Audioscrobbler/Last.fm

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 18.05.2006 - 12:21
You now the drill, get yourself added by other MS members and so forth

I'm:

http://www.last.fm/user/Sarcastic_Smile/
03.08.2006 - 15:13
Stigmatized
@Xtreme Jax- You may be right. We should see if KryptoN knows anything. He seems to help us both out with any Last.fm problems.

@Eddie- I thought I was the only one who had low match values....I am not alone it seems. But, I don't how much track count plays into it. Xtreme Jax and I both have almost the same number of tracks played, but his match values are much higher than mine.
03.08.2006 - 15:32
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@ Dream_of_Hate & Eddie:

Wow guys, your match values are >1, mine are above 57 !! ... Yes i agree, we need KryptoN for help
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.08.2006 - 15:43
KryptoN
imperceptible
Lol... Sorry, but I don't really know what is going on with those. I can't give any better answer than what a staff member (mustaqila) says in this thread: http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/136983
03.08.2006 - 16:00
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
^^ Actually the person whos asking the question pointed out something that i was wondering about. I have a match level of 100 with one of my neighbours and notcied that i dont appear on their neighbour list anywhere. Is the reason bercause out of all the music they have listened to they have a higher match with other users than I? They've listen to alot more artists than i, but im confused a little because my match level with them is 100 ... mm dont know if im making sence,

EDIT: So really none of us have a real answer to this then, lol
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.08.2006 - 06:36
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
If your not connected to the internet and you have Enabled Scrobbling then does your tracks still get recorded? I have a dial up connection and just wondering if it still works offline while im listening to music.

P.S: Anyone sick of me asking these questions?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.08.2006 - 12:37
KryptoN
imperceptible
Yes they will be saved in a cache and sent when the connection is available.
04.08.2006 - 17:09
Stigmatized
Hmmmm, I was wondering that myself. That's good because my internet has been very weird lately.

@Xtreme Jax- Asking questions is how you learn.
09.08.2006 - 16:16
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Hehe, my neighbours just got recalculated, and well, its still at the most a grand match value of 0.0694.
09.08.2006 - 16:26
Stigmatized
Written by Eddie on 09.08.2006 at 16:16

Hehe, my neighbours just got recalculated, and well, its still at the most a grand match value of 0.0694.

KryptoN recently told me that for the first 12 months your neighbors are weekly...I think that's what he said. Mine just got recalculated and I have really, really high match values now. It's confusing the hell out of me......
09.08.2006 - 16:41
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Ok, I just joined the Metal Storm group

And I'm awaiting acceptance in the Australian Metal group

If anyone sees any gay bands in my profile it's my sister's fault. For some reason the stuff that she listens to goes in my audioscrobbler page and I don't know how to remove it, lol.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
09.08.2006 - 18:44
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Raiden on 09.08.2006 at 16:41

If anyone sees any gay bands in my profile it's my sister's fault. For some reason the stuff that she listens to goes in my audioscrobbler page and I don't know how to remove it, lol.

It's easy to turn audioscrobbler off when leaving the computer.
09.08.2006 - 20:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Like anyone's goona look at this

http://www.last.fm/user/PhoeNNIx/
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
10.08.2006 - 03:03
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by KryptoN on 09.08.2006 at 18:44

Written by Raiden on 09.08.2006 at 16:41

It's easy to turn audioscrobbler off when leaving the computer.

Oh yeah, I guess I could just turn off the plugin whenever I log off. I'm not sure that I'll remember to do that everytime though, lol. Is there a way to make other users on Windows XP not have the same plugins enabled? It seems to save everything to both profiles.

Is there a way of deleting things that you've listened to from your profile?
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.08.2006 - 03:09
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Stigmatized on 09.08.2006 at 16:26

KryptoN recently told me that for the first 12 months your neighbors are weekly...I think that's what he said. Mine just got recalculated and I have really, really high match values now. It's confusing the hell out of me......

When did your Neighbours get updated?? Mine are stil the same .... also mine have not been up dated before, only the first time when they appeared. So not too sure what KryptoN said is right ... unless Im just an acception
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.08.2006 - 03:31
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Raiden on 10.08.2006 at 03:03

Oh yeah, I guess I could just turn off the plugin whenever I log off. I'm not sure that I'll remember to do that everytime though, lol. Is there a way to make other users on Windows XP not have the same plugins enabled? It seems to save everything to both profiles.

I'm not sure if it's possible to put different setting on different user accounts in Windows but I think it's possible. But yes you can delete recent tracks. There is a link right below your 10 most recent tracks that says "View / edit more recent tracks..." If the tracks you want to delete have been sent long ago, there is currently no way to delete them. There was a profile editor earlier but that has been taken down for now.

@ Xtreme Jax: What I said was from the sticky thread on last.fm website support forum:
Quote:

Neighbours Generation
# Status: We are changing the way neighbours are done, so that they're based off your 12 month chart's stats. If you've not been a member for 12 months, all your data to date will be used. They will update once a month. For newer users, we are changing the view of your profile so it will show your Weekly Neighbours as a temporary compromise until you get "proper" Neighbours. Please bear with us, thanks.

