Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - New Video Online

"Storytime", the brand-new video by Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish can now be streamed in the YouTube-video below.

"Storytime" is the title-track of the band's upcoming single, which is set to be released on November 11th through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 09.11.2011 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 77   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 377 users
09.11.2011 - 19:03
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I don't care much for these "making of" type videos. The only part I like is Anette biting the apple, somehow it looks really cool. I don't know why...
09.11.2011 - 19:05
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 19:03

I don't care much for these "making of" type videos. The only part I like is Anette biting the apple, somehow it looks really cool. I don't know why...

Because "Snow White & The Seven Dwarves" is your favourite movie.
09.11.2011 - 19:05
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff

I adore that type of videos, so I'll have to see this. And maybe you have a Snow White fetish thing going on?
----
7.0 means the album is good
09.11.2011 - 19:09
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 19:05

Because "Snow White & The Seven Dwarves" is your favourite movie.

We published our comments in the same minute. I think we're long lost twins.
----
09.11.2011 - 19:13
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 19:09

We published our comments in the same minute. I think we're long lost twins.

Oh, dear God...

09.11.2011 - 20:00
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 19:05

I adore that type of videos, so I'll have to see this. And maybe you have a Snow White fetish thing going on?

It doesn't seem too far-fetched to say that Anette is only in the band because of her affinity for outrageous dresses and other attire. Tuomas is playing dress-up and real-life storytime. This is fine but if they do The Little Mermaid I'm out!
09.11.2011 - 20:14
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 20:00

It doesn't seem too far-fetched to say that Anette is only in the band because of her affinity for outrageous dresses and other attire. Tuomas is playing dress-up and real-life storytime. This is fine but if they do The Little Mermaid I'm out!

Well, actually, she doesn't have affinity for outrageous attire... when on tours, she chooses to wear a normal woman's fancy dress.
Not at all dark or quirky or playful. Pretty Barbie like, actually:

Not saying anything's wrong with that, but, really, their CD's will sell even if she dresses herself the way she chooses to... the marketing experts of their team shouldn't be worried about it enough to dress a 40 year old woman and a mother of two children into attire that doesn't suit her personally.

And not saying that middle-aged women can't rock the quirky dress. But in order to do that, they should actually like it.
----
09.11.2011 - 20:35
Dark Blood
The Avenger
The song is actually good imo. But yeah... I still find Anette's voice a little off from Nightwish environment.

The video I don't care that much, but I'm curious to watch the actual movie.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.11.2011 - 20:36
Joppe
Steelemeister
These costumes and make-up are like straight from (the game) Bioshock

Song sucks by the way "too simple" for my taste
----
My vision is augmented
09.11.2011 - 21:15
Fallen'Angel
Fucking awesome song, can't get her out of my head !

Zillion times better than that I AM THE TABLE unorganized grabastic piece of amphibian shit!
----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
09.11.2011 - 21:31
enumaelis
Hopefully they will have better songs on the album..:-| this one is pretty childish for my taste
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
09.11.2011 - 21:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Horrible. Both the video and the song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.11.2011 - 21:51
ANGEL REAPER
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.11.2011 at 21:39

+1
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
09.11.2011 - 22:03
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Video isn't really anything, but I like the song
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.11.2011 - 22:20
Ernis
狼獾
Written by GT on 09.11.2011 at 22:03

Video isn't really anything, but I like the song

I'm not a fan of those "making of" videos either... Besides, the zombie Snow White and Stephen King's IT of the Caribbean theme they're exploiting these days is beyond my taste as well. Did I see Joker, btw? I'd prefer them to handle some classical, medieval, folk or oriental themes instead.

But I'm not watching the videos anyway, I'm in for the sound and the sound is satisfying just as I hoped.

Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.11.2011 at 21:39

You got a plus one from Angel Reaper, I'm giving you a minus one which means I neutralised you.

What's so awful bout it anyway? I'm thrilled to hear...
09.11.2011 - 22:50
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 09.11.2011 at 22:20

The song's just very very commercial and simplistic in the extreme. The reason why I am not complaining is because it is still better than Eva, Wish I Had An Angel and Bye Bye Beautiful. Horrible singles don't mean horrible albums, when it comes to Nightwish. Amaranth certainly did't predict anything as epic as The Poet And The Pendulum, but that's what we got from the actual album. Well, here's hoping!
09.11.2011 - 22:51
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 19:05

Actually, the reason has been explained well in a Youtube comment: "An Apple a day keeps the Tarja away."*

*Also, I have a Snow White fetish.
09.11.2011 - 22:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

I think it sounds like a pseudo-symphonic metal band with heavy pop influences. The song is incredibly simplistic, although there is a certain "catchy" factor to it. Annette's vocals are typically weak here too which doesn't help any.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.11.2011 - 22:52
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I'm not fond of music videos in general and metal videos in particular. The tend to be poorly made and/or with no real connection to the song anyway.

