Metal Storm logo
If only they hadn't died...

17.05.2006 - 18:07
Horlequism
Account deleted
I'm so stoked over the amazing music that many artists that succumed to sudden and tragic death would've continued to release hadn't they died...artists who were at the peak of their musical career and creativity then a higher power suddenly cut their life short in the middle of their careers...two that come to mind are Chuck Schuldiner from Death and Tomas Forsberg, or Quorthon, from Bathory...

So, who here is like me and wondering about all the amazing music that all these victims of tragedy would've released hadn't they suddenly passed?
17.05.2006 - 19:57
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta

If he had lived longer,who knows what we would hear from him
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
17.05.2006 - 20:39
Varoth
Account deleted
Quorthon (Bathory), Chuck Schuldiner (Death), Roger Patterson (Atheist), Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)... All of them were legends by the time their life had ended.
17.05.2006 - 20:51
Cthulu Corpse
Account deleted
Im sure many come to think of Cliff Burton. He is the best bass player i have ever heard. He could make the bass sound like a guitar wich is very cool. I think there could have been many cool intros we have missed out on and much more than that to. We have never heard any more intros like Damage inc. since he passed. Really miss him and he would have been great on the later albums... Maybe he would have made them better and more popular than they are now??
17.05.2006 - 21:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
R.I.P. To them all.

I don't need to say how much I regret Quorthon's death, or the death of Chuck, Cliff, anyone.

Actually, I hope ALL artists from any genre/style may rest in peace.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.05.2006 - 21:55
Damnated
Churchburner
I'm really curious about the Nirvana album, that could have followed the Unplugged album. To bad that Kurt died.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.05.2006 - 01:13
Deus Ex Machina
Hmmm..yes.I'm curious too,to what new stuff Nirvana could have done if Kurt had lived,but there were rumours going around that he actually didn't want to make music anymore so there was a chance no new album was gonna happen.I guess now we'll never know.
But yeah,as someone mentioned before,there probably could be a lot of great new Alice In Chains stuff if Layne hadn't died.I always loved his voice.Alice In Chains are continuing their work,but with a new singer so it's kind of weird to me considering how much i've grown a custom to Layne's voice and his way of interpreting the songs.

And of course,let us not forget Rozz Williams.God only knows what kind of art could follow if only he didn't end the way he did.
19.05.2006 - 05:20
..ExoTeaR..
i miss johnny cash
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
20.05.2006 - 19:30
Sinsanity
Account deleted
If Dead and Euronymous wouldn't have died, Mayhem would, probably, still...exist...in the form it had long time ago...
If only Dead would've made the vocals for all Mayhem releases...

R.I.P.
Per Yngve 'Dead' Ohlin
Oystein 'Euronymous' Aarseth

...and Valfar...
20.05.2006 - 20:23
Anton Alcolust
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 19:30

If only Dead would've made the vocals for all Mayhem releases...

yep there aren't any singer as good as Dead in Mayhem ! he is one of the musician i regret the most his death ,
with Quorthon , my god , it was the only musician whose fan I am really ...when i know he was dead , i go on Bathory's website , and there was the song Hammerhearth , with Quorthon's pic ... "Now that the wind called my name ..." Hail the Hordes !
----
A.M.S.G.
20.05.2006 - 21:17
Alfonso
The Ramones should have been immortal.
----
20.05.2006 - 21:39
Trifixion
Account deleted
I don't think anyone can help but wonder what it would be like if Chuck were still alive...
Also, to this day I wonder what would Mayhem have been like if Euronymous was still around, or what would've happened to them...
And Dimebag Darrell of course, what an amazing player...RIP to all of them!
21.05.2006 - 01:15
Markku
Account deleted
Freddy Mercury, I don't know how much song writing he did but Queen was an awesome rock band.
21.05.2006 - 22:52
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I always wondered if Ulver would have taken the direction they took if Grellmund hadn't died. I read he committed suicide on New Year's Eve of 1998. As you can tell, later that year Ulver put out the first of their electronica/soundscape albums with 'Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell' and they never looked back. Now, I adore Ulver's electronica works, they hold some very eerie and emotional atmospheres, but I would have liked to see what they would have put out after 'Nattens Madrigal' if their guitarist had not died.
----
The force will be with you, always.
23.05.2006 - 20:15
TheKreator
Account deleted
yeah...Freddy Mercury was a big loss for the music industry, and i really wanted to see him live ...but the show must go on....and also Dimebag Darrell was a big blow for me...and Piggy from Voivod whose work i simply adore...oh well...
24.05.2006 - 11:46
Anna Varney
Account deleted
Well,I'd say first of all Rozz Williams.He was such a great artist.. r.i.p. to him..

