Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - To Hold L.A. Press Conference On 11/11/11

According to Rolling Stone, the four original members of Black Sabbath will be holding a press conference at Los Angeles' famed Whiskey a Go-Go club on November 11th at 11:11 AM (hence the 11.11.11 posted on their official website). It is widely expected that the group will announce a reunion, but a press release merely says it will be a "special announcement at the same location where the influential band made their Los Angeles debut on November 11, 41 years ago." Henry Rollins will be hosting the event.

Source: rollingstone.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 06.11.2011 by Pandabeer

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 254 users
07.11.2011 - 04:21
Timmeh
Dudeman
Written by psykometal on 06.11.2011 at 19:46

I'm going to be way too engulfed in Skyrim to try to catch this...lol

Same.
07.11.2011 - 05:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Maybe they'll announce their decision to join the military, since it's Remembrance Day...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.11.2011 - 05:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by RavenKing on 06.11.2011 at 17:11
Those old bands have been out-talented decades ago.

Look out RK you pissed off the fanboys again!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.11.2011 - 06:52
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.11.2011 at 05:40

Maybe they'll announce their decision to join the military, since it's Remembrance Day...

Lmao, I instantly got a replay in my head of the beginning of the 5th season of Boston Legal when Denny and Alan got accepted into the US Coast Guard upon reading this...\m/
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

07.11.2011 - 07:29
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HENRY ROLLNS! Best Host choice ever!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.11.2011 - 11:10
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Can't be assed. Skyrim's out that day.
----
THRASH!!!
08.11.2011 - 00:59
malaikat
Written by [user id=111774] on 06.11.2011 at 23:01

It's silly for people to imply that any 'evolution' in any art form is positive. Things can change for the worse you know; change in itself is not inherently good. Autotune was a major step forward in the 'evolution' of music production and sure as hell isn't a positive change.

Ofcourse, evolution isn't GOOD or BAD by default. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Take platypus for example

08.11.2011 - 08:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by malaikat on 08.11.2011 at 00:59
Take platypus for example

DOES WORK
----
08.11.2011 - 09:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
What did Platypus' evolve from?

This announcement is obviously either to announce a reunion, or to quash the rumours of one... Im a bit undecided as to whether Id be happy about them reuniting or not. I think I'd prefer the Sabbath guys to reunite with Gillan again rather than Ozzy
08.11.2011 - 09:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.11.2011 at 09:02
What did Platypus' evolve from?

Ozzy.
----
08.11.2011 - 09:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.11.2011 at 09:18
Ozzy.

Nein.
08.11.2011 - 22:03
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Obviously they're going to announce a reunion. Personally I couldn't care less since Ozzy is a washed-up joke nowadays.
09.11.2011 - 08:53
BloodFireDeath

Written by Arcticus on 06.11.2011 at 17:03

Written by RavenKing on 06.11.2011 at 15:37

They will probably add more drama to their already long list.
One more reason to hate old has-been bands.

Yeah, those old has-been bands, that created the genre/s we love, and without whom your favourite bands wouldn't exist, sure do suck.

I'm used to this kind of reaction. Nothing like metalheads to be stuck in the past.
Sad to see how lots of people so pathetically fail to evolve and see what those bands are now, and not what they were 30 years ago.

Ive seen you troll forever and I want to see you actually like something.
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder
09.11.2011 - 08:54
BloodFireDeath
Written by Mad Mike on 06.11.2011 at 19:17

Written by Arcticus on 06.11.2011 at 17:03

Written by RavenKing on 06.11.2011 at 15:37

They will probably add more drama to their already long list.
One more reason to hate old has-been bands.

Yeah, those old has-been bands, that created the genre/s we love, and without whom your favourite bands wouldn't exist, sure do suck.

I'm used to this kind of reaction. Nothing like metalheads to be stuck in the past.
Sad to see how lots of people so pathetically fail to evolve and see what those bands are now, and not what they were 30 years ago.

Out-talented decades ago???
Umm, okay... by using your logic, Inception is a better movie than The Godfather, PS3 is a better console than N64, and LoG and Devildriver are better than Sabbath. Those are statements so absurd to say that I almost want to cry...
Sad to see how lots of pretentious, ego-maniacal people call themselves ''Trve metalheads'' and yet don't have any respect whatsoever of the men who created this music in the first place.

