05. Undrempt Rapture
06. The Burning Of April
07. Impending Demise
08. The Art Of Day To Night
09. Forever In The Flame
10. Under Death's Haven
11. Carpe Diem
12. Final Moments

In our age of technology you can download any album you want, completely free of charge. Ok, if you're going to listen to it you're committing a crime and these fellas will hunt you down, but that's quite besides my point. My point is that for many people there's no longer a real reason to buy albums. Well, I'll tell you what, I bought an album a couple of months ago (at Hellfest '10) and I had two good reasons. Reason one: I vaguely remember one of the band members to be associated with the glorious Chaos Moon and reason two: the girl running the festivalshop was smoking hot.

Ok, so even if they'd have been selling pink rubber duckies I probably would've spent at least half a paycheck, just to get the wee bit of attention from her (yeah... you thought reviewers were like rockstars, right? think again, we're humourless virgins destined to die alone) so ehm...

Firth Of Damnation, Carpe Diem, twelve tracks, fourty-two minutes, Black metal. As it turns out, the connection with Chaos Moon I vaguely recalled turned out to be a session vocalist/guitarist of both bands, so in other words, pretty loose... And to make things worse, the first impression this album gives off is not a very good one. It's production is wafer-thin and the guitars sound like a tremolo-heavy suckfest. Layered guitars? Come on, this is repetition at its worst. There are some (a lot!) raspy, screechy vocals which sound terribly emotionless, accompanied by a lot of synthesizers (thankfully in the background).

So the first impression is not a very good one... what about the second? It aint much either. Third? No sir. Fourth? Na-ah. In fact, the only reason why the first half of this review is complete bullshit is to hide the fact I have got absolutely nothing to say on this band. I don't understand how anyone can like this. Mediocre, bland, unoriginal, a-dime-a-dozen, completely uninspired 'USBM'... Only the synths distantly remind me of Chaos Moon but really, don't waste your time on this.

Firth Of Damnation, you guys owe me money.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 6
Songwriting: 4
Originality: 3
Production: 3

Written on 03.10.2010 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 41 users
03.10.2010 - 17:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Quote:
reason two: the girl running the festivalshop was smoking hot.

And that is the reason to why I still go and buy some stuff in the cd-store instead of getting lower price for the same cd on the internet.

Those were my two cents... since I won't bother with this band at all.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.10.2010 - 03:49
advent
I think it was enough wasting your money , why wasting your time reviewing this album??
10.10.2010 - 14:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Bad USBM? not such a big surprise...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3193 | This month: 8