Metal Storm logo
Feminism

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 22.10.2006 - 20:47
I'm really tired of all the feminists who blames every single bad thing in the society on the men.

A few years ago the leader of the national organisation for women- and girl-helpcenters (dont know the proper english translation) said, in public, that all men are pigs. How the hell can she say something like that? How the hell can women draw the conclusion that ALL men are bad?
Afterwards, when it had been on the first page in every newspaper, there was a reporter who asked her if she still meant what she said. She answered "But all men ARE pigs. Don't YOU think so?"
When I heard that I was like "whoa!" I mean, she sounded like a freakin maniac. I was honestly scared.

Another feminist debate in Sweden was whether we would boycott the FIFA World Cup just because prostitution is legal in Germany. Some stupid feminist (can't remember name) wrote a blog about that men "should take their responsibility". She said that if you're not against it, you're with it. How the hell can she really believe that i can't enjoy football without having to fuck a prostitute after a game? Talk about preconceived opinions.
"Men are pigs" pfff... That fucking feminist blogger is nothing but a filthy animal.

Since a new party started in Swedish politics, Feministic Initiative, I am no longer a feminist. I do believe that men and women should be equal to eachother, but the word feminist has got a new meaning to me. Feminism is now a synonyme to the word "sexism".
This party wanted all men to pay a certain tax that would pay for the rehabilitation of beat up women. Fucking fascists!

And have you heard about the book "The SCUM-manifest"? The author basically says that men are the reason why the world is as bad as it is, and that all women should exterminate the male gender. Hmm, that sounds familiar somehow. Could it be MEIN KAMPF, written by freakin ADOLF HITLER??? Only the word "jew" has been replaced by the word "male".

I am not a feminist, but I am a feminimasculinist. I don't want women to run the world. I want both men AND women to do it. Therefore, I am a feminimasculinist.
All feminists should burn in hell. Boycott feminism.
23.06.2015 - 21:38
IronAngel
No doubt Kant would, but he was a 18th century moralist nerd who never got laid. Fortunately, sexual ethics has come a long way since then and we are free to enjoy each other without shame.

Objectification, insofar as it is wrong, means denying someone's subjectivity altogether. Understandably, we rarely actively consider someone's subjectivity when it has no bearing on the situation.

Looking at someone sexually is exercising you freedom to see. Whether you're objectifying the object of your gaze depends on your attitude and what else you do; do you believe they exist, or (should) dress up, purely for your viewing pleasure? Do you think it is appropriate to make rude sexual advances and get offended when they aren't welcomed? Or do you smile politely if they meet your gaze, and recognise they are a person?

The problem with accusations of objectification is that it's impossible to get inside someone's head and see what they really think. We're left with evaluating external behaviour. But it's not hard to know how you yourself should behave: be polite, be nice, whether you're dealing with a man or a woman. It's perfectly alright to treat the cashier as a means to your ends (of buying food), just like you are a means to my end of getting heard/influencing opinion, or like a busty woman in a low-cut top is an object of my sexual gaze, but only as long as you are prepared to also treat them as another human being - politely and fairly.
24.06.2015 - 08:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by IronAngel on 23.06.2015 at 00:29
You are at your strongest when you pick on the easy targets of supposed feminism in low-brow media, but the fact that they are wrong does not make you right, or feminism a bad idea. You have not presented any positive argument in your favor that hasn't been countered or wasn't compatible with feminism.

No need to engage in a pointless "debate" with Rasputin, what you've said here is 100% correct. The big mistake Rasputin makes is equating a minority, extremist wing of feminism as representative of feminism itself. Which is very foolish. But he is a sexist, and homophobe, so that should come as no surprise to anybody.
24.06.2015 - 20:41
Rasputin
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.06.2015 at 08:23

You are at your strongest when you pick on the easy targets of supposed feminism in low-brow media, but the fact that they are wrong does not make you right, or feminism a bad idea. You have not presented any positive argument in your favor that hasn't been countered or wasn't compatible with feminism.