THANK YOU. I am sick of these trolls parading these sites.
----
09.11.2011 - 09:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by BloodFireDeath on 09.11.2011 at 08:54
THANK YOU. I am sick of these trolls parading these sites.

While many a troll wander 'round these parts, I can assure you RavenKing is no such thing. He's got a reputation, that's for sure. But a troll he is not.
----
09.11.2011 - 09:20
BloodFireDeath
I demand RavenKing prove his song writing abilities and hist guitar plaing ability to be better than John Pettrucci. Come on my friend if you are so good show us how it is done. Im serious. You have said so much shit can you back it up? If you cna't then I think we soudl hate your and exile you forever.
----
09.11.2011 - 09:26
BloodFireDeath
RavenKing I dare you to write better music than Manowar, Ozzy, Slayer, COB, SYL, Devin Townsend, DT, Satyricaon, Emperor, Annihilator, etc. AFter that we sill believe the horsehit you say. Fuck you.
----
09.11.2011 - 09:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by BloodFireDeath on 09.11.2011 at 09:26
RavenKing I dare you to write better music than Manowar, Ozzy, Slayer, COB, SYL, Devin Townsend, DT, Satyricaon, Emperor, Annihilator, etc. AFter that we sill believe the horsehit you say. Fuck you.

Calm it down cowboy, no need to get your panties in a wad because someone has a different opinion than you.
----
09.11.2011 - 09:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 09:03
While many a troll wander 'round these parts, I can assure you RavenKing is no such thing. He's got a reputation, that's for sure. But a troll he is not.

Yep. He definitely isn't a troll. Sure, he has some pretty extreme opinions in regards to metal as a whole, and traditional metal in particular. Some of which I myself definitely don't agree with, but I respect his opinions, and his right to hold and air them without being bashed or labelled a "troll" for it. In fact, whilst his opinions are sometimes very far off from my own as regards to some metal topics, he is one of the very few members on this site who's views I genuinely respect, even if I don't always agree with them.
09.11.2011 - 09:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.11.2011 at 09:44
Yep. He definitely isn't a troll.

He certainly has a way with the fanboys.
----
09.11.2011 - 09:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 09:49
He certainly has a way with the fanboys.

That's true, he does, but that isn't really trolling. I've never seen him personally bashing anyone who didn't deserve it, and some of these fanboys need to be taken down a peg or two anyways.
10.11.2011 - 00:59
RavenKing
@BloodFireDeath: You will only get this reply from me: Your pathetic rants and immature insults don't deserve an elaborate answer. And keep your pms for yourself. You won't get any answer, anyway.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
10.11.2011 - 20:36
BrightNight
Let me first say this, If you are a metalhead you have to be automatically a fan (fanboy?) of Black Sabbath, even if you dont know them. Some people love them, some just like their music and there are some who dont like them. If you dont like their music you still DO respect them because you are a Metalhead and you know the history and the origins of your sub culture. If you dont, your not a f*cking Metalhead. Its not my opinion its a fact.

People (like RavenKing) who have "ego" enough to say Black Sabbath is outdated have clearly NO idea what the hell Heavy Metal music is about. You can say stuff like "its my oppinion and you dont have to agree" but thats just bullshit. Someone who says Black Sabbath is outdated is not making a opinion he is just pissing in the wind.

I will not give you my oppinion i will give you a Fact: Black Sabbath cannot be outdated, they are in the first place the blueprint of every metalriff, metalband or song.
A Metalhead saying that Black Sabbath is Outdated is the same as a Christian saying "Jezus is outdated". Anyway, no music or form of art can be outdated.

Arguments like; They cant play technical and not so BRUTAL FAST like bands do nowdays is quite irrelevant. Technical, Death Melodic metal, and what have you, where not possible in that time in the first place. What they did do is make it happen later on. For the record, Black Sabbath is not a technical death metalband so they dont play that kind of music. Does that mean that all slower, less technical bands nowdays are outdated to? This discussion is outdated!

Am i a Black Sabbath Fanboy? Yes i am. But even if i wasnt i am a Metalhead and therefore would still say exactly the same.

As for the press conference on 11/11/11 i hope ofcourse they will announce a tour again or maybe it will just be a farewell to the fans. We will know tommorow!

