Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - New Video Online

"Storytime", the brand-new video by Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish can now be streamed in the YouTube-video below.

"Storytime" is the title-track of the band's upcoming single, which is set to be released on November 11th through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 09.11.2011 by Account deleted

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 77   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 377 users
10.11.2011 - 00:59
muska
The song might be quite catchy, but every time I hear Annette sing I am reminded that Nightwish will never come up with more songs like my all time favourite "Ghost Love Score" cause her voice is simply not up to it. And that makes me depressed...
10.11.2011 - 01:09
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
If I ignore the ridiculously simple percussion and the annoying vocals (Annette is great, just not in this song) I can actually enjoy this.
----
10.11.2011 - 01:25
Etaín
Ah well, Nightwish died for me quite a while ago. This is a whole different band.
10.11.2011 - 01:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by 4look4rd on 10.11.2011 at 01:09
If I ignore the ridiculously simple percussion and the annoying vocals (Annette is great, just not in this song) I can actually enjoy this.

Isn't that like the entire song?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.11.2011 - 01:46
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I liked it.
10.11.2011 - 02:00
Void Eater
Account deleted
This video is more ridiculous than I AM THE TABLE! I like cheese in metal... But this is ridiculous. The song is decent and harmless.
10.11.2011 - 02:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 10.11.2011 at 02:00

This video is more ridiculous than I AM THE TABLE! I like cheese in metal... But this is ridiculous. The song is decent and harmless.

At least "I am the table" provides a bit of amusement. This is just meh...
10.11.2011 - 03:19
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I like the song and I usually listen to stuff like Wormrot and Arsis. I don't give a crap if it's cheesy or not, it has a great hook and it's Nightwish, so they've pretty much always been cheesy. No point in complaining about that, because they have albums worth of this stuff and it's not going to change. Haters going to hate.
10.11.2011 - 04:02
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
The actual song sounds far too much like other stuff they released. I also do not like her vocals in this song. It is catchy, but not in a good way.
10.11.2011 - 04:02
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 10.11.2011 at 00:55

Written by Ernis on 09.11.2011 at 23:21

How many dresses could Tarja wear during one performance? If I remember correctly she wore that "banana" dress (with a yellow microphone) during every show... This is even goofier...

The awkward moment when you see the top of Tarja's outfit and thinking that's the most lovely one you've seen, and then it zooms out and reveal the yellowest of yellow skirts. We agree sir.

For real. But you just know she was totally taking herself seriously, which made it even funnier. I don't know if Anette loves the crap she wears in their photo shoots.

If Tarja ever loses her voice she could go into television. http://imthatold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bananas-in-pajamas350x263.jpg
10.11.2011 - 04:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 10.11.2011 at 04:02
http://imthatold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bananas-in-pajamas350x263.jpg

The BiP theme song is better than Storytime.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.11.2011 - 04:15
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff

I don't know if Anette loves the crap she wears in their photo shoots.

I've explained in my post that she doesn't some of that stuff in the beggining of their photoshoots was pretty good actually, but what she wears in this video is quite awful and we already know she doesn't like it, so her team or whoever is responsible for that can quit the faking, I don't think anyone cares what she wears-for admiring purposes that is... the little goth girls have renounced Nightwish a long time ago.

Pretty strange we have discussions on fashion, but hey, this is Nightwish, they're big on it
----
7.0 means the album is good
10.11.2011 - 06:51
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.11.2011 at 04:09

http://imthatold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bananas-in-pajamas350x263.jpg

The BiP theme song is better than Storytime.

I would like to see Nightwish cover that. Marco and Anette can be the bananas. Hey, it would be better than Amaranth and Bye Bye Beautiful! (I like those songs but bashing their DPP singles is always a crowd-pleaser)

Written by Milena on 10.11.2011 at 04:15

I don't know if Anette loves the crap she wears in their photo shoots.

I've explained in my post that she doesn't some of that stuff in the beggining of their photoshoots was pretty good actually, but what she wears in this video is quite awful and we already know she doesn't like it, so her team or whoever is responsible for that can quit the faking, I don't think anyone cares what she wears-for admiring purposes that is... the little goth girls have renounced Nightwish a long time ago.

Pretty strange we have discussions on fashion, but hey, this is Nightwish, they're big on it

Yep, it's a nice but forgettable song, but the wardrobe for this video is off the charts cheesy, possibly rivaling Rhapsody Of Fire for shear gaudy flamboyance. I'm sure when the album comes out nobody will be thinking about what they're wearing. Hopefully.
10.11.2011 - 10:20
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
The way some people are talking about this song it's like they weren't expecting a commercial single from Nuclear Blast's financial flagship, but Napalm Death's debut...
10.11.2011 - 10:27
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 10.11.2011 at 10:20

The way some people are talking about this song it's like they weren't expecting a commercial single from Nuclear Blast's financial flagship, but Napalm Death's debut...

I agree about that we shouldn't be surprised if Nightwish dish out a very poppy single before the actual album, but this one is, if you ask me, even worse than the commercial singles before it.

It's just plain awful, I can easily see this as part of some newest Disney's cartoon soundtrack.
10.11.2011 - 10:28
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 10.11.2011 at 10:27

I agree about that we shouldn't be surprised if Nightwish dish out a very poppy single before the actual album, but this one is, if you ask me, even worse than the commercial singles before it.

It's just plain awful, I can easily see this as part of some newest Disney's cartoon soundtrack.

