Metal Storm logo
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow

Original post

Posted by Bash', 18.05.2006 - 12:08
New thread for this great Finnish band

They newly have released "Before The Bleeding Sun" album. most of us agreed that there style was changed totally, and IMO the only thing still as it was is the voice of Altti. not gonna make a poll to ask whether if they are better after or before they are re-banded coz most ppl gonna vote without explaining as what happened on th old forum i created..!!
25.05.2009 - 20:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Fhuesc on 25.05.2009 at 20:53

Written by Elio on 25.05.2009 at 20:49

If you still have the link, please pm it to me too

Search it on google, i got it from rapidshare.

Yeah, I found a rapidshare link too. Problem solved.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
25.05.2009 - 21:16
Janne
Hugin
After the first few listen I can say the vocals could be better. I think it's an album that will grow on me more and more after each listen.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
26.05.2009 - 16:31
Elio
Red Nightmare
I will be honest guys. This album is really bad. Once melodeath/etreme power bands were enjoyable or even good thanks to their energy. Now that they lost it their music is useless. They should try something new. The symphonic element doesn't help, according to my taste.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.05.2009 - 16:53
Janne
Hugin
Written by Elio on 26.05.2009 at 16:31

I will be honest guys. This album is really bad. Once melodeath/etreme power bands were enjoyable or even good thanks to their energy. Now that they lost it their music is useless. They should try something new. The symphonic element doesn't help, according to my taste.

ETOS was never famous about its energy. I think many of us like them because of their softness and their great melodies!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
26.05.2009 - 17:02
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Janne on 26.05.2009 at 16:53

ETOS was never famous about its energy. I think many of us like them because of their softness and their great melodies!

Well, I was talking in general. IMO this kind of bands have lost what made their sound new, fresh and enjoyable years ago. Now, it's boring average music, similar to what they did before but worse.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.05.2009 - 17:57
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Elio on 26.05.2009 at 17:02

Well, I was talking in general. IMO this kind of bands have lost what made their sound new, fresh and enjoyable years ago. Now, it's boring average music, similar to what they did before but worse.

So far I have to agree with Elio... I listened to this album once, and it's boring most of the time. And indeed symphonic elements just don't work, just as the clean vocals. And one more thing... there was energy actually. Melodies? Of course. But power and energy was there. I mean A Virgina and a Whore talks for itself...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
26.05.2009 - 18:01
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by K✞ulu on 26.05.2009 at 17:57

So far I have to agree with Elio... I listened to this album once, and it's boring most of the time. And indeed symphonic elements just don't work, just as the clean vocals. And one more thing... there was energy actually. Melodies? Of course. But power and energy was there. I mean A Virgina and a Whore talks for itself...

Yeah, A Virgin And A Whore was actually a great work.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.05.2009 - 00:20
Janne
Hugin
Written by Elio on 26.05.2009 at 18:01

Written by K✞ulu on 26.05.2009 at 17:57

Yeah, A Virgin And A Whore was actually a great work.

I like all of their works, COTDW as well. you're right there was energy, I said that wasn't the most imoprtant in their music! and I like the the clean vocals more than the harsh ones in the new album..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
27.05.2009 - 07:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I gave the album another spin (mp3 in winamp ), and what I noticed is that a lot of songs just sound like Power Metal, so if I belonged to a certain category of people, I'd say they sold out. But I just don't use this term. Well, I am pretty sure people will find something enjoyable for them in this record.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
27.05.2009 - 09:31
Uller

CDW Is not a bad album, its just average, there are no keyboard solos, clean vocals could be better, and angel hearth raven hearth II has nothing to do with the first one, this one is sloooow and boring, and yes, every melodic death band is failing, COB...no words, Norther its just emo songs with awful lyrics, ETOS with this. I think that everyone is killing their keyboards and i dont know why
----
27.05.2009 - 21:58
Fhuesc

I also think that the symphonic doesnt helped at all.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
27.05.2009 - 22:20
ß
Problem?
I personally don't mind the symphonic stuff CDW sure wasn't one of their strongest releases but it isn't a bad album.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
28.05.2009 - 05:08
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I don't think it's that bad really. There were definitely moments where I enjoyed and some bit just slipped passed me, but I certainly agree with that the clean vocals need a bit more work (not saying it's a bad idea though)
----
loves 小巫
28.05.2009 - 05:33
tulkas
el parcero
Cool, i didn't know the album had been leaked, i got away a bit from this band after Before the Bleeding song, and alhtough the comments on this last one aren't so good, i'll still try to download it and give it a listen.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
28.05.2009 - 06:20
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I don't care what you all have to say about this album, I found it totally great, I can't stop listening to it, and surely I'm not the only one.
I don't think they started to sound like COB or Norther, ETOS have their own sound and it is something they achieved with many years of experimenting different sounds. From the start to the end COTDW amazed me and I think I won't stop liking this album for a long time. How to say this, the first song simply blew up my mind!

