Metal Storm logo
"Fuck, I wish they'd disband before it gets even worse"

Original post

Posted by MétalNoir, 05.02.2011 - 17:45
Some metal bands get very bad with time, wether because they lack inspiration or just know how to make money with the same formula, except we're not stupid and we can realize that (this is called "sellout", for those of you who didn't know).

Then, for your mental health or simply because you dont want the band's grand legacy corrupted any further, you wish it would split apart and leave a good memory...

If you had the power to disband ONE band in the world (known it's not ours to decide that...), which one would it be?
18.02.2011 - 01:06
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by [user id=105293] on 18.02.2011 at 00:40

Written by wormdrink414 on 17.02.2011 at 23:59

Without fans of bad bands, bad bands wouldn't be recording bad albums every year.

That's no excuse for stereotyping people who like Korpiklaani as imbeciles, based solely on the fact that they support one of their favorite bands, because - guess what - that's what we all do. You're defending the kind of behavior that should be completely unacceptable on MS, joking or no joking.

Quote:

Don't defend Korpiklaani.

Don't tell me who I can and cannot defend. Instead go and read the rules of posting one more time (or more likely, the first time) and think before posting a comment.

Whoa there. It amazes me how frequently people play the "hurt feelings" card. But keep it coming, though. The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. (<--that quote is a bit more suggestive when its taken out of context)
18.02.2011 - 01:09
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by wormdrink414 on 18.02.2011 at 01:06

Without fans of bad bands, bad bands wouldn't be recording bad albums every year.

That's no excuse for stereotyping people who like Korpiklaani as imbeciles, based solely on the fact that they support one of their favorite bands, because - guess what - that's what we all do. You're defending the kind of behavior that should be completely unacceptable on MS, joking or no joking.

Quote:

Don't tell me who I can and cannot defend. Instead go and read the rules of posting one more time (or more likely, the first time) and think before posting a comment.

Whoa there. It amazes me how people play the "hurt feelings" card on threads that invite insults. But keep it coming, though. The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger.

Friends don't let friends post while retarded.
18.02.2011 - 03:15
RavenKing

While I can easily see what Doc means and I admit I agree with his comment to a certain extent (a certain part of Korpiklaani's fanbase is definitely made of imbeciles who most likely don't know shit about metal), I also think we should avoid this kind of generalization. Putting everyone in the same basket is unfair.

It is perfectly right to think sometimes that "only fools can like this crap" (let's be honest, we all have this kind of thought at times) but we should keep this kind of thought for ourselves and not voice it.
You know, we can have the darkest of thoughts in our minds and it doesn't do any harm. But saying it out loud can be harmful.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.02.2011 - 07:11
This band is barely metal but Linkin Park. They've abandoned everything that made them close to metal in the first place and now they just sound like hipster electro alternative rock bullshit.

They were generic anyway when they were nu metal.
18.02.2011 - 08:29
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by RavenKing on 18.02.2011 at 03:15

While I can easily see what Doc means and I admit I agree with his comment to a certain extent (a certain part of Korpiklaani's fanbase is definitely made of imbeciles who most likely don't know shit about metal), I also think we should avoid this kind of generalization. Putting everyone in the same basket is unfair.

It is perfectly right to think sometimes that "only fools can like this crap" (let's be honest, we all have this kind of thought at times) but we should keep this kind of thought for ourselves and not voice it.
You know, we can have the darkest of thoughts in our minds and it doesn't do any harm. But saying it out loud can be harmful.

Much of what I learn comes out of arguments I have with people I disagree with. I'm glad the dude I was talking to doesn't have the power to censor anyone.
18.02.2011 - 14:47
ANGEL REAPER
I see that a lot of fanboys and fangirls still cant stand opinions that differ than theirs ..... Sadly indeed sadly ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
18.02.2011 - 15:47
RavenKing
Written by wormdrink414 on 18.02.2011 at 08:29

Much of what I learn comes out of arguments I have with people I disagree with.

