11. The Gnashing
12. Bullhead's Lament

Disc II [Deluxe Edition bonus] [Live from Roadburn Festival 2009]
01. The Birthing
02. Isak
03. Rays On Pinion
04. Wanderlust
05. Grad

Alrighty Folks, I'm BoxCar Willy and today I've got a very good deal for you, that deal is the new Baroness Album? That's right the Blue Record! Stayed tuned folks, because you're about to find out about this deal of the century!

Okay, we're back folks, now I'm going to tell you about this mind-blowing deal. First of you get a little atmosphere, but that little bit goes a long way, creating a nice full bodied ambiance. Upon further digging, you will find amazing distorted riffs, and I mean "Turn it up to 11" distortion! A song like "The Sweetest Curse" will have you headbanging in no time!

But Wait! There's more!

Not only do you get full bodied distortion and riffs that will rock your proverbial socks off, you also get several acoustic tracks! That's right! Songs like "Steel That Sleeps The Eye" will overwhelm you with their amount of greatness!

But Wait! There's more!

Order now and you get both clean vocals, and growls! The masterful and talented John Baizley, gives you both! And these aren't your run-of-the-mill clean vocals and growls! No, these are some of the best vocals this young spokesperson has ever heard!

BUT WAIT!!! THERE'S MORE!!!

Really people, I can't believe how low they're giving this stuff away for! Not only do you get amazing riffs, crazy acoustic riffs, and mind boggling vocals? But you will also receive the amazing cover art! People, this artwork is just beautiful! Yes, Not only can John play guitar and sing, he's also quite the artist.

Don't miss out on this steal of a deal, go out and buy this album now! Especially just for the songs "Steel That Sleeps The Eye/Swollen And Halo" And "The Sweetest Curse".

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 9
Production: 9

Written by Boxcar Willy | 18.02.2012

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
I picked up the new Baroness, Blue Record on a lunch break genuinely wanting to like it. I had heard enough intriguing hype from MS and other sources to encourage me to buy it - and as with every album I plunk potential beer money down on, I want to enjoy my purchase.

(get ready kids, a curve ball is a-comin'!)

I popped it into the cd tray and hit "play" while toiling away at my desk, finishing up the work day. I gotta say it took me forever to get through a single listen of the album. I just couldn't sit straight through it.

Read more ››
published 14.10.2009 | Comments (33)

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 76 users
04.03.2012 - 01:48
Lit.
Account deleted
I agree fully with your review. This was an entirely sick album.

Hits total: 4480 | This month: 10