‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 389  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Infernal Eternal on 22.07.2012 at 14:16
Destruction - Sentence of Death/Infernal Overkill, their debut plus the awesome Sentence of Death EP
Accept - a compilation of songs from Restless and Wild and Balls to the Wall, it has 15 out of the 20 songs of both albums combined.

Page 34 of 34

Krankheit

11.05.2015 at 21:50
Sepulchral Zeal - Open
The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
Egypt - Egypt
Sarath - Siste Indre
Lugubrum - De Totem
Lifelover - Erotik
Archgoat - Whore Of Bethlehem
Drudkh - A Furrow Cut Short
Shining - IX - Everyone, Everything, Everywhere, Ends
Svartidauði - The Synthesis Of Whore And Beast
----
God is busy… save yourself
Ganondox

12.05.2015 at 23:40
Dirt by Alice in Chains, so freaking good.
Chronic

17.05.2015 at 05:28
Mayhem - Live In Jessheim vinyl. Released 1990 on Deathlikesilence records.

Crom - The Cocaine Wars 1974 - 1989 vinyl. Not the viking band, a grind thrash crusty band from California.

The Shrine - Waiting For The War vinyl.
----
My problem is a bunch of motherfuckers we don't even know calling us assholes on the internet to teenagers and guys who can't even get laid.
Putting a stop to that is the most important thing we could ever do.
sentinel65

17.05.2015 at 05:34
Written by Ganondox on 12.05.2015 at 23:40

Dirt by Alice in Chains, so freaking good.

Definitely my favorite grunge album. One of my favorite aspects is that not only is the music very good, but its also a very emotional album.

I recently purchased:
At the Heart of Winter - Immortal
Anthems of Rebellion - Arch Enemy
In the Nightside Eclipse - Emperor
I'm looking more into both black metal and death metal, these are some of the albums I've listened to in the past couple days.
deadone
has a mangina

21.05.2015 at 08:01
Finally got off my arse and got Angel Dust - Of Human Bondage which is one of my favourite power metal albums of all time.
-Morbid-

23.05.2015 at 06:39
I recently got a big haul of stuff in from mail order sales, Deepsend's "buy 3 get 1 free" deal and a nice independent release. It's been a bit of an overload really.

Gilgamesh - The Awakening: Blackened death metal with a strong sense of melody and an "epic" feel to it, with an ancient Mesopotamian theme. A bit like less symphonic and more consistent Keep of Kalessin, but leaning a bit more towards the death metal side with some occasional thrashiness thrown in. Enthusiastic performance with catchy riffs and very competent song-writing. Independent release, but a very professional one with nice artwork and a silver CD. Great album really, can't imagine these guys remaining un-signed for long (if they are looking to get signed that is). Highly recommend checking it out at their bandcamp.

Dead Eyed Sleeper - In Memory of Mankind: Proggy, techy death metal, but not too over the top. Good release, sticks a bit to the proggier side of things like Through Forests of Nonentities. Great band made up of a few guys from doom band Ahab, and I'm a bit surprised how under-the-radar they seem to be. Had to contact the band for this one and they let me sub it into their hand-numbered wooden boxes instead of one of their other two albums (I already had them). Neat packaging, but the wooden box only holds 2 CDs and with their fourth on the way it isn't really useful to hold the collection though.

Sickening Horror - Overflow: Progressive/tech death with a very jazzy feel to it. Whole thing has a very casual and relaxed feeling to it, which is unique. Probably lacks a bit of brutality needed to satisfy lots of tech death fans, but it's a nice change of pace I think. I keep getting little riffs and solo bits stuck in my head.

Cerebrum - Cosmic Enigma: More progressive/tech death with jazzy leanings, but this one is more on the death metal side of things. Surprisingly memorable given the type of music that it is. Had my eyes on it for a while, it's on Amputated Vein (Japanese label) so it's not super easy to find in the US, so I snagged it as part of the deal and am pleased with my purchase.

Essence of Datum - Event Horizon: Instrumental melodic death metal that is very heavy on solos. A bit heavier than a lot of the shred/solo albums out, and has some nice memorable stuff. Cool Paolo Girardi artwork. Re-issue on a small Eastern European label that fucked up the album title and typo-ed a few song titles.

Dawn of Demise - A Force Unstoppable: Liked their first album more than I expected so I picked this one up. Hasn't hooked me quite as much but it's still growing on me. Nice, simple, chunky death metal that is satisfying even if it isn't mind-blowing.