Are you saying you preferred Eva?
10.11.2011 - 10:32
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 10.11.2011 at 10:28

Very, very slightly, but yeah. There's something so Disney about "Storytime" that it even outshines "Eva" (which could have easily won "Eurovision Song Contest").
10.11.2011 - 10:39
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 10.11.2011 at 10:32

Very, very slightly, but yeah. There's something so Disney about "Storytime" that it even outshines "Eva" (which could have easily won "Eurovision Song Contest").

I like Disney (except for everything they did since and including the abysmal Lion King, but that's a another topic). I will say this though, you can easily tell that the song has been butchered badly to make it shorter, I mean you can practically hear where they have cut it, even if you haven't heard the uncut version. I expect the single (or the album version at least) to have a longer and more epic finally. They did the same thing with Nemo all those year ago, cutting out the best bit of the song, which was the orchestral part at the end.
10.11.2011 - 11:38
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl

If Tarja ever loses her voice she could go into television. http://imthatold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bananas-in-pajamas350x263.jpg

Hey, those bananas are children's television legends over here, along with a mute bear with a hat and tie but no pants.

And maybe all this is just a publicity stunt? The number of posts suggest that it's gaining the band a lot of publicity (and there's no such thing as bad publicity).
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.11.2011 - 11:48
Symmachus
Written by Guest on 10.11.2011 at 10:39

Written by Slayer666 on 10.11.2011 at 10:32

I like Disney (except for everything they did since and including the abysmal Lion King, but that's a another topic). I will say this though, you can easily tell that the song has been butchered badly to make it shorter, I mean you can practically hear where they have cut it, even if you haven't heard the uncut version. I expect the single (or the album version at least) to have a longer and more epic finally. They did the same thing with Nemo all those year ago, cutting out the best bit of the song, which was the orchestral part at the end.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I think similarly that song abridgement, especially in this manner, is stupid and pointless. If a song is meant to be, say, 6 minutes, then all 6 minutes of that song should be played! Same with 10 minute songs or 25 minute songs.
10.11.2011 - 12:18
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Am I the only one on this site that liked Eva?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.11.2011 - 14:50
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Well of course no one expect an epic single... but if they aren't serious about their music, don't see why we should be
----
7.0 means the album is good
10.11.2011 - 15:11
Etaín
Written by Dark Cornatus on 10.11.2011 at 04:02

The actual song sounds far too much like other stuff they released. I also do not like her vocals in this song. It is catchy, but not in a good way.

Hi Matt! Totally agree btw.
10.11.2011 - 15:18
Roro
Is that an opening for kids entertaining show?
10.11.2011 - 15:20
jadawal
The only new melody in the song is the chorus: na na na na na na na naa naa naaaaaa

I was once a hardcore nightwish fan, and I'm still a fan of cheese, but this is very bad music in my opinion. It's catchy like lady gaga is catchy, with a couple of bland recycled melodies that will grow old faster than left-over kraft dinner. The guitar is meaningless, the drums are meaningless, and the symphony is meaningless, the keyboards have one little part that is reminiscent of an older nightwish song. I have no comment on the "fantastic" poetry, but annette should be replaced.

the video is a bunch of useless bullshit, futile freaky faces and meloncholic disney references. the sad boy at the end personifies tuomas's musical direction. this is probably not as bad as bye bye beautiful as a whole, but it seems to be in the same vain as dark passion play. there will probably be one decent epic song on imaginaerum that holds on to music fans.

anyone want to buy an autographed nigthwish poster? (with annette, sorry)
10.11.2011 - 15:23
mariano
After 6 years of effort they're finally wearing the costumes they earned, damn clowns
10.11.2011 - 15:44
Raziel X
Written by M C Vice on 10.11.2011 at 12:18

Am I the only one on this site that liked Eva?

not the only one... that song wasnt great but it was alright... this song has a similar riff to one from DPP, but still ok... it's not like this blows me away, but NW still have the hold in their songs they are able to put on me... I dont expect wonders from NW, I expect a decent piece of music with symphonic stuff with epic feel and this still has it IMO... maybe i'm just too LOTR-soundtrack-hooked and so i like stuff that has similar symphonic hooks in it

still looking forward, not joining the fashionable NW bashing
10.11.2011 - 18:04
Enissa
This song is good, but not awesome, sure The orchestrations and music in general is great, but the vocals lines are quite average, and the chorus is somehow lame, also the video is making of the film, which is quite a letdown too...Anetter really gives me the creeps with these looks...!!
10.11.2011 - 18:41
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by M C Vice on 10.11.2011 at 11:38

Hey, those bananas are children's television legends over here, along with a mute bear with a hat and tie but no pants.

And maybe all this is just a publicity stunt? The number of posts suggest that it's gaining the band a lot of publicity (and there's no such thing as bad publicity).

Yep that's pretty much it. It's a time-tested technique for making $$$$ and exposing people to your deeper music. A good move, and I liked this song at first, but now it is kind of annoying. It had a very short half-life.
10.11.2011 - 19:41
darklos
Written by jadawal on 10.11.2011 at 15:20

The only new melody in the song is the chorus: na na na na na na na naa naa naaaaaa

I was once a hardcore nightwish fan, and I'm still a fan of cheese, but this is very bad music in my opinion. It's catchy like lady gaga is catchy, with a couple of bland recycled melodies that will grow old faster than left-over kraft dinner. The guitar is meaningless, the drums are meaningless, and the symphony is meaningless, the keyboards have one little part that is reminiscent of an older nightwish song. I have no comment on the "fantastic" poetry, but annette should be replaced.

Totally agree. It's not about Tarja stuff, but Annette doesn't match with Nightwish.

Hits total: 8414 | This month: 14