Metal Storm logo
"Fuck, I wish they'd disband before it gets even worse"

Original post

Posted by MétalNoir, 05.02.2011 - 17:45
Some metal bands get very bad with time, wether because they lack inspiration or just know how to make money with the same formula, except we're not stupid and we can realize that (this is called "sellout", for those of you who didn't know).

Then, for your mental health or simply because you dont want the band's grand legacy corrupted any further, you wish it would split apart and leave a good memory...

If you had the power to disband ONE band in the world (known it's not ours to decide that...), which one would it be?
06.02.2011 - 12:48
JD
Account deleted
Written by Beer Fairy on 05.02.2011 at 20:22

Sepultura

I'm 100% with you, thier new thrash core style SUCK
06.02.2011 - 12:51
JD
Account deleted
Written by .Nemesis. on 05.02.2011 at 20:43

Cryptopsy sucks. If you guys like Cryptopsy, no offense. But I HATE them, they don't even deserve to be called metal.

No they don't suck, i like their new style and i like their old style. they have a genrations of old fans and new fans, you can't deny that.
06.02.2011 - 13:27
Abbath
COB
06.02.2011 - 13:38
Lachy
Account deleted
Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax. I will get a lotta shit for this but they had there time and have hardly released anything good lately. Ps i think dave mustaine is the biggest jerk in the world. Now go ahead rage at me
06.02.2011 - 13:42
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by [user id=28526] on 06.02.2011 at 12:46

Written by Powerslavex on 06.02.2011 at 12:37

Metallica the winner

I don't think so, if you ask me.

i think st anger will justify my decision
06.02.2011 - 13:58
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Richard on 06.02.2011 at 03:42

Written by [user id=107773] on 06.02.2011 at 02:47

Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 06.02.2011 at 01:53

HammerFall. "No Sacrifice" is SO bad.

Hammerfall were always awful :/

I've never been into Hammerfall (sold their first album) but to be fair, when they started out they were playing the kind of traditional style which was rather unpopular at the time, so at least some respect is due for that, maybe?

Rather than mention a specific band, I think the majority (not all) of reunions aren't a great thing. It often seems to be that a band had a certain amount of success in the 80's or so and then decides to reform in the modern day.. and in some cases it seems a bit contrived, and some bands are better off staying dead rather than starting again 15 years later.

Perhaps...but there is seriously nothing special about them at all, they are the most boring Power Metal band out there, the way people bum Renegade is hilarious to me.
06.02.2011 - 14:32
Daghianus
METALLICA FOR SURE!
06.02.2011 - 14:58
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Written by Irritable Ted on 06.02.2011 at 13:39

Queensryche. nothing but shit since Promised Land.

Yes, but they have some sense to still ocassionaly play Mindcrime live, and since I still never saw them live .. I disagree with this one.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
06.02.2011 - 15:06
RavenKing
The band I'd like to see calling a quit the most is Iron Maiden. It was one of my favorite bands in the 80s but they have been an embarrassment for 20 years now. I hate to see how pathetic and shitty they became (I think Metallica is even more shitty but the fact I never liked this band makes it easier to me to simply ignore it - it doesn't bug me like it tends to do with Maiden).
To be honest, I'd like to see pretty much all the old 80s metal bands disband because they barely released anything listenable in over two decades. They just managed to keep their name alive while bringing no input worthy of mention to the scene.

I'd also like if pseudo-extreme poser bands like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth and Children of Bodom could call it a day. As well as old Black Metal bands who were once great but are lame nowadays (Darkthrone, Satyricon).

Someone mentioned Iced Earth. I will say if TCOM is the best they can do, they should quit. We'll see if the next album will be good or more of the same.

