Metal Storm logo
Testament - New Album Details Revealed

Bay-area thrash legends Testament have revealed more details about their upcoming full-length titled Dark Roots Of Earth, including the album cover, tracklist and release date.

The artwork was created by Eliran Kantor, who has worked with such bands as Sodom, Atheist, Sigh. Dark Roots Of Earth was produced, mixed and mastered once again by Andy Sneap (Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Accept, Exodus). Special bonus tracks were recorded, mixed and mastered by Juan Urteaga (Cattle Decapitation, Heathen, Vile, Sadus) at his Trident Studios. The follow-up to their 2008 release The Formation Of Damnation will be released on July 27th (Europe) and July 31st (North America) via Nuclear Blast Records.

Dark Roots Of Earth CD/DVD tracklist:

01. Rise Up
02. Native Blood
03. Dark Roots Of Earth
04. True American Hate
05. A Day In The Death
06. Cold Embrace
07. Man Kills Mankind
08. Throne Of Thorns
09. Last Stand For Independence
10. Dragon Attack [Queen cover] [bonus]
11. Animal Magnetism [Scorpions cover] [bonus]
12. Powerslave [Iron Maiden cover] [bonus]
13. Throne Of Thornes [extended version] [bonus]
+ Bonus DVD

[Also thanks to kual21 and Kincaid for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Testament
Posted: 16.05.2012 by qlacs

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 61   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 290 users
16.05.2012 - 16:15
Void Eater
Account deleted
If Testament is objectively crap, then I'm looking forward to this atrocious turd sandwich.
16.05.2012 - 16:39
Baz Anderson
Staff
That's a really nice cover!
16.05.2012 - 17:38
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Lovely cover. I'm expecting an average album with a just a couple of killer songs that will deliver live, let's see how it turns out...
16.05.2012 - 17:48
exomorphyx89
Written by Daniell on 16.05.2012 at 13:52

Testament is like McDonald's. Not tasty at all, but lots of people love it. I doubt the new album will change it. The release will suck, but fans will lap it up like they wolf down all the crap in McDonald's.

McDonald's is crap... But I totally disagree with you about Testament's new album. I have been a diehard metalhead since almost 25 years ago just as you are and I think that Testament deserves more respect my friend. We live in a free world and we can give any opinion we want to but I think is not necessary the sarcasm in your opinion. Probably Testament's new release will suck for you as some of your bands could suck for me too... however, we are talking about Testament... one of the best and underrated thrash bands of all time (at least for me)... so, if you think the new album will be crap just say it in a diplomatic way to avoid offending other brothers in metal. Probably new Testament's album won't be the thrash album of the year but let's give them the benefit of the doubt.
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
16.05.2012 - 18:47
bitethepain
I just recently got into Testament and have been going through their albums. Years ago, I had tried them and brushed them aside as a boring Metallica copycat. But after giving their first couple of albums a few listens I'm really getting into them. Their music just has a certain quality to it (bad production and all.) And their 90's album, The Gathering, is so kick ass. Looking forward to hearing this even though I haven't heard their last album yet. Probably get that one soon.
16.05.2012 - 18:49
bitethepain
And oh yea... I love the artwork. There seems to be a certain theme (environmentalism, paganism) in the art and titles of the songs. Cool!
16.05.2012 - 18:57
Baz Anderson
Staff
Just seen there's a bonus cover song of Queen's "Dragon Attack" too... that'll be interesting!!
16.05.2012 - 19:08
Kub
What is this douchebaggery about Testament being crap? I agree that did not have the same brilliance as Metallica back in the 80s, but nobody did, and they were always just a step behind. I love the violin sound of Skolnick guitar and voice of Billy (when he's actualy singing, not growling). Testament is hugely underrated, that's for sure.
16.05.2012 - 19:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 16.05.2012 at 18:57

Just seen there's a bonus cover song of Queen's "Dragon Attack" too... that'll be interesting!!

Yep, that's one of Queen's best and most underrated songs... Can't wait to hear Testament's version of it!

Nice choice for the Maiden cover too. Not going for the more obvious "hits" is always better and more interesting.
16.05.2012 - 19:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.05.2012 at 16:13

there is such a thing as objectively good and bad when it comes to food. Too much salt, too much grease, flavours not balanced etc.

Objectively good "for you" is not the same as being good i.e. better tasting. And just because you spent £50 on a meal doesn't mean it's good for you.

The balance of ingredients being "objective" is also bollox and is totally dependant on opinion and taste, usually culturally. Take a family off a council housing estate and give them a meal at The Fat Duck and they'd probably turn their nose up at it and go to McDonald's. For it to be objectively better everyone would need to feel the same way. Which they don't.

Pomposity =/= Objectivity, but you and Daniel can tell each other otherwise over your expensive candlelit dinner together
16.05.2012 - 19:20
exomorphyx89
Written by Kub on 16.05.2012 at 19:08

What is this douchebaggery about Testament being crap? I agree that did not have the same brilliance as Metallica back in the 80s, but nobody did, and they were always just a step behind. I love the violin sound of Skolnick guitar and voice of Billy (when he's actualy singing, not growling). Testament is hugely underrated, that's for sure.