Dawn of Demise - Rejoice in Vengeance: I'm weird and like to "absorb" my albums in chronological order if I can, so I've only listened to this one once or twice since I'm still on A Force Unstoppable, but it seems like it continues on their path.

Deus Otiosus - Godless: Old-school feeling death metal that doesn't do the Swedish throwback thing. Some thrash in there, and I hear a strong traditional heavy metal influence in it as well. A bit like Deceased in aesthetic, but not in execution. Good, catchy, fun stuff.

Deus Otiosus - Rise: As above with the Dawn of Demise, I'm listening to Godless more since it came out first, but sounds like it carries on where Godless left off.

Offending - Age of Perversion: High quality death metal from a bunch of guys from black metal bands. Hard to find much to fault this on at all, and lots of guitar solos which always please me. All the ingredients in just the right amounts. Regretting not getting their first album as well. Thought this sounded good from the previews but it exceeded expectations.

Maveth - Coils of the Black Earth: Blackened death metal with a healthy dose of brutality. Disappointed me a bit at first but I feel the album gets stronger as it goes and is growing on me still. I think the production does a nice job balancing a bit murkiness and fuzz with enough clarity.

Svyatogor - Doctor Veritas: Kinda weird blackened gothic metal I guess? Some proggy moments and some simple but catchy heavy metal parts. Took a chance on it since it was a whopping $1.85 with free shipping (dunno how they even make money at that) and I'd say it was worth it. Admittedly it's probably not something that will see regular trips through my player but it's unique enough and enjoyable enough that it will be a nice surprise when it comes on shuffle.

Dementor - Enslave the Weak: Picked it up because it was $3.95 with free shipping and I liked God Defamer so much. The same kinda early Morbid Angel-esque stuff with the brutality turned up a few notches, but the production is a bit disappointing so it won't see as much play time as God Defamer.

Then from a local store's $2.50 bargain bin I picked up:

Torchbearer - Yersinia Pestis: I liked the cover art and it's a Christian Alvestam thing so it interested me. Quality enough blackened death/thrash, not really breaking any boundaries or anything but it's entertaining enough.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Magnum Opus: I remember my dad had a few Malmsteen albums he listened to when I was a kid, but I can't remember which ones so when I saw this one I figured I'd grab it and give it a listen and see if it was familiar... It wasn't, but as a guitar solo fan it's amusing enough, although I've only listened to it maybe twice since my packages with the above releases came in a day or two after I bought it.
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

23.05.2015 at 14:30
Written by deadone on 21.05.2015 at 08:01

Finally got off my arse and got Angel Dust - Of Human Bondage which is one of my favourite power metal albums of all time.

I prefer Angel Dust's speed/thrash days to their power metal days. So, for me it's only Into The Dark Past and To Dust You Will Decay where it's at with these guys.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

23.05.2015 at 14:35
Written by -Morbid- on 23.05.2015 at 06:39

Maveth - Coils of the Black Earth: Blackened death metal with a healthy dose of brutality. Disappointed me a bit at first but I feel the album gets stronger as it goes and is growing on me still. I think the production does a nice job balancing a bit murkiness and fuzz with enough clarity.

I totally love that band. Will be seeing them live this Monday together with Vorum, Eternal Solstice, Bones (Belgium), and Rotten Casket. Especially looking forward to Maveth and Vorum. Seen Eternal Solstice loads of time live in the Nineties so that might be my food break.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Fallen Ghost
Proghead

24.05.2015 at 14:15
The Ocean - Pelagial digipack edition. Really great packaging, and cool extra stuffs with. Apart from the album, it contains an instrumental version, a DVD (seems it is a movie made for the album, not sure yet!) and a sticker, all wrapped up in a beautiful cover. Great stuffs!
----
"Even we don't know anything about theory and stuff....but this is a combination of lydian mode and phrygian dominant...and ends with a diminished run starting on F"

- Fredrik Åkesson, guitarplayer of Opeth
deadone
has a mangina

26.05.2015 at 01:52
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.05.2015 at 14:30

I prefer Angel Dust's speed/thrash days to their power metal days. So, for me it's only Into The Dark Past and To Dust You Will Decay where it's at with these guys.

I had heard their power metal stuff first (Bleed). I only heard their thrash/speed stuff later and it didn't rock my world too much.

Top quality power metal though.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.