Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Part Ways With Singer Anette Olzon

Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company. The band is in the middle of a North American tour with Kamelot and faces yet another line-up change.

Full statement from the band and Anette Olzon: "Another chapter of the Nightwish story has ended today. Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

Nightwish has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from The Netherlands (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the Imaginaerum world tour.

We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone. We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together."

Elize Ryd (Amaranthe) and Alissa White-Gluz (The Agonist) stepped in for Anette this past Friday night (September 28th) at the Ogden Theatre, Denver, because Olzon was forced to spend the night at a local hospital. The singer later stated on her blog: "I was never asked if it was ok they used Elise and Alica in the show last night. I don't think it's a good decision they made and I'm sorry for those of you who came to see the whole band but got something else. But I was very ill and this decision wasn't mine."

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 01.10.2012 by Tristam

Comments page 2 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 131   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 864 users
01.10.2012 - 21:13
PocketMetal
Written by Guest on 01.10.2012 at 20:26

Floor Jensen... wasn't she on KMFDM's new one?

no she was on Devin Townsend's Deconstruction . she is known mostly for After Forever though , also she is Mark Jansen's sister. ( Epica's main guy )
also I love how everyone's happy here =))
01.10.2012 - 21:19
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.10.2012 at 21:01

If Anette would rather Nightwish cancelled a show instead of the band performing with two different singers instead, I think that says all we need to know about her. Good riddance.

Well duh.

What's even funnier than the drama all over the internet is the fact I've seen several posters on other sites saying "well they got some replacement singer"... some replacement singer... I'm not in that scene, but even I know Floor fucking Jansen. Is it so hard to google your supposedly favorite band's replacement singer before posting bullshit? Or, you know, listen to bands in the scene other than Nightwish
----
7.0 means the album is good
01.10.2012 - 21:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Somehow its logical ... they never shood kick nout Tarja, maybe they shood aks her beck
Im not suprise, I thought it will happen, maybe next eyar maybe after, but i know it amd somehwo Im heppy, she is like Paul d ASnnio in Ironm Maiden, even worsth
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.10.2012 - 21:24
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by PocketMetal on 01.10.2012 at 21:13

also she is Mark Jansen's sister. ( Epica's main guy )

Ehhhh, no.
01.10.2012 - 21:31
PocketMetal
Written by Unhealer on 01.10.2012 at 21:24

Written by PocketMetal on 01.10.2012 at 21:13

also she is Mark Jansen's sister. ( Epica's main guy )

Ehhhh, no.

lol . you are right they are not even related ! I can't believe I thought they are brother and sister all these years ... wtf ? I'd kill to find they guy who first told me this and kick his ass :p
01.10.2012 - 21:54
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Woah. Did not expect this news tonight.
01.10.2012 - 21:56
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Angelic Storm on 01.10.2012 at 21:12

Sounds to me as if Anette was fired for the exactly same reason Tarja was fired: She became a diva who viewed herself as being more important than the band as a whole.

In that case I'm wondering if we're going to have an open letter soon as well...

I have no idea what the internal affairs of the band might have been but for some reason I doubt that she'd become a diva. When Tarja left, it was indeed a shock but the signs were there even before such as the absence of stage chemistry between the vocalists, Tarja being an 'ice queen' (now compare that to her stage presence as a solo singer), interviews about Tarja 'doing one more album before going solo' etc.

It may be possible that the reason Anette was dismissed lies in the fact that she was a mother of two. I understand she had her kid(s?) with her on tour and it's damn hard to be a touring star and a family person simultaneously. Add some health issues that require hospitalisation and the probability of a complete meltdown is there... sadly enough... Guess she needed more time but the band couldn't give her that...

Other than that, nothing indicated that kind of an outcome if you read the last updates by the band or watch some live videos from recent concerts.
01.10.2012 - 22:01
xclaw
Good riddance Anette. Will be nice to see Floor again.
01.10.2012 - 22:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Ernis on 01.10.2012 at 21:56

Written by Angelic Storm on 01.10.2012 at 21:12

Sounds to me as if Anette was fired for the exactly same reason Tarja was fired: She became a diva who viewed herself as being more important than the band as a whole.

Other than that, nothing indicated that kind of an outcome if you read the last updates by the band or watch some live videos from recent concerts.