And then,even if i do not like his music,Cliff Burton,because maybe he would prevent metallica from being such sold outs.Maybe metallica would not even exist.
Kurt Cobain and Chuck from Death deserve to be mentioned as well.
25.05.2006 - 03:39
Horlequism
Account deleted
Another I can think of is Audie Pitre from Acid Bath...if he didn't die in a car from a drunk driver that band would've kept going and maybe evolved a bit...it would'be been interesting to see what Acid Bath would've done...
26.05.2006 - 16:02
Hooded
Account deleted
Nirvana could have done more music if kurt was still alive...
R.I.P Kurt Cobain
27.05.2006 - 21:21
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Let's put cliche Jimi Hendrix

I think that he would be on top right this moment,touring around the world in sold out tours
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
28.05.2006 - 13:31
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Written by Guest on 25.05.2006 at 03:39

Another I can think of is Audie Pitre from Acid Bath...if he didn't die in a car from a drunk driver that band would've kept going and maybe evolved a bit...it would'be been interesting to see what Acid Bath would've done...

I wholeheatedly agree.
----
29.05.2006 - 03:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Freddie Mercury, Michael Hutchence (INXS), their voices cannot be replaced; Kurt Cobain, Nirvana... so relaxing...; Jimi Hedrix, I know, cliché, but hey, the best guitar player; Cliff Burton, best bassist; Louis Armstrong, damn, the master of jazz...
One miinute of silence for them
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.05.2006 - 23:00
Zeleznk
Cliff Burton (Metallica), Dimebag (Pantera), Valfar (Windir) - I guess I'd listen to even more great music now if they were still alive!
----
()...()
:0,,0:
29.05.2006 - 23:29
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well of those that passed away im happy for some but im so sad when i member some great musician like:
Diambeg Darell,Layne Stanly, Cliff Burton ,Freddie Mercury even Kurt Cobian i never liked him but he was good musician, and thos eim glkad they r gone, Jhonn Lennon is one of them i never liekd that sucker
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
03.06.2006 - 03:21
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
People that are alos some of my biggest idoles i would have to say Cillf Burton of Metallica, Dimebag Darell of Pantera, Chuck of Death, Quorthon of Bathory, Euronymous of Mayhem, and Dead of Mayhem, all these guys were big influences to lots and lots of people in metal, and started many things, and what their specialty was they were the best at it, and all revolutionized their specialty in some way, and all achieved great things, and would most likley achieve even more if they were not taken by death.
03.06.2006 - 14:45
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Cliff Burton of Metallica
Chuck Schuldiner of Death
Dimebag Darrell Abbott of ex-Pantera and Damage Plan
Bon Scott of AC/DC
Kurt Cobain of Nirvana
John Bonham of Led Zeppelin
Piggy of Voivod
Layne Staley of Alice In Chains

All I wish were still making the music they made they're life. R.I.P (Riff In Peace)
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.06.2006 - 18:06
Warman
Erotic Stains
Cliff Burton of course. The best bass player ever maybe and ... ehh, just read my friend "Cthulu Corpse" post cuz I think just like him.
----
08.06.2006 - 10:36
Freezer
nobody mentions Bon Scott? who knows how AC/DC would have had been with him in the line-up!?!?
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
10.06.2006 - 04:59
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Stonewall Jackson.

...Oh wait, musicians.

Randy Rhoads? But then, we might not of discovered my idol, Zakk Wylde. Many things would be different had he not died.
10.06.2006 - 05:38
Horlequism
Account deleted
You guys have been bringing up a whole wack of great artists who would've been making amazing music had they not died...keep em' comin'!
10.06.2006 - 10:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Freezer on 08.06.2006 at 10:36

nobody mentions Bon Scott? who knows how AC/DC would have had been with him in the line-up!?!?

Perhaps you should have read the post two ahead of yours, where Mister Scott is mentioned.

To reaffirm some that had been written - Chuck, Jimi, Valfar, Dimebag.

Here's a couple more - Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrisson - they aren't metal, but this isn't in a metal-specific section of the forum. All are artists at the peak of creativity at the time of their demise...

(and with Alfonso sporting a Sardonic Wrath icon, mentioning the Ramones, and having Dead Kennedys, AC/DC and even Motley Crue in his recent played list - it's a shame he lives about 8,000 miles south of me - otherwise we would be drinking buddies.)
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!