Metal Storm logo
Queens of the Stone age

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 29.11.2006 - 06:02
Queens of the stone age are in my oppinion one of the better rock bands of the common era. I especially love Nick Olivaries Basslines on the Album "Songs for the death. Unfortunatly he had to leave the band due to Drug and spousal abuse problems. One of My friends was actually lucky enough to meet the band.

I have it labelled as Acid Rock because that is how it was introduced to me, and it quite frankly does have an acid feel to me, but I'm sorry if it is incorrectly labelled anyway. Are there any Other Queens fans on here? Well in anycase, you guys tell me what you think.
12.05.2008 - 02:57
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
probably one of my favourite rock bands, i love the desert rock thing they did and songs for the deaf is an awesome album so is the new one era vulgaris tha song sick sick sick is great and the video is lovely too haha
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
20.05.2008 - 21:18
metalhead3
this bend is totaly shit. hehehehehehe
22.05.2008 - 07:36
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by metalhead3 on 20.05.2008 at 21:18

We have our opinions, and we are all entitled to them.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.06.2008 - 10:14
Desertman
Account deleted
one of the best desert rock bands among with kyuss
06.11.2008 - 11:38
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
These guys are really cool. A friend of mine loves them a lot and I hear them whenever I'm at his house. They have a nice atmoshere and a kooky kind of sound. I also like Kyuss which the band front man was in in the early nineties.
----
Coldgrits
28.12.2008 - 19:12
benvolent
Written by metalhead3 on 20.05.2008 at 21:18

Ooooh, how I love such unconditioned rubbish from little children without hair on their balls! sweeet!

I really love QOTSA. Their sound is completely unique, and they're still working.. (desert rock seems to be quite exhausting - kyuss, alabama thunderpussy... ) The absolute peak was Songs for the Deaf imo!
After Nick Oliveri leaving and working with Castillo as only drummer there is a lack of creativity, but, well, Josh will find someone...
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
19.07.2009 - 00:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
If you guys think Dave Mustaine's on stage antics are funny, then this compilation of Josh Homme will make you fall out of your chair laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl33poJNSE4

The part where he talks about Nick Oliveri is the best. He makes fun of that chick so much It starts at the 1:00 mark

Never heckle Joshua Michael Homme III xD
19.07.2009 - 00:54
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Dangerboner on 19.07.2009 at 00:27

If you guys think Dave Mustaine's on stage antics are funny, then this compilation of Josh Homme will make you fall out of your chair laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl33poJNSE4

The part where he talks about Nick Oliveri is the best. He makes fun of that chick so much It starts at the 1:00 mark

Never heckle Joshua Michael Homme III xD

I love how he treats those daft franch commy tits with safety jackets and pushes that dipstick of stage.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
24.08.2011 - 07:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
For whatever reason (mainly free access to their discography via spotify and going through a recent Kyuss phase) i just started to check these guys out now.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.08.2011 - 11:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 24.08.2011 at 07:24

For whatever reason (mainly free access to their discography via spotify and going through a recent Kyuss phase) i just started to check these guys out now.

Their first 3 albums (mainly the first with odd songs from the other two, skipping a lot of the filler) are pretty much my Summer albums/songs. They're just too cool for school.
11.02.2012 - 01:28
The Turbanator
I have the "R Rated" album and I'm liking it. Any other good albums by them?
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
11.02.2012 - 02:16
@gent_-_orange
Written by The Turbanator on 11.02.2012 at 01:28

I would get Songs for the Deaf, Two of their biggest songs are on that record, "Go with the flow" and "No one Knows". Of course the rest of the material on it is excellent as well. Its also a concept album with the band playing on different radio stations. Probably the bands best.
11.02.2012 - 02:57
The Turbanator
Written by @gent_-_orange on 11.02.2012 at 02:16

Written by The Turbanator on 11.02.2012 at 01:28

I would get Songs for the Deaf, Two of their biggest songs are on that record, "Go with the flow" and "No one Knows". Of course the rest of the material on it is excellent as well. Its also a concept album with the band playing on different radio stations. Probably the bands best.

Cheers buddy, I'm on it!
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!