Metal Storm logo
Justin Bieber

Original post

Posted by AngelofDeth, 02.03.2012 - 08:58
Well i have realized that it is more mainstream to HATE on Justin Bieber than to be a FAN of Justin Bieber.

Personally I gave up "hating" other music styles, as well as lifestyles in general, many years ago and Justin Bieber included. I realize that he makes bad music, looks like a fool and is a complete sell-out but why should I or any other person care? Is Justin Bieber really degrading your quality of life that much? Sure its a shame other musicians, that pour their soul into music get minimal recognition while Justin rakes in the millions. But would the world be better if Metal was more popular as Justin Bieber?

WE would lose our identity, we would lose what makes US unique, and the sheep would flock to metal and claim it as their own without truly feeling metal like we feel metal.

So yea Justin Bieber is pretty lame I know. But why not just make a couple jokes have a little laugh and brush it off and let bygones be bygones. We dont need to kill justin bieber and even if someone did another "artist" would just fill the void he left. After all this type of music has been consistently popular since the 70's: Disco 80's: Glam 90's: Boy Bands NM: Justin Beiber.

Let the sheep follow sheep and let us metalhead's remain the Goats. \m/

-AoD
18.08.2012 - 01:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I heard "Boyfriend" for the first time today while watching the video, and to be honest I thought it was not bad actually. I liked how he moved on to a more manly James Dean-like image and the video was actually pretty cool with all the cars and stuff. I think Bieber generates so much hate because people are actually fed up with his fangirls everywhere on the internet, not because of his music. He can play guitar and sing, which makes him a much better musician (yes I just wrote that) than around half of the pop music scene of today.
18.08.2012 - 01:14
Thrashette
Wasn't there an article saying that Bieber likes old school Metallica?
I'd like to think he's not that much of a pussy and just pretends to be like that to make money. Hell, most famous people are just selling an image so why would Bieber be any different? As mentioned earlier, even the haters are giving this guy tons of recognition.
18.08.2012 - 06:42
Void Eater
Account deleted
It wouldn't be surprising if he liked Metallica. They're a freaking huge band, millions of people who don't give a crap about metal like them.
18.08.2012 - 13:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 18.08.2012 at 06:42

It wouldn't be surprising if he liked Metallica. They're a freaking huge band, millions of people who don't give a crap about metal like them.

according to this interview http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/201206/justin-bieber-gq-june-2012-interview not just that, he says he especially loves "One" and "Fade to Black", which while being already two of Metallica's biggest hits, I can say kudos that even through the sugary fake world he's surrounded in he managed to appreciate these very dark songs.

it does mention though that he is just as immature as you'd expect an 18-year old to be, drawing dicks on blackboards and shouting "I got swag bro" or something similar.
18.08.2012 - 14:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Valentin B on 18.08.2012 at 13:52

Written by Guest on 18.08.2012 at 06:42

I can say kudos that even through the sugary fake world he's surrounded in he managed to appreciate these very dark songs.

Before him, even Snoop Dog claimed some of the darkest metallica songs( considering his personal best "Fuel") while wearing Metallica tee on some crappy show.
18.08.2012 - 22:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lol...so he managed it...he has a topic here
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.08.2012 - 18:45
Yellax
Written by Ellrohir on 18.08.2012 at 22:29

It just goes to show you that anybody musician from any genre can have a thread on a Metal website...
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
20.08.2012 - 18:54
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Bibz is HUGE fella. Soon, Cyrus or Gomez gonna have topic here.
21.08.2012 - 06:42
Guib
Thrash Talker
I just came to say that.. I was ashamed to see his name in here -_- .. yeah, I mean Lady Gagas.. okay, but Bieber ?? C'mon
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.09.2012 - 23:01
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by AngelofDeth on 02.03.2012 at 08:58

WE would lose our identity, we would lose what makes US unique, and the sheep would flock to metal and claim it as their own without truly feeling metal like we feel metal.

Let the sheep follow sheep and let us metalhead's remain the Goats. \m/

-AoD

That was pretty good. I enjoyed that little analogy/metaphor.

I personally hate Justin Bieber, not because I hate him personally, but because I hate pop music. It's not solely the music's fault. I hate humanity for being such a shallow mindless species, and I know I am not free of it just because I listen to metal. I do feel somewhat free of the chains that the rest of humanity bears, but I know I am forever shackled to survival instinct and the compulsive desires of the flesh; the need to be loved, the need for pleasure, the need to destroy, the limited perceptual reality that we are all trapped by...