But I think what I'd like the most to diseappear (after Iron Maiden) is all those bands who were once Power/Speed Metal and turned to hard rock and pop rock.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
06.02.2011 - 15:32
Fearless
Iced Earth, haven't done anything good since "The Horror Show" album
----
CEO and founder of Rose Booking.
SHOWS | TOURS | FESTIVALS

Rose Booking is a booking agency with a global involvement within the live entertainment

Metal is the LAW!
Stay Metal!
06.02.2011 - 15:39
arwestromen
(off topic) Misfits

one old, fat and bald original member who where the backing vocal and now is the lead
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
06.02.2011 - 15:58
RavenKing
Written by Fearless on 06.02.2011 at 15:32

Iced Earth, haven't done anything good since "The Horror Show" album

I never liked "Horror Show" much. But I'm afraid Iced Earth is one of those bands who play a genre of music I completely lost interest in.
----
06.02.2011 - 16:18
Wintersun616
Amoral. They went from this:

To this:

How lame.
06.02.2011 - 16:22
Lady Margoth
Lacuna Coil, Lacrimas Profundere, Tristania... I could mention many bands. But sometimes it's our good memories that makes us think that old releases are much better. I noticed that I love those songs and albums which I got first. For example, when I started listening to Within Temptation, they just released The Silent Force, and so it's my favourite album together with Mother Earth and Enter. When I started listening to HIM, they just released Dark Light. And all the albums they released later seemed worse. These are just some examples. Now I'm not a metal music fan anymore.

But there's nothing wrong about the changes in music or new vocalists. They just repeat themselves again and again or become plain-music-making machines. You don't hear anything new and at the same time you feel that their old releases were more original, breathtaking...
How can you say that Nightwish should disband? They released just one album with Anette. And their music is great, just imagine how it would sound with Tarja. It's all about the vocalist that you dislike, not about the band.
06.02.2011 - 16:26
Wintersun616
In some interview Tuomas Holopainen said that the new Nightwish album will suit Anette's singing better. -> Nightwish's next album = pop. DPP was already pop metal, they could've just as well had Britney Spears. They should've grabbed Helena Haaparanta when they had the chance.
06.02.2011 - 16:26
Lady Margoth
Amoral. xD Yeah, great difference! Both are just boring. Plenty of bands like this...

Those who really liked Nightwish with Tarja will hardly like them with Anette. But Nightwish will gather new fans.
06.02.2011 - 16:44
JD
Account deleted
Written by Powerslavex on 06.02.2011 at 13:42

Metallica the winner

And every band have ups and down and their St.Anger was down, what about Death Magnetic? is it bad? i enjoyed it and i don't wanna Metallica disband.
06.02.2011 - 16:50
RavenKing
Written by Wintersun616 on 06.02.2011 at 16:26

In some interview Tuomas Holopainen said that the new Nightwish album will suit Anette's singing better. -> Nightwish's next album = pop. DPP was already pop metal, they could've just as well had Britney Spears. They should've grabbed Helena Haaparanta when they had the chance.

Imo, Anette sounds like the poor man's version of Dolores O'Riordan. I prefer by far Dolores.
----
06.02.2011 - 17:00
Wintersun616
Written by [user id=28526] on 06.02.2011 at 16:44

Written by Powerslavex on 06.02.2011 at 13:42

Metallica the winner

And every band have ups and down and their St.Anger was down, what about Death Magnetic? is it bad? i enjoyed it and i don't wanna Metallica disband.

Death Magnetic would've been great if it wasn't so crammed and a slave of loudness war. Quality over quantity.
06.02.2011 - 17:18
RafaRata
Probably Korn, or the few nu metal bands that are still left.
06.02.2011 - 18:27
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Wintersun616 on 06.02.2011 at 16:26

Soooooooooooooooooooo true, I've always thought that myself... Helenea Haaparanta is IMO the best female vocalist in metal presently, and Crimfall isn't that famous, while Anette for some obscure reason managed to join one of the most well known metal band on Earth. At least Britney Spears can sing.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
06.02.2011 - 18:35
Coolingsrock
Written by [user id=41104] on 06.02.2011 at 13:38