No need to engage in a pointless "debate" with Rasputin, what you've said here is 100% correct. The big mistake Rasputin makes is equating a minority, extremist wing of feminism as representative of feminism itself. Which is very foolish. But he is a sexist, and homophobe, so that should come as no surprise to anybody.

The minority is the majority now, and even if they are not in some cities and areas, they are the most vocal, so what they say goes.
Here is another buzzword "homophobe" hmm, wrong, but I don't give a fuck what you think. Sexist? Not quite. You forgot Islamophobe and White Supremacist :0
Written by IronAngel on 23.06.2015 at 21:38

Looking at someone sexually is exercising you freedom to see. Whether you're objectifying the object of your gaze depends on your attitude and what else you do; do you believe they exist, or (should) dress up, purely for your viewing pleasure? Do you think it is appropriate to make rude sexual advances and get offended when they aren't welcomed? Or do you smile politely if they meet your gaze, and recognise they are a person?

The problem with accusations of objectification is that it's impossible to get inside someone's head and see what they really think. We're left with evaluating external behaviour. But it's not hard to know how you yourself should behave: be polite, be nice, whether you're dealing with a man or a woman. It's perfectly alright to treat the cashier as a means to your ends (of buying food), just like you are a means to my end of getting heard/influencing opinion, or like a busty woman in a low-cut top is an object of my sexual gaze, but only as long as you are prepared to also treat them as another human being - politely and fairly.

You tell that to the Feminists, since we have dangers of Eye Rape and Stare Rape, and the Feminists seem to be able to read minds since they know that when someone is looking at them, he/she is raping them...mentally.

Written by Rasputin on 22.06.2015 at 23:21

Do you realize what you have just written? All of this would brand you as a stare-rapist, creeper and misogynist. LMAO, you just admitted sexually objectifying women, and that is a big no no among Feminists. Do me a favor, drop this paragraph to some American Feminist sites, let's see how long will you last.

According to modern feminism, it is your fault for oogling women, and everything is wrong by enjoying the opposite sex, because you are taking away their female agency by reducing them to a sex object. You need to control your sexuality buddy, you need to shut that part of your brain down, because Feminists want you to. We are not animals, so stop acting like one.

Then those "feminists" would be stupid and wrong. And I have never suggested the majority aren't: feminists are like any other people, and most people are fucking stupid. But your caricature is not very accurate; I have no doubt some populists would have that kneejerk reaction, but intelligent people wouldn't misuse terminology so.

Objectification, for example, does not mean treating someone as an object of your purposes - sexual or otherwise. It means reducing someone to an object, and recognizing in them no other value. It is what Kant's categorical imperative means: you mustn't treat another "merely as a means to an end, but always at the same time as an end." We are objects to each other, but that is not all we are. Simone de Beauvoir understood this: the human condition is the ambiguity of being a subject to oneself and an object to others. I seem to recall that she especially stressed this dualism in a sexual encounter, when one becomes aware of the other as a subject and oneself as an object of desire/pleasure. Do not claim that feminist theory is unaware of this. It is extremely probable that most uneducated individuals have misinterpreted this stuff, but that has nothing to do with the validity of the argument.

Your focus is continually on what other people say and believe. That should have little bearing on the topic: every feminist on the planet might be a terrible person twisting their ideology for their own nefarious purposes, but feministic arguments could still be entirely correct. You are at your strongest when you pick on the easy targets of supposed feminism in low-brow media, but the fact that they are wrong does not make you right, or feminism a bad idea. You have not presented any positive argument in your favor that hasn't been countered or wasn't compatible with feminism.

Didn't you know? Feminists are never stupid and wrong. And this stands for what they argue about. Like I said, post your comment on any Feminist American site and see the sparks fly. These are College Professors that are using this terminology and this interpretation, not me.

Fuck Kant, we are not talking philosophy here, or his form of philosophy, we are talking about feminism, its theory and practice.

Low-brow media? Sure, but it is the mainstream media, and when Anita Sarkesian for instance is being praised, of Emma Watson for their stupidity, that is ok. Feminists are easy targets because of the nonsense they support and advocate.