And yes you can all stop complaining every time your charts/neighbours get delayed, the last.fm forums are already full of that bullshit. 95% of the complaints over there are completely useless since it's normal that some of the data will get delayed. And I could also suggest that you check the website support forums / FAQ before asking questions that can easily be found on the site. It's not that hard to do some research on your own, guys...

(this is not directed to anyone nor meant to offend anyone)
10.08.2006 - 03:42
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
^ Yeah my bad dude. Will research more in the future
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.08.2006 - 08:36
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by KryptoN on 10.08.2006 at 03:31

Written by Raiden on 10.08.2006 at 03:03

I'm not sure if it's possible to put different setting on different user accounts in Windows but I think it's possible. But yes you can delete recent tracks. There is a link right below your 10 most recent tracks that says "View / edit more recent tracks..." If the tracks you want to delete have been sent long ago, there is currently no way to delete them. There was a profile editor earlier but that has been taken down for now.

@ Xtreme Jax: What I said was from the sticky thread on last.fm website support forum:

Ahh ok then thanks for that.

I can't see that "view/edit more recent tracks" though. I see the list, but there isn't such link there...
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.08.2006 - 16:39
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Raiden on 10.08.2006 at 08:36

I can't see that "view/edit more recent tracks" though. I see the list, but there isn't such link there...

Then go to your "Charts". And then select "Show me: Recent tracks" from the drop down box. On the page that will show up there is a (X)-button in the end of each line. That's the delete button.

And turns out the recent tracks are saved from a long time ago, I myself have 77 pages of recent tracks going back to 30th of June.
10.08.2006 - 16:55
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by KryptoN on 10.08.2006 at 16:39

Written by Raiden on 10.08.2006 at 08:36

The go to your "Charts". And then select "Show me: Recent tracks" from the drop down box. On the page that will show up there is a (X)-button in the end of each line. That's the delete button.

And turns out the recent tracks are saved from a long time ago, I myself have 77 pages of recent tracks going back to 30th of June.

Ahh there we go! Thanks man That works well, and you don't have to reload the page with every one you delete

How do you know so much, Krypton? lol

There are still some gay songs from ages ago that she'd been listening to. Just ignore them :-P
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.08.2006 - 17:17
KryptoN
imperceptible
I've joined last.fm in 2004 (when the site was still called audioscrobbler) but there has been a lot of changes between that and now. The current design was available for subscribers for beta testing a month earlier than you normal users. And if you know anything about beta testing, you know that the testers will become very familiar with the subject of the test. Beta testing is essentially testing that everything works, and trying to find bugs in the system, even with very weird and unusual methods. For example trying to crash certain pages with whatever means normally available to users (for example flooding/spamming shoutboxes with huge text size and quote boxes was a huge problem so shoutboxes were stripped of those codes that allow such things).

I don't think I know that much about the site, I've just looked around and become familiar with it on my own and through the beta test. If I'm not mistaken, everything I have said about the site in this thread can be found on the site itself.
10.08.2006 - 19:11
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 09.08.2006 at 16:26

Ah, they got updated again, I don't understand one bit of it, and I'm not even going to try, but at least the match ratings are good now
10.08.2006 - 19:31
Draklar
Account deleted
Since some of you seem to wonder about how match value is calculated:
From what I heard, last.fm counts this by comparing how big fracture of songs you played, was played by another user. It is counted seperately for both users, so the one with more tracks will have lower match value than the user with less tracks played. Calculating match value for user with higher tracks count and applying for both users would make more sense, but whatever.
I also heard it is dependant on how "mainstream" tracks are. The more users listened to the track, the more it matters for the match value. But here again, I think it would make more sense to make it the other way around...
13.08.2006 - 21:35
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Here's mine:

http://www.last.fm/user/Lyrinan/

Most of the groups I am in are pretty dead. Can you guys recommend some active groups? Thanks
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.08.2006 - 19:25
Basso
Account deleted
I just started using mine last night. But here it is http://www.last.fm/user/Basso89/
10.09.2006 - 07:32
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I created my account yesterday and I like the page.
my account: http://www.last.fm/user/Metalchemist/
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
13.09.2006 - 01:23
CianideDeath
Account deleted
www.last.fm/user/doomlorddtr
16.09.2006 - 04:17
jizzlord
like a fox
----

25.09.2006 - 18:57
jizzlord
like a fox
last fm is good, but not when you go for black metal and only to come back an hour later to find you've listened to britney speers and randy newman
----

25.09.2006 - 21:15
KryptoN
imperceptible
jizzlord: If you're talking about the radio and playing the "black metal" tag station, then it's not very surprising. The tags are not 'purified' (which is a very very good thing IMO) so everything people have tagged as black metal can come up. Or do you mean you have those tracks? Well, in any case, if you weren't there to notice Britney Spears' track(s) playing, you got what you deserved. The service is supposed to show what you listen to, not what your computer plays while you're away.
25.09.2006 - 23:15
Damnated
Churchburner
yeah. slipknot is also tagged as black metal, so ....
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.