More updates will be there til tomorrow on Facebook page. They have already announced the temporary singer but haven't issued a complete announcement on why Anette left the band.
01.10.2012 - 22:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Dafuq? first i heard she was in hospital and a few days later she is out of the band? thats how you deal problems, when Nuclear Blast is your label or what?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

01.10.2012 - 22:05
Ethan1994
Awwww!
That's such a shame! I really like Anette. I hope Floor does good for the band during their tour.

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.10.2012 at 19:04

Dada dada dada da daaaaaaah......Tarja will now be back. Fuck yeah!

Ummm...
No she isn't. Sorry to disappoint you, but Tarja is never coming back.
01.10.2012 - 22:10
FeskarN
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.10.2012 at 21:01

If Anette would rather Nightwish cancelled a show instead of the band performing with two different singers instead, I think that says all we need to know about her. Good riddance.

Indeed. Saw her statement about the situation and I was thinking "She will be fired for having that attitude" and it happend. No suprise really
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
01.10.2012 - 22:35
Vermoorden
Thank god, awful singer.
01.10.2012 - 22:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Love it! That's all I can and need to say.
----
01.10.2012 - 22:59
Noobs!, Floor is just temporary... I really think it would be a terrible mistake choosing it permanently, seriously would be disrespectful to Revamp and Nightwish too.
01.10.2012 - 23:18
Opethian
Floor is too good for these Drama Queens Nightwish should call it a day
01.10.2012 - 23:46
ANGEL REAPER
So will be drama section in ms awards this year? i mean this smells like a good drama ahead...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
01.10.2012 - 23:53
mariano
Thank god, It was about time
Seven years without Tarja... what a waste of time.
02.10.2012 - 00:29
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
"Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company."

And there was much rejoicing!!!!

"Floor Jansen"

Nightwish with Floor.. maybe I could like the band again? Must get a ticket to one of the remaining US shows!!! Floor
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
02.10.2012 - 00:30
Something seemed off at the concert last week. A different energy and they played a ton of songs featuring Marco on vocals (not that I was complaining). I would have died if Floor had been the one performing, she's hands down my favorite female vocalist in all of Metal.
02.10.2012 - 00:36
Evil Chip
I knew it! Well it's better that the pick a better singer. Its ok if they don't want an operatic singer again (I ddint like Tarja) but the can bring more than an avarage singer.
02.10.2012 - 00:37
I was also told by the tour manager (nice guy, talked to him on the phone when discussing my ticket purchase on enterthevault) and he said Annette HATED the VIP meet and greets before the shows and that she had her kids on tour and didn't like taking the time away from them.
02.10.2012 - 00:50
KainRich
I'm not afraid to say that, out of all the NW albums, Imaginaerum was my fav. Was lucky enough to them live for the first and probably last time, a week ago. The NW band members seemed to genuinely have a fun time playing live together that night , at least moreso than any other band I've seen. I thought to myself in the crowd "Wow, these guys are really happy to be and play together" Too bad.

I'm also a fan of After Forever, but I'm assuming that Floor is just the replacement for the last few US shows, not a permanent singer. Wouldn't that be something if Tarja DID come bacK? lol
02.10.2012 - 00:55
Metal Invader
All I will say is that I am not sad that Anette is gone..I stopped listen Nightwish after DPP..Hope they will choose much better singer!
02.10.2012 - 01:02
Void Eater
Account deleted
PLEASE REUNITE WITH TARJA BEFORE THE AUSTIN SHOW!!!!
02.10.2012 - 01:05
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
Don't Know What To Say :S
02.10.2012 - 01:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Cheers, Anette-haters...your dreams finally came true...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.10.2012 - 01:15
Shit. Just bring back Tarja and let bygones be bygones. I'd assume she's grown up and maybe she'll appreciate being in the band more now. Besides, it's not like she doesn't cover their songs anyway.
----
www.thegrimtower.com (updated ftequently with reviews and interviews!)

www.torii.bandcamp.com (black/doom/death)
02.10.2012 - 01:29
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I wonder if Anette will go Portnoy/Tate.
02.10.2012 - 02:27
No surprise Anette is gone, didn't really add too much to the band, never hated her nor loved her either. I assumed too soon that listening Floor singing NW classics would be a mind blower, hope it certainly will.

Hits total: 19222 | This month: 41