Metal Storm logo
Muse

Original post

Posted by AnGina--, 19.11.2006 - 14:33
I'm not gonna start this topic with ''Muse begain in bla bla....'' but with enthusiasm as their latest album definately deserves my #1 of year 2006 in rock scene.

I was never a fan, listened to them occasionaly, but since Black Holes and Revelations they became one of my favourite bands and they helped me re-gain my love for rock as I used to have.

The reason why I find them so outstanding stays unknown probably even to me, but their mixture of melodic rock with modern electronic sounds and a die-for vocals (yepp, I absolutey adore them) is just mesmerizing. I also really love their lyrics, halfway cryptic, halfway neo-romantic, anyway, perfect.

So, if you have any thoughts, you're more than welcome to share them
11.12.2007 - 00:32
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
They're still my favourite band of all time but purely due to matt's musicianship, ability to perform/entertain and the first 3 albums. I've seen them live 5 times now but the last one was disappointing although it was kind of ruined anyway by my ex being a total div. I only saw the first 20 minutes of the set but the new tracks didn't impress me.

Showbiz is still my favourite album and Plug In Baby, Hysteria and Sunburn are still top of my tracks although I love Showbiz, Uno and Dead Star too. I don't think they'll move from my top spot any time soon even though they seem to be changing to a very politically based band which i generally can't stand. i understand they want to use their standing and influence but i don't think people should be able to make judgments on elections or policies simply because they want to copy what a band does... but that's another thread entirely!

Suffice to say, Muse rocked my world when I first heard them and they shall continue to do so for a good while longer.:bow:
27.12.2008 - 16:11
Kanto
Maybe my favorite band...and that's it, I simply love this amazing band. Yeah, maybe the Black Holes' has a not-so-muse sound the first time, but it has really good stuff, Map of Problematique, Invincible, Take a Bow or Knights of Cydonia. But the best of Muse is their live performance, those guys just blow up your head; Matt, Chris and Dom...they have a lot of energy.
Anyway...Butterflies & Hurricanes or Showbiz...they changed my life xD
----
...Dude.
01.01.2009 - 14:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I actually have two of their albums now. I started to listen to them because of Dream Theater which can be a bit strange.

They are very talented and put on a great show.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.01.2009 - 18:47
Graveheart
Written by BloodTears on 01.01.2009 at 14:44

I started to listen to them because of Dream Theater which can be a bit strange.

Hah, it's the same for me then, if it was because of the track "Never Enough". That's one of my favorites on Octavarium and many people have said it sounds like Muse had written the song. After having listened to Muse I had to agree.
01.01.2009 - 23:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Graveheart on 01.01.2009 at 18:47

I started to listen to them because of Dream Theater which can be a bit strange.

Hah, it's the same for me then, if it was because of the track "Never Enough". That's one of my favorites on Octavarium and many people have said it sounds like Muse had written the song. After having listened to Muse I had to agree.

Exactly. It was Octavarium which is an album I happen to enjoy a lot. And you can see the similarity.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.01.2009 - 06:51
Kanto
Written by BloodTears on 01.01.2009 at 23:28

Written by Graveheart on 01.01.2009 at 18:47

Exactly. It was Octavarium which is an album I happen to enjoy a lot. And you can see the similarity.
Yeah, I'm hearing the Never Enough now on Youtube, it sounds a little like Stockholm Syndrome, anyway...both are really good songs so I won't complain
----
...Dude.
02.01.2009 - 09:22
Hamird
Lieutenant
I used to be their fan, about 4 years ago, I watched their song, Hysteria on the satellite and I really like them. That was the time that I was so softer than now, and listen to some bands like Travis, Radiohead, Oasis and blur.. And in that time I found this band so great.. I think they have talent! Specially with great guitar player..
21.01.2009 - 16:43
Italics
Muse is a freaking brilliant band.
I do believe that "Black Holes and Revelations" is a couple steps down from "Absolution," but it definitely has its highlights! In fact, "Starlight" may possibly be my favorite Muse song of all time!
They are supposed to be releasing a new cd sometime later (much later) this year.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
27.03.2009 - 01:06
Ragana
Rawrcat
The vocalist has an interesting voice. I like few songs by Muse but not much, though, I used to listen to them years ago. Time Is Running Out, Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole surely is my top 3 of the only Muse songs I've ever liked. Can't remember any more.
30.03.2009 - 00:58
Jonnz of Steel
I saw them a few months back in Ireland but as always their support bands were terrible (Kasabian and the dreadful Glasvegas), Muse on the otherhand were spectacular. A few years before that I saw them in Edinburgh (with My Chemical Romance supporting ) where they played the song Forced In, it was funny seeing the confused faces of all the newer fans who didn't know it lol

But yeah, I can't wait for the new album. I believe Matt once said something about it being more guitar driven then BHAR?
31.08.2009 - 14:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
I've finally decided to get this band's albums... I've listened the first two so far and they're really good, I didn't expect that.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.09.2009 - 02:47
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Elio on 31.08.2009 at 14:52

I've finally decided to get this band's albums... I've listened the first two so far and they're really good, I didn't expect that.
you've been missing out (=
----
loves 小巫
01.09.2009 - 11:14
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I don't know much about this band but i'm planning to do that! i've heard some songs and they sound great. especially starlight is awesome..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.09.2009 - 15:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Seems like a lot of young girls started listening to Muse because of the Twilight series, my little sister being one of them. Well, she/they could've been fans of much worse.
----
01.09.2009 - 21:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by AnGina-- on 07.07.2007 at 20:14

It's kinda weird that there are so little fans of Muse here on MS...

