Metal Storm logo
If only they hadn't died...

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 18:07
I'm so stoked over the amazing music that many artists that succumed to sudden and tragic death would've continued to release hadn't they died...artists who were at the peak of their musical career and creativity then a higher power suddenly cut their life short in the middle of their careers...two that come to mind are Chuck Schuldiner from Death and Tomas Forsberg, or Quorthon, from Bathory...

So, who here is like me and wondering about all the amazing music that all these victims of tragedy would've released hadn't they suddenly passed?
10.06.2006 - 14:13
Freezer
oh, i didn't see him in the list above, sorry
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
13.06.2006 - 01:43
AntaeusM
Elite
Well.. I remember I was quite shocked when I heard that Quorthon died. I wasn't really into his music, but I really respect him as a musician, so it was a big shock to hear he suddenly died.

Same for Somnium. At that time I really liked Finntroll(with Katla). I was wondering for a long time how he actually died. I still don't know what exactly happened. I think this guy had the potential to become one of the best metal guitarist, so it is sad he died so soon.

And of course, not really metal-related, but Kami from Malice Mizer. Who died way too soon. He was very talented, and Malice Mizer really changed after his death.

I am also surprised nobody mentioned hide of X-Japan. X-Japan's influence was quite big on both metal and Visual Kei, so I would expect someone would remember this great man for his amazing guitarwork in X-Japan.
14.06.2006 - 12:07
EvilWoman
Account deleted
R.I.P. to all of them. My special and deepest regret and respect goes to Chuck Schuldiner. As a person and a musican. His long term illness was not easy to be confronted with. At the end you can only take death as a deliverance.
23.06.2006 - 02:37
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Guest on 14.06.2006 at 12:07

R.I.P. to all of them. My special and deepest regret and respect goes to Chuck Schuldiner. As a person and a musican. His long term illness was not easy to be confronted with. At the end you can only take death as a deliverance.

I hope the poor chuck still be rocking anywhere he is, my thinkin' is he's better dead because his band was death, ...but the true is that many fans wants more of this artists (quorton one of them) but his work is their testament and i think we can take it as an epitaph ...
23.06.2006 - 14:37
EvilWoman
Account deleted
Agree. Someday I'm planning to go to to Florida to his grave to admire and respect his epitaph with full force.
23.06.2006 - 19:12
fire101
Account deleted
Dimebag Darrel, Randy Rhoads, Quarthon (as mentioned above), John Bonham, and the dude from Nasum (forgot his name).
23.06.2006 - 21:02
Soliloquy
i always wondered what would happen if the classical composers were around today, and were in a metal band, what kinda music would they play?

for mozart, i think he would be in some progressive, or some technical metal band. reason ebing taht a) he is freaken fast. b) he keeps changing his music over and overagain. c) its so self indulged, like a lot of prog guitarists. not that he sucks. he's awsome

beethoven in a funeral doom metal band coz a lot of his music is hidden behind this gloomy meloncholy ore. its cool

but i would love to see quorton/Bathory still kicking around
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
29.06.2006 - 09:40
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
Schuldiner was an amazing musician but I think his best works had already been released. But then again my favorite Death album is Scream Bloody Gore, so I guess that's just based on opinion.

The bassist for Atheist was an awesome bassist and songwriter and maybe if he were still alive Atheist would still be together.

Quorthon lived to create some of the best music ever made and I doubt he died with any unfinished business.

What I've always wondered is what if Euronymous or Dead were still alive? Maybe new Mayhem wouldn't suck. Nah, they'd just stop doing black metal because it wouldn't be underground anymore. Shit, Mayhem is almost a household name nowadays.
:P:P
29.06.2006 - 20:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Think I already posted here, but whatever.

My deep respect and love for, first of all, Quorthon. My god, I owe him. Composer of my favorite song ever, and composer of one of my all-time favorite albums. I'm talking about One Rode To Asa Bay and Blood On Ice. Some of you might say, why not Hammerheart? Blood On Ice is a masterpiece, in every word. It make sme shiver.