One of the things I enjoy the most on boards is discussions (even long ones) with people who disagree with me, as long as the conversation remains completely neutral and arguments are solely on the subject at hand.
However, if the argument is brought on a personal level, I start enjoying it much less.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.02.2011 - 18:20
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 18.02.2011 at 03:15

It's not harmful, it just plain stupid. I am allergic to stupidity and I don't apologize for it. I haven't even heard a single song from Korpiklaani, but since no one else was going to be the voice of reason, I had to be it (again).
18.02.2011 - 18:32
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted

Much of what I learn comes out of arguments I have with people I disagree with. I'm glad the dude I was talking to doesn't have the power to censor anyone.

An incredibly - and yet not at all surprisingly - hypocritical comment. If you were a moderator, you would apparently ban every single debate as evidenced by what you said earlier:

Which translates out to: you have no right to speak if you disagree with me! It also means that the statement:

Is utterly moronic. It's rather difficult to learn from those you disagree with, when your only reaction is: DON'T FUCKING DISAGREE!

I don't know about the IQs of Korpiklaani or their fans, since I don't listen to them, but I think there should be an IQ test before one can become a member of MS.
18.02.2011 - 19:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=105293] on 18.02.2011 at 18:32

I think there should be an IQ test before one can become a member of MS.

But that would take all the fun out of discussions like this one.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.02.2011 - 19:46
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.02.2011 at 19:38

I think there should be an IQ test before one can become a member of MS.

But that would take all the fun out of discussions like this one.

Heh...I do enjoy verbally pwning people from time to time But what I'd enjoy even more, was if people would stop doing the following things: 1) making unwarranted personal attacks against fans of bands they don't like 2) taking criticism of on their favorite bands personally. It never ceases to baffle me how when you attack a band, fans take it as an attack on them and when you defend fans from someone who attacked them, others come along and mistake that for a defense of the band. Half the time I am on MS, I don't know whether I have been transported into an upside-down bizarro universe. It can be fun though.
18.02.2011 - 23:12
wormdrink414
Elite

An incredibly - and yet not at all surprisingly - hypocritical comment. If you were a moderator, you would apparently ban every single debate as evidenced by what you said earlier:

Which translates out to: you have no right to speak if you disagree with me! It also means that the statement:

Is utterly moronic. It's rather difficult to learn from those you disagree with, when your only reaction is: DON'T FUCKING DISAGREE!

I don't know about the IQs of Korpiklaani or their fans, since I don't listen to them, but I think there should be an IQ test before one can become a member of MS.

You strike me as the humorless sort. "Don't defend korpiklaani!" Note the exclamation mark. Not all threads are going to invite thoughtful discussion. "Fuck, I wish they'd disband before it gets even worse" is the name of the thread. What part of that--is it the informal language?--don't you understand? People are going to come on here and joke. If you don't like that, you are free to voice your opinion, but we certainly have the right to call you a jerk off.

"Is utterly moronic. It's rather difficult to learn from those you disagree with, when your only reaction is: DON'T FUCKING DISAGREE!"

But let's take a look at all this formal language of yours now, shall we? "MORON: a person affected with mild mental retardation." How kind of you. Ad hominem, unnecessary, but kind. The utterly is unnecessary too, by the way. What makes my argument (that all argument should be protected) completely mildly retarded? Is it that after you replied with that censorious instinct of yours stinking up the thread, I told you in jest to not defend Korpiklaani? Well. Either tell me why Korpiklaani should be defended and their fans protected, or accept the fact that fun was being had and ease your way out of here. This is getting trying.

Now on to the dangerous "only". You, sir, haven't once given room for a debate to blossom. I was hoping that this might turn into a debate on freedom of speech. The issue of the political incorrectness of making fun of fans of a band is too dull for words, and I'm sure you know that.

"I think there should be an IQ test before one can become a member of MS." You've been on the attack non-stop. I'll repeat: If you don't like people joking (and jokes have to be at someone's expense), you are free to voice your opinion, but don't be surprised when others call you a dick. Dick.
18.02.2011 - 23:28
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by wormdrink414 on 18.02.2011 at 23:12

You strike me as the humorless sort. "Don't defend korpiklaani!" Note the exclamation mark. Not all threads are going to invite thoughtful discussion. "Fuck, I wish they'd disband before it gets even worse" is the name of the thread. What part of that--is it the informal language?--don't you understand? People are going to come on here and joke. If you don't like that, you are free to voice your opinion, but we certainly have the right to call you a jerk off.