Pray say, when did you counter me with anything? When did any of you counter any of my arguments except running to the dictionary and showing me "look this is what feminism stands for" but I am again talking about the practice, not some bullshit they themselves cannot follow and contradict each other every step of the way.
24.06.2015 - 22:32
Rasputin
More fun Feminist stuff...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/22/meet-the-taxpayer-funded-feminist-professor-who-demands-men-control/
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/university-diversity-officer-keeps-job-despite-kill-all-white-men-tweet/story-fnkgbb3b-1227374221246
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/lorde-and-lena-dunham-say-women-who-denounce-feminism-just-havent-been-educated/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/books/reviews/waragainstboys0703.htm

Normal feminist for a change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewU33EdNnM&feature=youtu.be

Interesting http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11693577/Loneliness-I-was-lonely-until-I-got-a-boyfriend.-Bad-feminist-alert.html

More feminist garbage to follow suit

Addition. ROFL!!!
http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/01/male-feminist-rules-to-follow/
27.06.2015 - 01:48
Rasputin
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jEQYHAFfjg Peaceful Feminists....
27.06.2015 - 04:20
ixsetf
Written by Rasputin on 24.06.2015 at 22:32
Normal feminist for a change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewU33EdNnM&feature=youtu.be

I have generally agreed with what this woman has said in the videos I've seen, but I wouldn't consider her a normal feminist. Normal would mean that her views are usual, but for most issues there are few feminists out there that side with her. For proof, just look in the comments section. A major Men's Rights Activist, Karen Straughan, often makes comments indicating her agreement with the content of The Factual Feminist's videos.
27.06.2015 - 05:13
Rasputin
Written by ixsetf on 27.06.2015 at 04:20

I have generally agreed with what this woman has said in the videos I've seen, but I wouldn't consider her a normal feminist. Normal would mean that her views are usual, but for most issues there are few feminists out there that side with her. For proof, just look in the comments section. A major Men's Rights Activist, Karen Straughan, often makes comments indicating her agreement with the content of The Factual Feminist's videos.

Which is interesting if you take a look at the other video I posted. If Sommers is a feminist, if Karen is supporting her, I have no problem with that type of thinking, because it is based in logic and reason, however, what I keep seeing, hearing and being bombarded by is the wave after wave of modern day feminists who are against everything either are saying. Like I said before, while I do not want to dismiss entire feminism as a whole, I am forced to, because feminists like the ones from the second video are polluting and destroying anything positive from being created, and Feminist is a word with a negative trait, you cannot use it anymore and expect it to be regarded as positive and equal, because simply the current dialogue or lack of it, is pointing to the contrary.

If we have women who are agreeing with me "the lunatic" "sexist" "misogynist" and fighting against the same things I am fighting against, what does that say about them? Are they all those things, or are we finally gonna sit down and say "fuck, we have a problem here."

#yesallmen
#killallmen
In my eyes is a problem.
27.06.2015 - 08:49
ixsetf
Written by Rasputin on 27.06.2015 at 05:13
Which is interesting if you take a look at the other video I posted. If Sommers is a feminist, if Karen is supporting her, I have no problem with that type of thinking, because it is based in logic and reason, however, what I keep seeing, hearing and being bombarded by is the wave after wave of modern day feminists who are against everything either are saying. Like I said before, while I do not want to dismiss entire feminism as a whole, I am forced to, because feminists like the ones from the second video are polluting and destroying anything positive from being created, and Feminist is a word with a negative trait, you cannot use it anymore and expect it to be regarded as positive and equal, because simply the current dialogue or lack of it, is pointing to the contrary.

If we have women who are agreeing with me "the lunatic" "sexist" "misogynist" and fighting against the same things I am fighting against, what does that say about them? Are they all those things, or are we finally gonna sit down and say "fuck, we have a problem here."

#yesallmen
#killallmen
In my eyes is a problem.