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax. I will get a lotta shit for this but they had there time and have hardly released anything good lately. Ps i think dave mustaine is the biggest jerk in the world. Now go ahead rage at me

i know your asking for so ill give it to you. Metallica only has 5 good cds which are their first 5. That goes for anthrax too. Slayer just always sounded the same. Megadeth is just amazing. you cant say anything about them you child, and their last cd kicked the shit out of any other cd in 2009.
06.02.2011 - 18:39
Coolingsrock
So i vote metallica since they screwed napster over, sued a family for a million dollars over naming their kid metallica and since they sold out for so long. finally the only thing they ever did right was kick out dave mustaine cause there would be no megadeth.....but theyre still dicks for doing so
DISBAND!!!!!!!!!!
06.02.2011 - 18:42
Coolingsrock
Written by RafaRata on 06.02.2011 at 17:18

Probably Korn, or the few nu metal bands that are still left.

yEAH its either korn disbands or they need to get their shit together and make a real heavy ketchy album to bring back all the fans that have lost. Last 8 years sucked for their fans.
06.02.2011 - 19:28
Asat0r
My vote goes with either In Flames or Children of Bodom. Bodom seems to be loosing inspiration rapidly.

As for In Flames, what the hell are they thinking now? Listen to Jester's Race, or Whoracle and then try to justify their last 2 albums.
06.02.2011 - 19:52
RavenKing
Written by Coolingsrock on 06.02.2011 at 18:35

Slayer just always sounded the same.

So, for you, "Show No Mercy", "Haunting The Chapel", "Hell Awaits"and "Reign In Blood" sound like "World Painted Blood"? And, of course, they all sound like "South of Heaven".
Ah, yes! I forgot to mention that "South Of Heaven" sounds exactly like "Divine Intervention".

You either need to have your ears checked or simply don't know shit about Slayer.
----
06.02.2011 - 20:05
ANGEL REAPER
Written by RavenKing on 06.02.2011 at 15:06

The band I'd like to see calling a quit the most is Iron Maiden. It was one of my favorite bands in the 80s but they have been an embarrassment for 20 years now. I hate to see how pathetic and shitty they became (I think Metallica is even more shitty but the fact I never liked this band makes it easier to me to simply ignore it - it doesn't bug me like it tends to do with Maiden).
To be honest, I'd like to see pretty much all the old 80s metal bands disband because they barely released anything listenable in over two decades. They just managed to keep their name alive while bringing no input worthy of mention to the scene.

I'd also like if pseudo-extreme poser bands like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth and Children of Bodom could call it a day. As well as old Black Metal bands who were once great but are lame nowadays (Darkthrone, Satyricon).

Someone mentioned Iced Earth. I will say if TCOM is the best they can do, they should quit. We'll see if the next album will be good or more of the same.

But I think what I'd like the most to diseappear (after Iron Maiden) is all those bands who were once Power/Speed Metal and turned to hard rock and pop rock.

I completely agree with you,and if I may add Mayhem,Venom,and the rest of the crowd that still wear makeup,and cant think anything better than (pseudo)satanic stuff...
And Nightwish(because they ruined it all)....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.02.2011 - 20:14
RavenKing
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.02.2011 at 20:05

I completely agree with you,and if I may add Mayhem,Venom,and the rest of the crowd that still wear makeup,and cant think anything better than (pseudo)satanic stuff...

Agreed on Mayhem and Venom but I have no problem with make-up and pseudo satanism.
----
06.02.2011 - 20:17
ANGEL REAPER
Written by RavenKing on 06.02.2011 at 20:14

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 06.02.2011 at 20:05

Agreed on Mayhem and Venom but I have no problem with make-up and pseudo satanism.

Neither do I but these days all that crowd sounds pretty much the same...(just an opinion,not a rule)
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.02.2011 - 21:22
.Nemesis.
Written by [user id=28526] on 06.02.2011 at 12:51

Written by .Nemesis. on 05.02.2011 at 20:43

Cryptopsy sucks. If you guys like Cryptopsy, no offense. But I HATE them, they don't even deserve to be called metal.

No they don't suck, i like their new style and i like their old style. they have a genrations of old fans and new fans, you can't deny that.

Dude, you cant even hear any of the guitars because the drums are too loud. That is the worst turn-off a metal band can have. (in my opinion)
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.