And no guys, I'm no fan of COB or Norther, don't get me wrong hehehe
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
28.05.2009 - 06:49
Fhuesc

Written by Daggon on 28.05.2009 at 06:20

I don't think they started to sound like COB or Norther, ETOS have their own sound and it is something they achieved with many years of experimenting different sounds.

I dont think Uller implied that EToS now sounds like CoB or Norther, i think he meant that just like those 2, EToS is going down in quality. Where once was a great solo, now there's some mediocre solo (Guitars and Key).
----
Until victory, always!
28.05.2009 - 07:08
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
@Fhuesc: Well, maybe, but IMO, I like the overall sound of the album so thumbs up
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
28.05.2009 - 18:32
Janne
Hugin
Written by Fhuesc on 28.05.2009 at 06:49

Written by Daggon on 28.05.2009 at 06:20

I don't think they started to sound like COB or Norther, ETOS have their own sound and it is something they achieved with many years of experimenting different sounds.

I dont think Uller implied that EToS now sounds like CoB or Norther, i think he meant that just like those 2, EToS is going down in quality. Where once was a great solo, now there's some mediocre solo (Guitars and Key).

yeah he meand these bands go downhill now.. (maybe he's right :/)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.05.2009 - 18:34
Janne
Hugin
Written by tulkas on 28.05.2009 at 05:33

Cool, i didn't know the album had been leaked, i got away a bit from this band after Before the Bleeding song, and alhtough the comments on this last one aren't so good, i'll still try to download it and give it a listen.

It wasn't leaked but officially released a week earlier.
And the album definetly worth a listen!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.05.2009 - 22:35
tulkas
el parcero
Cool, but i'll download it anyway don't have enough money to buy the albums i want, sadly anyway, i'll try to listen to it ignoring all the comments i've read about it, specially the bad ones
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
05.06.2009 - 12:40
AbdelioR

I agree with the soft style of the CDW from ETOS that most of you comment, but I like the album. The melodies are so great.
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
06.06.2009 - 04:19
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Listened to A virgin and a whore for the first time today. It really is superior to the last two albums even though it's been released 8 years ago =/
----
loves 小巫
08.06.2009 - 07:33
Fhuesc

Written by Ag Fox on 06.06.2009 at 04:19

Listened to A virgin and a whore for the first time today. It really is superior to the last two albums even though it's been released 8 years ago =/

Thats was the highest point of EToS, from old to new.
----
Until victory, always!
08.06.2009 - 19:28
Janne
Hugin
After the 10th listening I can say I love CotDW from the beginning to the end.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
08.06.2009 - 19:35
Italics

Written by Uller on 27.05.2009 at 09:31

CDW Is not a bad album, its just average, there are no keyboard solos, clean vocals could be better, and angel hearth raven hearth II has nothing to do with the first one, this one is sloooow and boring, and yes, every melodic death band is failing, COB...no words, Norther its just emo songs with awful lyrics, ETOS with this. I think that everyone is killing their keyboards and i dont know why

Killings their keyboards?

Listen to old COB/Norther (especially Norther) and then their newer stuff and tell me which has more keyboards... older Norther by far has more keyboard than newer Norther (which I agree is 90% crap)
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
29.08.2009 - 22:05
IllOmenNation

A Virgin and A Whore still holds the title for me, I don't know but I lose a bit more interest with each album even though technically they have not done anything bad. Used to be my absolute favorite band.
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
31.08.2009 - 00:50
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Because they changed keyboardist(?)
----
loves 小巫
01.09.2009 - 08:51
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Compared to the band's previous effort, the band's new album is excellent in my opinion. I have been pleasantly surprised about "Children of the Dark Waters", and thankfully there are lots of heavier, more extreme symphonic tracks, as I don't care so much for EToS's slower tracks that tread in ballad territory.

"Summon The Wild" is a classy track that is worthy of the first era of the band to me, and really, the first 4 tracks of this album are really well done. "Midnight Bird" is very reminscent of "A Virgin and A Whore" to me, which a great sign. The rest of the disc gets a bit lost for me (not bad, but just hasn't grabbed my attention much), but my respect for the band has returned now after my utmost disgust for the band's previous album.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.08.2010 - 17:43
warrior_of_ice

I dont mind their new album at all, however it kinda lacks that 'cutting edge' song