My respect to for Chuck Schuldiner, whom music I never liked, but whom I and the Death metal scene owe big time.

My respect for Somnium, of the great Finntroll. Valfar, of the mighty Windir.

Dimebag Darrell. How horrible for Vinnie must it have been to see his brother die on stage.

Cliff Burton. My god, sorry for forgetting the name, the Metal Church guy.

Am I forgetting someone? These are a few I know of. R.I.P. to them. Every artist deserves respect, despite the quality of his works..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.07.2006 - 12:54
nana.MD
Star-Queen
chuck schuldiner (death)

cliff burton (metallica)

roger patterson (atheist)

dimebag darrell (pantera)

john lennon (the beatles)
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
06.07.2006 - 06:14
Alfo
Account deleted
Hey what about RANDY RHOADS, does that ring a bell ? this motherfucker revolutionized metal music with his riffs and solos, without him, metal wouldn't be the same, so as rock. I can't believe noone wrote his name
06.07.2006 - 21:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
We have all waited for you to do that. :
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.07.2006 - 03:50
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Freddie Mercury (Queen). That voice will never be replaced.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
07.07.2006 - 04:03
Niflhel
Account deleted
Euronymous
07.07.2006 - 06:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Can some of you give some more explination instead of just posting names please?

Thanks
07.07.2006 - 19:12
VaginalDisease
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.05.2006 at 01:15

Freddy Mercury, I don't know how much song writing he did but Queen was an awesome rock band.

Thanks god, I was afraid no one will mention him.
13.08.2006 - 03:23
marinBG
I think there is one very important man missing from that list... Bob Marley... and he is a true legend... and he was talanted beyond belief...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
15.09.2006 - 21:23
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Chuck Schuldiner-Creative Genious, Spiritual And intellectual Genious.
he invented death Metal, And Crossed Neo-classical
and Jazz Guitar into his music.

Rhandy Rhoads-First Inspired me to play guitar, without him, ozzy would be nothing
But Black sabbaths X-Vocalist.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.12.2006 - 00:22
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
When some great musician had died I have always ask myself: is is destiny or just a accident?
In most cases my answer is DESTINY...

Second question is: if they (died artists) could make something better than they did during live?
Well... this is the most difficult question...
07.12.2006 - 02:33
Konrad
Mormon Storm
How the hell has nobody said Jimi Hendrix yet? It's a shame when artists die at the pinnacle of their career. Chuck Schuldiner as well, created one of the most innovative albums (sound of perseverance) ever, and then he passed away. I'll always remember Quorthon even though I'm not a fan anything after Hammerheart...yet. If Burton wouldn't have died maybe Metallica wouldn't suck right now.

As for those artists who have committed suicide their music will always live on, but they do not get my respect. Cheers to those taken without warning...
----
Brujerizmo!
27.03.2007 - 05:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 11:46

Well,I'd say first of all Rozz Williams.He was such a great artist.. r.i.p. to him..

And then,even if i do not like his music,Cliff Burton,because maybe he would prevent metallica from being such sold outs.Maybe metallica would not even exist.
Kurt Cobain and Chuck from Death deserve to be mentioned as well.

Kurt Cobain and Chuck are both extremely overrated. Kurt moreso, terrible simplistic music that shouldnt have gotten anywhere. But ill agree with you 100% about Cliff Burton.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.04.2007 - 18:35
Olli
Dimebag - i liked him in damageplan alot more than panera. i think the band would have gone far if he hadnt been shot he was an amazing personality too
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
08.05.2007 - 23:06
Elodie Artour
Slania
I think that this topic is one of the most serious ones because there have been many artists who haven't deserved to die.It's just sad and simply unfair.

