‹‹ Back to the Serious discussions Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]
Users visited: 383  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 22.10.2006 at 20:47
I'm really tired of all the feminists who blames every single bad thing in the society on the men.

A few years ago the leader of the national organisation for women- and girl-helpcenters (dont know the proper english translation) said, in public, that all men are pigs. How the hell can she say something like that? How the hell can women draw the conclusion that ALL men are bad?
Afterwards, when it had been on the first page in every newspaper, there was a reporter who asked her if she still meant what she said. She answered "But all men ARE pigs. Don't YOU think so?"
When I heard that I was like "whoa!" I mean, she sounded like a freakin maniac. I was honestly scared.

Another feminist debate in Sweden was whether we would boycott the FIFA World Cup just because prostitution is legal in Germany. Some stupid feminist (can't remember name) wrote a blog about that men "should take their responsibility". She said that if you're not against it, you're with it. How the hell can she really believe that i can't enjoy football without having to fuck a prostitute after a game? Talk about preconceived opinions.
"Men are pigs" pfff... That fucking feminist blogger is nothing but a filthy animal.

Since a new party started in Swedish politics, Feministic Initiative, I am no longer a feminist. I do believe that men and women should be equal to eachother, but the word feminist has got a new meaning to me. Feminism is now a synonyme to the word "sexism".
This party wanted all men to pay a certain tax that would pay for the rehabilitation of beat up women. Fucking fascists!

And have you heard about the book "The SCUM-manifest"? The author basically says that men are the reason why the world is as bad as it is, and that all women should exterminate the male gender. Hmm, that sounds familiar somehow. Could it be MEIN KAMPF, written by freakin ADOLF HITLER??? Only the word "jew" has been replaced by the word "male".

I am not a feminist, but I am a feminimasculinist. I don't want women to run the world. I want both men AND women to do it. Therefore, I am a feminimasculinist.
All feminists should burn in hell. Boycott feminism.

Page 24 of 24

Rasputin

02.10.2015 at 13:14
Written by deadone on 02.10.2015 at 10:04

Written by Rasputin on 02.10.2015 at 08:02

Feminism is a mental illness.

Everything is a mental illness in your mind. I suspect the only people you regard as sane are Serbian heterosexual males.

The most of the world is pretty mental, but not everything. Not necessarily. But what "Modern Feminism" has been doing, the way it is acting and the shit it is pushing for, it is pretty mental. Now we have Sweat Shaming, so yeah, I would say the Feminism is a disorder, just like Homosexuality, only the first one you chose to be fucked up, the other you are born like that.
Rasputin

10.10.2015 at 08:25
It was just another day in Seattle. Amy Roe, 42-year-old author and three-time Boston Marathon runner, had just put in her miles 12 of them. And, after running almost a half-marathon, she was sweating.

On most days, this would not be noteworthy. No one was dying. No one was bleeding. But Roe's very normal bodily function was met with disapproval at a local Starbucks in an upscale part of town, she said.

"You look like you just did a class," a woman asked Roe. "Or swimming?"

"Um, running," Roe said. "I just sweat a lot."

Though that was the beginning and end of the interaction, Roe was humiliated. As she explained in a recent Guardian piece: "I threw off my damp running cap and flipped up the hood of my sweatshirt in embarrassment. I wanted to dive deep into that Lululemon Scuba and never come back up for air." She didn't even stop to get half-and-half on the way out.

Roe had been "sweat-shamed," she said.

"Sweat-shaming is when someone points out your sweatiness as a way to signal disapproval," she wrote. "Like its counterparts, slut-shaming and fat-shaming, sweat-shaming is aimed mainly at women, who are actually not supposed to sweat at all."

In a telephone interview with The Washington Post, Roe elaborated on her plight. As presented in her piece, the woman who had "shamed" her had barely spoken to her. Was the woman's intent really malicious and, as Roe implied, the result of sexism?

"Maybe I'm hypersensitive," Roe said. "But I kind of feel like there's nuances in how people communicate. I feel like I'm a good reader and judge of intentions."

Roe, in part, blamed geography.

"Seattle is kind of a passive-aggressive place," she said. "Somewhere else, other people would be really upfront about it. In Seattle, you'd be more likely to make a comment that you notice something about somebody."

But this story was about more than the quirky mores of the Pacific Northwest. Roe was fighting on yet another front in the culture wars in the ongoing debate about microaggressions, trigger warnings and the need for people to check their privilege. And the battle against sweat shaming may just be getting started.

