03. Living Dead Community
04. Great Inquisitor
05. Global Justice
06. My Bleeding Heart
07. Butcher
08. Untimely Deceased
09. Inside My Mind
10. Experiment In Blood

Between old school Death Metal, Grind and even with some touches of "technical" music, Morrah is a new Death Metal band from Russia and their first album "Experiment In Blood" is a good surprise. So if you like real Death (we're not talking about Gothenburg music here), please have a look on this review.

As I said in my introduction, Morrah plays a varied Death. This is not something melodic, this is brutal as hell, especially at the end of the album where songs flirt with Grind and Brutal Death Metal. I like the fact that even if the music of Morrah is aggressive, we still have technical effort on all the songs. It's not brutality to do brutality, it's not noise. For example, you'll be able to listen to a lot the bass, and let me tell you that Mikhail Karavanov knows how to play (and write) hyper technical lines of bass guitar. At the end, a song like "Insomnia" never lacks of rhythm (remember the bass stuff) and its complex structure in addition of a "stay in your head" riff is really enjoyable.

But in my opinion the only little bad point of the album comes from the fact that the music starts to lack of intensity and starts to be a bit repetitive after the middle of the album. I mean that if the first songs are all but not boring, the last ones seem to be a bit more easy. Not so complex and more into the "grind" side which means that the riffs are a lot more basic. The ones who like this side of Death Metal will probably not be disappointed but all the other ones who prefer classic Death will find it boring with time I think.

If you're into Death Metal, why don't you try Morrah's last album "Experiment In Blood"? After all, it's a good release of Death Metal and young bands that choose to play "real" Death should have all our support right? Plus even if everything isn't perfect here, we still have a lot of quality on this release so if you like Death, try this release, I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 21.09.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 7 users
21.09.2006 - 18:33
Herzebeth
pfff...this album is good IMO; the fact that these guys play the cool side of Deathgrind is fucking amazing (like early Brutal Truth and maybe Gore Metal stuff without the Gore shit haha) , yes it's repetitive and the songwriting isn't really that good...but a band like Morrah worths more than a 7...at least in my books..
----
21.09.2006 - 19:09
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
A 7 is a good rating imo ...

How many 7/10 or 14/20 did you have at school ?

No, more seriously, imo the first part of the album deserve more than a 8.5... but the end is a bit boring... I couldn't give more than 7 then
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!

Hits total: 3199 | This month: 11