About this video I think we got ourselves a good mix of Snow White, Pirates of the Caribbean, Batman and It. Probably more as I'm no expert in movies.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.11.2011 - 22:56
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 22:51

Actually, the reason has been explained well in a Youtube comment: "An Apple a day keeps the Tarja away."*

Awesome comment. That might be the reason why I'm not into Tarja at all, I eat at least three per day (semi-healthy eater, yes)

And btw, skimming over the news headlines, i saw SLAYTIME, too much caffeine perhaps?
----
09.11.2011 - 23:04
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 22:50

The song's just very very commercial and simplistic in the extreme. The reason why I am not complaining is because it is still better than Eva, Wish I Had An Angel and Bye Bye Beautiful. Horrible singles don't mean horrible albums, when it comes to Nightwish. Amaranth certainly did't predict anything as epic as The Poet And The Pendulum, but that's what we got from the actual album. Well, here's hoping!

Who cares it's simplistic. It sounds good to me and I only listen to what sounds good to me. Can't pretend to listen to "quality" music only...
Yep, this song is catchier than "Eva" and therefore more suitable as a single. However, "Eva" is a beautiful song nevertheless and I enjoy it every now and then. "Angel" was good and catchy when it was released and it's good for pleasing crowds during concerts but I don't feel so thrilled to listen to the album version as I was years ago. "Beautiful"... same thing... fresh work from the band and serves well to please the crowds desperate to devour the new album. Later, it doesn't really click you... Same with "Amaranth"... "Storytime" has a somewhat more bombastic sound and that's probably why it is a bit superior to the previous ones. I certainly the expect the album to contain a lot more interesting and powerful material...
09.11.2011 - 23:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ernis on 09.11.2011 at 23:04
Who cares it's simplistic. It sounds good to me and I only listen to what sounds good to me.

Well ya, that makes sense and all...but you were thrilled to hear why someone else didn't like it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.11.2011 - 23:13
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 20:14

Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 20:00

Well, actually, she doesn't have affinity for outrageous attire... when on tours, she chooses to wear a normal woman's fancy dress.
Not at all dark or quirky or playful. Pretty Barbie like, actually:

Not saying anything's wrong with that, but, really, their CD's will sell even if she dresses herself the way she chooses to... the marketing experts of their team shouldn't be worried about it enough to dress a 40 year old woman and a mother of two children into attire that doesn't suit her personally.

And not saying that middle-aged women can't rock the quirky dress. But in order to do that, they should actually like it.

True, but Tuomas seems to like to play dress-up some of the time, so that might be reason to have her. Would Tarja wear that dress? That's the question.
09.11.2011 - 23:16
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 23:13

True, but Tuomas seems to like to play dress-up some of the time, so that might be reason to have her. Would Tarja wear that dress? That's the question.

Well I don't think that's the sole reason, seeing how a lot of people like to dress up, maybe she's just prone to suggestion
And sure she would. They'd make her.
----
09.11.2011 - 23:21
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 09.11.2011 at 23:13

How many dresses could Tarja wear during one performance? If I remember correctly she wore that "banana" dress (with a yellow microphone) during every show... This is even goofier...

Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 23:11

Written by Ernis on 09.11.2011 at 23:04
Who cares it's simplistic. It sounds good to me and I only listen to what sounds good to me.

Well ya, that makes sense and all...but you were thrilled to hear why someone else didn't like it.

I did and thanks for your elaboration.
10.11.2011 - 00:17
Swamphell
The song is awesome but I didn't like clip cuz the vocalist is so ugly....
10.11.2011 - 00:36
Berserk
I don't know what the f'ck you guys are talking about, I thought it was great!
----
Fear the Old Blood
10.11.2011 - 00:53
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 22:51

I think it sounds like a pseudo-symphonic metal band with heavy pop influences. The song is incredibly simplistic, although there is a certain "catchy" factor to it. Annette's vocals are typically weak here too which doesn't help any.

+1
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
10.11.2011 - 00:55
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Ernis on 09.11.2011 at 23:21

How many dresses could Tarja wear during one performance? If I remember correctly she wore that "banana" dress (with a yellow microphone) during every show... This is even goofier...

The awkward moment when you see the top of Tarja's outfit and thinking that's the most lovely one you've seen, and then it zooms out and reveal the yellowest of yellow skirts. We agree sir.
----
10.11.2011 - 00:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I like bananas, but I prefer apples.
----

Hits total: 8416 | This month: 16