I hate the kind of music that Justin Bieber makes because it reminds me how unthinking and uncaring the rest of the world is, to love something so shallow, soulless, and empty. It sounds so formulaic, so mass-produced, with more care for quantity and profit than quality and soul. I'm happy for him, that he's made a success out of himself at such a young age. Good on him, but it still reminds me of how dull and unthinking the world has gotten.

Metal is the anger in response to this, metal is the rebellion, the fire, the vengeance, the hate, vindicating soul, the redemption.

I don't know why I'm getting all pseudo-poetic on a thread about Justin Bieber, but whatever.
----
09.09.2012 - 23:34
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Jaeryd on 09.09.2012 at 23:01

I hate the kind of music that Justin Bieber makes because it reminds me how unthinking and uncaring the rest of the world is.

Dont you see the hypocrisy in that though?

Your bashing "the world" for being uncaring, but hate is most thoughtless and careless emotion one can feel.
So to hate would make you just as "unthinking" and "uncaring" as Justin Beiber fans.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
10.09.2012 - 00:06
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.09.2012 at 23:34

Your bashing "the world" for being uncaring, but hate is most thoughtless and careless emotion one can feel.
So to hate would make you just as "unthinking" and "uncaring" as Justin Beiber fans.

Hate is not always an unthinking uncaring emotion. In fact, sometimes it is a very deep, very real, very intimate emotion. For me, it is the the opposite side of love, as they are part of the same coin. To truly hate someone or something, you have to know them intimately, you experience a deep connection with them, even if the connection is one of destruction.

There's this ancient symbol used all over the world in many cultures: the Ouroboros. For some it's a symbol for death or suicide. For others its a symbol for life and growth. In most cultures, it represents infinity. Life slays itself and gives birth to itself, it feeds on itself and grows because of it. It is the eternal circular universe. In fact, the symbol for infinity is an Ouroboros in the shape of a sideways 8. It is balance of everything.

I don't like everything being happy happy joy joy love because that detracts from me being able to experience darkness. I love the darkness, and hatred is a part of that darkness. There must be some form of destruction in order for life to exist. Like the Ouroboros, creation and destruction happen at the same time. You cannot have one without the other.

Don't believe me? The Sun is the biggest manifestation of destruction in our solar system. It is through the fusion and partial destruction of atomic structures that we receive photons, thermal energy, and other forms of radiation from the Sun, which is absolutely necessary for life to exist on this planet. Everything feeds on that ultimate source of destruction.

My hate may be irrational and in some forms uncaring, but it is also a method for me to experience other aspects of life. To shut everything else out and focus on only a few aspects of life leads to the constant droning, shallow experience that many people cling to. I have learned from many philosophers, Robert Anton Wilson, Friedrich Nietzsche, even Crowley, that hate isn't necessarily bad. If it is used to mindlessly and carelessly, then there is no point. I am not furthering the progress of myself, nor humanity, as I am acting like an animal. If I use it to experience other aspects of life and thus increase my knowledge, if I allow myself to be free and conduct my emotions where I will them, then this is useful and not bad at all.

I find it funny that you have something against hatred, when so much metal uses that specific emotion in its music quite often. Maybe you don't like that kind of music, but the allowing yourself to experience an emotion without shutting it out and bottling it up--the ability to channel that hatred into something that feeds your soul is a good thing to be able to do.

After all, all things feed from death and destruction. There is not a single thing that can be alive were it not for some form of destruction.
----
10.09.2012 - 00:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Just listen to metal and leave the fucking kid alone.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.09.2012 - 03:20
Oaken
Hipster
I'll just say my opinion as it is: This guy makes music, and some people love it. They can love it all they want, and we have to respect that, regardless of our opinion of Bieber. We can listen to our metal and pretend he never exists. Simple enough. That's my attitude towards the mainstream, and that's the reason I know nothing let alone care about it.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
10.09.2012 - 06:29
Void Eater
Account deleted
This time next year, 15 year olds will have forgotten about Justin Bieber and will say that One Direction is "killing music" and an "enemy of metal", with metal referring to Asking Alexandria and A Day To Remember. Biebs might even manage to enter the realm of "real music" if he continues to go in a more "mature" direction, such as his latest album.
10.09.2012 - 09:13
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Oaken on 10.09.2012 at 03:20

I'll just say my opinion as it is: This guy makes music, and some people love it. They can love it all they want, and we have to respect that, regardless of our opinion of Bieber. We can listen to our metal and pretend he never exists. Simple enough. That's my attitude towards the mainstream, and that's the reason I know nothing let alone care about it.