O well... This is a metals ite you know

Soooo Muse... I got into them recently and I have to say that I really like them specially the vocals... They are so fucking powerful!
I've jsut heard Origins though... But I will haunt more stuff, that's for sure.

I really like how they use the piano, the first song I've ever heard was Sunburn and I think the intro is brilliant.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.09.2009 - 22:01
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.09.2009 at 21:47

Written by AnGina-- on 07.07.2007 at 20:14

It's kinda weird that there are so little fans of Muse here on MS...

O well... This is a metals ite you know

Soooo Muse... I got into them recently and I have to say that I really like them specially the vocals... They are so fucking powerful!
I've jsut heard Origins though... But I will haunt more stuff, that's for sure.

I really like how they use the piano, the first song I've ever heard was Sunburn and I think the intro is brilliant.

Another awesome piano song is Space Dementia.

btw I'm done with their discography. While the first two albums are kinda good and will even get better with more listens, the other two ones, Absolution and especially Black Holes and Revelations were quite bad.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.09.2009 - 22:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Elio on 01.09.2009 at 22:01

Another awesome piano song is Space Dementia.

btw I'm done with their discography. While the first two albums are kinda good and will even get better with more listens, the other two ones, Absolution and especially Black Holes and Revelations were quite bad.

I'm gonna try to get the debut then since I already have Origins which I borrowed from a Library.
----
Rod, let me love you.
01.09.2009 - 22:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
@Elio Muse's first two (and especially the first one) are quite big Radiohead rip-offs with some E.L.O. thrown into the equation) at least thee other had a bit of a unique sound to them, but still borrowing heavily from bands such as E.L.O. and Radiohead.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.09.2009 - 23:58
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, coming back to this topic after 3 yrs of creating it, I must say that even though I got into Muse through the inglorius Black Holes And Revelations, I gotta say Origin of Symmetry became my fave, followed by Aboslution and Showbiz... so BHAR are on the last spot

Radiohead ripoff or not, I never liked Radiohead, so I'm with Muse all the way I do agree on the pianos and I also love the keyboards they use (for instance in Bliss). And of course, Bellamy's voice, that's just priceless (and I wonder why I despise the falsettos in flower power bands, but not in rock... hmmm )

The new album called [i]The Resistance[/b] is out on two weeks and can't wait to hear it.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
02.09.2009 - 11:41
Elio
Red Nightmare
Yeah I don't like Radiohead either, only Kid A is in my book a good album by them.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.09.2009 - 15:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Elio on 02.09.2009 at 11:41

Yeah I don't like Radiohead either...

And yet you like the watered down rip-off version of it?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2009 - 15:15
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2009 at 15:01

Cause I don't consider Muse's first two album a watered down version of Radiohead. I do agree there are some common elements, but I think they are more like a better version
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.09.2009 - 17:45
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Elio on 02.09.2009 at 15:15

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2009 at 15:01

Cause I don't consider Muse's first two album a watered down version of Radiohead. I do agree there are some common elements, but I think they are more like a better version

Yes, I don't believe in it either.. Maybe the only common element that you say is the similarity of Yorke and Bellamy vocals.. But anything else?!
If Marcel means Radiohead's first three albums, I must say Muse is much stronger than that Radiohead..
But in my opinion Amnesiac and Kid A are masterpieces of Radiohead which I prefer to all Muse discography..
02.09.2009 - 18:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Hamird on 02.09.2009 at 17:45

But in my opinion Amnesiac and Kid A are masterpieces of Radiohead which I prefer to all Muse discography..

You prefer Kid A and Amnesiac over OK Computer? The blasphemy the blashemy.
OK Computer is a masterpiece Kid A is watered down version of it imo.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2009 - 18:21
Baz Anderson
Staff
I don't see any similarities between Muse and Radiohead from Radiohead's last four albums. They moved away from the whole Brit-rock-pop thing, which Muse are still doing now.
I loved Muse's second and third albums especially, but I really lost interest in them since they did that "Supermassive Black Hole" thing.
02.09.2009 - 18:47
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2009 at 18:17

Stop with this watered down thing

You may not agree about Kid A being a good album but masterpieces and OK Computer can't appear in the same sentence, unless you are saying "The opposite word for masterpiece is OK Computer".

----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.09.2009 - 18:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Soooo... That's why I disliked Kid A that much? Because I found it boring as hell.
And I'm like the others... There are common elements but the music feels different in my ears.

And wtf with OK not being great [I mean Elio's comment]... I think it was a really fresh listening the first tim, and it's still a nice great album imho.
----
Rod, let me love you.
02.09.2009 - 19:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
I find Kid A refreshing and OK Computer boring instead. Aaaah, tastes.

lol today I'm having fun quarelling with Marcel about albums. I'm bonkers
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.09.2009 - 20:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Elio on 02.09.2009 at 19:04

I find Kid A refreshing and OK Computer boring instead. Aaaah, tastes.

lol today I'm having fun quarelling with Marcel about albums. I'm bonkers

You are bonkers, but apparently lack taste today. Before you know it you will start liking Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Ex Deo, Swashbuckle
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2009 - 21:04
Hamird
Lieutenant

Damn, you're too old to listen to Idioteque, lol..
But seriously I found Paranoid Android (which it seems to be the album hit) so boring, while I really liked most of tracks on Kid A, and it wasn't a watery thing at all, lol..