The thing about feminism is that many people have stopped using the dictionary definition of it, many others pretended to stop using the dictionary definition while still using it anyway, and almost everyone has attached the existence of the patriarchy and a bunch of other extra ideas to it.

Addition. ROFL!!!

This would be a lot more funny if I didn't personally know multiple people who use this site and others advocating very similar ideas. There is a lot of pressure to pretend to accept this sort of thing as the truth, and I've been chewed out multiple times for not fully supporting it.
27.06.2015 - 09:25
Rasputin
Written by ixsetf on 27.06.2015 at 08:49

Written by Rasputin on 27.06.2015 at 05:13

#yesallmen
#killallmen
In my eyes is a problem.

The thing about feminism is that many people have stopped using the dictionary definition of it, many others pretended to stop using the dictionary definition while still using it anyway, and almost everyone has attached the existence of the patriarchy and a bunch of other extra ideas to it.

Addition. ROFL!!!

This would be a lot more funny if I didn't personally know multiple people who use this site and others advocating very similar ideas. There is a lot of pressure to pretend to accept this sort of thing as the truth, and I've been chewed out multiple times for not fully supporting it.

The dictionary definition is all fine and dandy, but it was never implemented to begin with. It sounds good on paper, like Communism (which ironically they got a lot things for their little cult, to include the class versus class war). That is the thing, while there are women who are for equality, they are silenced or afraid to speak out. You have "Women Against Feminism" and they got death threats, and wishes to get raped by the same Feminists who are so afraid of rape, because they do not want for any woman to be anything other than a Feminist. You can be all you want to be, but if you are a woman a Feminist is a must.

Look at the video, and the way they are behaving, that is coming to every college soon, not just those places in Canada, or the State of California. I am opposing this behavior, and this kind of manipulation and freedom of speech control.

From what I keep seeing, there is very little pretending. Well, you are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else is, and to me that is disheartening that you cannot voice your view because you are afraid of the backlash. They are using scare tactics to make men and women tow the line.

I also do not like that not being a Feminist, not supporting this Cult like behavior is now labelled as sexist, misogynistic and evil.
04.07.2015 - 10:34
Rasputin
Mores stupidity from modern feminism
http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/tattoos-are-not-invitations/

And very interesting
http://whiteribbon.org/domestic-violence-research/the-corruption-of-research-on-domestic-violence/
05.07.2015 - 19:37
Candlemass
Defaeco
Always fun to watch:

Just in time after my quite usual rants ("lack of respect for empiricism"), Gary Edwards started a new video series named "The Empirical Left". How would the political left look like without being 'interpretive' i.e. wasted by what we call 'sociology faculty'?
07.07.2015 - 05:33
Rasputin
Written by Candlemass on 05.07.2015 at 19:37

Always fun to watch:

Just in time after my quite usual rants ("lack of respect for empiricism"), Gary Edwards started a new video series named "The Empirical Left". How would the political left look like without being 'interpretive' i.e. wasted by what we call 'sociology faculty'?

Laughing my ass off, thanks for these, they are great
07.07.2015 - 12:47
IronAngel
Written by Rasputin on 04.07.2015 at 10:34

Her arguments here are overblown and thus unconvincing - "it's for me", "invading her time", whatever. But I don't see how the bottom line is stupid. It's just common courtesy: you should keep a respectful distance from people and only comment when it is natural and you genuinely think it is a welcome compliment. This applies to both men and women and is more about politeness than feminism, but if it is an especially common issue for a tattooed woman, it is good to be aware of that and take it into consideration. You don't need to lap up everything she says, but you should be grateful for any advice that helps you be a gentleman rather than a jerk.

Gary Edwards' channel seems interesting, gonna watch that Empirical Left playlist at some point.
08.07.2015 - 19:48
Rasputin
Written by IronAngel on 07.07.2015 at 12:47

Written by Rasputin on 04.07.2015 at 10:34

Her arguments here are overblown and thus unconvincing - "it's for me", "invading her time", whatever. But I don't see how the bottom line is stupid. It's just common courtesy: you should keep a respectful distance from people and only comment when it is natural and you genuinely think it is a welcome compliment. This applies to both men and women and is more about politeness than feminism, but if it is an especially common issue for a tattooed woman, it is good to be aware of that and take it into consideration. You don't need to lap up everything she says, but you should be grateful for any advice that helps you be a gentleman rather than a jerk.

