02. Bringer Of Death
03. Our Will
04. Hypocrisy
05. The Key Stimulus
06. To Dominate Their Psyche
    1 - I Am The Psychic Vampire Slayer
    2 - For Those Who Have Separated The Wheat From The Chaff
    3 - We Toast, For Those Who Live Free

Diabolical Sacrilege...To Dominate Their Psyche...$10 says you can't guess the type of music they play.

...And what a poor bet that would be. This is exactly what you would imagine. Raw, pounding blackened death metal. Even though you've probably never heard this before, you've definitely heard it before. Buzzsaw guitars, blast beats, raspy, yet deep gutterals and so on and so forth. To Dominate Their Psyche is another stick-to-the-basics style extreme metal record. There is nothing wrong with that in and of itself, assuming you do it right. This is not done right...Well, not exactly done wrong either, but just incredibly dry, faceless and almost completely devoid of personality. Trying to describe this album in more than a few words is like trying to describe the taste of soda crackers in more than 200 words. They amalgamate both sides of the black-death coin seamlessly, yet it still sounds generic as crap. Generic death metal + generic black metal = not any less generic. Go figure.

There is a few good riffs though. Not nearly enough to make it worth sitting through entire songs, but they are there, while the nice little chaotic nature of the whole thing gives it the little personality it has. The crunchy intros, and the psychotic leads & solos are actually of some quality. They're generally decent enough to pull you in, before dropping into generic, dime-a-dozen, bedroom death metal. However, all those aforementioned high points come to your attention after a whole lot of serious straining to find them.

Yes folks, another typical album. Sometimes, a band can be typical, yet have a certain quality that can make them fantastic in spite of that lack of creativity. Diabolical Sacrilege is not one of those bands.

Written on 13.03.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 77 users
13.03.2012 - 20:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I was worried for a minute because I couldn't tell. I was like... black metal? Death metal? I can't decide!

By the sounds of it these guys are on an even lesser playing field than Hate. If people want to release a blackened death metal album, look to Arkhon Infaustus or Akercocke.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.03.2012 - 20:38
Mattybu

You owe me ten bucks Doc. Nice review also

one thing I would like to point out is the album artwork, regardless of the music I really like that cover!

Hits total: 3026 | This month: 5