I remember I was very shocked when I surfed the Internet and I checked out Elis' official website which was only containing the message that Sabine Dünser was dead.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
09.05.2007 - 08:03
Gothya
definitely i wonder how metallica would sound if cliff 'god bass' burton (;) ) hadnt died; i've imagened many ways, many sounds, many changes, they could be more thrash, more instrumental songs, i dont know, i just can't mention one exact thing but it absolutely would be different, i'm positive metallica could be better; but i still like the stuff they make nowadays, and that's why i'm still supporting them

of course, dimebag is also missed, but i liked him more with pantera, although they split up before dime's dead; i listened few songs from damageplan, the music was good but i didnt like the vocals so much

however, i'm not sure how nirvana would be now, i mean kurt cobain wasnt ok when he died; he was full of problems and was struggling with himself; i imagine him now still making/playing music but i dont think with nirvana, maybe he'd have a solo career or another band, or maybe he would be like most of the members from the rock bands of the 80's (motley crue, skid row, etc); but i still can imagine him making good stuff just like cobain's good style, just like he can do it himself, 'cause he was great

btw, it seems like burton is the most missed and mentioned in this kind of threads, i wonder if that's because of the st. anger album (...funny ... )
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
23.05.2007 - 17:22
Lord TJ
I love Chuck Schuldiner's work, I wish he could of lived to write more. Randy Rhoads was amazing, my hero and influence to playing guitar.

This guy isnt dead but I wonder how things would be if Jason Becker wasnt paralyzed, at my age he was about at Yngwie's level of playing!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
06.07.2007 - 10:58
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Chuck Schuldiner, pretty much. I would of been interested in what more Control Denied could of done.
18.08.2007 - 15:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Freddie Mercury is a guy I'll always miss... or not guy... god is a better word for him. His voice was something special, he really had talent. I'd love to see Queen live with him.
----
19.08.2007 - 07:01
selken
Irreligious
Don't care if its already posted:

Cliff Burton: Metallica maybe wouldn't that pity band that is now.
Chuck: He was simply, a master, a god
Hideto Matsumoto: the root of the melody in X Japan
Dead: Just imagina what could have Mayhem achieved...
Quorthon: another god
Euronymous: the same as Dead, the worst is that he got murdered.
Dimebag: nothing to say, just, hails to him!
Hails and RIP to them!!!

hey I'm quitting posting, this thread is damn to sad :'-(
----
24.08.2007 - 11:43
vusza
Only the good die young. *sigh*
----
No guts, no glory.
18.09.2007 - 08:52
?Master?
Account deleted
Written by Gothya on 09.05.2007 at 08:03

definitely i wonder how metallica would sound if cliff 'god bass' burton (;) ) hadnt died; i've imagened many ways, many sounds, many changes, they could be more thrash, more instrumental songs, i dont know, i just can't mention one exact thing but it absolutely would be different, i'm positive metallica could be better; but i still like the stuff they make nowadays, and that's why i'm still supporting them

of course, dimebag is also missed, but i liked him more with pantera, although they split up before dime's dead; i listened few songs from damageplan, the music was good but i didnt like the vocals so much

however, i'm not sure how nirvana would be now, i mean kurt cobain wasnt ok when he died; he was full of problems and was struggling with himself; i imagine him now still making/playing music but i dont think with nirvana, maybe he'd have a solo career or another band, or maybe he would be like most of the members from the rock bands of the 80's (motley crue, skid row, etc); but i still can imagine him making good stuff just like cobain's good style, just like he can do it himself, 'cause he was great

btw, it seems like burton is the most missed and mentioned in this kind of threads, i wonder if that's because of the st. anger album (...funny ... )

i agree with the cliff burton thing cus i dont think that cliff woulda agreed on working with bob rock so the black album probably woulda never cam out so the band would be waaaaay dif
but fuk it im still a supporter of METALLIFUKINCA!
hahah but damn if alota ppl wouldnt have died music would be way different