Gary Edwards' channel seems interesting, gonna watch that Empirical Left playlist at some point.

You cannot be a gentleman and be a feminist, or should I say, you cannot be a female feminist and accept a gentleman, because those are two mutually exclusive terms. Unlike Emma Watson, and her heforshe bullshit which is contrary to the current feminist ideals, feminists do not condone being a gentleman, because you guess it--Patriarchy, since it invades women's sense of agency and all that bullshit.

The article is just one of many that gets gobbled up on mainstream feminist sites, which later on result in asinine regulations and more topics to fight over. While I understand her view on people touching her and agreeing with her, the overall tone and topic of the article is anything but that, it clearly attempts to start more shit where we would chug this under another topic like manspreading, mansplaining, yesallmen and so on and so forth. Microagressions are new Feminist battlefields, which clearly demonstrates that now that equality has been reached they have nothing to complain about but bullshit. Just like the chick from the Candlemass's video said, "these are first world problems" which in essence are not problems, just stupidity. You have women in Islamic countries that are treated like garbage, Asia and EU with more sex trade, and quite a few other things, but who cares about that. Let's bitch about "eye rape" and rape culture that does not exist.
09.07.2015 - 21:52
Candlemass
Defaeco
If you're bad at formal thinking and at creative thinking and acting, you end up in sociology?

10.07.2015 - 18:27
Candlemass
Defaeco
Feminism vs Evolutionary biology? A Conversation with Prof Gad Saad, it's live.
14.07.2015 - 11:55
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by deadone on 14.07.2015 at 09:53

Judging by even recent comments on MS by some posters, women's rights and equality still has a long way to go.

Yeah I saw that. I was kinda upset so I couldn't even bear going through the rest of the posts.
15.07.2015 - 12:49
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by deadone on 15.07.2015 at 01:51

If it's maniacblasphemer on the Enabler thread then it gets worse. Dude's a piece of shit though it would appear his culture has engrained issues with this kind of thing (like many Eastern Europeans I've encountered including a lot from where I was born).

Yeah that's the guy, I knew that if I kept on reading I'd have his bullshit circling in my head the whole day. It's not as if I don't have enough misogyny to deal with here.
22.07.2015 - 06:27
Rasputin
Http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/christie-blatchford-ruling-in-twitter-harassment-trial-could-have-enormous-fallout-for-free-speech
29.07.2015 - 10:57
Rasputin
Http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/23529/
31.07.2015 - 16:40
Kass
Account deleted
Feminism should really start happening in the Arab world, because (we) Arabs treat women like an objects, and mostly they have no rights thanks to ISLAM and society.
01.08.2015 - 04:32
Rasputin
Written by Guest on 31.07.2015 at 16:40

Feminism should really start happening in the Arab world, because (we) Arabs treat women like an objects, and mostly they have no rights thanks to ISLAM and society.

Interesting, but I doubt that will happen. Feminism is as incompatible with Islam as Islam is with the Western world.
13.09.2015 - 16:36
Candlemass
Defaeco
So, empirically testing an hypothesis, is a fallible ongoing process, this will won't be the last word and yet it is a finding and perhaps an example of how misguided idealistic notions of "equality" can be harmful:

Marine Corps Study: All-Male Combat Units Performed Better Than Mixed Units

"unnecessary distraction or any dilution of the combat effectiveness puts the mission and lives in jeopardy. Risking the lives of a military unit in combat to provide career opportunities or accommodate the personal desires or interests of an individual, or group of individuals, is more than bad military judgment. It is morally wrong."
15.09.2015 - 10:47
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by deadone on 15.09.2015 at 07:30

I was just about to put this up.