Black Sabbath with Ozzy in topform or in less, it doesnt matter to me. We are talking about legends here. They need to prove nothing they dont have to be in topform or look and play like they did 40 years ago, they are the essence of all that is Metal. Just to be maybe the last generation to witness the metal gods onstage is for me enough reason to be excited about.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
10.11.2011 - 20:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by BrightNight on 10.11.2011 at 20:36
DEATH TO FALSE METALHEADS WHO HATE BLACK SABBATH

tl;dr

You should get a sense of humor. Black Sabbath did a lot for metal, invented it pretty much, but that doesn't mean anyone HAS to respect them.
----
10.11.2011 - 21:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Anyone who says "death to false metalheads" (and therefore using a ridiculous phrase invented by Manowar) really can't be taken seriously at all...

And for the record, I am a big fan of Sabbath.
11.11.2011 - 02:01
RavenKing
Written by BrightNight on 10.11.2011 at 20:36

Let me first say this, If you are a metalhead you have to be automatically a fan (fanboy?) of Black Sabbath, even if you dont know them. Some people love them, some just like their music and there are some who dont like them. If you dont like their music you still DO respect them because you are a Metalhead and you know the history and the origins of your sub culture. If you dont, your not a f*cking Metalhead. Its not my opinion its a fact.

People (like RavenKing) who have "ego" enough to say Black Sabbath is outdated have clearly NO idea what the hell Heavy Metal music is about. You can say stuff like "its my oppinion and you dont have to agree" but thats just bullshit. Someone who says Black Sabbath is outdated is not making a opinion he is just pissing in the wind.

I will not give you my oppinion i will give you a Fact: Black Sabbath cannot be outdated, they are in the first place the blueprint of every metalriff, metalband or song.
A Metalhead saying that Black Sabbath is Outdated is the same as a Christian saying "Jezus is outdated". Anyway, no music or form of art can be outdated.

Arguments like; They cant play technical and not so BRUTAL FAST like bands do nowdays is quite irrelevant. Technical, Death Melodic metal, and what have you, where not possible in that time in the first place. What they did do is make it happen later on. For the record, Black Sabbath is not a technical death metalband so they dont play that kind of music. Does that mean that all slower, less technical bands nowdays are outdated to? This discussion is outdated!

Am i a Black Sabbath Fanboy? Yes i am. But even if i wasnt i am a Metalhead and therefore would still say exactly the same.

As for the press conference on 11/11/11 i hope ofcourse they will announce a tour again or maybe it will just be a farewell to the fans. We will know tommorow!

Black Sabbath with Ozzy in topform or in less, it doesnt matter to me. We are talking about legends here. They need to prove nothing they dont have to be in topform or look and play like they did 40 years ago, they are the essence of all that is Metal. Just to be maybe the last generation to witness the metal gods onstage is for me enough reason to be excited about.

My only answer is this mentality that says "if you don't like x band, you're not a metalhead" or "if you don't like Darkthrone, you're not a Black Metal fan" is utterly ridiculous. As if your appreciation of an entire genre can be reduced to simply liking a band or not.
If you can't see the difference between liking metal music and liking a particular band, you're obviously too stupid for me to bother for your opinion, especially as your reasoning is flawed enough to mistake your opinions for facts.
Remain stuck in the past, like so many metalheads are.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
11.11.2011 - 02:14
Void Eater
Account deleted
Tl;Dr version of people whining about Ravenking.

"I am appaled that a person on the internet who has no relevance to my life has a different taste in music than me!"

Written by Angelic Storm on 09.11.2011 at 09:44

he is one of the very few members on this site who's views I genuinely respect

I'm in that group also, right? RIGHT?
11.11.2011 - 08:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I'm assuming it's 11:11am EST, which means they're about 9 hours away from revealing their "big secret".
----
11.11.2011 - 09:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=111774] on 11.11.2011 at 02:14
I'm in that group also, right? RIGHT?

Emm... we've barely chatted on here at all. :\ Anyways, I can't see why earning my respect would matter to you one way or the other...
12.11.2011 - 08:57
BloodFireDeath
Written by RavenKing on 10.11.2011 at 00:59

@BloodFireDeath: You will only get this reply from me: Your pathetic rants and immature insults don't deserve an elaborate answer. And keep your pms for yourself. You won't get any answer, anyway.

Ok.
----

Hits total: 5289 | This month: 5