You have the right to call me whatever the hell you want. I have the right not to give a rat's ass. I wasn't irritated by anything said of me, because _nothing_ was said of me. I don't like stereotyping and I don't apologize for it. If all opinions and statements are welcome, then what's your problem?

Quote:

But let's take a look at all this formal language of yours now, shall we? "MORON: a person affected with mild mental retardation." How kind of you. Ad hominem, unnecessary, but kind.

I am rude to shock people out of stupidity. Is it working?

Quote:

The utterly is unnecessary too, by the way. What makes my argument (that all argument should be protected) completely mildly retarded?

You're right. The fact that you posted two completely contradictory statements, one being that I shouldn't defend Korpiklaani (i.e. shut up!) and the other being that you enjoy talking to people who disagree with you (i.e. Keep talking!) does not indicate that you are a moron. It indicates that you might be schizophrenic.

Quote:

Either tell me why Korpiklaani should be defended and their fans protected, or accept the fact that fun was being had and ease your way out of here.

I never defended Korpiklaani, but if I had - which I didn't - then no one would have the right to tell me to just shut up. Arguments + counter arguments = a debate. Arguments + "don't disagree" = stupidity.

Quote:

Now on to the dangerous "only". You, sir, haven't once given room for a debate to blossom.

Yes I have. I never said anything along the lines of: "don't say this" or "don't say that". YOU DID.

Quote:

I was hoping that this might turn into a debate on freedom of speech.

No you weren't.

Quote:

"I think there should be an IQ test before one can become a member of MS." You've been on the attack non-stop.

No, I haven't. I said I didn't understand someone who criticized fans for the sole reason of liking a band that he thought was bad. That's not an attack.

Quote:

I'll repeat: If you don't like people joking (and jokes have to be at someone's expense), you are free to voice your opinion, but don't be surprised when others call you a dick. Dick.

I may be a dick, but at least I am not just another dick without balls. Cheers.
18.02.2011 - 23:31
Wyrd
A little off topic guys
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
18.02.2011 - 23:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Slightly. Back to disbanding!

Anyone for Arch Enemy?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.02.2011 - 23:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.02.2011 at 23:36

Slightly. Back to disbanding!

Anyone for Arch Enemy?

Yes me me me. They should have done so after Wages Of Sin. Now it's turned intoa marketing trick.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.02.2011 - 23:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Thank you! Thank you!
----
18.02.2011 - 23:41
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by [user id=105293] on 18.02.2011 at 23:28

Written by wormdrink414 on 18.02.2011 at 23:12

You have the right to call me whatever the hell you want. I have the right not to give a rat's ass. I wasn't irritated by anything said of me, because _nothing_ was said of me. I don't like stereotyping and I don't apologize for it. If all opinions and statements are welcome, then what's your problem?

Quote:

But let's take a look at all this formal language of yours now, shall we? "MORON: a person affected with mild mental retardation." How kind of you. Ad hominem, unnecessary, but kind.

I am rude to shock people out of stupidity. Is it working?

Quote:

The utterly is unnecessary too, by the way. What makes my argument (that all argument should be protected) completely mildly retarded?

You're right. The fact that you posted two completely contradictory statements, one being that I shouldn't defend Korpiklaani (i.e. shut up!) and the other being that you enjoy talking to people who disagree with you (i.e. Keep talking!) does not indicate that you are a moron. It indicates that you might be schizophrenic.

Quote:

Either tell me why Korpiklaani should be defended and their fans protected, or accept the fact that fun was being had and ease your way out of here.

I never defended Korpiklaani, but if I had - which I didn't - then no one would have the right to tell me to just shut up. Arguments + counter arguments = a debate. Arguments + "don't disagree" = stupidity.

Quote:

Now on to the dangerous "only". You, sir, haven't once given room for a debate to blossom.

Yes I have. I never said anything along the lines of: "don't say this" or "don't say that". YOU DID.

Quote:

I was hoping that this might turn into a debate on freedom of speech.

No you weren't.

Quote:

"I think there should be an IQ test before one can become a member of MS." You've been on the attack non-stop.

No, I haven't. I said I didn't understand someone who criticized fans for the sole reason of liking a band that he thought was bad. That's not an attack.