"Are woman not allowed to sweat anymore?" Elizabeth Kennedy wrote in Australia's The Glow last month. "Were we ever? While men are idolised and salivated over in every spritzed photograph, I have never seen an advertisement with women jogging where at any point she is even the slightest bit shiny."

Kennedy wrote that she was shamed after sweating in, ironically, a hot yoga class. Her teacher, she said, praised her practice, saying she had "nailed it" before calling her out for perspiration.

"While I was humbly thanking her and simultaneously singing 'nailed it' in my head, she quickly followed up with 'but you were perspiring heavily,'" Kennedy wrote. "This was accompanied by a worried look on her face, as if I had had a stroke in the middle of class."

Roe said that people who worry about how they look when they work out may not work out in the first place.

"I'm pretty accomplished and relatively fast, not overweight and obese," Roe said. "If it can affect me and obviously I'm less vulnerable to this kind of thing than other people presumably it can affect a person out there running for the first time. People are afraid to exercise for how they look doing it."

Unfortunately, Roe said, there was also the possibility she would be perceived as a maniac for bringing up this issue in the first place.

"I hope I don't don't end up sounding like a crazy victim type person," Roe said. "First-world problems, the height of liberal PC or whatever. I don't want to come across that way, but that's the chance you take."

Amy Roe. (Courtesy Amy Roe)

Indeed, many took the chance to pillory Roe. Her reaction to a seemingly minor exchange got some conservatives, among others, riled up.

"Now, this is pretty interesting, because I myself can remember quite a few times that I've made fun of dudes for being sweaty," Katherine Timpf wrote at National Review about Roe's experience. "And I remember that everyone from Donald Trump to cable-news pundits was discussing how much Marco Rubio was sweating after the last GOP debate. Come to think of it, I also just remembered that men's deodorant exists, and that that just might mean that sweating freely is probably not encouraged for anyone of any gender."

"Harrowing stuff, I'm sure you'll agree," one blogger wrote. "Ms Roe is what we must henceforth refer to as a sweat-shame survivor."

For Roe, however, sweat shaming is just part of body shaming a phenomenon that "affects all people," she said, but one that often seems to target women.

"The idea that we have to be ladylike that hasn't gone away," Roe said. " The idea that women are getting Botox on their head so their head doesn't get sweaty I never heard about men doing that."

Roe's point may not be widely known: Though Botox may be more commonly associated with Hollywood stars of a certain age, it's also used to treat "severe primary axillary hyperhidrosis" underarm sweating.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/01/sweat-shaming-a-womans-workout-humiliation/
Candlemass
Defaeco

12.10.2015 at 01:15
I really wonder how people come up with these things. When my girlfriend comes back from gym, it just doesn't even pop-up in my head. I just can't understand it. Not "Sweat-shaming" and not people who think it exists. I mean seriously? I've never heard of it damn it.

New Gary Edwards video, kinda heavy. Gonna watch it again tomorrow.
I also have "Delusions of Gender" on my shelf, for so many years now, I might as well start reading it tonight.
----
Twelve Virtues of Rationality
Rasputin

13.10.2015 at 01:40
Delusions of Gender is a very funny book. No science, just propaganda.
Rasputin

13.10.2015 at 04:02
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2430048/google-and-mozilla-baulk-at-bro-extension-because-feminism

A DISCUSSION OVER the appropriateness of the .bro extension in a new and inclusive internet has caused things to boil over in some parts and got more than a few pairs of Y-Fronts in a twist.

It is not often that the naming of an extension is up for debate, but this one, which could have been .br or .bro, does have that something about it. A long discussion post on the Bugzilla pages shows the question thrown up for debate, and the result sees the decision thrown to the wolves at Reddit.

A long thread in the forum entitled Change the content encoding type from 'bro' to 'br' concerns the Brotli Compressed Data Format and the best way to abbreviate it. Problems have arisen following concerns that it might alienate ladies and Brazilians, and presumably Brazilian ladies in particular.

The debate was started by Google and pushed forwards by Mozilla engineer Patrick McManus, who questioned the sensitivity of the name.

Google and Mozilla ditch the .bro file extension because of feminist concerns. Reddit naturally spews bile. https://t.co/itF5nI27ZY
Shona Ghosh (@shonaghosh) October 12, 2015

"'bro' has a gender problem, even though the dual meaning is unintentional. It's misogynistic and unprofessional due to the world it lives in. I received a series of 'bro' jokes in response to my posting about this new feature. Best to avoid it rather than spending time defending an arbitrary nickname," he said.

Avoidance was the best policy, and the result of the discussion is the acceptance of this advice. Google's Zoltan Szabadka said that, after a talk with one lady, a decision has been made.

