Metal Storm logo
Converge

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 13.09.2006 - 08:32
i've only Talked to one other person on here that we're into these guys...so i'm curious to know who else here is a fan...anyways Converge is My Favorite Band...They Have to be one of The Most Unique and Creative Punk/Metal bands within the last 13 years...not to Mention Singer Jacob Bannon does all the Converge album art and runs Deathwish inc and does all the album art for the deathwish roster as well,so come here if you wanna shoot the shit about any your' favorite album/song...Jacob bannon's art,their upcoming album,..everything Converge Nukka!
04.10.2012 - 23:03
IronAngel
Yeah, it's a sweet album. Can't compare it to the rest of their discography yet, but it's certainly no disappointment.

I think I'll go see them (with Touché Amoré, A Storm Of Light and The Secret) in December. It's just 20?, reasonable enough.
05.10.2012 - 00:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by IronAngel on 04.10.2012 at 23:03
I think I'll go see them (with Touché Amoré, A Storm Of Light and The Secret) in December. It's just 20?, reasonable enough.

I would go see that in a hearbeat for that price and bands tbh...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.10.2012 - 01:40
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.10.2012 at 00:23

I would go see that in a hearbeat for that price and bands tbh...

I may go see Converge play with Torche, Kvelertak and Whips/Chains in November. Show is only $15, which comes out to about 11.50 euros.
05.10.2012 - 14:22
Uldreth

Yeah, it's a sweet album. Can't compare it to the rest of their discography yet, but it's certainly no disappointment.

Same here, fortunate I like all four bands involved. I especially look forward to A Storm Of Light!

But maaaaan I can't wait.
05.10.2012 - 15:00
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Uldreth on 05.10.2012 at 14:22

Same here, fortunate I like all four bands involved. I especially look forward to A Storm Of Light!

But maaaaan I can't wait.

A Storm of Light were actually quite cool when I saw them live. Quite a surprise, sounded better live than on record. Oh and they've got a cute guitarist
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
06.11.2012 - 07:48
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Just got back from seeing Converge, Torche and Kvelertak. Oh man, what a great show! The bands were great as usual and the crowd was pumped ... maybe a little too pumped because a few were thrown out for hitting each other in the pit, etc.
10.12.2012 - 00:35
IronAngel
Just got home from the aforementioned gig. Converge were great, but I must say Touché Amoré were the highlight of the evening. Incredibly energetic and in-your-face. If you get a chance to see this tour, I highly recommend it.
10.12.2012 - 19:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by IronAngel on 10.12.2012 at 00:35

Just got home from the aforementioned gig. Converge were great, but I must say Touché Amoré were the highlight of the evening. Incredibly energetic and in-your-face. If you get a chance to see this tour, I highly recommend it.

Touche Amore were totally terrible. Probably the most horrible vocals I heard in quite a while and musically a third rate Papa Roach. They were by far the worst of the Converge, A Storm Of Light, The Secret line-up. Music and band which are easily marketable to angsty teenagers and are therefore so popular.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2012 - 20:41
IronAngel
Didn't see any angsty teenagers at the venue, to be honest. Just an above-average crowd with a better pit than at your typical metal gig. A Storm Of Light were decent, but they're about as generic and stiff as it gets. And listening to Converge blast their way through an hour of music at the same intensity is pretty exhausting. These guys had a sense of dynamics and drama. And man, those vocals are great!

Not sure when screamo bands on indepenent labels became easily marketable, anyway. It's a considerably more underground and hated genre than metal's substyles.
10.12.2012 - 20:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by IronAngel on 10.12.2012 at 20:41

Didn't see any angsty teenagers at the venue, to be honest. Just an above-average crowd with a better pit than at your typical metal gig. A Storm Of Light were decent, but they're about as generic and stiff as it gets. And listening to Converge blast their way through an hour of music at the same intensity is pretty exhausting. These guys had a sense of dynamics and drama. And man, those vocals are great!

Not sure when screamo bands on indepenent labels became easily marketable, anyway. It's a considerably more underground and hated genre than metal's substyles.

yes ASOL is generic but Touche Amore is just as generic, or even more so, I dare say. They are some of the worst screamo out there
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2012 - 21:03
IronAngel
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.12.2012 at 20:44

yes ASOL is generic but Touche Amore is just as generic, or even more so, I dare say. They are some of the worst screamo out there

Well there I sort of agree with you. I was never crazy about them. I wouldn't say they're some of the worst, but they're certainly not the cream of the crop either. I considered them a solid 3/5 band (much like ASOL, though the sheer number of better atmosludge bands makes them less interesting) earlier, but I felt their show was a pleasant surprise.
10.12.2012 - 23:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.12.2012 at 19:45
Touche Amore were totally terrible. Probably the most horrible vocals I heard in quite a while and musically a third rate Papa Roach. They were by far the worst of the Converge, A Storm Of Light, The Secret line-up. Music and band which are easily marketable to angsty teenagers and are therefore so popular.

You went to that gig? I think I'm quite aware of your opinions of those bands except The Secret. How were they? I've seen them twice (once at Roadburn) and they were pretty neat to me.
I gotta check out that Touche Amore now... Curiosity and stuff.
----
Rod, let me love you.
10.12.2012 - 23:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.12.2012 at 23:46

You went to that gig? I think I'm quite aware of your opinions of those bands except The Secret. How were they? I've seen them twice (once at Roadburn) and they were pretty neat to me.

The Secret were great, shame they only got 30 minutes or so.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2012 - 23:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Checked half of each of Touche Amore's two albums... I actually said out loud " oh man just SHUT THE FUCK UP". The voice just got worse and worse with time. The music wasn't bad tbh, they could improve a lot just by kicking the whiny singer.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.12.2012 at 23:49
The Secret were great, shame they only got 30 minutes or so.

I know right? I've seen them twice and at Roadburn I only got to see them for 30 min or probably even less than that because we had to go or something and when they toured with Kverletak as support (along with Wolves Like Us and Toxik Holocaust, man what a line-up) they only got 30 min as well. xD
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.05.2013 - 00:59
TastetheSin
I saw Converge for the first time on Monday. I've been a fan for years and we live in the same state but it just never happened somehow. I also got to see Dropdead for the first time and Doomriders for the third. Converge is amazing. They get better with every release.