to X JAPAN is a very long time but these songs immediately came to mind. I.V. is also all in English.
14.09.2009 - 05:18
masnan
For me X jaPAN is the Best Band in ASia.. They have their own style.. Philippines rock bands sucks ..
----
" When I die Bury Me Upside me upside down so the world can Kiss My ASS"
13.07.2011 - 16:32
Lioncourt
I was actually lucky enough to see them in a Q&A in this year's Japan Expo. Yoshiki answered most of the questions, though he did try to get the others involved.

The first five questions went like this:

Host asks a question in french: "What was the inspiration to your new single, Jade?" (I do not remember the real questions so this is just an example)

Translator translates the question.

Yoshiki: "What?"

Translator translates the question again.

Yoshiki: "What?"

Translator translates the question for a third time.

Yoshiki: "Yes, we are very happy to be here in Paris. We love our French fans. Paris rules."

For some of the questions Yoshiki passed the microphone to everyone so that they could answer. In one question Yoshiki gave the microphone to Toshi, but Toshi was just looking at the ceiling with his sunglasses on. Nobody said anything for about ten seconds until the host asked another question.

Here is a part of the Q&A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByLfM4Jhutg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6jaxi38E8

I did not film these clips. I was seated closer without anyone in front of me.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/