Totally agree brother!
----
16.05.2012 - 19:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Going off-topic again, but... I kinda agree with Joe and Marcel about the food thing... It is possible to be objective about food. However, as Joe said, just because a food is "good for you", doesn't mean to say everyone will think it's "good". You can be objective about the healthiness (or unhealthiness) of food, or it's quality. However, taste itself is entirely subjective. Some people like how McDonalds tastes, even though the food itself isn't healthy for them.

Although it is wrong to suggest that everyone would need to agree on something for it to be objectively better. Just because something is a fact, that doesn't mean that some people won't try and refute, or deny it.
16.05.2012 - 19:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.05.2012 at 19:25

Although it is wrong to suggest that everyone would need to agree on something for it to be objectively better. Just because something is a fact, that doesn't mean that some people won't try and refute, or deny it.

Yes but those people will be wrong because there is proof to the contrary. I'm clearly talking about science and fact here, not religion and fantasy. I'll be a position to say that they're objectively wrong
16.05.2012 - 19:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by [user id=4365] on 16.05.2012 at 19:30
Yes but those people will be wrong because there is proof to the contrary. I'm clearly talking about science and fact here, not religion and fantasy. I'll be a position to say that they're objectively wrong

That is very true, of course. I was just asserting that not everyone has to agree on something for it to be an objective fact.
16.05.2012 - 19:39
Crème fraiche
Written by [user id=111774] on 16.05.2012 at 16:15

If Testament is objectively crap, then I'm looking forward to this atrocious turd sandwich.

I will gladly share this turd sandwich with you sir

Album cover looks sweet, and I'm excited
16.05.2012 - 19:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Back on topic, 'The Formation Of Damnation' is probably one of the few Testament albums I actually enjoy so will probably give this a glance.
16.05.2012 - 19:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.05.2012 at 19:25
Going off-topic again, but... I kinda agree with Joe and Marcel about the food thing... It is possible to be objective about food.

Being objective about McDonald's would be saying "their meat contains too many by-products". Being subjective about McDonald's would be saying "their meat doesn't taste good".

It's the same with Testament. Objectively you can say their riffs may not be the most complicated in thrash, but subjectively you can say their riffs suck.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.05.2012 - 20:14
exomorphyx89
Written by [user id=111774] on 16.05.2012 at 16:15

I want a piece too!
----
16.05.2012 - 20:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.05.2012 at 19:59
Being objective about McDonald's would be saying "their meat contains too many by-products". Being subjective about McDonald's would be saying "their meat doesn't taste good".

It's the same with Testament. Objectively you can say their riffs may not be the most complicated in thrash, but subjectively you can say their riffs suck.

Yep, that's pretty much spot on.
16.05.2012 - 20:30
Looking forward to this, FoD was pretty strong album. Oh yeah, McDonald's sucks! A lot!
16.05.2012 - 20:32
.Nick
Artwork looks nice, hopefully the album will be good as well.
16.05.2012 - 20:41
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.05.2012 at 16:06

Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.05.2012 at 15:43
First of all, it's funny that I see a lot of the staffers bashing Testament and calling their stuff cheap and redundant, yet I've seen a lot of staffers praising the recent Overkill album as well.

You can mark me down as someone who will likely end up feeling the same about this album and Overkill's latest. It's weird to bash one band and not the other for doing what they're doing.

Well, thanks for at least being consistent
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
17.05.2012 - 01:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Not a huge Testament fan, but that is some killer artwork.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.05.2012 - 09:09
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Roots of the earth, now featuring ANTLERS!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.05.2012 - 09:47
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by [user id=4365] on 16.05.2012 at 19:15

Pomposity =/= Objectivity, but you and Daniel can tell each other otherwise over your expensive candlelit dinner together

95% of what I eat are raw vegetables and fruit, so they don't qualify for a candlelight dinner

On topic: I listened to Formation of Damnation yesterday to check again if it's still as bad as it was before. It is. So uninspired, forced and dull. Not a single riff sticks in my head, completely nothing. Give me "Apocalyptic City" any day of the week, keep everything after "The New Order" away from me
17.05.2012 - 18:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Daniell on 17.05.2012 at 09:47
keep everything after "The New Order" away from me

With pleasurel! But I'll return to listen to "The New Order" and "The Legacy" sometimes too...
17.05.2012 - 20:18
I just wish they'd go back to the style of Demonic.
----
www.thegrimtower.com (updated ftequently with reviews and interviews!)

www.torii.bandcamp.com (black/doom/death)
19.05.2012 - 09:10
Stoned Crow
Account deleted
It's a deer, it's an elk, it's a ram, it's medusa- what the fuck is that?
22.05.2012 - 22:53
theFIST
Written by [user id=131073] on 19.05.2012 at 09:10

It's a deer, it's an elk, it's a ram, it's medusa- what the fuck is that?

modern dark cover art
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
22.05.2012 - 22:55
theFIST
Written by thefallenalchmst on 17.05.2012 at 20:18

I just wish they'd go back to the style of Demonic.

vocal wise yes, but instrumentally they should rather mix Gathering with a sped up version of Low
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:

Hits total: 7982 | This month: 4