Metal Storm logo
Most influential Judas Priest album

Poll

What is Judas Priest's most influential album?

Sad Wings Of Destiny
Painkiller
British Steel
Stained Class
Screaming For Vengeance
Defenders Of The Faith
Rocka Rolla
Killing Machine
Sin After Sin

Total votes: 71
20.12.2011 - 23:01
Aristarchos
For me Judas Priest is the second most influential metal band ever, after Black Sabbath. I'm interested in what you consider to be their most influential album? Personally I have never been a fan of Judas Priest, so I haven't listened that much to their earlier albums, but I guess it is one of their 70 albums.
20.12.2011 - 23:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Holy shit you're on a tear with these polls. I don't know which one is more influential because I haven't talked to every band in existence to get their thoughts on which one influenced them more, so I'll vote for Painkiller because it's my favorite.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.12.2011 - 00:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its hard I say Britsih Steel because after it JP becaime what w eknow, before its lil oldies style rock n roll, IMO JP
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.12.2011 - 06:57
Sweetou
IDK but seeing him in concert was pretty awesome.
08.03.2012 - 22:52
Codera the Great
Account deleted
Though I voted for Sad Wings, I think both Stained Class and Sad Wings were very influential albums.
24.03.2012 - 17:11
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
I'm voting British Steel. It was their break through album, I'm sure it's their most influential to date.
25.03.2012 - 07:42
bran
I had to go with british steel, its not nearly my fave priest album but it helped launch NWOBHM
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
25.03.2012 - 12:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by bran on 25.03.2012 at 07:42

....but it helped launch NWOBHM

Mmmmm, no. Judas Priest were never part of the NWOBHM
British Steel was just released during that period. Just like Ace Of Spades by Motorhead who are also not part of the NWOBHM.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.03.2012 - 06:04
bran
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.03.2012 at 12:18

Written by bran on 25.03.2012 at 07:42

....but it helped launch NWOBHM

Mmmmm, no. Judas Priest were never part of the NWOBHM
British Steel was just released during that period. Just like Ace Of Spades by Motorhead who are also not part of the NWOBHM.

i didnt say priest was NWOBHM. i said british steel helped launch NWOBHM. british steel helped set the template alot of nwobhm bands used to make their albums same with black sabbaths heaven and hell/mob rule. sabbath wasnt NWOBHM but their 1980/1981 releases helped influence many NWOBHM bands
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
26.03.2012 - 08:41
Branzig
SCCCRRREAAAMMMMIIINGGG....SCCRREEEAAMMMINGGG FOR VENGEANCE!

I picked this album based off a personal level more than anything...because K.K. and Tipton's guitar work just blew up all over this album!

K.K.'s whammy bar work-outs and leads are just chaos, while Tipton wrote some of the best riffs in a long while.

Electric Eye
----
In Grind We Crust
26.03.2012 - 09:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Sad Wings, Stained Class, or Painkiller. The first two I say mainly because whenever I've heard bands talking about being influenced by Priest, those 2 albums are the ones that I see mentioned the most. I mentioned Painkiller, because that has to be one of the most imitated albums of all time. So many power/heavy bands tried to emulate the style on that album after it's release, but still, it has never been bettered in that particular metal style.
09.04.2012 - 03:49
Sentinel65
Although it is not my favorite, I said British Steel because it launched them into a higher level of popularity, and remains to be a classic today.
10.04.2012 - 10:30
I can't decide.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
14.06.2012 - 22:26
vgmaster9
I'd probably say Painkiller.
18.06.2012 - 06:01
Guib
Thrash Talker
Sad Wings
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.06.2012 - 13:59
arwestromen
Not my favorite JP album but Brittish Steel imo has to be the most influential
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
06.12.2012 - 22:15
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I vote Sad Wings, it was a major leap up from Rocka Rolla in terms of songwriting and creativity, and was also heavier than the previous album (and one of the heaviest albums of its day).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
28.03.2013 - 13:37
Metal_Elle
'Painkiller' and just after 'Screaming For Vengeance'. These are the best recordings in the Priest's discography.
17.02.2017 - 13:05
nikarg
Staff
Painkiller is the absolute definition of heavy metal at its finest.