03. Cycleades
04. Offering
05. Eleusis
06. Illa Salde
07. Epidauros
08. The Dance Of Cleomene
09. Never Land
10. Quiet Hour

My metalheads friends, welcome to another world, a world of peace and beauty, the world of Rajna the famous French combo of ethereal and atmospheric music. Obviously, this new release is not for everybody and if you're only looking for devastating guitar riffs, please leave this place but if you like beautiful and tender music, if you're a bit open minded and love Dead Can Dance and this kind of music, come with me for a marvellous journey in the lands of the antic Greece?

Just imagine a sunny day in the old Greece, a walk on the cliffs in front of the sea, just imagine the beauty of the place, close your eyes and the music of Rajna will naturally come to your spirit. This is a bit weird to explain the feeling that you'll have when you'll listen to Offering but if you like movie sound-tracks and love Mediterranean mythological stories, you'll quickly fall in love with the music of Rajna which perfectly describes this universe. On a strict musical side, Offering is pure ethereal and atmospheric music, sad and melancholic, with folk instruments and classical music arrangements and could be featured on a lot of movies. This is clean as crystal, touching and emotive and the really good voice of Jeanne Lefebvre fits perfectly on the different tracks. All in all Offering is a perfect way to relax at home if you're just want to listen to music to have "fun" but if you're a real music lover, you'll also be surprised by the quality of the arrangements and the interpretation of the music. This is not really surprising but Offering is really deep and complex?

Perfectly produced, the album doesn't really suffer of any problem. The sound is great, the musicians really good, and you'll even find a vocals guest performance of Aret Madilian (founder of Deleyaman) on the excellent "Quiet Hour". Offering just doesn't lack of anything and if you're into this kind of music, or even gothic stuff actually, I invite you to have a look at this release which clearly deserves to be known.

If you like movies soundtracks, if you're into peaceful atmospheric music, if you're looking for musical spiritual journey in some antic lands, Offering is a must. Sure this is not really metal but fans of progressive and gothic stuff will find really good things for them in this album and if you just like music in general, you'll enjoy this release. Offering is magic, beautiful, full of emotions and really addicting if you like to listen to music alone at home in peace.

Written by Jeff | 14.07.2010

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 84 users
14.07.2010 - 21:38
Jeeers
What the fuck? This is Metalstorm.net for devils sake!!!

It's nice that you want to share the music you like, but this isn't the right place to post such review.

Music is ok, by the way, but nothing really special ...
14.07.2010 - 21:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Jeeers on 14.07.2010 at 21:38

It's nice that you want to share the music you like, but this isn't the right place to post such review.

Music is ok, by the way, but nothing really special ...

Why not? Just because it's unconventional, doesn't mean it shouldn't be on here. Beats song-by-song any day, which isn't allowed in the first place.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.07.2010 - 22:03
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
@Jeers: Then stop to listen to Anathema bro

Sure this is not "pure" Metal but Metal Storm is not a closed minded webzine and we use also to review "ethereal" bands

For the record, their label is also the label of Duncan Patterson...
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
14.07.2010 - 23:19
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Jeeers on 14.07.2010 at 21:38

Yeah, what the fuck Jeff? Go get your own website where you can write over 1000 reviews about whatever metal-related stuff you damn well please. But not here, Jeff! Not here. Okay?
----
Your favorite band sucks.
15.07.2010 - 20:52
Rating: 9
ravendeath
A lot of metalheads like atmospheric and ethereal stuff... so I really welcome reviews of this kind. And by the way Dead Can Dance are one of the most influental bands in the metal scene, even if they have nothing to do with it.
16.07.2010 - 01:40
nilzardo
Account deleted
The metalstorm staff is so nice and open-minded. I love you guys!
16.07.2010 - 01:52
Ragana
Rawrcat
Nice review Jeff, I'm so gonna check this out.
17.07.2010 - 02:18
Rating: 9
skrätte
I Hate You
This album is beautiful. While I think we can all agree that it's not metal, I love that you've posted a review of it, here.

I've always found myself going "Middle Eastern" with my guitar playing, so not only is this right up my alley, but I also find it inspirational. I really appreciate the open-mindedness of the reviewers, here. Thanks, guys and gals.
----

Hits total: 5062 | This month: 10