I suppose that's reasonable enough. If other people are allowed to like it, though, then I am surely allowed to hate it. Still, I guess the best policy is to ignore it all, which I've been doing anyway except when little kids or the radio/TV shove pop music down my throat.
----
10.09.2012 - 16:18
AlacratStore
I love Justin because he's a great person, he's attractive, not just cause looks but whats inside in his heart, he's a giving person, he's a respectful person, he's a great idol to kids all over the world, he spreads great messages to his fans and to everyone to never give up, he loves his fans.
----
crochet
18.09.2012 - 17:33
Sangre Sani
I can't believe I found a Justin Bieber topic on Metal Storm.
28.09.2012 - 21:30
Yellax
Written by Sangre Sani on 18.09.2012 at 17:33

Well, its in the General Music forum, so why not?
----
28.09.2012 - 23:25
Sangre Sani
Written by Yellax on 28.09.2012 at 21:30

Because it's in the General Music forum. That's why.
29.09.2012 - 05:47
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.03.2012 at 18:26

Written by Spirit Molecule on 13.03.2012 at 20:24

You're a 12 year old trapped in a 20 year olds body?

I was once a 20 year old trapped inside a 12 year old. I was arrested shortly after.

6 month old post, but its hilarious when combined with your new avatar.
01.10.2012 - 18:40
Yellax
Written by Sangre Sani on 28.09.2012 at 23:25

Written by Yellax on 28.09.2012 at 21:30

Because it's in the General Music forum. That's why.

Not that I am trying to stand up for Justin Bieber, but I take it that he does not count as music here on Metalstorm?
----
02.10.2012 - 00:50
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
On this thread existing =====>>>
----
02.10.2012 - 19:52
nana.MD
Star-Queen

I know!! WTF ¬¬
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
08.12.2012 - 22:09
Ethan1994
I honestly don't mind Justin Bieber. I felt the same way even when I was still listening to mostly pop music. While I do really hate the song "Baby", I do think he has got some good songs. The majority of his music is okay, and I think his more recent stuff is an improvement over his earlier stuff.

I have never understood why people seem to hate him so much, because I think there are definitely worse artists out there. I also don't understand why people call his success the Death of Pop Music, because he's not even THAT successful. Sure, his music video "Baby" was number 1 on YouTube for a while, but I have doubts that it was solely because of his fans.

And while the very devout Beliebers can be very annoying, I honestly find the devout Anti-Beliebers to be much, much more annoying.
11.12.2012 - 02:25
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Ethan1994 on 08.12.2012 at 22:09

And while the very devout Beliebers can be very annoying, I honestly find the devout Anti-Beliebers to be much, much more annoying.

I agree.
07.01.2013 - 14:00
Metalandy92
Written by Guest on 10.09.2012 at 06:29

This time next year, 15 year olds will have forgotten about Justin Bieber and will say that One Direction is "killing music" and an "enemy of metal", with metal referring to Asking Alexandria and A Day To Remember. Biebs might even manage to enter the realm of "real music" if he continues to go in a more "mature" direction, such as his latest album.

It is actually bands like asking alexandria,a day to remember,avengede semenfold and shitknot who is actually the enemies of metal, and they are a threat to real metal because kids think its metal when its actually emo shit who tries to be metal.
07.01.2013 - 17:41
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 14:00

It is actually bands like asking alexandria,a day to remember,avengede semenfold and shitknot who is actually the enemies of metal, and they are a threat to real metal because kids think its metal when its actually emo shit who tries to be metal.

I used to think that way, but kind of stopped giving a fuck. Those bands aren't metal in any way and are taking some fans who might otherwise get into metal, but there's still tons of people into metal and its in no risk of dying out. Plus, ADTR is awesome-entry level with a lot of dumb fans, but no fucks given, great music.
07.01.2013 - 22:06
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.09.2012 at 00:12

Just listen to metal and leave the fucking kid alone.

Can't we listen to other musical styles aside from metal? I'm sure a lot of peoples enjoy both Justin Bieber and Heavy Metal.

(Not my case).
07.01.2013 - 22:12
Uldreth
Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 14:00

Metal has no "enemies" and you don't know what emo is (hint, actual emo can be a harsh and violent genre).

Plus yeah, A Day To Remember is pretty awesuhm in some weird ways.