Interesting stuff - I believe women can do almost everything men can but combat is a very specialised area.

How are the Israelis going with the mainly female Caracal batallion?

Station them in relatively quite borders, Jordan and Egypt. Those are mostly smuggling routs, on the Egyptian border there were several engagements with Egyptian ISIS/Islamists along the Heth route.

Several studies published results with similar conclusions, women just get more injuries including unique injuries like Cervix inflammations. They are (at the very least politically) controversial tho, the IDF refused to comment on them.

It makes sense I guess. You're suppose to carry a certain per cent of your body weight, at least that's the standard in the military. My girl friend weighs about half of me but had to carry at times up to 40 kg of equipment on her back. She got stress-fractures in her feet relatively early on, she still suffers from them today under stress. Even in Scandinavian countries women tend to be significantly shorter than men.
So this hurts either combat readiness or just causes more injuries.

I think some British studies came up with similar results too, I'm not sure. I don't know much about the methodology of these studies.

Sadly we live in a very idealistic generation that is happy to say at every opportunity "that's excellent for equality".
The debate is still going on, I'm just not sure if for the right reasons tho.
15.09.2015 - 16:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's getting harder and harder to distinguish The Guardian from the Daily Mash these days.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/14/helen-mirren-arms-necks-sexism
16.09.2015 - 12:17
Candlemass
Defaeco
The vast majority of times I read The Guardian is to see what other people who think something-of-it are exposed to. It's garbage like the Daily Mail with a different political lean. I follow dozens of outlets (for several reasons), Salon is probably the only outlet I can say is so far utterly useless to say the least.

I genuinely don't know what people expect. I'm suppose to treat a female just like a male? What about courtship?

My hypothesis is these people have it too good in life. Sensory deprivation can cause the Ganzfeld effect. Given the objectively low amount of sexism and racism in highly developed societies, they start seeing it everywhere. I should send this to my two friends who are psychology majors, maybe they can come up with an experiment to test the hypothesis.
19.09.2015 - 09:35
Rasputin
Written by Guest on 15.09.2015 at 16:42

It's getting harder and harder to distinguish The Guardian from the Daily Mash these days.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/14/helen-mirren-arms-necks-sexism

Julie Bindel, a feminist writer for the Guardian, said this.

" It won't, not unless men get their act together, have their power taken from them and behave themselves. I mean, I would actually put them all in some kind of camp where they can all drive around in quad bikes, or bicycles, or white vans. I would give them a choice of vehicles to drive around with, give them no porn, they wouldn't be able to fight - we would have wardens, of course! Women who want to see their sons or male loved ones would be able to go and visit, or take them out like a library book, and then bring them back.

I hope heterosexuality doesn't survive, actually. I would like to see a truce on heterosexuality. I would like an amnesty on heterosexuality until we have sorted ourselves out. Because under patriarchy it's shit.

And I am sick of hearing from individual women that their men are all right. Those men have been shored up by the advantages of patriarchy and they are complacent, they are not stopping other men from being shit.

I would love to see a women's liberation that results in women turning away from men and saying: "when you come back as human beings, then we might look again."
25.09.2015 - 09:47
Candlemass
Defaeco
It's sexist, a-priori. Everything is sexist. Football. Theory of relativity. Fluid mechanics. Your cat is probably too.

This reminded too why Wikipedia can be so amazingly shitty. Looking for French feminist Luce Irigaray amazing insights into our sexist reality (E=mc2 is a "sexed equation" because she argues that "it privileges the speed of light over other speeds that are vitally necessary to us").
The quotes were removed. So, time to check version history.
They were removed not because the sources were bad but because "the existing paragraph inclines to sexism and its negative content not only overshadows the other, positive contributions but also undermines Irigaray's work.".
"overshadows the other, positive contributions " is a reason to remove something from her Wiki? WTF? Excuse my language, but fucking activists, is why things can be so amazingly shitty.
02.10.2015 - 08:02
Rasputin
Feminism is a mental illness.
02.10.2015 - 12:41
Candlemass
Defaeco