"I have asked a feminist friend from the North American culture sphere, and she advised against bro. We have found a compromise that satisfies us, so we don't need to discuss this further. Even if we don't understand why people are upset from our cultural standpoint, they would be (unnecessarily) upset and this is enough reason not to use it," he said.

The decision has not found favour with all parties. "That's plain stupid. People who are offended by an HTTP header accidentally named like a slang word for a (male) friend have serious mind issues and should go see a doctor instead of being kept happy by developers," said one Reddit poster.

Another added that no one seems to have a problem with the .sys extension which would seem to be gender equivalent.

This carries on at Reddit where the males have come out in protest. "Political correctness gone fucking stupid, yet there was little/no press about Icann blocking the .gay internet domain suffix. What a fucked up world we live in," said one poster. µ
IronAngel

21.10.2015 at 23:51
Written by Candlemass on 25.09.2015 at 09:47

It's sexist, a-priori. Everything is sexist. Football. Theory of relativity. Fluid mechanics. Your cat is probably too.

That's a funny video. I've watched some Sargon of Akkad and thunderf00t, and I usually feel dirty afterwards - especially when I agree. They are correct on many points and usually more reasonable than the people they criticise, but they're also so full of bile, so focused on personal attacks and systematically discrediting the opponent (probably out of populism more than anything) that they smuggle in terrible arguments of their own when the audience is laughing at the stupidity of the victim. SoA should probably rename himself Herod of Judea for all the babies he's thrown out with the bathwater.

I guess mocking laughter and name-calling gets you views, though. It's just a shame that the video responses don't even attempt to be constructive (because there is a good argument to be made for their position), but instead get side-tracked by the stated goal of "destroying" the opponent. It's fucking childish.
Candlemass
Defaeco

22.10.2015 at 00:41
Written by IronAngel on 21.10.2015 at 23:51

That's a funny video. I've watched some Sargon of Akkad and thunderf00t, and I usually feel dirty afterwards - especially when I agree. They are correct on many points and usually more reasonable than the people they criticise, but they're also so full of bile, so focused on personal attacks and systematically discrediting the opponent (probably out of populism more than anything) that they smuggle in terrible arguments of their own when the audience is laughing at the stupidity of the victim. SoA should probably rename himself Herod of Judea for all the babies he's thrown out with the bathwater.

I guess mocking laughter and name-calling gets you views, though. It's just a shame that the video responses don't even attempt to be constructive (because there is a good argument to be made for their position), but instead get side-tracked by the stated goal of "destroying" the opponent. It's fucking childish.

Well, you're right without reservation. They are not charitable, they don't deal with the strongest arguments or engage with the literature systematically (or at all). They stay pop and are more for abusive 'fun' with few exceptions.

Cordelia Fine is one of the most credited academic feminists and for good reasons too (at least her critiques of existing studies and thier flaws).

Gary Edwards, also toek a stab at it from an empirically informed philosophical perspective:

There's lots to unpack, and yeah , I guess that's why Sargon of Akkad and thunderf00t are so much more popular.
----
Twelve Virtues of Rationality
EmilySun

07.01.2016 at 04:46
Written by Rasputin on 13.10.2015 at 01:40

Delusions of Gender is a very funny book. No science, just propaganda.

I think it should be equal, but without feminism.

10.01.2016 at 04:58
Feminism in a nutshell, ladies and gents:

Can someone please explain to me why women are allowed to vote? The overwhelming majority of them are just overgrown children who have no idea what they want, or even what's good for them. I feel bad for the non-retarded women who have to share gender with these morons.
Vombatus
Potorro

10.01.2016 at 05:50
That post seems to reduce the whole fucking problem to a bunch of women. It's completely retarded.

Are you taking over the vacant spot left by deadone and rasputin?
no one

10.01.2016 at 12:07
Written by Vombatus on 10.01.2016 at 05:50

That post seems to reduce the whole fucking problem to a bunch of women. It's completely retarded.

Are you taking over the vacant spot left by deadone and rasputin?

Trying but failing miserably
----
nobody
Rasputin

21.01.2016 at 05:16
The problem is bunch of women and their liberal bullshit agenda. All of this "sensitivity" bullshit did not come from men, it came from stupid twats (which are sadly educated or should I say indoctrinated in their "Gender/Women Studies") whose main problems are manspreading, eye rape and triggers, and yet, if a colored Muslim rapes one or several women, you can't hear a mouse fart, because they do not want to be "racist" since everything today is racist.

Women are fucking crazy, Feminists are the most crazy ones, and on top of it all stupid, stupid, stupid, much like many of the libtards we have on this forum.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]

Login or register to post here.