Quote:

I'll repeat: If you don't like people joking (and jokes have to be at someone's expense), you are free to voice your opinion, but don't be surprised when others call you a dick. Dick.

I may be a dick, but at least I am not just another dick without balls. Cheers.

Once again. You've done nothing but attack me. My argument is simple. People are going to come to threads like this and say things that will upset you. Not everyone's a relativist, and, sometimes, relativists pretend like they aren't. So, your left with three sorts of people. People who are willing to joke (even if its at their expense, Doc knew what he was saying), people who can't joke, and junkyard dogs. You are acting like a junkyard dog. Don't let the kids have their fun, just attack and bite.

Your only argument against me is that I said "Don't defend Korpiklaani!''. If you can't tell that I was being facetious, then I'll have it to leave it to what little audience we might have.

Alright. I'm done. Made my point. Back to the topic.
18.02.2011 - 23:45
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by wormdrink414 on 18.02.2011 at 23:41

You are acting like a junkyard dog. Don't let the kids have their fun, just attack and bite.

Can't you see how you're undermining your own case???
18.02.2011 - 23:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
FFS we have been saying BACK ON TOPIC.
From now on every non-topic post between the two of you will be deleted. Simple
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.02.2011 - 23:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=105293] on 18.02.2011 at 23:45

Written by wormdrink414 on 18.02.2011 at 23:41

You are acting like a junkyard dog. Don't let the kids have their fun, just attack and bite.

Can't you see how you're undermining your own case???

Guys seriously, back on topic lest the thread closes. Continue via PM if needed.
----
18.02.2011 - 23:51
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.02.2011 at 23:47

Guys seriously, back on topic lest the thread closes. Continue via PM if needed.

Fine, fine... Bands that should quit, huh? Umm...Bakteria? Not that they should have started in the first place.
18.02.2011 - 23:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I can agree with that - to disbanding and to not forming.
----
19.02.2011 - 00:02
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.02.2011 at 23:56

I can agree with that - to disbanding and to not forming.

Yep, Bakteria are the most horrible thing I've ever heard. Also, now that I think about it, Wintersun should have officially disbanded after their debut, so they wouldn't have been under pressure to release Time and the fans wouldn't have been biting their nails all this time. That way, should they eventually release a new album, it would come as a nice surprise as opposed to the disappointment of the decade.
19.02.2011 - 00:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I especially second disbanding Wintersun if only for the sake of the MS Awards' greatest letdown category. It's going to win via write-in every year until its release, and in my opinion the first album wasn't anything to write home about anyway! God that band frustrates me, more than Arch Enemy and Bakteria combined.
----
19.02.2011 - 01:14
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
At the moment, I would disband Dimmu... but CoF turned great after Thornography, so maybe DB's next offering will be listenable.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
19.02.2011 - 01:29
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.02.2011 at 00:06

I especially second disbanding Wintersun if only for the sake of the MS Awards' greatest letdown category. It's going to win via write-in every year until its release, and in my opinion the first album wasn't anything to write home about anyway! God that band frustrates me, more than Arch Enemy and Bakteria combined.

pointless. then wintersun disbanding would win let-down year after year... or some variant, as in "wintersun not reuniting" would. we would need the very existence of wintersun to be wiped from the space-time continuum.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.02.2011 - 01:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 19.02.2011 at 01:29

Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.02.2011 at 00:06

pointless. then wintersun disbanding would win let-down year after year... or some variant, as in "wintersun not reuniting" would. we would need the very existence of wintersun to be wiped from the space-time continuum.

what about we create a separate category called The Wintersun Award where the Wintersun fanfannies can write in their biggest disappointment about the band?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.02.2011 - 02:12
ANGEL REAPER

Anyone for Arch Enemy?

Honestly after Roots ... I'm for...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
19.02.2011 - 02:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 19.02.2011 at 02:12

Anyone for Arch Enemy?

Honestly after Roots ... I'm for...

The Root of All Evil is undoubtedly one of the worst "compilation" albums I've ever listened to. It's not just a matter of "tarnishing Liiva's legacy" as some people might argue, but the entire album is just ugly. Angela's vocals are weak and unfitting of the original songs, the production is inappropriately grimy, and each song seems - musically - worse. For that release alone I'd say they have my wish to disband, but they've been releasing generic melo-death/thrash for way too long now.
----